Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

The True Definition Of Athiesm - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True Definition Of Athiesm (14845 Views)

True Definition Of Sin. / Today I Renounce Athiesm / See why athiesm is a device of the devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Hahhahaha people like me don't get dead easily grin

still sick though but the medicine i took last night made it subside a bit. . I hope it doesn't put me down again as the day gets old though..

But the type of nonsensical threads that goes up here even make sick people wonder how humans could get that dumb..

Just had to romance my phone a bit ... wink

Lol...

Just take care of yourself for us, bae kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by menesheh(m): 2:29pm On Oct 15, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Mr man no divert discussion.

I will put up the piece and you must refute to prove you "intelligence".

BTW I reffered to this:
https://www.nairaland.com/2661330/scientist-declares-science-found-biblical

I expect you now to come up as usual with a smart way of making yourself always feel smart.

I spoke with some of your brothers yesterday and I discovered mehn...why do some people say these atheists are smart because from my conversations with them they seem like sheep's without shephards. I mean I couldn't even go far with them in the debate because they kept beating round the bush.

E.g Menesheh that keeps running away waiting for someone to help him out and Ifeness that said that humans created the air we breathe with our minds and the list goes on

So I said well, those guys are unintelligible and I now I have decided that their king help me with a piece that will be dedicated to you real soon.

So you guys happily commented here when I never even made an argument. cool

What's wrong with your brain bro. Why not stop mentioning me in your nonsensical comments.

Do you think i have the whole time in the world to start replying (lecturing you) and typing long comments so as to convince and notify you that you're under the influence of Roman illusion.

Repost my previous post to backup your claim that am always looking forward for a helper to help me out in your silly argument.

I've outgrown that your level of argument. Take time and argue constructively.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2015
menesheh:

What's wrong with your brain bro. Why not stop mentioning me in your nonsensical comments.

Do you think i have the whole time in the world to start replying (lecturing you) and typing long comments so as to convince and notify you that you're under the influence of Roman illusion.

Repost my previous post to backup your claim that am always looking forward for a helper to help me out in your silly argument.

I've outgrown that your level of argument. Take time and argue constructively.

grin

You never even argued constructively before so I don't have a problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by johnydon22(m): 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Firstly Big Bang is not an expansion but was an explosion. The Expansion of the universe came after the the Big Bang.
Which in turn created the known universe as we know. Now this known universe is in space. Universe=Galaxies, stars e.t.c
Now space on it's own is expanding and as a result of this expansion also stretches the known universe in which we live in. So we say the universe is also expanding. Big Bang is not even a cause of the expansion, it is space itself that is the cause. i.e ever before the big bang, space itself was expanding.

Not again please..

Big bang is an expansion of density and temperature singularity. . I think i will need to just refer this one to wikipedia ... wasting my time with this is becoming demeaning.

The model accounts for the fact that the universe [size=20]expanded[/size] from a very
high density and high temperature state, [4][5] and offers a comprehensive
explanation for a broad range of observed phenomena, including the
abundance of light elements, the cosmic microwave background, large scale
structure, and Hubble's Law . [6] If the known laws of physics are extrapolated
beyond where they are valid, there is a singularity

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

Big bang proposes the expansion from a singularity of high density and temperature. . . . That expansion according to theory caused both space and time into existence.. Both space and time are products of Big Bang according to the theory..

Secondly, as for singularity.. I am sure maybe you didn't study physics in school. Singularity represents an infinity. And nature is regarded as finite.

You see why i always say you appear dumb? You assert singularity represents an infinity.. while my post says

" Boy singularity is a state of [size=20]infinite[/size] point of value in spacetime… " Now people should check and see who really knows what singularity is ..

Energy is an infinite value and energy is nature . . Who ever gave you the impression of a finite nature ...SMH

So If the Big Bang started as a result of an Infinity (Singularity), why did it give birth to finite nature? We expect that Infinity will give birth to it's likeness since it does not have a mind of it's own.

For goodness sake nature is not restricted to one manifestation. A blackhole is an infinite gravitational well and is part of nature. . .

You are simply naive asserting nature is finite in your own little mind. . .

Secondly in a mathematical representation, a value at infinity comes under a finite point in one single value. . 0.9999999...till infinity is still equal to 1 which is a finite value..

Thirdly, Intelligently refute my post.[/b]

Your post is self refuting. . .

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by johnydon22(m): 2:52pm On Oct 15, 2015
MzNelly:

Lol...
Just take care of yourself for us, bae kiss kiss

I always do sweety...kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by johnydon22(m): 2:57pm On Oct 15, 2015

Now i think it is time for me to have fun with this... cool

So jeromejnr it is time i teach you the implications of your assertions by using them against you..

You said
why did it give birth to finite nature? We expect that Infinity will give birth to it's likeness since it does not have a mind of it's own.

Now using this your assertion of an infinite value must beget an infinite result let us boomerang it against your religion.

You assert an infinite and perfect God created the universe ... so going by your assertion above..

How can something infinite create something finite as you think?
so how in the world did an infinite God create a finite nature?

How can something perfect beget something imperfect... ?
How exactly did a perfect God create an imperfect nature

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 3:08pm On Oct 15, 2015
johnydon22 post=39011490]

Not again please..

Big bang is an expansion of density and temperature singularity. . I think i will need to just refer this one to wikipedia ... wasting my time with this is becoming demeaning.

The model accounts for the fact that the universe [size=20]expanded[/size] from a very
high density and high temperature state, [4][5] and offers a comprehensive
explanation for a broad range of observed phenomena, including the
abundance of light elements, the cosmic microwave background, large scale
structure, and Hubble's Law . [6] If the known laws of physics are extrapolated
beyond where they are valid, there is a singularity

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

Big bang proposes the expansion from a singularity of high density and temperature.

Wikpedia again

First of all, Big Bang was not an expansion of the bla, bla bla you wrote up there.

Secondly, The universe came as a result of a dense point which was hot. But what is the meaning of a dense point? A dense point cannot be as a result of an expansion but a contraction. Dense:Tightly Packed. So this alone refutes your thesis.

Even Stephen Hawking a fellow atheists like you said it was as a result of gravitational force somehow collapsing on itself. So how was it a result of an expansion?
You gave me wikipedia, I will give you space.com and also Hawking speech who didn't lay claim to your expansion theory.
http://www.space.com/52-the-expanding-universe-from-the-big-bang-to-today.html

http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html

You see why i always say you appear dumb? You assert singularity represents an infinity.. while my post says

" Boy singularity is a state of [size=20]infinite[/size] point of value in spacetime… " Now people should check and see who really knows what singularity is ..

Energy is an infinite value and energy is nature . . Who ever gave you the impression of a finite nature ...SMH[/i][/b]

For goodness sake nature is not restricted to one manifestation. A blackhole is an infinite gravitational well and is part of nature. . .

You are simply naive asserting nature is finite in your own little mind. . .

Secondly in a mathematical representation, a value at infinity comes under a finite point in one single value. . 0.9999999...till infinity is still equal to 1 which is a finite value..

Your post is self refuting. . .

Haha. So now I can see you base your life on speculations.

You have already determined that nature isn't finite when science says the concept is still yet to be answered.

Am sure you don't even really understand the concept of singularity.

Read this up and stop basing your life on speculations and saying it is a fact.

https://plus.maths.org/content/do-infinities-exist-n
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 3:12pm On Oct 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Now i think it is time for me to have fun with this... cool

So jeromejnr it is time i teach you the implications of your assertions by using them against you..

You said

Now using this your assertion of an infinite value must beget an infinite result let us boomerang it against your religion.

You assert an infinite and perfect God created the universe ... so going by your assertion above..

How can something infinite create something finite as you think?
so how in the world did an infinite God create a finite nature?

How can something perfect beget something imperfect... ?
How exactly did a perfect God create an imperfect nature

Ah! But I am one step ahead of you.

Refer back to my post.

why did it give birth to finite nature? We expect that Infinity will give birth to it's likeness since it does not have a mind of it's own.

Infinity can create Finity if it had a mind and will of it's own.

God has a mind and will so as a result can decide to create finity.

But anyway I wasn't even using the scriptures for you but science against you in which some have said nature is finite.

But scriptures say otherwise. But we talking science now.

Because the matter here will be the concept of the will.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by sonmvayina(m): 3:18pm On Oct 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Their belief in some evil entity satan/devil/ shaytan, hades, pluto is as delusional as their belief in the good ones, zeus, yahweh, odin, jupiter and so on..

All these deities Satan, yahweh, zeus, hades, jupiter, El, ba'al, Asherah . . are all primitive attempt of explaining what is.

I told you that these deities are just anthropomorphic personifications of the things they represent.

Devil/satan/hades/pluto an anthropomorphic personification of evil and death. . .these are primitive concepts and such entities are too childish for 21st century level of civilization.

Too bad most people tend to fear what only is in their mind... Bolting and deluding themselves in the ideas of ancient men that thought the sun was inside the dome of the earth.

don't close your mind..you will not learn anything with that mentality......continue to search, you will get an answer that makes good sense..this is history, stop looking at it from a religious point of view..the early Christian stole it to control the masses..this is mans' history..either you accept it or you don't, no body is forcing it down your throat...these are beings that that the early people saw, most of those writings where not done by men but the Gods....like the cylinder seal of Marduk, or the Enuma Elish, or the 7 tablets of creation..open your mind, you still have a lot to learn...stop referring to them as myths, they are not....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 15, 2015
I just keep wondering why religion is so fanatically discussed by atheist here.
If i scroll along the piles of write ups (forum wide)...I wonder why atheist put so much energy in making their vision count.
I really get the impression that religion must be some sort psychotherapy for an atheist... I really hope the write ups here do them well and that they feel better equipped to face their own reality...that their life is probably meaningless...

If i don't believe in something I don't pay attention. Hence, I find it remarkable how much attention atheist gives to something they don't believe in. Why the ongoing search for an atheist church here on NL tongue?

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by johnydon22(m): 3:38pm On Oct 15, 2015

I am not even a big Bang theorists i still wonder why am even taking time to correct your naive impressions about the actual postulations of the theory..

Jeromejnr:

Wikpedia again
First of all, Big Bang was not an expansion of the bla, bla bla you wrote up there. .
Lmao. . and i was even waiting for a material that asserts an explosion

Secondly, The universe came as a result of a dense point which was hot. But what is the meaning of a dense point? A dense point cannot be as a result of an expansion but a contraction. Dense:Tightly Packed. So this alone refutes your thesis.

You don't even read your own posts because this post supports my assertion about a singularity which i asserted was a point of infinite value..

- And it was an infinitely dense point (Singularity) the big bang asserts to have expanded ..

You don't even have the slightest idea what you are arguing over..

Even Stephen Hawking a fellow atheists like you said it was as a result of gravitational force somehow collapsing on itself. So how was it a result of an expansion?

Oh jeez Hawkins is a scientist what ever made you bring up he is an atheist shows you only running around the insecurities of your belief..

Hawkins proposes a gravitational point and you have been shown here how infinite gravitational value (blackhole) is also an observed fact.

A star is born when gravity brings a nebula under intense density that it's temperature rises drastically to begin the process of nuclear fusion.

Now this is a discussion of the scientific theory of Big bang, don't make it atheistic because atheism has nothing to do with it...

You gave me wikipedia, I will give you space.com and also Hawking speech who didn't lay claim to your expansion theory.
http://www.space.com/52-the-expanding-universe-from-the-big-bang-to-today.html

Lmao i just love how your own links keep working against you... directy from the link itself..

" The universe was born with the Big Bang as an unimaginably hot, dense point.
When the universe was just 10-34 of a second or so old — that is, a hundredth
of a billionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second in age — it experienced an
incredible burst of expansion known as inflation, in which space itself expanded
faster than the speed of light. "

Chai...

http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html
I can swear you didn't read this..

Here hawkin proposes time started with the universe which is exactly what the big bang asserts..

Haha. So now I can see you base your life on speculations.
You have already determined that nature isn't finite when science says the concept is still yet to be answered.

You see your life? So far here you are the one who asserted and brought the universe under the value of a finite entity and my reply was.

[color=#99000] For goodness sake nature is not restricted to one manifestation. A blackholeis an infinite gravitational well and is part of nature. . .
You are simply naive asserting nature is finite in your own little mind. [/color]

You never considered science says it is yet to be answered before asserting it was finite

am sure it is clear whose assertions are based on speculations here..

Am sure you don't even really understand the concept of singularity.
Read this up and stop basing your life on speculations and saying it is a fact.
https://plus.maths.org/content/do-infinities-exist-n

Can you please read your own links please...

anyone who clicks this link will slap their face. . . it is evident enough who doesn't understand the concept of singularity..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by johnydon22(m): 3:47pm On Oct 15, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Ah! But I am one step ahead of you.

Refer back to my post.

Infinity can create Finity if it had a mind and will of it's own.

Lmao you see just how unfounded assertions can lead to weak run around.

Since infinity does not have a mind of it's own in the case of a singularity, isn't it then obvious that the result of an infinite point can span both ways ..

Either in a finite or an infinite value of which has been observed.. . . You still have nothing boy.. wink

God has a mind and will so as a result can decide to create finity.

Here comes the funny part of chronic assumptions.

God has a mind of it's own and therefore decides to create a finite value but God is infinite oo.

God is perfect but then decides to make an imperfect entity. . . Pheeew...!!!

But anyway I wasn't even using the scriptures for you but science against you in which some have said nature is finite.
But scriptures say otherwise. But we talking science now.
Because the matter here will be the concept of the will.

Lmao... which scriptures. . .who exactly was going to reply such primitive crap..

Anyway the issue now is before you bring up more links, read them first.. smiley

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by johnydon22(m): 3:49pm On Oct 15, 2015
sonmvayina:

don't close your mind..you will not learn anything with that mentality......continue to search, you will get an answer that makes good sense..this is history, stop looking at it from a religious point of view..the early Christian stole it to control the masses..this is mans' history..either you accept it or you don't, no body is forcing it down your throat...these are beings that that the early people saw, most of those writings where not done by men but the Gods....like the cylinder seal of Marduk, or the Enuma Elish, or the 7 tablets of creation..open your mind, you still have a lot to learn...stop referring to them as myths, they are not....

Alright sir. . . Enuma Elis was written by the Gods. . . Noted smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Their belief in some evil entity satan/devil/ shaytan, hades, pluto is as delusional as their belief in the good ones, zeus, yahweh, odin, jupiter and so on..

All these deities Satan, yahweh, zeus, hades, jupiter, El, ba'al, Asherah . . are all primitive attempt of explaining what is.

I told you that these deities are just anthropomorphic personifications of the things they represent.

Devil/satan/hades/pluto an anthropomorphic personification of evil and death. . .these are primitive concepts and such entities are too childish for 21st century level of civilization.

Too bad most people tend to fear what only is in their mind... Bolting and deluding themselves in the ideas of ancient men that thought the sun was inside the dome of the earth.

Do those things God represent not existing?

You are seeing i gradually.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by johnydon22(m): 3:55pm On Oct 15, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

You are seeing it gradually.

Seeing what, it doesn't take much to know these things.

Someone might personify air and anthropomorphically give it human attributes and make air a humanlike entity..

The idea is. . Simply agree that air is air and the human attributes they should shove up their asss...

by asserting air has a son and a prophet that it talks to, one have now distanced the anthropomorphic representation from what they in actuality represents... That is the problem

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by hahn(m): 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

You are seeing i gradually.

Igbe malu angry
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2015
johnydon22 post=39013347]
I am not even a big Bang theorists i still wonder why am even taking time to correct your naive impressions about the actual postulations of the theory..

Lmao. . and i was even waiting for a material that asserts an explosion

Okay so now you are not a big bang theorists.

You don't even read your own posts because this post supports my assertion about a singularity which i asserted was a point of infinite value..

- And it was an infinitely dense point (Singularity) the big bang asserts to have expanded ..

You don't even have the slightest idea what you are arguing over..

So your claim is that the tightly packed dense point later expanded which brought the big bang. But science says the density collapsed even further by gravitational force which caused the Big Bang. Which is why Scientists still wonder why the the Universe has not recollapsed ever since. How is a star formed? Is it not by this same concept? Are they formed by expansion?.

Oh jeez Hawkins is a scientist what ever made you bring up he is an atheist shows you only running around the insecurities of your belief..

Hawkins proposes a gravitational point and you have been shown here how infinite gravitational value (blackhole) is also an observed fact.

A star is born when gravity brings a nebula under intense density that it's temperature rises drastically to begin the process of nuclear fusion.

Now this is a discussion of the scientific theory of Big bang, don't make it atheistic because atheism has nothing to do with it...

Okay my apologies. I regard anyone who doesn't believe in God an atheist. But Yyet you guys love to put up Hawking's memes to spite theists.

Lmao i just love how your own links keep working against you... directy from the link itself..

" The universe was born with the Big Bang as an unimaginably hot, dense point.
When the universe was just 10-34 of a second or so old — that is, a hundredth
of a billionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second in age — it experienced an
incredible burst of expansion known as inflation, in which space itself expanded
faster than the speed of light. "

Chai...

Hmm! you were so quick to judge that it blinded you from message passed. Beside you took two unrelated points and meshed them together. Lets see that post in context shall we.

When the universe was just 10-34 of a second or so old — that is, a hundredth of a billionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second in age — it experienced an incredible burst of expansion known as inflation, in which space itself expanded faster than the speed of light. During this period, the universe doubled in size at least 90 times, going from subatomic-sized to golf-ball-sized almost instantaneously.

We agree the Big bang created the universe. But here it said when it was 10 exponent -34 seconds old, then it experienced an inflation. Which mean the universe had already in some billions of seconds been created before a force caused the speedy inflation or expansion as you say.

I can swear you didn't read this..

Here hawkin proposes time started with the universe which is exactly what the big bang asserts..

I never argued with you on this.

You see your life? So far here you are the one who asserted and brought the universe under the value of a finite entity and my reply was.

[color=#99000] For goodness sake nature is not restricted to one manifestation. A blackholeis an infinite gravitational well and is part of nature. . .
You are simply naive asserting nature is finite in your own little mind. [/color]

You never considered science says it is yet to be answered before asserting it was fine..

am sure it is clear whose assertions are based on speculations here..

Speculate? I never speculated anything. But instead used your science against you. What you call facts are in fact assumption is science. The notion that nature was finite was not my notion but a scientists. Have you heard of "Fredkin"?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by hahn(m): 4:06pm On Oct 15, 2015
Tufanja:
I just keep wondering why religion is so fanatically discussed by atheist here.
If i scroll along the piles of write ups (forum wide)...I wonder why atheist put so much energy in making their vision count.
I really get the impression that religion must be some sort psychotherapy for an atheist... I really hope the write ups here do them well and that they feel better equipped to face their own reality...that their life is probably meaningless...

If i don't believe in something I don't pay attention. Hence, I find it remarkable how much attention atheist gives to something they don't believe in. Why the ongoing search for an atheist church here on NL tongue?

As long as Christians keep "sharing the word" and trying to convert people to their belief with the aid of ancient fairy tales being presented as truth instead of the lies that they are, atheists will continue to demand for explanations and evidence of your claims.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 4:16pm On Oct 15, 2015
johnydon22 post=39013592]
Lmao you see just how unfounded assertions can lead to weak run around.

[quote]Since infinity does not have a mind of it's own in the case of a singularity, isn't it then obvious that the result of an infinite point can span both ways ..

Either in a finite or an infinite value of which has been observed.. . . You still have nothing boy.. wink

Here comes the funny part of chronic assumptions.

God has a mind of it's own and therefore decides to create a finite value but God is infinite oo.

God is perfect but then decides to make an imperfect entity. . . Pheeew...!!!

You see, If we are to go by your notion, then how do you know the universe is not in it's perfect state? Is it possible that your definition of perfection is different from that of the universe? You were taught in school perfection is when nothing goes wrong but should all be in what we call a happy state. Well if the mind of humans cannot grasp the whole concept of the universe how is it we came up with our own theory of what perfection is? What if perfection according to the "mind" of the universe includes all what you call imperfect entity? You see you can't sit down with your puny brain in your room and say what is and what is not for the universe. I am sure this concept will be deep for you. So you see, at the end of the day you have no claim. Note: I am not even taking God here. Because what you wrote up there does not even relate with the biblical God.

For there to be intelligent entities there has to be an intelligent creative force. Intelligence cannot come out of unintelligence.

Lmao... which scriptures. . .who exactly was going to reply such primitive crap..

Anyway the issue now is before you bring up more links, read them first.. smiley

Hmm, Primitive. That knew a lot in science before our age

Now this will bring me to a question I will throw to you if interested.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:24pm On Oct 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Seeing what, it doesn't take much to know these things.

Someone might personify air and anthropomorphically give it human attributes and make air a humanlike entity..

The idea is. . Simply agree that air is air and the human attributes they should shove up their asss...

by asserting air has a son and a prophet that it talks to, one have now distanced the anthropomorphic representation from what they in actuality represents... That is the problem

You still have not answered my question.

Do the entities which God represent exist? Yes/No?

And on the other note, anthropomorphization is as old as language. Even it is adopted in modern literatures. What baffles me is that I have not for once seen someone barking round about the existence of anthropomorphized figures right because every one understand that anthropomorphized figure does exist.

Someone on my thread once argued that god is been served base on their value and importance to human nation. Argueably, what we termed as God in that thread was River, Mountains, Stars or Human. Theses entities are called and does exist. Also, they are not different from other mere entities which are not worshipped in another world. All the same, God or the entities exist.

So let me add another question. Does the existences of an entity stops immediately it been worship or regarded as a God?

At what point does the existence of God which is a representation of an entity as you agree stops?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:25pm On Oct 15, 2015
hahn:

As long as Christians keep "sharing the word" and trying to convert people to their belief with the aid of ancient fairy tales being presented as truth instead of the lies that they are, atheists will continue to demand for explanations and evidence of your claims.

atheism is anti-christianity?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:26pm On Oct 15, 2015
hahn:

Igbe malu angry

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Richirich713: 4:28pm On Oct 15, 2015
Jeromejnr:
cool Dedicated to Chizzled06, Ifeness, Menesheh, and the fellow deluded lots.

grin

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by johnydon22(m): 4:28pm On Oct 15, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Okay so now you are not a big bang theorists.

You never noticed. . . Let me remind you with one of my posts on this thread i said
"Color=#990000] Many atheist like myself do not subscribe to any theory of how anythingbegan but rather say they don't know which is the truth.[/color]"

That i took up this discussion is sorely because it is of scientific inclination.

So your claim is that the tightly packed dense point later expanded which brought the big bang. But science says the density collapsed even further by gravitational force which caused the Big Bang. Which is why Scientists still wonder why the the Universe has not recollapsed ever since.

#Sighs. . You are still not getting it. . .

Science asserts the expansion of an infinite point of high density and temperature . . . First of all density is in relation to gravitational action.

even your link keeps proving your wrong... The same theory predicts the universe in the process of expansion my reach a point where it's gravitational pull might be too weak and therefore will collapse under it's own weight.

It is a scientific hypothesis called the Big Crunch.. i wonder which scientific material you read exactly...

How is a star formed? Is it not by this same concept? Are they formed by expansion?

This buttresses my point even further.. a star forms when gravity brings matter (nebula) under severe pressure by bringing them together thereby making it denser and hotter until eventually nuclear fusion begins and a star is born.

It is also noted that a star expands past that dense point when nebula comes under the action of gravitational pull and even expands further as the case of red giants. .
Hiann.... this is getting tiresom..

Okay my apologies. I regard anyone who doesn't believe in God an atheist. But Yyet you guys love to put up Hawking's memes to spite theists.

This is about science not atheism or theism. . . what ever you feel about Hawkins or other atheists out there should not be infused into science.

I repeat : - Atheism has nothing to do with science..

Hmm! you were so quick to judge that it blinded you from message passed. Beside you took two unrelated points and meshed them together. Lets see that post in context shall we.

We agree the Big bang created the universe. But here it said when it was 10 exponent -34 seconds old, then it experienced an inflation. Which mean the universe had already in some billions of seconds been created before a force caused the speedy inflation or expansion as you say.

Further showing that the singularity started undergoing a reaction and led to an expansion..

Now will you do so well to agree that you were wrong asserting the Big Bang was an explosion which your own link just proved you wrong.. smiley

I never argued with you on this.
Yeah you only argued it was an explosion.. cheesy

Speculate? I never speculated anything. But instead used your science against you. What you call facts are in fact assumption is science.

You keep showing to know nothing of science here..

- A scientific fact is based on observed phenomenon which begets theories.

- e.g: The planet Neptune was first proposed in theory when the FACT of a distortion in Uranus orbit was observed.

- The universe is said to be expanding which is an observed fact by the hubble space telescope.

- Earth is going round the sun is am observed scientific fact. . . I wonder if the definition of facts changed lately...

The notion that nature was finite was not my notion but a scientists. Have you heard of "Fredkin"?

Hahahahaha you see? All your assertions are based on speculations of individuals...

You brought nature under the confines of a finite value because a scientist said so at the same time murdered that by asserting scientist says it has not been answered yet..

You just don't even grab the premise you are arguing over.... Thank you.!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

That is exactly what it is from their actions.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 4:32pm On Oct 15, 2015
Richirich713:

grin

Lol! You know the funny thing about this Johnydon22 guy is that he accepts he doesn't know about the creation of universe but still goes on to bring theories that are still speculations and calling them facts.

He has this cunning way of feeling smart with himself.

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by hahn(m): 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

It's a disbelief of every single religious supreme being. But Christians pester the most. Ask JW

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by johnydon22(m): 4:45pm On Oct 15, 2015
Jeromejnr:
You see, If we are to go by your notion, then how do you know the universe is
not in it's perfect state? Is it possible that your definition of perfection is
different from that of the universe? You were taught in school perfection is
when nothing goes wrong but should all be in what we call a happy state. Well
if the mind of humans cannot grasp the whole concept of the universe how is it
we came up with our own theory of what perfection is? What if perfection
according to the "mind" of the universe includes all what you call imperfect
entity? You see you can't sit down with your puny brain in your room and say
what is and what is not for the universe. I am sure this concept will be deep for
you. So you see, at the end of the day you have no claim. Note: I am not even
taking God here. Because what you wrote up there does not even relate with
the biblical God.

You see? all this should be directed to you because you are the one that places the universe under the confines of a finite value..

You have not grasped what is there to grasp about the universe yet in your naive mind asserts it to be finite which is exactly as imperfect.

Still running around making assertions that keeps murdering your own postulations..

For there to be intelligent entities there has to be an intelligent creative force.
Intelligence cannot come out of unintelligence.

This is just like saying: For there to be water they must be another liquid source. .

Actually the formation of water is when hydrogen reacts with oxygen. . . So there musn't be a liquid source to get water.

Now going by this your argument only intelligence can come out intelligent.

- Then God (intelligent entity) must have come out of another intelligent entity which in turn must also require another intelligent entity.

You see assumption of this straight line of causality does not answer the question rather it postpones it..

There is no way you can pull this off for it to work for you. . .

Hmm, Primitive. That knew a lot in science before our age
Now this will bring me to a question I will throw to you if interested

Science simply means study of nature of which the ancient know as Natural philosophy..

So in your little mind you think science is restricted to our age?. . . hahahaha..

the ancient world knew much about science they made observations and postulated explanations but infused it with superstition like.

-Astrology

they had knowledge in
- Botany
-mathematics
- Biology
and many of them.....

You keep on showing you still know nothing of science thinking it is restricted to this age alone... Science is study

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 4:49pm On Oct 15, 2015
johnydon22:

You never noticed. . . Let me remind you with one of my posts on this thread i said
"Color=#990000] Many atheist like myself do not subscribe to any theory of how anythingbegan but rather say they don't know which is the truth.[/color]"

That i took up this discussion is sorely because it is of scientific inclination.

#Sighs. . You are still not getting it. . .

Science asserts the expansion of an infinite point of high density and temperature . . . First of all density is in relation to gravitational action.

even your link keeps proving your wrong... The same theory predicts the universe in the process of expansion my reach a point where it's gravitational pull might be too weak and therefore will collapse under it's own weight.

It is a scientific hypothesis called the Big Crunch.. i wonder which scientific material you read exactly...

This buttresses my point even further.. a star forms when gravity brings matter (nebula) under severe pressure by bringing them together thereby making it denser and hotter until eventually nuclear fusion begins and a star is born.

It is also noted that a star expands past that dense point when nebula comes under the action of gravitational pull and even expands further as the case of red giants. .
Hiann.... this is getting tiresom..

This is about science not atheism or theism. . . what ever you feel about Hawkins or other atheists out there should not be infused into science.

I repeat : - Atheism has nothing to do with science..

Further showing that the singularity started undergoing a reaction and led to an expansion..

Now will you do so well to agree that you were wrong asserting the Big Bang was an explosion which your own link just proved you wrong.. smiley

Yeah you only argued it was an explosion.. cheesy

You keep showing to know nothing of science here..

- A scientific fact is based on observed phenomenon which begets theories.

- e.g: The planet Neptune was first proposed in theory when the FACT of a distortion in Uranus orbit was observed.

- The universe is said to be expanding which is an observed fact by the hubble space telescope.

- Earth is going round the sun is am observed scientific fact. . . I wonder if the definition of facts changed lately...

Hahahahaha you see? All your assertions are based on speculations of individuals...

You brought nature under the confines of a finite value because a scientist said so at the same time murdered that by asserting scientist says it has not been answered yet..

You just don't even grab the premise you are arguing over.... Thank you.!!!

Good thing you were smart enough to say it was an hypothesis.

So let me try put something in you head. Big crunch as you call it still proves my point.

Collapse is the opposite of expansion isn't it. I said before Space was expanding before there was collapse in gravitational fields that birthed the big bang. You said Big bang is an expansion, science says big bang was as a result of a collapse. Expansion is opposite to collapse.

Look at the definition of the big crunch:

"In physical cosmology, the Big Crunch is one possible scenario for the ultimate fate of the universe, in which the metric expansion of space eventually reverses and the universe recollapses, ultimately ending as a black hole singularity or causing a reformation of the universe starting with another big bang."

So I don't know how you say Big Bang was an expansion.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by johnydon22(m): 4:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Lol! You know the funny thing about this Johnydon22 guy is that he accepts he doesn't know about the creation of universe [but still goes on to bring theories that are still speculations and calling them facts.

You see the problem i have with discussing science with blank theistic minds. . they will assume because you discuss a scientific theory then you must believe it..

First i took up this discussion was because it was a scientific discussion about Big bang which you represented as NOTHING EXPLODED..

Telling you exactly what a theory said is not same as subscribing to it..

Lastly about the bolded ..

- Big Bang theory is not a johnydon22 theory but a scientific one propounded by Georges Lamitre..

Please that i was telling you what the theory asserts is not the same that i subscribe to it..

making such assumptions will only sell you off to be daft, don't drag me into such assumption again..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2015
hahn:

It's a disbelief of every single religious supreme being. But Christians pester the most. Ask JW

what about religion without a supreme being o?

Meanwhile, you affirmed that atheism is not but noises of those who cant justify a religion belief.

Anti-theism is wht you are displaying not atheism.

Anti christianity is not atheism.

Get that into your skull
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Richirich713: 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Lol! You know the funny thing about this Johnydon22 guy is that he accepts he doesn't know about the creation of universe but still goes on to bring theories that are still speculations and calling them facts.

He has this cunning way of feeling smart with himself.

Last time he told me energy is eternal and therefore the world doesn't need a creator.

I'm not sure what this guy believes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jesus Is The Only Way: My Personal Experiences / Death Of Church Members: How Does Your Church React? / Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.