Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,111 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:38 AM

The True Definition Of Athiesm - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True Definition Of Athiesm (15244 Views)

True Definition Of Sin. / Today I Renounce Athiesm / See why athiesm is a device of the devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Chizzled06(m): 7:16pm On Oct 15, 2015
Jeromejnr:

This man, you are still talking. After your beating round the bush on our last discussion and your eventual evasive action.

I have exhausted my energy abeg! I don't even have your time.

With all you said in our last discussion, I had closed your case already.

In "our last discussion", you revealed not only a lack of understanding of my beliefs, but also exposed your confusion over yours.

You started this thread, mentioning me in the opening comment, so complaining about a lack of energy now seems almost like desperation.

You seem like a smart guy. Indoctrination does this to even the greatest minds. But they all eventually break free.

I'm happy you began searching for "scientific evidence" to back up your beliefs. That's the crucial first step any reasonable person would take. The end of the journey is mental freedom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Richirich713: 7:17pm On Oct 15, 2015
menesheh:
Why are you pained.

Atheism is not "something coming from nothing bla bla"

johnydon22:

- Big bang does not assert nothing but rather the expansion of a singularity. .

johnydon22:

- It is not matter and energy but energy rather.

- it is an observed phenomenon.

- energy changes from one form to another and never had it been annihilated in a reaction.

- energy is an eternal particle going by that law of energy conservation...

johnydon22:

Law of energy conservation states: Energy can neither be created nor destroyed..

In other words the interacting elements gravity/matter also was. . . therefore needs no creator

johnydon22:

" The universe was born with the Big Bang as an unimaginably hot, dense point.
When the universe was just 10-34 of a second or so old — that is, a hundredth
of a billionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second in age — it experienced an
incredible burst of expansion known as inflation, in which space itself expanded
faster than the speed of light. "

johnydon22:

Actually your confusion is of your own making. . . If you followed this thread you would have seen scientific theory asserts the universe began from an infinite point (Singularity) which is energy ...

Which in every sense proves that energy transcends from one form to another, some in greater quantum value and some in less but never annihilated as the first law assert..

Energy can never be created nor destroyed but changes from one state to another..

Stephen Hawking:
"Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist. It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by johnydon22(m): 7:22pm On Oct 15, 2015
sonmvayina:

judge for your self, that is the cylinder seal...it is more than 3 thousand years..i dont think that was done by the people you called primitive, do you?

- First you are mistaking primitive to mean unintelligent.

- second that you don't know how something was done simply means you don't and doesn't suggest in anyway some shabby Gods did it..

- Maybe one should think Gods built aeroplanes since sealed cylinders where made by the Gods..

Men made cylinders that's very cute, some also made aeroplanes... nothing extra ordinary about that..

I have no time for this...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2015
@Richrich713

Thank you, don't mind those deluded lot. Unfortunately, I don't have their time right now.

Just look at how Johnydon has been denying his own science which he constantly love to pump in peoples heads.

And the remaining deluded fellows that are quoting me, don't follow in the dumbness of your leader. Come to the light. cool

All he has been doing is abusing instead of talking.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by johnydon22(m): 7:27pm On Oct 15, 2015
Richirich713:

You see what i will not have here is to misrepresent my assertions in order to make stupi_d unrelated points.

- Atheism has nothing to do with science

- My discussion based on the Big bang theory was sorely scientific

- Those words you put up there are scientific postulations of the big bang and even from the website jerome brought up..

Please i beg you in the name of everything here not to misrepresent my assertions again ... am sure this thread is clear enough for people to see the basis of my assertions..

I wouldn't take such idiotic straw man again!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by hahn(m): 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2015
johnydon22:

You see what i will not have here is to misrepresent my assertions in order to make stupi_d unrelated points.

- Those words you put up there are scientific postulations of the big bang and even from the website jerome brought up..

Please i beg you in the name of everything here not to misrepresent my assertions again ... am sure this thread is clear enough for people to see the basis of my assertions..

Bar man, abottle of pure water for that tall dude.

Him don try tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Richirich713: 7:43pm On Oct 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Please i beg you in the name of everything here not to misrepresent my assertions again ...

Didn't u tell me:

"Law of energy conservation states: Energy can neither be created nor destroyed..

In other words the interacting elements gravity/matter also was. . . therefore needs no creator"

Sure seems like u trying to use science laws to support ur atheist views.

Then tried to used the same law to to support ur view that energy was eternal to avoid having to say wat most atheists say, namely "nothing created the universe "

Yet nw u say u don't know how the universe came into existence.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by johnydon22(m): 7:45pm On Oct 15, 2015
hahn:

Him don try tongue

Lol... the thread has been treated and finished. . . My illness is even holding me down now..

Anyway it has been served. . am done with it... let me go take my medications..

Johnydon22: Signing out..smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by hahn(m): 7:48pm On Oct 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol... the thread has been treated and finished. . . My illness is even holding me down now..

Anyway it has been served. . am done with it... let me go take my medications..

Johnydon22: Signing out..smiley

You should ask malvisguy and jeromejnr to pray for you so their god can heal you. This might be your opportunity to see the light grin

And ensure you don't take any drugs once the prayer has started tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 7:48pm On Oct 15, 2015
Richirich713:

Didn't u tell me:

"Law of energy conservation states: Energy can neither be created nor destroyed..

In other words the interacting elements gravity/matter also was. . . therefore needs no creator"

Then tried to used the same law to to support ur view that energy was eternal to avoid having to say wat most atheists say, namely "nothing created the universe "

I tire for the guy o.

He is never straight forward.

That was why I had to stop because it was getting no where.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Shollyps(m): 7:53pm On Oct 15, 2015
hahn:

Him don try tongue
pure water for bar?no jor bar man!!!two bottles of ORIJIN for johnydon22

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by johnydon22(m): 7:54pm On Oct 15, 2015
Richirich713:

Didn't u tell me:

Sure seems like u trying to science laws to support ur atheist views.

This is where your confusion comes from . . You proposed a principle of causality by asserting everything must have a creator and i pulled the law of energy conversation to show you that the principle of causality has no sway.

Understand that... Principle of causality comes under a void postulation in the face of the Law of energy conservation...

It is a scientific observed fact finalized into a law not mine..

Lmao... energy being eternal is actually not my personal view but a scientific one..

-Most atheists say they don't know like me

- Many atheists as well as many theists including Christians agrees with the big bang theory that proposes a singularity (singularity is not nothing, that you think so is your business.

- when you propose a single lined principle of casualty you have to swallow the bitter pill that science does not uphold such assertion..

- finally atheism is not science. . . That some atheist subscribe to scientific theories doesn't make science an atheistic dogma just like many theists also subscribe to scientific theories.

Mistaking them is your own cup of tea...!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Richirich713: 7:56pm On Oct 15, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I tire for the guy o.

Yes I agree he is never direct about his views(since he doesn't like the word belief).

He doesn't state clearly what his views are on the origin of the universe.

2 Likes

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by winner01(m): 7:59pm On Oct 15, 2015
Richirich713:

Didn't u tell me:

Dude's a heap of confusion. He's said severally that he dosent know how existence began. He also speaks of the big bang, but he's mischievious enough not to put all his eggs in the big bang basket just In case someone probes the big bang.
Dullards be thinking atheism is synonymous to science, lol.
Ill say atheism is synonymous to confusion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by johnydon22(m): 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2015
Richirich713:

Yes I agree he is never direct about his views(since he doesn't like the word belief).
Belief means believe it whether it true or not which i find to be a dishonest position..

Now let me make my views clear so it doesn't confuse you any further

He doesn't state clearly what his views are on the origin of the universe.

My views remains as always..

It is better we accept that we don't know and then be open to what the universe can teach us through [size=20]study [/size]

Asserting explanations without evidence and believing them by faith surely is a very poor way of establishing a truthful deduction...

You understand this or not is now your own problem...

Am done ...

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by hahn(m): 8:12pm On Oct 15, 2015
Shollyps:
pure water for bar?no jor
bar man!!!two bottles of ORIJIN for johnnydon22

The guy is ill and you want hom to drink abi?

Oya na, bar man add a bottle of absolut vodka. Apparently, this is a spiritual problem smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by menesheh(m): 8:25pm On Oct 15, 2015
Richirich713:

cheesy

All these rant is for you to be allowed to sell your invisible commodity to the public. No.

If you see any atheist defending scientific model, the person is just discussing or arguing about stuffs with you not that it is tied to atheism.

Continue arguing ignorantly.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by frank317: 9:41pm On Oct 15, 2015
Richirich713:

Didn't u tell me:

Ahhh stop this. You actually sound foolish. No wonder if pastor takes ur hard earned money and claim it is his prayer that makes u get money and not ur hard work yet u believe. How foolish can u get?

Someone explain science to u and tell u his view about science yet u choice to act like someone with block ears. Your ears only open when ur pastsor, a fellow man claims he is a man of this ur God and u follow him like mumu. You ear is only opened to foolishness but not to learning.
Abi u no go school?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by frank317: 9:45pm On Oct 15, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I tire for the guy o.

U are even the worst. What's really blocking ur ears? I have read more than ten occasions in this thread where Johnny has clearly defined his position on scientific theories yet u keep on saying the same thing. I have never seen a dumb person like u in my life. Even my 5 years old niece cant be like this.
Pls go read the bible and dash ur ten percent income to a man who claims to be a man if God. That's the only thing ur dumb brain can understand.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 9:51pm On Oct 15, 2015
frank317:

U are even the worst. What's really blocking ur ears? I have read more than ten occasions in this thread where Johnny has clearly defined his position on scientific theories yet u keep on saying the same thing. I have never seen a dumb person like u in my life. Even my 5 years old niece cant be like this.
Pls go read the bible and dash ur ten percent income to a man who claims to be a man if God. That's the only thing ur dumb brain can understand.

You dare to quote me?

Don't even start with me. I thought you guys were intelligent not knowing it was all assumptions.

You read where he defined his position on scientific theories but yet he uses it to spite theists and call them deluded with no absolute proof to back his claims.

So you guys are now somehow running away from science and saying atheism has nothing to do with it. You need therapy, straightjacket and strong medication.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 11:12pm On Oct 15, 2015
@ jeromejnr

We agree that the scientific postulations are wrong. Please can you explain explain the process and mechanism through which your God spoke light into existence using the Hebrew language?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 11:13pm On Oct 15, 2015
dalaman:
@ jeromejnr

We agree that the scientific postulations are wrong. Please can you explain explain the process and mechanism through which your God spoke light into existence using the Hebrew language?

First of all, who told you God spoke Hebrew?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 11:28pm On Oct 15, 2015
Jeromejnr:

First of all, who told you God spoke Hebrew?

The Hebrews wrote the creation story that you were indoctrinated with and made to accept. If he didn't speak Hebrew then tell us what language and mechanism he used to speak light into existence.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 15, 2015
Jeromejnr:
cool Dedicated to Chizzled06, Ifeness, Menesheh, and the fellow deluded lots.

Coming from a self acclaimed,voluntary slave to Jesus. I hope you get better grandpa.

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 11:44pm On Oct 15, 2015
dalaman:

The Hebrews wrote the creation story that you were indoctrinated with and made to accept. If he didn't speak Hebrew then tell us what language and mechanism he used to speak light into existence.

Well, everything has a particular frequency it operates in, light has a particular frequency and so does sound vary in frequencies.

I expect since He is Omnipotent and He wanted something, He would speak in that particular frequency for it to be birthed. The language is unknown for now the same way among many scientists the cause of the Big Bang is unknown.

We don't follow God because of the mechanism He used in creating light, we follow Him because we have encountered Him.

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 11:44pm On Oct 15, 2015
ifeness:

Coming from a self acclaimed,voluntary slave to Jesus. I hope you get better grandpa.

Coming from someone who created our air with his mind.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 11:51pm On Oct 15, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Well, everything has a particular frequency it operates in, light has a particular frequency and so does sound vary in frequencies.

What is this please?

I expect since He is Omnipotent and He wanted something, He would speak in that particular frequency for it to be birthed. The language is unknown for now the same way among many scientists the cause of the Big Bang is unknown.

How will he speak it into existence when sound does not travel through a vacuum? So even with God you still don't know how he created things or what language he used in speaking things into existence?

We don't follow God because of the mechanism He used in creating light, we follow Him because we have encountered Him.

You have encountered your God? Ok, please can you give me a very detailed description of this God of yours and it's features so that when I encounter it I will know that it is the God you are talking about and not some other phenomenon.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 15, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Coming from someone who created our air with his mind.

Of course we did,otherwise we wouldn't experience it. You created Jesus,Hell fire and Yahweh and that's what you will experience. You will probably go to hell fire.

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by frank317: 5:04am On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

You dare to quote me?

Don't even start with me. I thought you guys were intelligent not knowing it was all assumptions.

You read where he defined his position on scientific theories but yet he uses it to spite theists and call them deluded with no absolute proof to back his claims.

So you guys are now somehow running away from science and saying atheism has nothing to do with it. You need therapy, straightjacket and strong medication.

Mumu... Point out just one place he used scientific theories to spite theists and call them deluded.

You were the one who started the thread with claims that atheists are scientists and all I saw was johnny trying to educate u on that and clear the misconception.

All his intention was clearly written yet ur deluded mind saw nothing but what u chose to see. This is exactly how u see God and you want me to take u seriously?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by malvisguy212: 8:12am On Oct 16, 2015
johnydon22:

Actually your confusion is of your own making. . . If you followed this thread you would have seen scientific theory asserts the universe began from an infinite point (Singularity) which is energy ...

Confused....? You are on your own in that...

Which in every sense proves that energy transcends from one form to another, some in greater quantum value and some in less but never annihilated as the first law assert..

Energy can never be created nor destroyed but changes from one state to another..

Your confusion remains yours... smiley
The specific part of
thermodynamics we’re talking about is
entropy, which is the loss of useful
energy over time, and how that relates
to the earth. An example of a bouncing ball will help to understand my point:

When a ball is dropped on the ground, we notice that it never bounce back as
high as when it first dropped. This is lost in the form of heat. Therefore, less energy is available to push the ball back up into the air, just as the Second Law predicts. After each successive bounce, the ball goes up less and less until all the energy used to raise the ball in the first place is dissipated as heat. It will certainty reach the limit of death heat hence the universe and it energy is not eternal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by malvisguy212: 8:35am On Oct 16, 2015
johnydon22:

Confused....? You are on your own in that...

Your confusion remains yours... smiley
Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning
(time), God created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter)."

The above is a supernatural miracle by God from the beginning,as the first law say "energy and it matter cannot be created nor destroyed under NATURAL circumstances" meaning matter was created under SUPERNATURAL circumstances(miracle).infacte when you look at atheists explanation of the origin of matter, it begin with even impressive miracle . the universe from nothing, by no one, and for no reason. A supernatural event. A miracle! However, the atheist does not believe in the outside or transcendent "First Cause" we call God. Therefore, the atheist has no "natural explanation" nor
"supernatural explanation"for the origin of space-time and matter.
It really baffled me that someone who claim to be wise will allowed the devil to manipulate him. Paul put it this way :
Romans 1:21-23.
21For even though they knew God,
they did not honor Him as God or give
thanks, but they became futile in their
speculations, and their foolish heart was
darkened. 22 PROFESSING TO BE WISE, THEY BECAME FOOLS , 23and exchanged the
glory of the incorruptible God for an
image in the form of corruptible man
and of birds and four-footed animals
and crawling creatures.…

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 11:23am On Oct 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning
(time), God created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter)."

So heavens means space and earth means matter? I thought the bible said nothing should be added to it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

CAN Debunks Allegation Of Enugu Government Building Islamic Centre In Uwani / The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian / Were Kangaroos On Noahs Ark?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.