Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

The True Definition Of Athiesm - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True Definition Of Athiesm (14785 Views)

True Definition Of Sin. / Today I Renounce Athiesm / See why athiesm is a device of the devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 8:59pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
chess has laws of it's own. and i brought it up to illustrate that experience doesn't work when knowledge is involved.

you're not getting anything i'm saying. i'm saying his analogy is flawed and it is not an accurate representation of how the world works.

oh great. metaphors again. undecided

this discussion is over. i just wasted two hours discussing . . . nothing with you folks. if i had spent that period reading, i know how much more knowledge i would have gained. I'm done with you guys. it's time for me to start doing what will actually matter to me and my life. you can keep serving your God. after all, my punishment is just an eternity of torment. not that long. undecided

cheers.

Lol. He has evaded the discussion.

Let me continue my movie.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

He just locked himself in a box. I have sent him on an errand.

lolz
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
what box? your reply is ready, i made sure to read your text and watch the video properly so i could nail your logical coffin well.same with algorithms, dude. algorithms have always existed but had to be discovered before they could be applied. in fact, some of the algorithms we use in computer programming today have already been used by nature for millenia. i just didn't mention that earlier because your reply would be . . .

GOD DEFINITELY DID IT.

Always existing algorithms ?

Haha ... Mr. Science guy says Algorithm has always been existing .

1. Algorithms for the same problem could have different running times

2. The space complexity/memory usage depends on the nature of the algorithm

3. Algorithms are constructed to give answers . Meaning my algorithm or approach could be different from yours

But do we have different conflicting laws from one concept in nature ?

Go home Teempakguy you are drunk !

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Lol. He has evaded the discussion.
Let me continue my movie.
KingEbukasBlog:

Always existing algorithms ?

Haha ... Mr. Science guys says Algorithm has always been existing .

1. Algorithms for the same problem could have different running times

2. The space complexity/memory usage depends on the nature of the algorithm

3. Algorithms are constructed to give answers . Meaning my algorithm or approach could be different from yours

But do we have different conflicting laws from one concept in nature ?

Go home Teempakguy you are drunk !
yeah . . . right. unlike you two, i possess the algorithm to determine that this argument can go on forever. without either party giving in. i also possess the algorithm to decide that this is not in my best interests. so, bye once again. maybe someday when i'm less busy and more foolish, i will consider replying.

now quit the ad hominem!
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

No one knows that day and hour not the period, there is a great difference. Jesus told his disciples that he will come during their life time.

""You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved. "But whenever they persecute you in one city, flee to the next; for truly I say to you, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes."-Matthew 10:22-23

Every christian is a disciple(follower) of Christ and this warning/instruction has also been applied even in modern times . Dalaman you are beginning to bore me . Looks like Teempakguy is more interesting to argue with , by the time we are through he might not visit the science section again
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 9:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
yeah . . . right. unlike you two, i possess the algorithm to determine that this argument can go on forever. without either party giving in. i also possess the algorithm to decide that this is not in my best interests. so, bye once again. maybe someday when i'm less busy and more foolish, i will consider replying.

now quit the ad hominem!

I also possess the algorithm to know that this is a cop out comment.

veritas vos liberabit!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 9:22pm On Oct 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Every christian is a disciple(follower) of Christ and this warning/instruction has also been applied even in modern times . Dalaman you are beginning to bore me . Looks like Teempakguy is more interesting to argue with , by the time we are through he might not visit the science section again

Lol!

That Teempak guy is funny. He is establishing as laws his own notions.

I create my own programming language using my own symbols and closed circuit switches how was all that existing in the universe for me to tap into? SMH for the guy.

It's a good thing he left early.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:25pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:

now quit the ad hominem!

Gerrrara here mehn ... shiiitttt cheesy cheesy
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Lol!

That Teempak guy is funny. He is establishing as laws his own notions.

I create my own programming language using my own symbols and closed circuit switches how was all that existing in the universe for me to tap into? SMH for the guy.

It's a good thing he left early.

Lol ... as in ehhh grin
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 9:31pm On Oct 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

So every christian will not finish going through the cities of Israel before Jesus comes? How many christians are living in Israel today facing persecution? grin grin. If you don't have anything to say it's better you keep quite instead of embarrassing your self like this. The message is very clear. Your ridiculous spin only exposes you.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:32pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

veritas vos liberabit!

lwkmd !!!!!!!!! lmaoo grin

nice nice
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:37pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

So every christian will not finish going through the cities of Israel before Jesus comes? How many christians are living in Israel today facing persecution? grin grin. If you don't have anything to say it's better you keep quite instead of embarrassing your self like this. The message is very clear. You ridiculous spin only exposes you.

Seriously and honestly , if this was what you could come out with as a response then its shameful .. very very

All the heads of the family came to meeting

So Dalaman , their heads were cut off and brought to the meeting ? undecided

Na you oo ... Badoo grin
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Richirich713: 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

I have already posted the chapter and verse, it is pretty much clear what he said.

1st u assume "come" means the same thing in all contexts and it always refers to Jesus 2nd coming.

Yet if we read the bible we see the term "come" is used to either refer to God manifesting his power, judgment, wrath or blessing in some form or another or a visible coming.

For example
:
"We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the POWER and COMING of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were EYEWITNESSES of his MAJESTY. For he received HONOR and GLORY from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, ‘This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.' We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain." 2 Peter 1:16-18

Here Peter uses the term " coming" to refer to Jesus Transfiguration where jesus received honor and glory.

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will COME to you." John 14:18

Here jesus says he will not abandoned the disciples but instead will come to them, here the term "come" is used to refer to his coming to dwell with believers by the Holy Spirit.

Next is:

""You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved. "But whenever they persecute you in one city, flee to the next; for truly I say to you, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes."-Matthew 10:22-23

1st u can't just assume this refers to Jesus 2nd coming.

Also (Matthew 10:23) when jesus says"before the Son of Man comes" , the term " come" is not necessarily always a reference to his Second Coming. It may refer to his being reunited with his disciples after they completed their missions.

"after Jesus had finished instructing his twelve disciples, he went on from there to teach and preach in the towns of Galilee." Mathew 11:1

After departing to Galilee, Jesus then met up with the disciples where "they reported to him all they had done and taught." (Mark 6:30)
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

veritas vos liberabit!
obviously. i had to cop out because i ran out of arguments. undecided
I really should have stayed in the science section. grin where common sense was common. undecided
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Rilwayne001: 9:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

No one knows that day and hour not the period, there is a great difference. Jesus told his disciples that he will come during their life time.

Damn! I haven't seen this verse in a while, nice one. There is a christian evangelist here that won't allow me rest—he is a friend though, nevertheless I need to show him this.

Make I shapaly bookmark it.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
I really should have stayed in the science section. grin where common sense was common. undecided
Lol!!! Na so
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Seriously and honestly , if this was what you could come out with as a response then its shameful .. very very

All the heads of the family came to meeting

So Dalaman , their heads were cut off and brought to the meeting ? undecided

Na you oo ... Badoo grin

We are not talking about heads of any family. We are talking about what Jesus told his disciples about his coming. He was specific in his injunction. You clearly have nothing to say here.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:

Yea! Common sense is saying my GTA 5 game codes have been in existence in the universe millions of years ago.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 9:50pm On Oct 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Damn! I haven't seen this verse in a while, nice one. There is a christian evangelist here that won't allow me rest—he is a friend though, nevertheless I need to show him this.

Make I shapaly bookmark it.

They are all falling over their heads trying to explain the very clear passage away.

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Yea! Common sense is saying my GTA 5 game codes have been in existence in the universe millions of years ago.
wait a second . . . are you trying to tell me the codes came out of nothing? how do you create something our of nothing?

btw, you play GTA 5? see you in hell, bro.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
wait a second . . . are you trying to tell me the codes came out of nothing? how do you create something our of nothing?

btw, you play GTA 5? see you in hell, bro.

Haha! So you agree the codes came out of something. That's good.

Lol! I don't even own a GTA 5, I decided to use something I am sure you would be accustomed to. I ain't got time for games mehn.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 9:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

They are all falling over their heads trying to explain the very clear passage away.

Since I see you decided to picky. Why don't you enlighten yourself with this:

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/668-what-is-the-meaning-of-matthew-10-23

Note: make sure you read it carefully and don't come here and twist words.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Haha! So you agree the codes came out of something. That's good.

Lol! I don't even own a GTA 5, I decided to use something I am sure you would be accustomed to. I ain't got time for games mehn.
nice try. you aren't pulling me back into your convoluted discussion. everything i say will be countered by you using a de facto explanation. we're talking about a non-falsifiable notion here.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

We are not talking about heads of any family. We are talking about what Jesus told his disciples about his coming. He was specific in his injunction. You clearly have nothing to say here.

I used it to explain the verse . You being obdurate about this issue is plain hypocrisy , even after series of explanations . You keep raising this same verse . This is not even the first thread this have been discussed .

Dalaman its past your bed time grin

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 10:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Since I see you decided to picky. Why don't you enlighten yourself with this:

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/668-what-is-the-meaning-of-matthew-10-23

Note: make sure you read it carefully and don't come here and twist words.

The link you posted has christians giving different views and opinions on what thye believe the bible to be saying there. I don't need any body's view, the passage is very clear, 'i'll just go with what the passage says not some confused apologist whose opinion doesn't even matter.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 10:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
nice try. you aren't pulling me back into your convoluted discussion. everything i say will be countered by you using a de facto explanation. we're talking about a non-falsifiable notion here.

I thought you left the thread for a more "smarter" community. Or are you affected by the fact that your intelligence has been proven otherwise so you have to reclaim your lost glory?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 10:03pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

The link you posted has christians giving different views and opinions on what thye believe the bible to be saying there. I don't need any body's view, the passage is very clear, 'i'll just go with what the passage says not some confused apologist whose opinion doesn't even matter.

1. You didn't even read it.

2. Now you decide to stick with a scripture because it suits you.

3. The bible was not even written for nonspiritual people in the first place so why are you ranting?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

1. You didn't even read it.

2. Now you decide to stick with a scripture because it suits you.

3. The bible was not even written for nonspiritual people in the first place so why are you ranting?

The apologist just doesn't want to accept what was written, that is what all christians do, they refuse to accept what was written inside the bible which is actually why we have over 30, 000 sects of christianity each interpreting the bible according to what they want and telling other that is is what the bible actually means. The guy clearly admitted that some christians read the verse exactly as it says but claims they are wrong. If the bible is spiritual then why are some christians reading the passage just as I read it?

Here is his conclusion from the link.

"If we apply this principle to the situation at hand, it is reasonable to conclude that the phrase “till the Son of man comes” represents a “judgment” coming of the Savior upon the nation of Israel and the city of Jerusalem.It was a just punishment for their culminating act rebellion in rejecting their Messiah, the Son of God."

From his conclusion you can see that he was just giving his own opinion. If the bible wants people to know that the message was for the punishment of Israel from the savior it would have said so. It will not wait for this apologist to say it because many people do not have access to this apologist. But let's look at it and if we do we will see that the guy is just lying because the passage does not mention judgement anywhere, it also does not mention rebellion or rejecting the son of God anywhere, it just says the disciples are to keep running from one city to another in order to avoid persecution and before they finish running round all the cities, Jesus will return
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 10:22pm On Oct 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I used it to explain the verse . You being obdurate about this issue is plain hypocrisy , even after series of explanations . You keep raising this same verse . This is not even the first thread this have been discussed .

Dalaman its past your bed time grin

Series of explanations or series of lies? It is very obvious that they are explaining it away.

Read the explanation put forth by Richirich713 and the link posted by Jeromejnr you will see that their explanation of the verse is totally different. Which of them is true and which is false? From that you can see that christians just make things up as they go and lay claim to this elusive and imaginary holy spirit. Is it the same holy spirit that interpreted the verse to Jeromejnr and Richirich713? why are their explanations very different? You guys just don't have anything to say, just keep telling lies for Jesus, since that is all you are good at.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

Series of explanations or series of lies? It is very obvious that they are explaining it away.

Read the explanation put forth by Richirich713 and the link posted by Jeromejnr you will see that their explanation of the verse is totally different. Which of them is true and which is false? From that you can see that christians just make things up as they go and lay claim to this elusive and imaginary holy spirit. Is it the same holy spirit that interpreted the verse to Jeromejnr and Richirich713? why are their explanations very different? You guys just don't have anything to say, just keep telling lies for Jesus, since that is all you are good at.

So what is the summary of your message?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Richirich713: 4:33am On Oct 17, 2015
dalaman:

1st u wrong to assume that the having the holy spirit makes us prophets, receiving the spirit does not make men prophets .

2ndly u stubborn about the verse as u only take one understanding of the phase "before the Son of Man comes", and ignore the rest.

3rd Jeromejnr gave u a list of possible options . Yet again u stubborn to consider them.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:14am On Oct 17, 2015
dalaman:

Its clearly their opinion . Like the narration of Christ's second coming , everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that . If you say its figurative , its fine with me ,if you insists its not , fine with me . All we Christians know is that Christ is coming again ... Amen

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wow. The Bible 'God' Killed More People Than 'Satan' Ever Did. / 256 Odu Ifa ~ Ifa Religion / Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.