Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

The True Definition Of Athiesm - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True Definition Of Athiesm (14839 Views)

True Definition Of Sin. / Today I Renounce Athiesm / See why athiesm is a device of the devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Richirich713: 5:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
hahn:

Besides, Jesus has not been proven to have even existed. The only evidence is the bible undecided

Then I wonder why the Jews thought they got him killed and why the romans thought they crucified him, and why his crucifixion is considered a historical fact by nearly all historical scholars even atheists.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

In the beginning of what? You have not been able to show how anything exist outside the universe, you just keep repeating that silly assertion. The God of the bible does not live outside the universe. The bible never says that anywhere. The God of the bible lives inside the universe, he fights with human beings, he boast that he kills them alone without help, he intervenes in human activities, was scared humans will build a tower high enough to his abode so he changed the languages of humans etc. The God of the bible exist within the universe in fact he lived inside the earth most times. I just want you guys to explain to be the mechanism and process with which your God used language to create light from nothing.

Ever heard of divinity ?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
hahn:

Try me smiley

I'm a very good listener but you will have to also be ready for the questions I will ask you in order for me to get a clearer understanding of your experience. Deal? smiley

Don't expect too much, I have asked him to provide a factual description of his God’s characteristics, abilities and features so that when I or any other atheist here encounters it we will know it is the being he is talking about. I want him and KingEbukasBlog to try this one for the last time. I've been asking KingEbukasBlog but he has been running away from the question. They should try to be as specific as possible to avoid ambiguity because we need to be able to differentiate their God from other Gods or other phenomena. So, for example, claiming that their God is love or the universe all around is evidence for their God is not helpful in the least, because many have claimed that the universe all around us is evidence for their own God as well and that their God, Gods or Goddesses created the universe as well . Claiming that their God is supernatural or beyond the natural, observable universe is also not helpful. If their God is beyond the observable universe then how could they possibly have observed it to conclude that it is real? So again, I will like them to please provide a factual description of their God’s specific characteristics and abilities that are objective and self evident so that when we encounter it we will know it is their God and not some other phenomenon. They need to provide something objective that we could all perceive to this God of theirs and verify that it is real. We need to distinguish objective reality from a subjective reality in which people believe things are as they want or imagine them to be rather than as they are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 16, 2015
Richirich713:

Then I wonder why the Jews thought they got him killed and why the romans thought they crucified him, and why his crucifixion is considered a historical fact by nearly all historical scholars even atheists.

Well islam rejects this fact..what is your pick nw?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by hahn(m): 5:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

It's just like me asking you to prove to me that you saw a Lamborghini yesterday. So what questions can you possibly ask concerning the supernatural?

Not really. If I really did intend on proving the fact that I saw a lambo, I would have taken a picture. You said you had an encounter with god, why is it so hard to share your story? Don't you feel sharing your story will help me see your point and maybe even convert me to your belief thereby saving me from the pit of hell your god prepared to deal with the people he created and loves who fail to love him back?

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by hahn(m): 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
Richirich713:

Do you have any proof of this aside fr the bible? Any historical document that can be proven to be genuine?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
Richirich713:

Which Jews thought the got him killed? In which Jewish history book can this be found? Which Roman thought they crucified him, in which Roman book can this be found? The story of Jesus were only written by christians and as such can only be found in the bible and books that were banned from the bible.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 5:41pm On Oct 16, 2015
hahn:

Lol, the muslims will ask the exact same question tongue

Besides, Jesus has not been proven to have even existed. The only evidence is the bible undecided

Are you sure there is no evidence?

Josephus was a jew not a christian (whom we all are sure existed) who wrote on Jesus and also there are many ancient writings talk of Jesus which spoke of Him as a magician.

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/jesus-historical-jesus/did-jesus-exist/
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:41pm On Oct 16, 2015
hahn:

Lol, the muslims will ask the exact same question tongue

na lie tongue

Its a historical fact . Just that people -atheists - believe he was some kind of Rabbi without supernatural powers as portrayed in the bible
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
hahn:

saving me from the pit of hell your god prepared to deal with the people he created and loves who fail to love him back?
Chuckles
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by hahn(m): 5:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

See the response I got

Jeromejnr:

It's just like me asking you to prove to me that you saw a Lamborghini yesterday. So what questions can you possibly ask concerning the supernatural?

undecided
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
hahn:

Not really. If I really did intend on proving the fact that I saw a lambo, I would have taken a picture. You said you had an encounter with god, why is it so hard to share your story? Don't you feel sharing your story will help me see your point and maybe even convert me to your belief thereby saving me from the pit of hell your god prepared to deal with the people he created and loves who fail to love him back?

You mention talking a picture, which was not in my scenario. Supposing you hadn't, how would you approach the matter?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 5:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

na lie tongue

Its a historical fact . Just that people -atheists - believe he was some kind of Rabbi without supernatural powers as portrayed in the bible

They just like telling themselves He never existed when in fact there are writings dated long after His time that wrote on Him.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by hahn(m): 5:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

na lie tongue

For real o, bubu

Why emphasise on atheists. There are more than 4,000 other religions and they don't believe it. Even the jews don't believe in Jesus enough to worship him. And they should know, shouldn't they?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 5:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
@ hahn.. I hope you are reading the article?

Josephus was a Jew and Tacitus was a Roman senator.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

You mention talking a picture, which was not in my scenario. Supposing you hadn't, how would you approach the matter?
well, he could try taking you there to see the lambo.

but more realistically, God cannot be compared to a lambo. he is supposedly super smart and super strong. shouldn't be this hard to prove himself to us.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by hahn(m): 5:54pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Come on man, just tell the story already
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 5:54pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
well, he could try taking you there to see the lambo.

but more realistically, God cannot be compared to a lambo. he is supposedly super smart and super strong. shouldn't be this hard to prove himself to us.

Take me where? he saw it pass by. Where does he know he wants to take me to. Even if he takes me to a place, what is the proof that he saw it yesterday?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 5:55pm On Oct 16, 2015
hahn:

Come on man, just tell the story already

Do you agree on the historical accounts of Jesus I gave you first of all?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
hahn:

For real o, bubu

Why emphasise on atheists. There are more than 4,000 other religions and they don't believe it. Even the jews don't believe in Jesus enough to worship him. And they should know, shouldn't they?

Have you ever wondered why people still smoke - having the fledged knowledge of the health risks ?

Apply that same reasoning here

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Take me where? he saw it pass by. Where does he know he wants to take me to. Even if he takes me to a place, what is the proof that he saw it yesterday?

it passed by? then how is he sure it's a lambo? he could very well be lying. you don't have to believe him just because he said it. people say all sorts of things all the time that they claim are real, but are not.

if someone cannot prove what he is claiming, then he is accepted to be lying until proof is provided.
imagine how your life would look like if you believed everything you heard. you would be a Muslim as well as a Buddhist as well as a satanist as well as a Taoist . . . and ufologist and conspiracy theorist and so on and so forth.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Have you ever wondered why people still smoke - having the fledged knowledge of the health risks ?

Apply that same reasoning here

do not let any devoted muslim catch you saying shit like this.
as far as they are concerned, you are meat for allah to roast in hell at the end of times. and they'll be quite happy to speed it up in fact.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

Don't expect too much, I have asked him to provide a factual description of his God’s characteristics, abilities and features so that when I or any other atheist here encounters it we will know it is the being he is talking about. I want him and KingEbukasBlog to try this one for the last time. I've been asking KingEbukasBlog but he has been running away from the question. They should try to be as specific as possible to avoid ambiguity because we need to be able to differentiate their God from other Gods or other phenomena. So, for example, claiming that their God is love or the universe all around is evidence for their God is not helpful in the least, because many have claimed that the universe all around us is evidence for their own God as well and that their God, Gods or Goddesses created the universe as well . Claiming that their God is supernatural or beyond the natural, observable universe is also not helpful. If their God is beyond the observable universe then how could they possibly have observed it to conclude that it is real? So again, I will like them to please provide a factual description of their God’s specific characteristics and abilities that are objective and self evident so that when we encounter it we will know it is their God and not some other phenomenon. They need to provide something objective that we could all perceive to this God of theirs and verify that it is real. We need to distinguish objective reality from a subjective reality in which people believe things are as they want or imagine them to be rather than as they are.

What objective perception do you need . I know He created everything - the contents of the universe - if you disagree its your business . Millions of people have experienced miracles and witnessed His presence , yet you say they are lies . When you experience the power of God , isn't it convincing enough ?

Have you shown me He does not exist ? No

Have you proven that life came from the non - living ? No

Have you explained the disparity between the nature of the elements of life ? No

Have you proven that the contents of the universe came forth on their own will , then for no reason brought forth you as a thinking reasoning being ? No

Have you shown why the universe needs no creator ? No

Yes God exits , you can wait for Science to explain what happened billions of years ago . As far as no human being at this present time witnessed the beginning , you'll only see theories and more theories , assumptions and more assumptions till you die . Until Christ comes , trust me this will continue .
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by malvisguy212: 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

Heaven could mean anything from God's abode to means the expanse of the sky with every thing in it according to more recent translations. Heaven has never been translated to mean space any where in the bible. You know nothing about Hebrew so I won't listen to you. I'rather go with people whom Hebrew is their own.language and what they've said.
I cannot draw a 2HD on a 4HD screen.use your common sense. you don't need an Hebrew man to teach you between heaven,space,sky.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
do not let any devoted muslim catch you saying shit like this.
as far as they are concerned, you are meat for allah to roast in hell at the end of times. and they'll be quite happy to speed it up in fact.

Different religions give one the impression that there are different Hells and Supreme Beings . They are all one concept approached differently
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 6:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
it passed by? then how is he sure it's a lambo? he could very well be lying. you don't have to believe him just because he said it. people say all sorts of things all the time that they claim are real, but are not.

if someone cannot prove what he is claiming, then he is accepted to be lying until proof is provided.
imagine how your life would look like if you believed everything you heard. you would be a Muslim as well as a Buddhist as well as a satanist as well as a Taoist . . . and ufologist and conspiracy theorist and so on and so forth.

There's a redundancy in this message. We could go round and round.

As for your second paragraph, people are what they are based on experiences. But the thing is in all these experiences, what is the absolute truth. There has to be an absolute truth to what everyone experiences.

From your post, without facts anyone's notion would be considered lying. Which means most scientific theories are a lie unless they have been proven. Skeptics also would be considered lying for saying someone did not encounter the supernatural without proofs.

So the question is, out of all these experiences we all have on the earth, how do we know which one is the absolute truth?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Different religions give one the impression that there are different Hells and Supreme Beings . They are all one concept approached differently
True!!..blike you get sense small(relativisticly)
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
The little question is IS THERE ANY PROOF FoR GOD NON-existence?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

They just like telling themselves He never existed when in fact there are writings dated long after His time that wrote on Him.

soon they'd say those people who wrote about Him dont exist cheesy or they were hallucinating . MH lived 600 yrs after Christ - about 1,400 yrs ago - shocked shocked shocked yet there are no arguments or doubts about his existence .
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 6:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
You know, It's actually more easier and intelligent to say that there was a designer to the universe than to say all this design came from an unintelligent matter.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

There's a redundancy in this message. We could go round and round.

As for your second paragraph, people are what they are based on experiences. But the thing is in all these experiences, what is the absolute truth. There has to be an absolute truth to what everyone experiences.

From your post, without facts anyone's notion would be considered lying. Which means most scientific theories are a lie unless they have been proven. Skeptics also would be considered lying for saying someone did not encounter the supernatural without proofs.

So the question is, out of all these experiences we all have on the earth, how do we know which one is the absolute truth?

not without facts. without proof. and standard of proof is highly subjective. scientific theories are not lies because they can be easily proven by recreating the conditions they describe. so don't bring them into this discussion at all.
everything contained in your science textbook can be proven in front of everybody that they are correct withing their confines. we know nothing can go faster than light. not because Einstein said it, but because it works out mathematically, and physically. the fastest thing in the world IS electromagnetic radiation.

now, i cannot prove there is no God. i also cannot prove there is. the proof of his existence is not falsifiable. so how do you expect me to believe you are saying the truth? there was a time when the whole world believed in Zeus. such people persecuted Socrates and the likes as you are persecuting me now. fast forward to 2015. who are the idiots now?

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:
You know, It's actually more easier and intelligent to say that there was a designer to the universe than to say all this design came from an unintelligent matter.
Imagine a painting without a painter
Imagine intelligence emanating from non-intelligence
Like expecting a 6month hold to ride a car

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kuwaiti Royal Prince, Abdullah Al-sabah Declares His Faith In Jesus Christ / Jesus Is The Only Way: My Personal Experiences / Death Of Church Members: How Does Your Church React?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.