Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

The True Definition Of Athiesm - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True Definition Of Athiesm (14843 Views)

True Definition Of Sin. / Today I Renounce Athiesm / See why athiesm is a device of the devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:
You know, It's actually more easier and intelligent to say that there was a designer to the universe than to say all this design came from an unintelligent matter.
Imagine a painting without a painter
Imagine intelligence emanating from non-intelligence
Like expecting a 6month old to ride a car
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:
You know, It's actually more easier and intelligent to say that there was a designer to the universe than to say all this design came from an unintelligent matter.
Like expecting a 6month hold to ride a car
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:
and how do you know matter is unintelligent?
the universe is not as unintelligent as you claim. it operates under laws that guide it. and with these laws, it produces the fascinating things we see today. stars exist because of gravity and electromagnetic forces.
they may seem like some being made them, but . . . not really.
besides, what you think is fascinating . . . really might not be. your senses evolved to see them as such.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 6:31pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
not without facts. without proof. and standard of proof is highly subjective. scientific theories are not lies because they can be easily proven by recreating the conditions they describe. so don't bring them into this discussion at all.
everything contained in your science textbook can be proven in front of everybody that they are correct withing their confines. we know nothing can go faster than light. not because Einstein said it, but because it works out mathematically, and physically. the fastest thing in the world IS electromagnetic radiation.

now, i cannot prove there is no God. i also cannot prove there is. the proof of his existence is not falsifiable. so how do you expect me to believe you are saying the truth? there was a time when the whole world believed in Zeus. such people persecuted Socrates and the likes as you are persecuting me now. fast forward to 2015. who are the idiots now?

Am I infact persecuting you?

The same way you could prove the speed of light both using mathematics and Physical methods is the same way you could prove from the various complex designs in the universe that there had to be a designer behind it.

There are complex codes programmed in genes. If i showed you a computer program today and say all that coding came by chance how would you react?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
the universe is not as unintelligent as you claim. it operates under laws that guide it. and with these laws, it produces the fascinating things we see today. stars exist because of gravity and electromagnetic forces.
besides, what you think is fascinating . . . really might not be. your senses evolved to see them as such.
Who or what is the cause of those laws?
Its a simple fact that for every effect there exists a cause
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
Kreysik:

the sky is an example. also, the desert. ever heard of something called pareidolia?
a computer processor and an AI software.
Like expecting a 6month old to ride a car
a six month old is not tall enough to do so. but six month olds have been known to speak. shocked shocked
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 6:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:

I love that. It's the kind of scenario I gave Johny. How do we know what we consider imperfection is actually not perfect in the "mind" of the universe.

But then, we would be going into the concept of "self awareness" "choice" "will" "grief" "love" "sorrow" e.t.c. How intelligent is the universe in bringing about such concepts?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
Kreysik:

Who or what is the cause of those laws?
Its a simple fact that for every effect there exists a cause
for every effect, there exists a cause. what if the laws are the cause? not the effect?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
for every effect, there exists a cause. what if the laws are the cause? not the effect?
Likewise..what if God was d cause and not the effect...dats what is referred to as d prime mover
Mind you:there cannot exist a LAW so to speak without a LAW maker
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Am I infact persecuting you?

The same way you could prove the speed of light both using mathematics and Physical methods is the same way you could prove from the various complex designs in the universe that there had to be a designer behind it.

There are complex codes programmed in genes. If i showed you a computer program today and say all that coding came by chance how would you react?
yes! you're right! that code came by chance!
with trial and error, serendipity, discoveries . . . all those things contributed to the code you showed me. you see, the only reason why that code exists is because people have been experimenting with OTHER codes. getting better and better with them. so that code could be produced. so there is that.

here is another mind blowing fact. if i take the twenty six letters of the alphabet, plus several other characters, by combining it randomly, i will eventually arrive at that code. simple probability.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
Kreysik:

Likewise..what if God was d cause and not the effect...dats what is referred to as d prime mover
Mind you:there cannot exist a LAW so to speak without a LAW maker
yeah right. nice try. i can prove the laws exist, but you cannot prove that God exists. so . . . get over it.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
yeah right. nice try. i can prove the laws exist, but you cannot prove that God exists. so . . . get over it.
Can you proof d God doesn't exist pls?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I love that. It's the kind of scenario I gave Johny. How do we know what we consider imperfection is actually not perfect in the "mind" of the universe.

But then, we would be going into the concept of "self awareness" "choice" "will" "grief" "love" "sorrow" e.t.c. How intelligent is the universe in bringing about such concepts?
what do you think intelligence is, really? intelligence is not needed to do most things. most of the best discoveries and ideas didn't require intelligence at all. they came by chance.

a sky scraper will eventually appear, given enough time. whether intelligent design is available or not. do you know it rains glass on planet HD 189733b? did that have to be designed as well?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 6:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

What objective perception do you need . I know He created everything - the contents of the universe - if you disagree its your business . Millions of people have experienced miracles and witnessed His presence , yet you say they are lies . When you experience the power of God , isn't it convincing enough ?

You don't know, you believe. You don't know what created the universe and when you only believe some God idea some men created did it. You don't know if many entities created the universe, you just believe that a single entity did because you have been indoctrinated with that idea. Millions of Hindus, Muslims, Taoist etc have also experienced miracles and witnessed the presence of their various Gods, it means nothing, religious experience has been shown to be the product of the brain.

Have you shown me He does not exist ? No

I said I don't believe, so show me that he exist. A God that exist will not need you to show me that he exist, he will also not need me to show you that he doesn't exist. Any God that exist will be self evident. Your God exist but in your imaginations and that of those that subscribe to that idea.

Have you proven that life came from the non - living ? No

Life coming from living or non living things has nothing to do with the existence of a God. God should have clear evidence for his existence. Why should the existence of other things be used as evidence for the existence of God? Have you ever asked your self that question? Why is God the only thing which we use the existence of other things to point out as his existence?

Have you explained the disparity between the nature of the elements of life ? No

Have you proven that the contents of the universe came forth on their own will , then for no reason brought forth you as a thinking reasoning being ? No

Have you shown why the universe needs no creator ? No

You are just using God as your position for "I do not know". If God exist then point to it as an independent entity. What we see around is evidence for the environment and not evidence for God. Does your God exist? If e does show it already.

Yes God exits , you can wait for Science to explain what happened billions of years ago . As far as no human being at this present time witnessed the beginning , you'll only see theories and more theories , assumptions and more assumptions till you die . Until Christ comes , trust me this will continue .

God exist as a dead Jewish man that died over 200 years ago that will come again? This has nothing to do with reality but just a statement of belief. There is a great difference btw belief and reality. You believe in the story told about some dead Jewish man who lived 200 years ago coming from the clouds but you still confidently regurgitate it as if it has anything to do with reality.

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
Kreysik:

Can you proof d God doesn't exist pls?
i'm not the one claiming he does. undecided
it is you that thinks he exists. so it is you that is supposed to prove to me whether he exists or not. what you're doing is akin to me saying Taylor swift is right beside me now, and then asking you to prove that she is not beside me.

can you do that?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
i'm not the one claiming he does. undecided
it is you that thinks he exists. so it is you that is supposed to prove to me whether he exists or not. what you're doing is akin to me saying Taylor swift is right beside me now, and then asking you to prove that she is not beside me.

can you do that?
Hey bro! U also claimed HE doesn't exist so I'm also putting it to u to proof his non existence...dat you can't proof sometins existence doesn't mean it exists not what makes it non existence is ur ability to proof dat it does not exist
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Richirich713: 6:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
Kreysik:

Well islam rejects this fact..what is your pick nw?

My pick is to go with the historical fact of his crucifixion.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:02pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

You don't know, you believe. You don't know what created the universe and when you only believe some God idea some men created did it. You don't know if many entities created the universe, you just believe that a single entity did because you have been indoctrinated with that idea. Millions of Hindus, Muslims, Taoist etc have also experienced miracles and witnessed the presence of their various Gods, it means nothing, religious experience has been shown to be the product of the brain.

Mr. man its me - if I say I know He created the world , you have no right whatsoever to impose your own misconceptions on me . I know , I dont believe

Your God exist but in your imaginations and that of those that subscribe to that idea.

God does not exist in your imaginations and that of those that subscribe to that idea

Life coming from living or non living things has nothing to do with the existence of a God. God should have clear evidence for his existence. Why should the existence of other things be used as evidence for the existence of God? Have you ever asked your self that question? Why is God the only thing which we use the existence of other things to point out as his existence?

Its either A or B - its either life had a creator or it had none - it came from the non-living . Stop the obnoxious display of inanity

You are just using God as your position for "I do not know". If God exist then point to it as an independent entity. What we see around is evidence for the environment and not evidence for God. Does your God exist? If e does show it already.

Like I said before , you dont explain what I know to me . I know , if you feel its a belief then its your business . I am not jumping into your wagon of ignorance

God exist as a dead Jewish man that died over 200 years ago that will come again? This has nothing to do with reality but just a statement of belief. There is a great difference btw belief and reality. You believe in the story told about some dead Jewish man who lived 200 years ago coming from the clouds but you still confidently regurgitate it as if it has anything to do with reality.

Coming from the clouds ? Does He stay there grin . You are filled with so much misconceptions and ignorance of biblical events/views etc .

You were obviously muslim before please find muslims and argue with them
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2015
Kreysik:

Hey bro! U also claimed HE doesn't exist so I'm also putting it to u to proof his non existence...dat you can't proof sometins existence doesn't mean it exists not what makes it non existence is ur ability to proof dat it does not exist
God doesn't exist because i have no proof of him, and neither do you. isn't that enough?

i should not even be answering your question at all. because YOU, are the one who is trying to convince me that God exist. YOU, should provide proof.
in fact it isn't really you sef. GOD, is the one trying to convince humanity that he exists. HE, should provide the proof.

since he has not done that,

#atheistforlife.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by hahn(m): 7:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Have you ever wondered why people still smoke - having the fledged knowledge of the health risks ?

Apply that same reasoning here

undecided
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by hahn(m): 7:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Do you agree on the historical accounts of Jesus I gave you first of all?

According to the article, the accounts of authors are still under discussion. Even the article asserts that they might be false.

So, back to your story. And I asked first

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Atheist : The universe/living things indeed look designed

Me : So why do you say God , the designer, does not exist

Atheist : Because we can't explain His existence , so He does not exist

Me : shocked cry cry cry cry

grin

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by dalaman: 7:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Coming from the clouds ? Does He stay there grin . You are filled with so much misconceptions and ignorance of biblical events/views etc .

You were obviously muslim before please find muslims and argue with them

It's written in the bible.

"AND THE STARS WILL BE FALLING from heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken. "Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN CLOUDS with great power and glory" Mark 13: 25-26
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
God doesn't exist because i have no proof of him, and neither do you. isn't that enough?

i should not even be answering your question at all. because YOU, are the one who is trying to convince me that God exist. YOU, should provide proof.
in fact it isn't really you sef. GOD, is the one trying to convince humanity that he exists. HE, should provide the proof.

since he has not done that,

#atheistforlife.
Having no proof of something shouldn't be a resort for disbelieving in its existence and doesn't make you an athiest it only makes you an ignotist
Just like dere exist mysteries within the human dat even science has not discovered and has no proof of.yet deh have no ryt what-so-ever to abscond and neglect it and say deh dnt believe such mysteries exists rather they say "WE DNT KNW" and we gon make more findings
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
yes! you're right! that code came by chance!
with trial and error, serendipity, discoveries . . . all those things contributed to the code you showed me. you see, the only reason why that code exists is because people have been experimenting with OTHER codes. getting better and better with them. so that code could be produced. so there is that.

here is another mind blowing fact. if i take the twenty six letters of the alphabet, plus several other characters, by combining it randomly, i will eventually arrive at that code. simple probability.

You are not making any sense . grin

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 16, 2015
Kreysik:

Having no proof of something shouldn't be a resort for disbelieving in its existence and doesn't make you an athiest it only makes you an ignotist
Just like dere exist mysteries within the human dat even science has not discovered and has no proof of.yet deh have no ryt what-so-ever to abscond and neglect it and say deh dnt believe such mysteries exists rather they say "WE DNT KNW" and we gon make more findings
oh yes it is.
dude, we're talking about GOD. here. do you know the gravity of that? he created the entire uinverse!(supposedly.)
he is supposedly omniscient and omnipotent. we shouldn't even be having this discussion if he was actually real.
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You are not making any sense . grin
riigght . . . as if you are making anything at all. undecided
google library of babel. it contains a software that combines the 26 letters and comma and period together randomly forever.

if you don't find your name, your father's name, and your date of birth and death, call me a bastard. undecided
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Richirich713: 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2015
hahn:

Do you have any proof of this aside fr the bible? Any historical document that can be proven to be genuine?

1st - the NT is a historical document on jesus

2nd- Titus Flavius Josephus mentions jesus,james and John the Baptist in his Antiquities of the Jews.

3rd- Tacitus mentions the death of Christ under Pontius Pilate in Annals 15.44

4th- the "letter of Mara Bar-Serapion" asks of Jesus’ crucifixion , "What advantage did the Jews gain from executing their wise King?"

5th- Roman historian Cornelius Tacitus wrote: a wise man who was called Jesus......Pilate condemned him to be condemned and to die.

6th- Tacitus also says that the disciples of Jesus "reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion and that he was alive."

7th- Josephus (c. 37-100 AD) the Jewish historian wrote: "Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men among us, had condemned him [Jesus] to the cross.

8th- Roman author Phlegon wrote: "Jesus, while alive, was of no assistance to himself, but that he arose after death and exhibited the marks of his punishment, and showed how his hands had been pierced by nails."

9th- even the Talmud does not deny the death of Jesus on the eve of Passover they hanged Yeshu (of Nazareth)"... (Sanhedrin 43a, "Eve of Passover)

10th- Pliny the Younger mentioned Christ,..." They (the Christians) were in the habit of meeting on a certain fixed day before it was light, when they sang in alternate verses a hymn to Christ, as to a god"....

Then we still have links to Jesus thru his disciples.

2 Likes

Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalaman:

It's written in the bible.

"AND THE STARS WILL BE FALLING from heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken. "Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN CLOUDS with great power and glory" Mark 13: 25-26
dalaman:

"in" and "from" are two different prepositions . Actually there are really deep theological depictions of that clause - coming in the clouds - but it would be a complete waste of time sharing it with you .

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 :

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, and remain until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep.

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first.

17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord.

This a perfect example of the metaphorical narration of Christ's second coming . What's the nature of His coming ?

Anyways on the day it happens , we will all see if it was figurative or not .
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
hahn:

According to the article, the accounts of authors are still under discussion. Even the article asserts that they might be false.

So, back to your story. And I asked first

Might be= Possible

Hahn= He didn't exist.

So how did you come to your conclusion?
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
google library of babel. it contains a software that combines the 26 letters and comma and period together randomly forever.

if you don't find your name, your father's name, and your date of birth and death, call me a bastard. undecided

Lolzz calm down kiddie ...

Like you said : Its a software and it runs under series of commands - programming - meaning its algorithmic . Sounds like a design(SOFTWARE) to me .
Re: The True Definition Of Athiesm by Jeromejnr(m): 7:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
Teempakguy:

Google the meaning of algorithm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jesus Is The Only Way: My Personal Experiences / Death Of Church Members: How Does Your Church React? / Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.