Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May (19350 Views)

Poll: Which team will proceed to Rome?

Chelsea: 39% (43 votes)
Barcelona: 60% (66 votes)
This poll has ended

Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 / Chelsea Vs Fc Internazionale [0 - 1] [Agg: 1 - 3] On Tuesday 16th March / UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by bigben3: 8:49am On May 07, 2009
It was indeed a tough match and the Bridge had to crack when it mattered most.Chelsea was most unfortunate in that dying minute,when it taught the deal is done.Remember,never say never in football lipsrsealed
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by bigben3: 8:52am On May 07, 2009
It was indeed a tough match and the Bridge had to crack when it mattered most.Chelsea was most unfortunate in that dying minute,when it taught the deal is done.Remember,never say never in football,it wasn't just Chelsea night,too bad lipsrsealed
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by switch47(m): 8:53am On May 07, 2009
QUOTES OF THE DAY!!
grin grin
SAURON- Your team was pathetic.
The referee was pissed you guys couldn't take the advantage of playing with 10 MEN.
They were a man down and yet you were begging for penalties like nymphomaniacs begging for phalli
Chelsea are so useless, they should be relegated after what happened tonight.
Arsenal woulda scaled through in the same circumstance. . . . . .

PRESIDO1- Na who pass exam na him know book. Itz not how many shot that counts its how many goals. Next time tell them to shake the net not just shooting sporadically like arm robbers.

COME SEE CHELSEA CELEBRATION YESTERDAY after essien goal- e be like quarel, even a lunatic ran for safety!! grin
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by switch47(m): 8:58am On May 07, 2009
switch47:

QUOTES OF THE DAY!!
grin grin
SAURON- Your team was pathetic.
The referee was pissed you guys couldn't take the advantage of playing with 10 MEN.
They were a man down and yet you were begging for penalties like nymphomaniacs begging for phalli
Chelsea are so useless, they should be relegated after what happened tonight.
Arsenal woulda scaled through in the same circumstance. . . . . .

PRESIDO1- Na who pass exam na him know book. Itz not how many shot that counts its how many goals. Next time tell them to shake the net not just shooting sporadically like arm robbers.

COME SEE CHELSEA CELEBRATION YESTERDAY after essien goal- e be like quarel, even a lunatic ran for safety!! grin

Oh MIKEL!! grin

Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by IFELEKE(m): 8:59am On May 07, 2009
Yes!!!
It was really Tough Yesterday but with everything working for us and the never say never spirit of our gallant heroes we ended up saying SI, SE PUEDE!

We Rule They Ruse. . .Barca Till I Die!
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by IFELEKE(m): 9:01am On May 07, 2009
Yes!!!
It was really Tough Yesterday but with everything working for us and the never say never spirit of our gallant heroes we ended up saying SI, SE PUEDE!

We Rule They Ruse. . .Barca Till I Die!
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by Joan2(f): 9:22am On May 07, 2009
I told Chelsea fans not to play with Barca. They had 90 minutes to destroy a side that was one man down, a side that was defending with just two defenders. Drogba missed chances cos of his selfishness. One of the balls he missed, he shouild have passed to Essien who was free. Barca deserves the win, for coming out to play. Chelsea should know that u don't go all defensive on a side like Barca. Hiddinks good coach wrong sub, Belleti for Drogba. Anelka sorry
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by Joan2(f): 9:27am On May 07, 2009
I told Chelsea fans not to play with Barca. They had 90 minutes to destroy a side that was one man down, a side that was defending with just two defenders. Drogba missed chances cos of his selfishness. One of the balls he missed, he shouild have passed to Essien who was free. Barca deserves the win, for coming out to play. Chelsea should know that u don't go all defensive on a side like Barca. Hiddinks good coach wrong sub, Belleti for Drogba. Anelka sorry
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by elowa: 9:33am On May 07, 2009
i told chealsea fans they would go down, but they tot i was bluffing. abeg who is laughing last now? grin BARCA FOR LIFE
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by naso2(m): 9:36am On May 07, 2009
The ref was the man of the match. At least he is now very popular.

The match shows how one-dimensional Barca are in attack .
They sure will not survive Man U if they play this way.  C.R or rooney would
Surely have taken those drogba's chances.

One would want to ask why GUUS will pull out drogba for belleti instead of Kalou.

The red card is actually contestable but in truth it did not substantially change things as
Barca were not even playing well with 11 men, it seemed to give Chelsea false security which was our undoing.
It will be difficult to say it was not a freekick, and once one agrees it was a free  kick it will be difficult not to invoke the "last-man  professional foul clause"

In all I think luck played a fast one On chelsea, guus and terry. The lucky coach,lucky team ,lucky captain
factor is key in competitions like this. PSV was eliminated in same fashion by Milan in 2005, Terry was just 1 penalty kick away  from wining the trophy last year.

I praise the spirit of the Chelsea team for at least showing that Barca are not as superlative in europe
as they appear in LA LIGA.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by mamaorga(f): 9:51am On May 07, 2009
[]
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by future001: 9:58am On May 07, 2009
Drogba's behaviour is completely disgusting. A terrible looser! Showcasing your frustration that way to the whole world is just bad mentality. And he is a hero to many.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by mamaorga(f): 9:59am On May 07, 2009
[THE MATCH WAS SPELL BINDING, AM A STRONG BARCA FAN BUT I GO TALK TRUE THE REFEREE MADE A QUICK,HARSH AND IMPROPER DECISION WHEN HE GAVE ABIDAL A RED CARD THUS AFTER THAT HE FELT GUILTY FOR HIS ACTIONS SO HE INTENTIONALLY OVERLOOKED THE FOULS COMMITED BY BARCA TO EXONERATE HIMSELF FROM BLAME HURLED AT HIM BY BARCA FANS

ALL IN ALL THE MATCH WAS A VERY TOUGH ONE I THINK CHELSEA PLAYED A BETTER AND MORE COMPOSED GAME, EXCELLENT PASSES. ESSIEN WOULD HAVE BEEN THE HERO OF THE GAME AFTER THAT EXCELLENT GOAL,

BARCA JUST PROVED THAT THEY DONT GIVE UP EARLY, BRILLIANT PERSISTENCE FROM THEM AS WELL

NOW IS TIME FOR THE RED DEVILS TO BE SENT TO HELL BY BARCA

UP UP BARCA]
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by mamaorga(f): 10:01am On May 07, 2009
[THE MATCH WAS SPELL BINDING, AM A STRONG BARCA FAN BUT I GO TALK TRUE THE REFEREE MADE A QUICK,HARSH AND IMPROPER DECISION WHEN HE GAVE ABIDAL A RED CARD THUS AFTER THAT HE FELT GUILTY FOR HIS ACTIONS SO HE INTENTIONALLY OVERLOOKED THE FOULS COMMITED BY BARCA TO EXONERATE HIMSELF FROM BLAME HURLED AT HIM BY BARCA FANS

ALL IN ALL THE MATCH WAS A VERY TOUGH ONE I THINK CHELSEA PLAYED A BETTER AND MORE COMPOSED GAME, EXCELLENT PASSES. ESSIEN WOULD HAVE BEEN THE HERO OF THE GAME AFTER THAT EXCELLENT GOAL,

BARCA JUST PROVED THAT THEY DONT GIVE UP EARLY, BRILLIANT PERSISTENCE FROM THEM AS WELL

UP UP BARCA]
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by mamaorga(f): 10:04am On May 07, 2009

UP UP BARCA] grin grin grin
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by tocdee(m): 10:08am On May 07, 2009
A friend of mine who supports Chelsea came over to see the match with me as confident as anything. Since that match, he's been very strange. I read about the Arsenal fan that hanged himself in Kenya 2 days ago after their elimination. I really hope my friend doesn't tread that path.

undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by elowa: 10:09am On May 07, 2009
@ na so
It wasn't anybody's fault that chelsea could not take advantage of the fact that THE GREAT BARCA was not at its best due to some of its key player missing out.
we came to the bridge to teach the blues how to never say die, imagine the only shot on target being the straw breaking chelsea's back. ABEG, BARCA FOR LIFE
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by future001: 10:13am On May 07, 2009
Drogba's behaviour is completely disgusting. A terrible looser! Showcasing his frustration that way to the whole world is just low, so low. And he is a hero to many.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by afix(m): 10:14am On May 07, 2009
chelsea fans should take heart and prepare for the loosers final on sunday.we will massacre them at the emirate comes sunday 10th of may.GUNNERS FOR LIVE.But to be real the officiating yesterday was indeed a biase officiating against the blues,he only compensate them by sending Abidal off to kill off the grudges in the chelsea players towards him at that point in the game;well that is football,to barcer fans i say congratulations.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by elowa: 10:16am On May 07, 2009
@ afix
fanx u, fanx u, fanx u grin
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by dyabman(m): 10:19am On May 07, 2009
that game was Heart-Breaking embarassed cry
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by eyonigger(m): 10:21am On May 07, 2009
Thanks to all the Barca supporters. E seun gan.!! grin
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by ogazi007(m): 10:22am On May 07, 2009
ALLIMIGHTY BARCELONE
UNSTOPPABLE BARCELONA
EXPLOSIVE BARCELONA
VALIANT BARCELONA
ATTACKING BARCELONA
ENTERTAINING BARCELONA.

Congrats to my fellow barca brothers,we have shown the entire world that we didnot score morethan 100goals by blonder.
we are not just the best in laliga,we also have the talent and strength to come to Europe to defeat the so called stronger EPL team.
if u still think our outstanding performance this season is a fluke,i guess u  will ask LYON,BAYERN,and OVERRATED CHELSEA.
i am glad we kept to our style of play even when we were one man down(harsh decision),we played without our 2 regular center back,and Henry absence really affected our game plans,yet we match chelsea in S.B with their full squad.chelsea should be grateful to God of soccer that we missed some key players in yesterday's game.instead of them to be Happy we didnot disgrace them in their home and try to  learn some  football skills from barca,they are there ranting for REF.we intended to forgive u people for the ugly and unattractive footie u displayed in nou camp,but u refused to learn and acted like a primary school children in last nite encounter,we shall punish u with plenty of goals next season,so that u will learn your lessons like madrid,ath.madrid,sevilla,lyon,bayern etcetc.i want all chelsea fans  to stop crying and embark on fasting and prayers forthwith not to meet barcelona next season.u can start ur preparation to win CL in 2010/2011 season cos barca will claim this one and deffend it.EPL team will never smells CL trophies till next two seasons.U guys are invited to barca's big bash next month,its going to be point and kill and u will also have enough to eat and drink but no take away pls, stand up for  treble barca(7STAR GENERAL)
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by Jarus(m): 10:24am On May 07, 2009
The match will surely go down memory lane as one of the most referenced match in UCL history.
Chelsea exhibited a rare defensive football. Defensive football hardly pays, especially against a team having 3 of the world's best forwards(Messi, Eto'o and Henry) and 2 of the world's best midfielders (Xavi and Iniesta), but they were able to stop them from scoring a single goal from 180 minutes. Let's not forget Eto'o, Henry & Messi have 97 goals to their credit this season. But the lesson here is attacking football pays more than defensive football. Barca went their attacking way in both legs, Chelsea came a little out in second leg, but still extra-loaded their defensive, sacrificing midfield. It nearly worked, if not for luck that deserted them. All the same, Chelsea were not humiliated as bookmakers predicted. Good efforts by the blues.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by eyonigger(m): 10:25am On May 07, 2009
ogazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiii
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by Jarus(m): 10:27am On May 07, 2009
The match will surely go down memory lane as one of the most referenced match in UCL history.
Chelsea exhibited a rare defensive football. Defensive football hardly pays, especially against a team having 3 of the world's best forwards(Messi, Eto'o and Henry) and 2 of the world's best midfielders (Xavi and Iniesta), but they were able to stop them from scoring a single goal from 180 minutes. Let's not forget Eto'o, Henry & Messi have 97 goals to their credit this season. But the lesson here is attacking football pays more than defensive football. Barca went their attacking way in both legs, Chelsea came a little out in second leg, but still extra-loaded their defensive, sacrificing midfield. It nearly worked, if not for luck that deserted them. All the same, Chelsea were not humiliated as bookmakers predicted. Good efforts by the blues.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by toxicguy: 10:28am On May 07, 2009
I DON'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE OFFICIATING. IT WAS FAIR AND SQUARE. A PHANTOM RED CARD IS EQUAL TO FIVE PHANTOM PENALTIES. SO BARCA STILL OWE CHELSEA A PENALTY. CARRY FORWARD TILL NEXT YEAR. GUUS HIDDINK SAID SOMETHING IN THE POST MATCH CONFERENCE. I QUOTE "WE SHOULD HAVE FINISHED THE GAME OFF WITH THE CHANCES WE HAD AND NOT RELY ON PENALTIES". NOW THATS HONORABLE. I THINK CHELSEA SHOULD CONVERT TO A RUGBY TEAM. ANYTIME THEY LOSE THEY CONVERT TO RUGBY. IMAGINE WHAT A TACKLE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HAD BALLACK PULLED DOWN THE REF. SWEET. ON THE ISSUE OF BALLACK, CHELSEA SHOULD KNOW THAT BALLACK IS BAD LUCK. HE HAS NEVER WON ANYTHING IN HIS PATHETIC LIFE. JUSTICE WAS DONE. THEY QUALIFIED TO THE FINAL LAST YEAR AT THE EXPENSE OF LIVERPOOL THANKS TO THE REF. SO NOW THEY KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE. IF CHELSEA COULD NOT SCORE AGAINST TEN, THEN I DON'T SEE THEM SCORING AGAINST 11. I PERSONALLY BELIEVE THAT ON A NEUTRAL GROUND, BARCELONA CAN TAKE ON CHELSEA FOR 90 MINUTES WITH TEN MEN AND BEAT THEM HANDS DOWN. HIDDINKS TACTICS ARE STARTING TO MAKE SENSE. HEAD TO HEAD HE KNOW HE CAN'T CHALLENGE BARCA ON ATTACKING FOOTBALL, SO THE ONLY WAY IS TO DEFEND. DEFEND HOME AND AWAY. OVER TWO LEGS, EVEN THE MOST DEDICATED CHELSEA FAN WILL SAY THAT BARCA WERE THE BETTER TEAM. IF YO GUYS WERE A BIT HONORABLE IN DEFEAT, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN TAUNTED THE WAY YOU ARE RIGHT NOW. WHATS NICE ABOUT CHELSEA. I'D RATHER SUPPORT MIDDLEBRO THAN CHELSEA. BLUE IS THE COLOR.  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue embarassed cry
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by afix(m): 10:42am On May 07, 2009
@toxic guy
Everyone knows that the officiating yesterday wasn't worldclass;is indeed a biased officiating.what you have to know is that if yesterday match is between kano pilllars and niger tonadoes their will blood shed.Ialso agree with u that if chelsea have taken their chances they would have killed of the game.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by toxicguy: 10:47am On May 07, 2009
afix:

@toxic guy
Everyone knows that the officiating yesterday wasn't worldclass;is indeed a biased officiating.what you have to know is that if yesterday match is between kano pilllars and niger tonadoes their will blood shed.Ialso agree with u that if chelsea have taken their chances they would have killed of the game.
THANK YOU. SO TELL THEM TO STOP CRYING OVER PENALTIES. IS THAT WHAT CHELSEA IS ALL ABOUT. LOOKING FOR PENALTIES. WHAT A LOUSY TEAM.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by Omolola1(f): 10:49am On May 07, 2009
UP BARCELONA! UP BARCELONA!!! FOREVER BARCA!!!

That ref's officiating was very bad, imagine giving barca's player RedCArd!!! What the hell did he do?
I bet he just saw that Drogba fell down, and came running like a dog, and the next thing RED CARD!!!!

If it was Niger, they would have beaten the hell out of him! lol

All the same, UP BARCELONA!!! We meet in ROME!!!

Chelksy tried sha  smiley
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by kbobo(m): 10:52am On May 07, 2009
Hi,
Well Barca have been able to secure a place in Rome to play the defending champions.
No doubt it will be a worthy final.
Chelsea yesterday did not take their chances an relied on a false lead.Quite unfortunate for them.Arsenal or Man Utd would have done better with that goal up.
Hard luck Chelsea,See you next Season.
Cheers.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May by Utali(m): 11:06am On May 07, 2009
Just to show the extent of this Cheat,

PADDY POWER REFUND ON CHELSEA AFTER CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FARCE
Posted on: Thu 07 May 2009
Reacting to the astonishing refereeing in last night's Champions League semi-final, top bookie Paddy Power has wasted no time pledging to refund bets placed on Chelsea to win the encounter and to qualify for the Champions League final.
Chelsea, who were on course for a Champions League final encounter with Manchester United, were seemingly denied at least four penalties and then lost out after a 93rd minute winning strike from Barcelona's Andrés Iniesta.
Paddy Power said: 'The refereeing in tonight's match was disgraceful and we're not going to let our punters suffer because of that nonsense. Anyone who backed Chelsea to win in 90 minutes or to qualify for the Champions League final will get their money back.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1650796,00.html

CHELSEA DISCIPLES!!! Remember nobody ever gave us chances,
They said liverpool will eliminate us, we said it is impossible and proved it!
They said Barca will win us at nou camp with 4-0 we said it is impossible and proved it! with a draw,
They said ok, it is operation STAMFORD BRIDGE demolition that Messi will dribble all the players , Barca played real madrid 6-2 , they will play us 4-0
again we said it is impossible and proved it!

Barca had no offing shot on Target,

CHELSEA, pride of London, Love of my life, The Miracle Makers,
Chelsea agbawo dike izu agbaharia Ya
Chelsea obele anu na eju onu
Chelsea, Iru dike na anu mma Oku
Chelsea ofu ndi ana asi una abiago
Chelsea afu dimkpa afu ogologo imi ya
Chelsea enenie nwa ite ome nue oku,

BLUE DISCIPLES KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH,
Let all EPL fans get behind MAN U for this!!! It is obvious that  Platini , that Son of a blasted, mentally deranged, half brained litter of a frigging wh0re is against English teams!! Go check his history when he was a French Player, so lets leave EPL rivaly and stand with our own and Hope they don't get their Entittlement hijacked.
Im sure Ferguson has learnt one or two from our Match

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 23rd April 2017 / Manchester City Vs Fulham (2 - 1) On 5th November 2022 / Sunderland Vs Arsenal (1 - 4) On 29th October 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.