Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I (18627 Views)

Is It Rational To Believe In Afterlife [A Discussion] / Songs Of The Worlds By Johnydon22 / The Untold Story of Job By Johnydon22 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
dalaman:

The afterlife is also just an idea that is imprinted the minds of people just like God that is why there are different ideas and versions of the afterlife. Muslims have had visions of the Islamic heaven, many people that believe in reincarnation speak of its reality. The Dailama is a living example of a reincarnated person. I am just tired of this spiritual mumbo jumbo thrash people keep making along as they go. Show me the incontrovertible evidence. People should stop making things up in order to promote their various ideas of God and the afterlife.

You can't ask for evidence since its clearly spiritual . Duh ??
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
johnydon22:

Same goes to Christians having experiences and seeing muslim Allah instead http://dailycurrant.com/2014/05/05/christian-boy-dies-for-3-minutes-meets-allah-in-heaven/

Or claim they saw a female God instead http://pulse.ng/religion/in-america-catholic-priest-dies-for-48-mins-wakes-up-claiming-god-is-a-woman-id3503570.html

These two stories are false as UyiIredia pointed out . Daily Currant is a satirical site . Ive known the site for a long time . They are sometimes sardonic when it comes to religious issues - a way of mocking religious concepts or beliefs . Not just religion , politics and other societal issues are equally addressed using satires .

Here are more :

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/05/05/christian-boy-dies-for-3-minutes-meets-allah-in-heaven/

http://dailycurrant.com/2013/07/01/nasa-finds-message-from-god-on-mars/

There are actually ignorantly dumb ones that I can't even post here grin .
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 9:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

These two stories are false as UyiIredia pointed out . Daily Currant is a satirical site . Ive known the site for a long time . They are sometimes sardonic when it comes to religious issues - a way of mocking religious concepts or beliefs . Not just religion , politics and other societal issues are equally addressed using satires .

Here are more :

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/05/05/christian-boy-dies-for-3-minutes-meets-allah-in-heaven/

http://dailycurrant.com/2013/07/01/nasa-finds-message-from-god-on-mars/

There are actually ignorantly dumb ones that I can't even post here grin .

And i keep loving it smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 9:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You can't ask for evidence since its clearly spiritual . Duh ??

But somehow you know this yet don't have evidence for it? How does that sound to you?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2015
johnydon22:

But somehow you know this yet don't have evidence for it? How does that sound to you?

There are certain things one must do in a way to connect to his spirit self . Christians can attain a spiritual level by praying or meditating on the word of God or reading the bible .

I have a crazy friend who tells us that he cant describe experiences , you just have to experience them yourself to know what it feels like grin .
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 9:27pm On Nov 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

There are certain things one must do in a way to connect to his spirit self . Christians can attain a spiritual level by praying or meditating on the word of God or reading the bible .

I have a crazy friend who tells us that he cant describe experiences , you just have to experience them yourself to know what it feels like grin .

Lol..ok...
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Krystalzkris(f): 6:14am On Nov 10, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Do you think its reasonable for an atheist to be superstitious ? -That was the question

... and why do you find the god concept illogical ?

for me,i dont think its reasonable.. The idea of god as the world portrays it is sort of clueless.. Many religions claim to have the true god,if they are all right then god is a figment of imagination.

1 Like

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:40am On Nov 10, 2015
Krystalzkris:
for me,i dont think its reasonable.. The idea of god as the world portrays it is sort of clueless.. Many religions claim to have the true god,if they are all right then god is a figment of imagination.

If ?

How about them being all wrong and Christianity is the right one
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 10, 2015
@Johnnydon

The last time I checked this thread it was one 'page 3'. I'll like to avoid the stress of looking through all the pages.

Has anyone provided proofs to support their 'God' claims?

On what page? Pls

1 Like

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 8:27am On Nov 10, 2015
Pyrrho:
@Johnnydon

The last time I checked this thread it was one 'page 3'. I'll like to avoid the stress of looking through all the pages.

On what page? Pls

Lol.. . Nothing much... You know the usual drill...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by frank317: 9:52am On Nov 10, 2015
Pyrrho:
@Johnnydon

On what page? Pls

Lol... Ebuka and Co are busy asking atheist for proove that their God does not exist. How ever, to know he exist you must believe he exists and them this almighty creator will reveal himself to you.

God obviously can do anything but is not capable of revealing himself to those who don't believe.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by hahn(m): 10:23am On Nov 10, 2015
Pyrrho:
@Johnnydon

On what page? Pls

Check page 12. Someone even uploaded a picture of god this time around. Finally, we can all stop arguing. He is indeed real grin
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Krystalzkris(f): 10:24am On Nov 10, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

If ?

How about them being all wrong and Christianity is the right one

really What evidence or proof do you have to show that christianity is the right one.? I mean concrete proof.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 10:29am On Nov 10, 2015
Krystalzkris:
really What evidence or proof do you have to show that christianity is the right one.? I mean concrete proof.

The usual My religion is the right one and others are wrong. . . It is the trademark of all religion..

Betrays stoic emotional conviction of dearly held belief. . . Ask a muslim and he will swear by his butt islam is the only way of life that others are wrong..

That is what happens when everyone is dragging NOTHING, everybody will think they have it but none really have it .

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Krystalzkris(f): 10:41am On Nov 10, 2015
johnydon22:

The usual My religion is the right one and others are wrong. . . It is the trademark of all religion..

Betrays stoic emotional conviction of dearly held belief. . . Ask a muslim and he will swear by his butt islam is the only way of life that others are wrong..

That is what happens when everyone is dragging NOTHING, everybody will think they have it but none really have it .
smileyyea sure.. Bet you, they'v not thought of it..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by hahn(m): 10:55am On Nov 10, 2015
Krystalzkris:
smileyyea sure.. Bet you, they don't think..

Fixed grin
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Krystalzkris(f): 11:46am On Nov 10, 2015
hahn:

Fixed grin
cheesycheesy
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Remilekun101: 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
johnydon22:
Wow... So clothes too also have spirits. . . And the cloth she wore transcended into a spirit cloth plus her style of hair too but somehow her phone didn't right?

good now these attributes of organs suggest then she must have internal organs, she must have a brain, she must have nervous systems, spinal cord and even blood too..

Since she possess all this do i really need to say more how outrightly ridiculous this claim is?

Ok she was a spirit soul?

Since you want physical evidence about afterlife. Lemme ask you a question. Why is it that human physical eyes can't see minute microorganisms unless with aided instruments? And yet you believe that they exist?
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by hahn(m): 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
Remilekun101:

Since you want physical evidence about afterlife. Lemme ask you a question. Why is it that human physical eyes can't see minute microorganisms unless with aided instruments? And yet you believe that they exist?

Duh! That's because they can be seen albeit with the aid of microscopes. Is your god really that small that even powerful microscopes can't enable it to be seen with the naked eyes? undecided
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Remilekun101: 3:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
hahn:

Duh! That's because they can be seen albeit with the aid of microscopes. Is your god really that small that even powerful microscopes can't enable it to be seen with the naked eyes? undecided

hahn. You always jump into conclusion without knowing the cause or discussion.. We are talking about After -Life. When We enter the subject of God i will bring my analogy. Peace
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
hahn:

Check page 12. Someone even uploaded a picture of god this time around. Finally, we can all stop arguing. He is indeed real grin
grin I've seen him there, we do look alike... wait a minute...

Damn my phone! The backlight went off and I saw myself on the screen. Msteewwww it was a mere reflection of myself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by hahn(m): 4:00pm On Nov 10, 2015
Remilekun101:

hahn. You always jump into conclusion without knowing the cause or discussion.. We are talking about After -Life. When We enter the subject of God i will bring my analogy. Peace

The only way what you wrote can make any sense is if you didn't read it. undecided

And I still don't know why we need analogies to describe an all powerful, benovelent god. As if we need analogies to describe the sun *rolls eyes*

1 Like

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
Remilekun101:

You see your first mistake here is equating Micro organisms to non-physical concepts.

Micro-Organisms are also physical values and one necessary do not need to believe they exists . .

Just put your hand inside a Petri dish and confirm . . .

- This argument has taken a desperate turn of trying to equate Physical qualities (Micro- Organism) to non-physical concepts (Spirits.)

- Equating the knowledge of micro-organisms to BELIEF is a totally flawed assertion..

Nobody believes they exist, rather We KNOW because it is a confirmed value... Am gonna ask you to try again, bring another analogy this doesn't do them justice...

It is laughable..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by hahn(m): 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
johnydon22:

It is laughable..

At the very least angry

I don't think these guys realise how much ridicule they put their god concept by equating it with physical bodies. First it was the wind, now it is micro-organisms.

It's pathetic really
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2015
hahn:

At the very least angry

I don't think these guys realise how much ridicule they put their god concept by equating it with physical bodies. First it was the wind, now it is micro-organisms.

It's pathetic really

This is not even about the God existence hullabaloo.. This really has nothing to do with that.

This is about AFTERLIFE (spirity stuff) it is quite independent of belief in God or Gods.

The only thing is that such vague abstract concepts do not have any basis for substantiation and so relies on shabby claims for back-up..

By equating Micro-Organism to the spirity concept i take it Remi dont make Micro- organisms out to be Physical qualities which is quite naive..

Micro-Organisms are as much physical as anything else..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by hahn(m): 4:31pm On Nov 10, 2015
johnydon22:

This is not even about the God existence hullabaloo.. This really has nothing to do with that.

This is about AFTERLIFE (spirity stuff) it is quite independent of belief in God or Gods.

The only thing is that such vague abstract concepts do not have any basis for substantiation and so relies on shabby claims for back-up..

By equating Micro-Organism to the spirity concept i talk it Remi dont make Micro- organisms out to be Physical qualities which is quite naive..

Micro-Organisms are as much physical as anything else..

The discussion is heading in the same direction. If he can prove that there is actually an afterlife then he is a step closer to proving the existence of god. That's the point of the whole thread.

Well, I'll sit back and drink my agbo(I have small malaria) and enjoy the conversation. When he eventually comes with his "then this also means god exists" statement I'll be there to say "I told you so"

grin
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
Remilekun101

Keep trying, think of a better method.

One thing you fail to realise is that Johnnydon can provide better arguments for the existence of God but non of which will make sense without self-deceit.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Krystalzkris(f): 5:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
Remilekun101:

shiiiit... Now he is equating microorganisms with spirits...
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 6:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
hahn:

The discussion is heading in the same direction. If he can prove that there is actually an afterlife then he is a step closer to proving the existence of god. That's the point of the whole thread.

Well, I'll sit back and drink my agbo(I have small malaria) and enjoy the conversation. When he eventually comes with his "then this also means god exists" statement I'll be there to say "I told you so"

grin
The more the better...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Remilekun101: 6:29pm On Nov 10, 2015
johnydon22:

You see your first mistake here is equating Micro organisms to non-physical concepts.

Micro-Organisms are also physical values and one necessary do not need to believe they exists . .

Just put your hand inside a Petri dish and confirm . . .

- This argument has taken a desperate turn of trying to equate Physical qualities (Micro- Organism) to non-physical concepts (Spirits.)

- Equating the knowledge of micro-organisms to BELIEF is a totally flawed assertion..

Nobody believes they exist, rather We KNOW because it is a confirmed value... Am gonna ask you to try again, bring another analogy this doesn't do them justice...

It is laughable..

You know they exist through experiments. Remember my Ouija board. Why don't you create one and try to talk to any departed ones. Then you will KNOW
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:28pm On Nov 10, 2015
Krystalzkris:

Because I experience it ... its actually perpetual and it only gets better . If I can , you can
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Because I experience it ... its actually perpetual and it only gets better . If I can , you can
Same 5hit my weed guy tells me.. always gets me everytime..

then i go home, light up and still the same old sh1t..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare / What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? / 10 Types Of People Who Search For Bible Verses In Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.