Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,952 members, 7,814,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I (18633 Views)

Is It Rational To Believe In Afterlife [A Discussion] / Songs Of The Worlds By Johnydon22 / The Untold Story of Job By Johnydon22 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by hahn(m): 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

This keeps getting interesting . Thanks for the response again . But I need to know the views of other atheists . cc : plaetton , hahn , davien , dalaman , ifeness , kay17 , (frank317 lipsrsealed) , freecocoa , Krystalzkris, menesheh , Goosebaba , macof .

Science has nothing to do with a lack of belief in god and to be quite honest with you I have NEVER read nor researched on the big bang theory. The closest I got to doing so was the comic series grin. Plus I'm not too fond of science nor have interest in it like some other people, i'm more of a business person. Check my siggy grin . I just don't believe there is a god. Simple.

PS: I agree totally with johnnydon22. The big bang theory is exactly what it is, a theory. undecided

1 Like

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by GooseBaba: 5:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

This keeps getting interesting . Thanks for the response again . But I need to know the views of other atheists . cc : plaetton , hahn , davien , dalaman , ifeness , kay17 , (frank317 lipsrsealed) , freecocoa , Krystalzkris, menesheh , Goosebaba , macof .

Nna, Bros....

So anyone who thinks abrahamics gods can go fuvk themselves are atheist...,? undecided
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by UyiIredia(m): 6:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
hahn:

Let me tell you one absurd story.

My wife's father's pastor lost his wife in a ghastly accident. He told me they were together when she decided to buy something to cook dinner while he was preparing for service. He waited for about 3 hours and she didn't show up. He called her number but it was unavailable. Then he decided to go and look for her. When he got outside of the house, someone told him there had been a serious accident just in front of the house and told him the hospital to check. He then decided to go to the hospital to see for himself. The first body he was shown was that of his wife. Honestly, it was devastating. They've been married for years and have 5 kids together.

Now, while I was at the house(he came to my in-laws house), I over heard him telling some ladies that his wife appeared to him in a dream and told him that she is now in heaven. He also said that his wife told him that she was found pure and holy but wouldn't have made heaven because of the weave-on on her head but god forgave her and told him to warn women not to put on weave-on. undecided

Frank317, ifeness, plaetton, menesheh, shollyps I need your input on this. Despite the fact that I find this truly disturbing, I feel he just needed a way to cope with the situation. However, I still feel funny about the whole thing.

What makes you feel funny?
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by UyiIredia(m): 6:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
johnydon22:

And nobody ever told your dad about Jesus before? ...funny...

Oh the Joseph fable, i take it you will do same when an angel appears to you and tell you your fiancée got pregnant by God..

Yeah you so will believe that, still more believe how the writer of the gospel get to know so well what Joseph dreamt about.

You see employing these beliefs of your religion as a basis is more like backing up your claims with more claims..

Same goes to Christians having experiences and seeing muslim Allah instead http://dailycurrant.com/2014/05/05/christian-boy-dies-for-3-minutes-meets-allah-in-heaven/

Or claim they saw a female God instead http://pulse.ng/religion/in-america-catholic-priest-dies-for-48-mins-wakes-up-claiming-god-is-a-woman-id3503570.html

Or some claim there saw hundred versions of heaven, some claim to have visited ancestral lands..

these claims is as feeble as it is childish and in no way adds any weight to the claims of such things in fact it debunks it.

It has shown not to be anymore than illusionary projection that coincides to the fears or psychological add ups of the individual involved..

Such profound hope is touching. . . I begin to wish so too.. i really do..

Some claims will be false this is why there is a need to separate the wheat from the chaff. It doesn't follow that all claims of visions of heaven are false and illusory. Your materialism simply blinds you to the fact.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
UyiIredia:

Some claims will be false this is why there is a need to separate the wheat from the chaff. It doesn't follow that all claims of visions of heaven are false and illusory. Your materialism simply blinds you to the fact.

Yeah thats why you think claims of vision of your own version of heaven is the correct one others are mere false claims.

This actually speaks tons on the emotionality of religious beliefs . . . You dismiss others as false in order to maintain yours as true...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by hahn(m): 6:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
UyiIredia:

What makes you feel funny?

The psychological cushion created by the pastor in order to deal with his loss was as a result of an illusion he created for himself.

It made me feel funny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by UyiIredia(m): 7:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
hahn:

The psychological cushion created by the pastor in order to deal with his loss was as a result of an illusion he created for himself.

It made me feel funny

Not all dreams are as a result of psychological cushions. Don't be naive as Freud was. There are lots of stoic Christians and many more stoic believers.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by menesheh(m): 7:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
hahn:

Let me tell you one absurd story.

My wife's father's pastor lost his wife in a ghastly accident. He told me they were together when she decided to buy something to cook dinner while he was preparing for service. He waited for about 3 hours and she didn't show up. He called her number but it was unavailable. Then he decided to go and look for her. When he got outside of the house, someone told him there had been a serious accident just in front of the house and told him the hospital to check. He then decided to go to the hospital to see for himself. The first body he was shown was that of his wife. Honestly, it was devastating. They've been married for years and have 5 kids together.

Now, while I was at the house(he came to my in-laws house), I over heard him telling some ladies that his wife appeared to him in a dream and told him that she is now in heaven. He also said that his wife told him that she was found pure and holy but wouldn't have made heaven because of the weave-on on her head but god forgave her and told him to warn women not to put on weave-on. undecided

Frank317, ifeness, plaetton, menesheh, shollyps I need your input on this. Despite the fact that I find this truly disturbing, I feel he just needed a way to cope with the situation. However, I still feel funny about the whole thing.

First of all, coincidental unforeseen lethal phenomenon can happen to anybody anytime not minding any sort of ideology one hold strongly or how one thinks and express wishful thoughts. Am extending my condolence to you and other members of the family affected.

Unpredictable events happen always both here on earth and in the outer space. She met her dead end in a series of such phenomena happening every spirit of a second around the world. I always tell people that whenever one start claiming reality of stuffs about dreams and some events as a real message from the unseen unknowable realm, how can they possibly be so sure they are right and not wrong about their conclusion.

It is a crazy assertion that she shouldn't have made it to the imagery heaven because of weaves she put on. How can he possibly demonstrate that a god somewhere have forgiven her for mere putting on beauty appliance on her body.

All these are crazy stuffs people employ to cushion their bad feelings and emotions about lost loved ones.

Afterall he deserve his right to claim anything about his wife and utopia sort of realm she is probably existing now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by hahn(m): 8:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
menesheh:

First of all, coincidental unforeseen lethal phenomenon can happen to anybody anytime not minding any sort of ideology one hold strongly or how one thinks and express wishful thoughts. Am extending my condolence to you and other members of the family affected.

Unpredictable events happen always both here on earth and in the outer space. She met her dead end in a series of such phenomena happening every spirit of a second around the world. I always tell people that whenever one start claiming reality of stuffs about dreams and some events as a real message from the unseen unknowable realm, how can they possibly be so sure they are right and not wrong about their conclusion.

It is a crazy assertion that she shouldn't have made it to the imagery heaven because of weaves she put on. How can he possibly demonstrate that a god somewhere have forgiven her for mere putting on beauty appliance on her body.

All these are crazy stuffs people employ to cushion their bad feelings and emotions about lost loved ones.

Afterall he deserve his right to claim anything about his wife and utopia sort of realm she is probably existing now.

Exactly what I thought.

Besides, Indians believe god loves hair undecided

Natural one sha grin

Where have you been?
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by menesheh(m): 8:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
hahn:

Exactly what I thought.

Besides, Indians believe god loves hair undecided

Natural one sha grin

Where have you been?

yea different concepts with varieties of tenets that have zero bearing with anything if objectively evaluated.

Am pretty much busy with the source of my livelihood grin

Buhari government is implicitly milking my BIZ down Bruh grin

Help me talk to him. I noticed he is your role model.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by freecocoa(f): 8:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
hahn:

Science has nothing to do with a lack of belief in god and to be quite honest with you I have NEVER read nor researched on the big bang theory. The closest I got to doing so was the comic series grin. Plus I'm not too fond of science nor have interest in it like some other people, i'm more of a business person. Check my siggy grin . I just don't believe there is a god. Simple.

PS: I agree totally with johnnydon22. The big bang theory is exactly what it is, a theory. undecided

Thank you very much, I do love science but that doesn't mean every decision on this matter stems from that, I don't know how this is too big for someone to understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by freecocoa(f): 8:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

My being atheist is about using reason,(sound logic).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
Dalaman is here . We should be expecting his replies
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by freecocoa(f): 9:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
GooseBaba:

Nna, Bros....

So anyone who thinks abrahamics gods can go fuvk themselves are atheist...,? undecided
I wonder o.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by hahn(m): 9:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
menesheh:

yea different concepts with varieties of tenets that have zero bearing with anything if objectively evaluated.

Am pretty much busy with the source of my livelihood grin

Buhari government is implicitly milking my BIZ down Bruh grin

Help me talk to him. I noticed he is your role model.

Get in line bro. My own biz is also down o. He is not my role model but he is definitely better than the clueless one. Imagine if we were under that clown undecided

I'm in need of just 20k and everyone I've called is either broke or broke. E be as e get
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by hahn(m): 9:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
freecocoa:
Thank you very much, I do love science but that doesn't mean every decision on this matter stems from that, I don't know how this is too big for someone to understand.

Apparently, there are lots of things that are hard to understand for some people undecided
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by freecocoa(f): 9:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
Remilekun101:

Let me share this personal experience.

Last year August I travelled to Abuja between lokoja to Abuja. An accident happened and a woman died(her brain busted out). While standing and looking at the rescue team doing their work. My inner eyes opened and I saw the same woman standing by her body looking confused and crying but she noticed someone was looking at her and she turned towards me asking me what happened. I told her and also said an heart felt prayer for her and she departed Could you explain if that was an illusion? Hahn
grin grin grin
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by menesheh(m): 9:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
hahn:

Get in line bro. My own biz is also down o. He is not my role model but he is definitely better than the clueless one. Imagine if we were under that clown undecided

I'm in need of just 20k and everyone I've called is either broke or broke. E be as e get

Hahn!!! too harsh for an ex-president of this nation.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by hahn(m): 9:57pm On Nov 08, 2015
menesheh:

Hahn!!! too harsh for an ex-president of this nation.

What would you have said if I had said what I was REALLY thinking? grin
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by menesheh(m): 10:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
hahn:

What would you have said if I had said what I was REALLY thinking? grin

you may be wrong in your thinking
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by dalaman: 10:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
Dalaman is here . We should be expecting his replies

The afterlife is also just an idea that is imprinted the minds of people just like God that is why there are different ideas and versions of the afterlife. Muslims have had visions of the Islamic heaven, many people that believe in reincarnation speak of its reality. The Dailama is a living example of a reincarnated person. I am just tired of this spiritual mumbo jumbo thrash people keep making along as they go. Show me the incontrovertible evidence. People should stop making things up in order to promote their various ideas of God and the afterlife.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
dalaman:

The afterlife is also just an idea that is imprinted the minds of people just like God that is why there are different ideas and versions of the afterlife. Muslims have had visions of the Islamic heaven, many people that believe in reincarnation speak of its reality. The Dalailama is a living example of a reincarnated person. I am just tired of this spiritual mumbo jumbo thrash people keep making along as they go. So me the incontrovertible evidence. People should stop making things up in oder to promote their various ideas of God and the afterlife.

Am actually talking of an atheist being superstitious . Does it make any sense to you ?
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by hahn(m): 10:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
menesheh:

you may be wrong in your thinking

Well, it doesn't change the fact that the economy is on "pause". As far as I'm concerned fvck everyone from the Daura President to our ancestors who sat back and allowed colonial rule. Kudos to the brave ones who fought even if they lost. In the sign of true patriotism I dedicate this to them

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

grin

3 Likes

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by dalaman: 10:46pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Am actually talking of an atheist being superstitious . Does it make any sense to you ?

Nope it doesn't, but some atheist that are spiritual. They are more like deist in their world view.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by frank317: 7:46am On Nov 09, 2015
freecocoa:

Its quite natural for someone like Ebuka not to understand. Some people are deliberately dumb and hard headed. When someone chooses to just believe without probing then you will have a hard time making sense to him since he does not like things that make sense.
Ebuka is the kind that wakes up and decides to believe the sun is green, nothing will change that no matter how hard u try to explain.
Recall once he thought dalman was a Muslim, it became his reality. That's the kind of person he is. Think it and it automatically becomes fact.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by grailife(m): 4:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
As a farmer, i believe in afterlife because when u put a seed of mango to the ground, it will decay and brings out new life which is the mango tree, also Jesus raised the dead and rose from death
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Krystalzkris(f): 5:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

just seeing this... I'm atheist and its because i find the god concept illogical..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Remilekun101: 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
Krystalzkris:
just seeing this... I'm atheist and its because i find the god concept illogical..

What is logic?
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Krystalzkris(f): 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
Remilekun101:

What is logic?
get a dictionary.. Or better still google it...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Krystalzkris(f): 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
Remilekun101:

What is logic?
get a dictionary.. Or better still google it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:00pm On Nov 09, 2015
Krystalzkris:

Do you think its reasonable for an atheist to be superstitious ? -That was the question

... and why do you find the god concept illogical ?
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
dalaman:

Nope it doesn't, but some atheist that are spiritual. They are more like deist in their world view.

cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare / What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? / 10 Types Of People Who Search For Bible Verses In Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.