Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,952 members, 7,814,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I (18632 Views)

Is It Rational To Believe In Afterlife [A Discussion] / Songs Of The Worlds By Johnydon22 / The Untold Story of Job By Johnydon22 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by ichommy(m): 10:18am On Nov 08, 2015
Tot u re atheist grin
Shollyps:
lol...am okay o...make I no high to Church.. na me be the preacher today
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 10:20am On Nov 08, 2015
frank317:

Thanks... I think this is the first description of a spirit. Finally.
So form your statement I can say that spirits wear cloths too or are the cloths spiritual? Spirits can cry, that means spirits have tear gland and they speak English too.
In fact from this, I can come to a conclusion that spirits are humans to just that they can't be seen with ordinary eyes.
Further, what in the world is inner eyes. Where is my own inner eyes. In which part of the body is this inner eyes located?

You see in a desperate attempt to lay claims to some unfounded beliefs people tend to assume up more absurdities to feed such delusion.

A woman died and someone has a spirit that also has eyes, nose, brain, mouth, stomach, spinal cord, buttocks, pusssssy, legs and even internal organs and blood..

And someone is proud of bringing this out in public?... Shhhessssh...!!!

Wears clothes but doesn't have a phone and there was no spirit car but there were spirit clothes..

This is absurd... Humongous effects of Nollywood and hollywood movies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Shollyps(m): 10:28am On Nov 08, 2015
hahn:

Yes. You are bright. Johnnydon22 and plaetton will be our first "miracles". Menesheh, frank317 and ifeness can help us with officiating.

The tithe and offering is the koko oooo and we just need to come up with some good products like holy urine, blessed poo poo, gutter water for sanctification etc grin
lol....you will av to introduce first "SEED"first FRUIT bla bla bla...don't also forget the sowing of seeds...gifts for the pastors...we gonna sell materials for prayer aswell....chaii! we don hammer o!
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Shollyps(m): 10:29am On Nov 08, 2015
ichommy:
Tot u re atheist grin
lol......do I sound like one?
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by hahn(m): 10:31am On Nov 08, 2015
johnydon22:

You see in a desperate attempt to lay claims to some unfounded beliefs people tend to assume up more absurdities to feed such delusion.

A woman died and someone has a spirit that also has eyes, nose, brain, mouth, stomach, spinal cord, buttocks, pusssssy, legs and even internal organs and blood..

And someone is proud of bringing this out in public?... Shhhessssh...!!!

Wears clothes but doesn't have a phone and there was no spirit car but there were spirit clothes..

This is absurd...

Let me tell you one absurd story.

My wife's father's pastor lost his wife in a ghastly accident. He told me they were together when she decided to buy something to cook dinner while he was preparing for service. He waited for about 3 hours and she didn't show up. He called her number but it was unavailable. Then he decided to go and look for her. When he got outside of the house, someone told him there had been a serious accident just in front of the house and told him the hospital to check. He then decided to go to the hospital to see for himself. The first body he was shown was that of his wife. Honestly, it was devastating. They've been married for years and have 5 kids together.

Now, while I was at the house(he came to my in-laws house), I over heard him telling some ladies that his wife appeared to him in a dream and told him that she is now in heaven. He also said that his wife told him that she was found pure and holy but wouldn't have made heaven because of the weave-on on her head but god forgave her and told him to warn women not to put on weave-on. undecided

Frank317, ifeness, plaetton, menesheh, shollyps I need your input on this. Despite the fact that I find this truly disturbing, I feel he just needed a way to cope with the situation. However, I still feel funny about the whole thing.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by hahn(m): 10:33am On Nov 08, 2015
Shollyps:
lol....you will av to introduce first "SEED"first FRUIT bla bla bla...don't also forget the sowing of seeds...gifts for the pastors...we gonna sell materials for prayer aswell....chaii! we don hammer o!

Yippeee! grin
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by frank317: 10:57am On Nov 08, 2015
hahn:

My wife's father's pastor lost his wife in a ghastly accident. He told me they were together when she decided to buy something to cook dinner while he was preparing for service. He waited for about 3 hours and she didn't show up. He called her number but it was unavailable. Then he decided to go and look for her. When he got outside of the house, someone told him there had been a serious accident just in front of the house and told him the hospital to check. He then decided to go to the hospital to see for himself. The first body he was shown was that of his wife. Honestly, it was devastating. They've been married for years and have 5 kids together.

Now, while I was at the house(he came to my in-laws house), I over heard him telling some ladies that his wife appeared to him in a dream and told him that she is now in heaven. He also said that his wife told him that she was found pure and holy but wouldn't have made heaven because of the weave-on on her head but god forgave her and told him to warn women not to put on weave-on. undecided

Frank317, ifeness, plaetton, menesheh, shollyps I need your input on this. Despite the fact that I find this truly disturbing, I feel he just needed a way to cope with the situation. However, I still feel funny about the whole thing.

That's what it was... A dream. Nothing can be said about it. I also had a dream where I was flying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 08, 2015
hahn:

I think the problem we have is people still using the terminology of the medieval era. Ghost,Spirits,God is nothing but ancient way of describing what they feel or experience.

Talking about the possibility of seeing a Ghost.... When an atom or object spins on a pivoted point at a very high speed,it becomes invincible to those objects that doesn't match that speed or frequency. When a person dies/leaves the low vibrating matter/body/vehicle it automatically is in a high vibration state.

However a Ghost is a conscious object that has reduced his vibration to become visible to the frequency of a human. And of course that state will be termed as an heavenly state because it is limitless. If the story were true,the woman was describing her state to her husband in the term he will understand. Sometimes its best to communicate to a child the way he/she will understand.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by hahn(m): 10:58am On Nov 08, 2015
frank317:

That's what it was... A dream. Nothing can be said about it. I also had a dream where I was flying.

Lol. But the problem was he was telling it to them like it was a fact undecided
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by UyiIredia(m): 11:06am On Nov 08, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]

Lmao... Near death experiences is your best shot at it? . . Pretty cheap..

We have so many of such accounts with different versions of the tale coming from different individuals with different beliefs.

-Near death experiences is mostly on patients with heart attack..

-Clinical death is not actual death, every organ in the body can stop working and resume afterwards.

-The brain being the box of human perception, memory and neurosensitive abilities is the box of human illusionary projection doesn't die with any part of the body, the brain remains the last part of the body to die.

Yeah we have heard near death patients and we have different versions of what they saw mostly being in coincide with their different beliefs.

One even saw that God was female, other saw Muslim God and heaven while some saw Jesus and it goes to different versions of religious afterlife ideas in relation to each individual's psychology..

Many have also claimed to have reincanated

Try again..
[/b]

So what? Jesus is God incarnate in the flesh. I think you should take a closer look at NDE accounts to see their similarities. BTW don't rule out experiences of re afterlife through dreams and visions. Jesus showed heaven to my father in a dream, he didn't die, though he's late now. Also the brain is one of the first organs to die not the last, Google it to confirm.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 08, 2015
UyiIredia:

So what? Jesus is God incarnate in the flesh. I think you should take a closer look at NDE accounts to see their similarities. BTW don't rule out experiences of re afterlife through dreams and visions. Jesus showed heaven to my father in a dream, he didn't die, though he's late now. Also the brain is one of the first organs to die not the last, Google it to confirm.

Do you know why it is not true? Jesus wasn't real. Jesus is not a Jewish name. Jesus was manufactured by the Romans.

However,"God",as the ancient man termed it is different to the "God state" Christians mean. The state of peace,happiness,love,compassion,sexual fulfillment etc is the real God. If you are dwelling on the medieval terminology,you are only wasting your time. It is time to investigate your belief systems. You seem an intelligent dude

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Shollyps(m): 11:19am On Nov 08, 2015
hahn:

its just a dream.....or its a makeup story....
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 11:35am On Nov 08, 2015
UyiIredia:

So what? Jesus is God incarnate in the flesh. I think you should take a closer look at NDE accounts to see their similarities.

You see? all your own argument revolves around your own beliefs, others also lay out claims that goes in coincide to their own beliefs..

A muslim would see allah, even a Hellenistic believer would see Zeus and Igbo traditionalists claim to have been to the land of the ancestors and back... these are always in relation to the person's psychological tilt..

BTW don't rule out experiences of re afterlife through dreams and visions. Jesus showed heaven to my father in a dream, he didn't die, though he's late now.

I am to start taking your dad's dream serious now? Many people also have dreams about their own version of afterlife... Brain also is responsible for dreams..

Am Sorry about your dad...

Also the brain is one of the first organs to die not the last, Google it to confirm.
You see why i warned against confident naive assertions, the brain fails when it lacks sufficient oxygen in a body.

Brain death takes minutes and is different from brain failure. .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 12:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
hahn:

Now, while I was at the house(he came to my in-laws house), I over heard him telling some ladies that his wife appeared to him [size=20]in a dream[/size] and told him that she is now in heaven. He also said that his wife told him that she was found pure and holy but wouldn't have made heaven because of the weave-on on her head but god forgave her and told him to warn women not to put on weave-on. undecided

grin

1 Like

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by manmustwac(m): 1:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

This is not a reasonable question
Please explain to me what is not reasonable about my question? How can you believe there's an afterlife when you don't believe there's a before life? In other words you know there's no such thing as a before life because there's no evidence that it exists. Therefore for the same reason there is no such thing as an after life.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by ichommy(m): 1:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
Shollyps:
lol......do I sound like one?
You just broke rule number 6. Dont answer Question with Question.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2015
manmustwac:
Please explain to me what is not reasonable about my question? How can you believe there's an afterlife when you don't believe there's a before life? In other words you know there's no such thing as a before life because there's no evidence that it exists. Therefore for the same reason there is no such thing as an after life.

Reasoning at its finest
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
johnydon22:

You are just so cutely naive about things that i wonder why you should lay out naive confident assertions, in your tiny mind atheists means you don't believe in spirity stuffs.

Well for your information atheism simply means One who do not believe in Gods.

There are dozens of atheists who believe in Spirits, Voodoo, demons, even afterlife and reincarnation.

these are personal beliefs and has nothing to do with one being atheistic or theistic, there are theists who don't believe in those it doesn't make them any less theistic any more than believing them makes one any less atheistic.

Let me hope you won't still put ATHEISTS as a label for those who don't believe in spirity stuff because it sells you off to be quite naive about it all.

Because they do not know what they believe in . If someone just believes in God and rejects the supernatural events concerned with religion , he is a deist . That is not theism it is deism . An atheist can never believe in entities such as ghosts , demons because they associated with the supernatural . And their existence cannot be explained naturally.

Please stop writing stuff boldly in a forum like this . UyiIredia is not naive , you are the one who is . And the fact it was boldly written makes it more embarrassing .

And 3 'likes' and 5 'shares' show how desperate the typical gullible naive atheist on Nairaland is . They are ready to support your comment as far as its against the view of the religious
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by manmustwac(m): 1:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Reasoning at its finest
Na you sabi
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 1:53pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Because they do not know what they believe in . If someone just believes in God and rejects the supernatural events concerned with religion , he is a deist .

Here we go. . . Deism asserts a God who is not interested in human affairs and therefore rejects theistic claims of miracles and so on..

Jehovah witnesses do not share your idea of Life after death, they are very much theistic, your own confusion stems from quantifying Theism with belief in your own stipulated supernatural events ..

That is not theism it is deism . An atheist can never believe in entities such as ghosts , demons because they associated with the supernatural . And their existence cannot be explained naturally.
Still banking on such naive mindset. . .

Atheism has nothing to do with belief in ghosts and other spirity mumbo jumbo....

what makes one atheistic is "Disbelief in Gods"

Buddhism in no way asserts a creator God but yet has the concept of spirits and other ghost mumbo jumbo..... does this make buddhism theism?

There are many theists, in fact Christians who don't think ghosts are real. . . You only have that mindset because you think there is.

Your belief in ghosts is not in any way a determining factor of theism. learn that..

Belief in spirits is independent of belief in Gods..

Please stop writing stuff boldly in a forum like this . UyiIredia is not naive , you are the one who is . And the fact it was boldly written makes it more embarrassing .

So far i think it is clear the one who thinks theism must include belief in ghost is the naive one.. the thread is quite open.

Am sure we have theistic individuals who don't think ghosts are real that will read this.. I suggest you take your advice..

And 3 'likes' and 5 'shares' show desperate the typical gullible naive atheist on Nairaland is . They are ready to support your comment as far as its against the view of the religious

I believe you have issues with people liking comments that negates your views, if it gets to you that much you can beg them to stop... You have been crying about it since you entered here, never knew some are disturbed over it..

Complaining about it won't help you..

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Shollyps(m): 2:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
ichommy:

You just broke rule number 6.
Dont answer Question with Question.
lol...serious? I am not aware of it o.....am not an atheist...I don't know where I belong to......wat about you?
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by UyiIredia(m): 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Because they do not know what they believe in . If someone just believes in God and rejects the supernatural events concerned with religion , he is a deist . That is not theism it is deism . An atheist can never believe in entities such as ghosts , demons because they associated with the supernatural . And their existence cannot be explained naturally.

And 3 'likes' and 5 'shares' show how desperate the typical gullible naive atheist on Nairaland is . They are ready to support your comment as far as its against the view of the religious

Let them like themselves; it doesn't make their stance any less silly. I used to argue on Richard Dawkins site, they usually banned Christians when they got owned; it happened to me on two occasions. The site is no more existent, confusion came in their midst and now it's all a memory. The new site is just a place they gather to mock or criticize religion. Give it time faith, think in terms of eternity, faith will have the last

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:53pm On Nov 08, 2015
So johnydon22 . From your response I deduced that some atheists are superstitious . Please , am I wrong ?

johnydon22:

There are dozens of atheists who believe in Spirits, Voodoo, demons, even afterlife and reincarnation.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:53pm On Nov 08, 2015
UyiIredia:

Let them like themselves; it doesn't make their stance any less silly. I used to argue on Richard Dawkins site, they usually banned Christians when they got owned; it happened to me on two occasions. The site is no more existent, confusion came in their midst and now it's all a memory. The new site is just a place they gather to mock or criticize religion. Give it time faith, think in terms of eternity, faith will have the last

thanks smiley
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by UyiIredia(m): 2:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
johnydon22:

You see? all your own argument revolves around your own beliefs, others also lay out claims that goes in coincide to their own beliefs..

A muslim would see allah, even a Hellenistic believer would see Zeus and Igbo traditionalists claim to have been to the land of the ancestors and back... these are always in relation to the person's psychological tilt..

I am to start taking your dad's dream serious now? Many people also have dreams about their own version of afterlife... Brain also is responsible for dreams..

Am Sorry about your dad...

You see why i warned against confident naive assertions, the brain fails when it lacks sufficient oxygen in a body.

Brain death takes minutes and is different from brain failure. .

My dad was a pagan, he didn't dream of pagan heaven with his ancestors, he drram of Jesus and heaven which he didn't believe. He isn't the only one. Joseph wanted to put away Mary and he had a dream urging him otherwise. Muslims and atheists experience NDE's where they see Jesus and heaven. Why ignore that? The vast differences in people's NDE experience shows that God transcends the boxes of various religions, it's only a mind trapped in a that will insist it means it's all hogwash. No probe about my Dad I expect to see him again.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 3:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
So johnydon22 . From your response I deduced that some atheists are superstitious . Please , am I wrong ?

Yes very true, many atheists are superstitious as well as many theists are not.

You people tend to mistake atheism to mean scientific inclined individual or there about but this isn't so..

Atheist simply means one doesn't believe in personal Gods...

What thing that person believes or disbelieves has no relation to that.. because many atheists tend to lean on the side of employing scientific explanations doesn't mean all of them does.

Though these might be relatively few in relation to those who don't because some just tend to employ scientific skepticism on such premises as well.

I think we have one of such atheists here.. folkaze something like that.. he is an atheists but believes in Ogun charm spirit stuffs..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 3:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
UyiIredia:

My dad was a pagan, he didn't dream of pagan heaven with his ancestors, he drram of Jesus and heaven which he didn't believe.

And nobody ever told your dad about Jesus before? ...funny...

He isn't the only one. Joseph wanted to put away Mary and he had a dream urging him otherwise.
Oh the Joseph fable, i take it you will do same when an angel appears to you and tell you your fiancée got pregnant by God..

Yeah you so will believe that, still more believe how the writer of the gospel get to know so well what Joseph dreamt about.

You see employing these beliefs of your religion as a basis is more like backing up your claims with more claims..

Muslims and atheists experience NDE's where they see Jesus and heaven. Why ignore that? The vast differences in people's NDE experience shows that God transcends the boxes of various religions, it's only a mind trapped in a that will insist it means it's all hogwash.

Same goes to Christians having experiences and seeing muslim Allah instead http://dailycurrant.com/2014/05/05/christian-boy-dies-for-3-minutes-meets-allah-in-heaven/

Or claim they saw a female God instead http://pulse.ng/religion/in-america-catholic-priest-dies-for-48-mins-wakes-up-claiming-god-is-a-woman-id3503570.html

Or some claim there saw hundred versions of heaven, some claim to have visited ancestral lands..

these claims is as feeble as it is childish and in no way adds any weight to the claims of such things in fact it debunks it.

It has shown not to be anymore than illusionary projection that coincides to the fears or psychological add ups of the individual involved..

No probe about my Dad I expect to see him again.

Such profound hope is touching. . . I begin to wish so too.. i really do..

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
johnydon22:
Yes very true, many atheists are superstitious as well as many theists are not.

You people tend to mistake atheism to mean scientific inclined individual or there about but this isn't so..

Atheist simply means one doesn't believe in personal Gods...

What thing that person believes or disbelieves has no relation to that.. because many atheists tend to lean on the side of employing scientific explanations doesn't mean all of them does.

Though these might be relatively few in relation to those who don't because some just tend to employ scientific skepticism on such premises as well.

I think we have one of such atheists here.. folkaze something like that.. he is an atheists but believes in Ogun charm spirit stuffs..

This keeps getting interesting . Thanks for the response again . But I need to know the views of other atheists . cc : plaetton , hahn , davien , dalaman , ifeness , kay17 , (frank317 lipsrsealed) , freecocoa , Krystalzkris, menesheh , Goosebaba , macof .
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 3:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

This keeps getting interesting . Thanks for the response again . But I need to know the views of other atheists . cc : plaetton , hahn , davien , dalaman , ifeness , kay17 , (frank317 lipsrsealed) , freecocoa , Krystalzkris, menesheh , Goosebaba , macof .
I don't think any of them would say otherwise because they all know science has nothing to do with someone being atheistic. . I have always been saying this.

That mistake comes mostly from Theists who mistake atheism to mean scientism which is untrue..

Atheism simply is disbelief in Gods ... Many of them just tend to rely on science and consistent logic and skepticism to make sense of the world.

This is why theists always assume anybody who is an atheist is an evolutionist forgetting there are many people who are not atheists (christians, muslims etc)but yet are evolutionists...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by donnffd(m): 3:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
hahn:

A dream is just that , a dream, we associate meanings to dreams when there shouldn't be any. Dreams are not supernatural, they are a result of chemical processes in the brain. So I wouldn't bother myself dwelling on that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by ichommy(m): 4:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
Shollyps:
lol...serious? I am not aware of it o.....am not an atheist...I don't know where I belong to......wat about you?

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by hahn(m): 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
donnffd:

A dream is just that , a dream, we associate meanings to dreams when there shouldn't be any. Dreams are not supernatural, they are a result of chemical processes in the brain. So I wouldn't bother myself dwelling on that

I'm not dwelling on it. The fact that he was presenting it as a fact and that most Christians use such things to cope was what was bothering me.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare / What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? / 10 Types Of People Who Search For Bible Verses In Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.