Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another (66025 Views)

Man Shares Throwback Photos Of Himself And Wife From 5 Years Ago / She Had 2 Abortions For Him, She's Pregnant Again & He Wants Another Abortion / How To Discover She Is A Runs Girl Without Much Stress. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by lastpage: 10:57pm On Nov 02, 2015
daretodiffer:

Blame your lawyer if you get screwed upundecided.

In the UK, unless she lived the life of a billionaire wife without contributing anything then I am sorry if you lose some of your properties. The court will consider what she had lost before marriage (like sold her home to live when you) and what she lost during marriage, you are definitely going to lose something of you encouraged her to sit down all day and stay beautiful for you. However if she worked, you will be lucky. Also if you had an agreement, the court is likely to enforce it.

In the US, the court have a wider discretion hence the unfairness in some cases and it is left for your lawyer to use the law for its purpose.
I think they imprison defaulters based on public policy.

I believe this whole thing is your fault. What have you done to challenge the legal system?undecided We don't have issues like these in Belgium, Netherlands and other eu countries.cheesy

It is very common in all "Western" Europe!
Stop saying what you are not privy to please.

The court imposes jail-time ....to first, "send out a strong message" that they would not tolerate it...
and secondly, to relieve the Govt of such expenses because such payment is taken into consideration in giving her "child Benefits, Lone Parent allowance," and other sundry 'free money' a divorced woman get from the government.
The more money they can get from the man, the less the Govt will have to cough-out
undecided undecided

That 'free money' is what actually pushes most women in these countries, into breaking up and otherwise still amenable marriage undergoing turbulence!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 02, 2015
icedbeatz:
you don't have to insult him because he never mentioned your moniker and you're not the only female on this thread so why would you claim to be the one he's referring to? let's try to be civil.

I am the only one that have been quoting him and going up and down on this thread. He called me insolent but was not brave enough to mention my moniker.

I forgot to tell you that you could also put your properties in a trust to avoid paying excessive fees. Also, you need to look at the purpose of the law before fighting it. If you know the law instead of basing your knowledge on one man's experience, you might end of doing yourself a disfavour and also you will be prepared to face whatever comes at you.

1 Like

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by lastpage: 11:01pm On Nov 02, 2015
icedbeatz:
Man billions of youngin's need to soak up knowledge about life I swear. Imagine a case were a broke asss bitchh that the husband divorced 25years ago came back to sue the man after she got to know that the man is now a multi millionaire?! this man made the millions 7-8 years after their divorce and the court had to order this innocent man to pay for the lawyers that his ex wife hired?!? and he had no other option than to pay for the lawyers that were hired to crucify ND extort him?!? this particular case just literally drives me nuts I swear.

The man should have re-married and ascribe the wealth to the efforts of him and his new wife, that way, let me see how she wants to take what belongs to another woman like her.

You use fire to fight another fire .... just make sure you have a fire-extinguisher nearby, when the second fire starts getting out of control! grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by lastpage: 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
EgunMogaji:

The courts have the address but the onus is on who sues you to notify you and then submit proof to the court.

So if the person is morally flexible then they can just lie that you were served. Now you can mount a defense in court to appeal the issue. The bone of contention is the time and effort it takes especially considering you don't live in that state. So being that the monies are "for the best interest of the child" anyways you just let it go. It ends and soon grin

I've always believed that the courts should be the ones serving defendants and using sworn officers but they too lie. So here is where we are.

Women have exploited this loophole for ages, to take advantage of their estranged husband.

In some countries now, you must show proof that you have his "correct address" before the court would allow you start the proceedings!

I guess we are all learning very fast!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 02, 2015
lastpage:

The court imposes jail-time ....to first, "send out a strong message" that they would not tolerate it...
and secondly, to relieve the Govt of such expenses because such payment is taken into consideration in giving her "child Benefits, Lone Parent allowance," and other sundry 'free money' a divorced woman get from the government.
The more money they can get from the man, the less the Govt will have to cough-out
undecided undecided

That 'free money' is what actually pushes most women in these countries, into breaking up and otherwise still amenable marriage undergoing turbulence!

Lastpage!

Really?

Comment on the first post you made that erroneous claimcheesy. You don't know the law yet you go ahead listing the consequences. I didn't do property law to lose a baseless argument

You can't tell me what I know of Belgian, Netherlandse and German lawsundecided
Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
icedbeatz:
Man billions of youngin's need to soak up knowledge about life I swear. Imagine a case were a broke asss bitchh that the husband divorced 25years ago came back to sue the man after she got to know that the man is now a multi millionaire?! this man made the millions 7-8 years after their divorce and the court had to order this innocent man to pay for the lawyers that his ex wife hired?!? and he had no other option than to pay for the lawyers that were hired to crucify ND extort him?!? this particular case just literally drives me nuts I swear.

Where was the man when the woman was solely catering for THEIR child?
Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 02, 2015
lastpage:

Teh man should have re-married and ascribe the wealth to the efforts of him and his new wife, that way, let me see how she wants to take what belongs to another woman like her.

You use fire to fight another fire .... just make sure you have a fire-extinguisher nearby, when the second fire starts getting out of control! grin grin

Lastpage!
Bro that would be like stabbing your itching eyes man, if he had ascribed his wealth to the efforts of him and his new wife that would be him setting himself up for execution because the second wife will definitely capitalize on that and by then he has no defense in order words the fire extinguisher that is nearby will be useless. fire can't be used to fight fire in his case.
Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by GoodFaith: 11:09pm On Nov 02, 2015
daretodiffer:

Yes. It is like magnet
I knew it
please stay far away from me

2 Likes

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 02, 2015
daretodiffer:

Where was the man when the woman was solely catering for THEIR child?
the boy has grown by then so he was living with his father and later was employed by the father in his company, this is a man of around 53 or more years old.
Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by lastpage: 11:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
daretodiffer:

I have never disagreed on that besides this issue mainly affects America and Canadacheesy

WRONG again!
Its all over the Western democracies, Europe included.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
icedbeatz:
you don't have to insult him because he never mentioned your moniker and you're not the only female on this thread so why would you claim to be the one he's referring to? let's try to be civil.

Thanks but I didn't feel insulted at all. Not at all.

For me to be insulted by her that would mean that her opinion matters to me, it doesn't grin

I've identified a few monikers that needs to be shunned so I don't even respond to her childish antics to draw me out into the open and I just ignore her.

Seun, please where is the ignore user filter that I've been asking for?

1 Like

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by GoodFaith: 11:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
lastpage:

No better pain can such a man inflict on the woman..... than for her to see you doing "BETTER' in life (and even with a better-babe).
It drives them nuts because their intention is not about separation and "equity" or love for the children's upbringing...

...Its all about ruining and destroying the man COMPLETELY.

unfortunately, a lot of "decent but divorced men end-up homeless and destitute..... to the point of suicide

Lastpage!

God is great
I wake up thankful to God every day
It was hard the lord saw me through
It was a great disappointment to lot of people
Going from one to nine
People expectation was from one to zero
Thank you lord for protecting me and for making me a better man

2 Likes

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 02, 2015
icedbeatz:
the boy has grown by then so he was living with his father and later was employed by the father in his company, this is a man of around 53 or more years old.

I know the case. Like I said, if you don't know the law you will find yourself burnt by it. Know the law and the way the judges reason.

The law says that they are both responsible for the kid until he is 18/19. That is all that matters to the court. The question was whether the man was responsible before he clocked 18/19? If you can learn to disassociate morality from legality especially in cases like these. You will have a peace of mind. You can always defeat the system. Don't get worked up for no reason.
Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
lastpage:

WRONG again!
Its all over the Western democracies, Europe included.

Lastpage!

Ermm....are you a lawyer?
Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by lastpage: 11:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
GoodFaith:

small claim court, Tenant and landlord, Go after somebody at bankruptcy court there are fee and Time
The is the major reason I can't move from my present position for $10,000.00
I need the time
America is court
The only way you can protect your interest is the court room
All issues some time have to end up in court
You are going to court for $2000.00 or
$1700.00
What can you do?

Divorce and marriage issues are not dealt with in those court you mentioned.
Do your homework

Lastpage!
Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
lastpage:

undecided undecided

Lastpage!
and there lies the true motivation of being a babymama, that's why one shameless whoree was celebrating that she's pregnant for a basketball player man and now a baby is seen as a ticket to making it by these thots, I'm like when the fvck will black men learn?! impregnating a stripper?!? I'll be damned.

1 Like

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by lastpage: 11:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
GentleToks:

I know the system better than you dear

Court can only take what is in your Account.

Cunny-man die, Cunny-man bury-am! grin grin grin

You know, a Yoruba adage translates literally that "We all know how to put meat in the mouth and make it disappear"? grin grin undecided undecided

Do a "cash-at-hand" job, (never do 9-to-5 paid employment).
Do a job where your income can never be 100% ascertained, pay your self-income tax regularly and be tax compliant with your tax cert to boot, get receipts for all expenses you make, "load" the ones that cant be verified (like cost of Gas for your vehicle and you can pick "extra receipts" on the floor!)
grin grin .... and let your Lawyer and Court do the guesswork together.

If may not be 100% perfect but it will buy you some breathing space.

re-marrying is another "dangerous" option to add to that list. Women are all the same, to a large extent.

Lastpage!
Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by lastpage: 11:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
EgunMogaji:

You know Mr. Lastpage you always impress me on how grounded you are.

So I'm supposed to have jeopardized the new job I just secured in California after having just moved to Texas (that's like moving across 3 countries in Europe), fly to Texas ($300 round trip), pay a Lawyer ($250 an hour), go to court where the feline might not even show up but her Lawyer will (who at that point I'm still fighting hard not to have to be responsible for her fees (so she's making sure that the fees continue to rise in case she wins her motion).

I won't even get into the fiasco in court when I tried to represent myself - my exes Lawyer was leaning up against the Judges bench and they both were both pointing at me and laughing embarassed yeah I lost the motion I went for that day grin

It's a cold brutal world out there in divorce court and I can understand why some insolent young Woman on this thread is not educated enough to know any better. But life is a great teacher grin

Bros, l took after you!
My brother from another Mother.... after-all, we are both "Omo Teeshas"! grin grin grin

Its really a cold and brutal world out there ....and survival is only for the fittest!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by lastpage: 11:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
GentleToks:

I know the system better than you dear

Court can only take what is in your Account.

"Prison" is the only other option... which some women even prefer so that they can go around boasting to their friends on how they jailed their ex-husband! grin grin

Though not all Judges will go for this option anyway

The "key" is to prepare very early when you see things going "Southwards"! undecided undecided

Only the witty, sharp, intelligent and "emotionally strong/fortified"...... can stand to the test.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
lastpage:

No better pain can such a man inflict on the woman..... than for her to see you doing "BETTER' in life (and even with a better-babe).
It drives them nuts because their intention is not about separation and "equity" or love for the children's upbringing...

...Its all about ruining and destroying the man COMPLETELY.

unfortunately, a lot of "decent but divorced men end-up homeless and destitute..... to the point of suicide

Lastpage!
here's a bottle of nuvo Bro.
the kids are not really their main focus rather they use the kids as weapons to harm, sorry the right word is destroy like you typed earlier. I bet marriage is not that sweet after all and definitely not worth the headache at all.

2 Likes

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by lastpage: 11:37pm On Nov 02, 2015
GentleToks:

They can only seize my US passport not my Nigeria passport.

All this court thing is for mumus.

You are right on that .... if you are ready to "go for broke"..... as in relocate finally if the worse becomes the worst!

Just make sure they dont issue "an alert in your name" otherwise, you will be stopped from travelling outside the borders! grin

Lastpage!
Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by lastpage: 11:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
daretodiffer:

A lot? Give me the statisticsundecided

You haven't given me a reply on the so-called mistakes you claimed that I made o.

I know your type and l dont want to get into direct 'feisty-cuffs' with you because it will just derail the thread and you know what they say about "not arguing with some "class" of people ..... less they beat you with "experience"?

As the child of a teacher, (which l am, as well), l think your sentence construction, grammar, lexis, syntax and structure is a disgrace!
I can understand "common mistakes" in English but outright "grammatical somersaults" are just too glaring to go unnoticed.
angry angry

Maybe you are actually not raised by a teacher because l tell you, you can know the "child of a Teacher", from a mile-off!

Lets just keep to the topic in discuss.

As for giving you statistics..... use 'Google' and if you cant, just let it slide, whatever way it butters your bread. undecided undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by lastpage: 11:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
daretodiffer:

A lot? Give me the statisticsundecided

You haven't given me a reply on the so-called mistakes you claimed that I made o.

I know your type and l dont want to get into direct 'feisty-cuffs' with your "jab-throwing" .....because it will just derail the thread and you know what they say about "not arguing with some "class" of people ..... less they beat you with "experience"?

As the child of a teacher, (which l am, as well), l think your sentence construction, grammar, lexis, syntax and structure is a disgrace!
I can understand "common mistakes" in English but outright "grammatical somersaults" are just too glaring to go unnoticed.
angry angry

Maybe you are actually not raised by a teacher because l tell you, you can know the "child of a Teacher", from a mile-off!

As for giving you statistics..... use 'Google' and if you cant, just let it slide, whatever way it butters your bread. undecided undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by lastpage: 11:59pm On Nov 02, 2015
daretodiffer:

Ermm....are you a lawyer?

Emmm... are you intelligent at all.... before you became a Lawyer? undecided undecided

Like l said, l wont go that route with you.
We are Miles-apart in real life. kiss kiss

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 03, 2015
lastpage:

I know your type and l dont want to get into direct 'feisty-cuffs' with your "jab-throwing" .....because it will just derail the thread and you know what they say about "not arguing with some "class" of people ..... less they beat you with "experience"?

angry angry

Lastpage!
Don't be slyundecided You aren't smart to pull it off. Why don't we get on with the real issuescheesy

I will be wating for your analysis. Don't forget the grammar rules too. And please do not act like a coward this time aroundcheesy
Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by lastpage: 12:15am On Nov 03, 2015
icedbeatz:
here's a bottle of nuvo Bro.
the kids are not really their main focus rather they use the kids as weapons to harm, sorry the right word is destroy like you typed earlier. I bet marriage is not that sweet after all and definitely not worth the headache at all.

I am married and l can tell you that "marriage is/can be SWEET"....
Infact, its a very "sweet game"!
Yes, its a "game" between two adults, with the "system" (Referee) taking sides! grin

Just imagine what it takes to win a soccer game, when the referee is 'taking sides' with your opposing team? shocked shocked

You just need to be "intelligent, alert and witty",..... be abreast of "the rules" (written and unwritten) and be on your toes! grin

I once read a book some decades ago, but l cant remember the author now, Its titled "Two can play the Game".

Like someone here said, "Marriage is a WAR".... and in war, you must "out-think and out-manoeuvre" your opponent ... in a "lovey-dovey" manner though! grin grin

As a man, l can only say that "Love is NOT Blind ..... except you chose to be BLINDED by Love".
My wife knows this (actually "all women" live by this rule hence they are always a step ahead of we men) and this is why it is sweet between us.

Let me finish by making a quote: The "Deepest PAINS"... are "self-inflicted".

Men need to be 'wary and cautious' in marriage.

Lastpage!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by lastpage: 12:18am On Nov 03, 2015
daretodiffer:

Don't be slyundecided You aren't smart to pull it off. Why don't we get on with the real issuescheesy

I will be wating for your analysis. Don't forget the grammar rules too. And please do not act like a coward this time aroundcheesy

Okay, please "Keep waiting"...

Will let you know when am done! grin grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 03, 2015
lastpage:

Okay, please "Keep waiting"...

Will let you know when am done! grin grin grin

Lastpage!
I am not surprisedgrin. It is typical of you to make allegations without backing them up.cheesy

Good night!
Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 03, 2015
lastpage:

I am married and l can tell you that "marriage is/can be SWEET"....
Infact, its a very "sweet game"!
Yes, its a "game" between two adults, with the "system" (Referee) taking sides! grin

Lastpage!
OMG LMAO, this is hilarious but true. I guess I have to learn ALL the written and unwritten rules of the game before I can think of playing it and most importantly how to win the favour of the "referee". hahaha

2 Likes

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 03, 2015
Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by lastpage: 1:01am On Nov 03, 2015
daretodiffer:

I am not surprisedgrin. It is typical of you to make allegations without backing them up.cheesy

Good night!

Hey, dont get too jumpy now! grin grin

You said "you'll be waiting" .....and l have asked you "to be waiting" ! grin grin
How is that typical?
shocked shocked shocked

..... but if you are just "too eager" to be cantankerous ... then that is your cup of tea!!
undecided undecided grin grin

Lastpage!

NB: If its 'sleep' that is making you "too eager", please do have a wonderful sleep and check back tomorrow. undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another by lastpage: 1:05am On Nov 03, 2015
icedbeatz:
OMG LMAO, this is hilarious but true. I guess I have to learn ALL the written and unwritten rules of the game before I can think of playing it and most importantly how to win the favour of the "referee". hahaha

At the bolded!

Jose Maurinho of Chelsea will NEVER expect to win the favour of the Referee! He wont ever get itgrin grin

He just has to "play overwhelmingly Better" ...to make-up for those 'gaffs' of the Referee.
undecided undecided

Dont even think about it.

Lastpage!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

8 Evidences That Show A Lady Will Become A Stingy Wife / 24-Year-Old Groom Marries His 20-Year-Old Pregnant Bride (Photos) / 7 Silly Characters In Guys That Can Turn A Lady Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.