Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,417 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine (34329 Views)

BREAKING: Telecoms Giant MTN Agrees To Pay Nigerian $1.7 Billion Fine / MTN Agrees To Pay Nigerian $1.7Billion Fine / Why We Reduced Mtn’s N1.04trn Fine – NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by oribi(m): 7:44am On Nov 02, 2015
where is the money going to plus when mtn start shedding workers we will shout foul..dats alot of money to pay.
imagine you indirectly owned mtn n labelled this fine...eish
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by philips70(m): 7:44am On Nov 02, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The news is more of speculation. MTN can't afford that kind of money. Except there will be some kind of waivers, a suspended payment or spread payment. Otherwise, the company CAN'T afford it. We also can't afford to have their license suspended.

I think that news says some kind of arrangement which tends towards spread which is still OK. President Muhammadu Buhari is working, haters are hating. This is how to be a president not a president who will pick up his phone and call Asari...ehnn bros, you sure say dem kidnap those girls at all? Asari: Oga no mind those Awusa people, dem no kidnap anybody, forget them.
Jona: OK I hear, I don talk say this people no want me for this Aso Rock, make God punish them. No be only Chibok girls. Madam Peshe: My horseband leave those pipo jare, nothing go comot us from this place, if dem like make them kill everybody for da side, yeye pipul.

In Jonathan's cabinet, communications minister and NCC would have collected some cash and share and that would be the end of the matter. Ernest Ndukwe is a stinkingly rich man today on top of subscribers pains.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by Priest200(m): 7:45am On Nov 02, 2015
Na d user go cm pay this 1.4tr afta.. I beta find anoda reliable netwrk.
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by oz4real83(m): 7:47am On Nov 02, 2015
bigtt76:
Subscribers in for trouble shaaaaaaa #aftermath
no subscriber is in trouble and mtn knows this. We don't have a monopoly in our telecom sector. Nowadays almost everyone of us have more than one line. If mtn decides to be stubborn,they will lose a lot of customers. Glo,etisalat,airtel and others are readily waiting to absorb more subscribers.

1 Like

Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by babafirst(m): 7:47am On Nov 02, 2015
wachakuta:
Hu is still doubting dat we have a new sheriff in town?
Of course bro,we gat a new sherriff in town and he is the visionary PMB.MTN can not try what they did even in South Africa,they will fine their ass-s out.I didn't even know that there was an earlier agreement with the telecoms firms which MTN signed and flouted.Dem think say na like before.
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by DonBobes(m): 7:51am On Nov 02, 2015
if they dnt pay they shuld go!
Bt wait oh, na mtn weekly free 20mb i de use wen i load N100 recharge. Oh boy hw i go do nw! *thinking*
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by ignis: 7:53am On Nov 02, 2015
I won't recharge my MTN till further notice.

1 Like

Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by Realdeals(m): 7:55am On Nov 02, 2015
BobbyDean:
I hope they know MTN is not dumb and will take this out on Nigerians by mass sacking of workers and other ways. 1trn is too much and silly to me.
Raiders:
MTN Nigeria is not worth that amount of money. If you think MTN is going to pay NCC 1.04 trillion naira then you know nothing about MTN. NCC are also dumb for fineing MTN that amount of money when they know MTN can't afford to pay it. It make them look stupid.

You don't need to get unnecessarily bitter about this issue, NCC didn't just wake up to impose the fine, the 200k/SIM has been spelt out since inception of the SIM registration exercise which MTN is a party to. They can do the calculations themselves and inform the public about it.

1 Like

Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by slydog(m): 7:55am On Nov 02, 2015
Buhari is alredy thinking outside the box to finance his 2016 budget. We will soon hear from customs. So much for over reliance on crude oil

1 Like

Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:55am On Nov 02, 2015
PRYCE:
They(MTN) should make their services more cheaper especially data services. Like N10 for 1GB.... Lol! It's wishful thinking

Indeed a wishful thinking grin grin.. This will pass as a note of warning to other network providers.. Most of the shits they do here cannot be tolerated in SA, though I see a massive retrenchment of over 50%..
NCC should peddle down, and agree to a spread payment..

#1.04tr grin is a generation changer..

2 Likes

Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by babafirst(m): 7:57am On Nov 02, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
just close ur eyes and imagine this was Jonathan's era:

NCC: like I was saying Mr. President, what Mtn did poses danger to our national security. preregistered sim can be used by kidnappers, fraudsters and...

MTN: Mr. President, talk to NCC na!

NCC: (Stands up angrily and points to MTN) don't think u can escape this! the president is on our side and...

JONA: (clears throat)..I am on the side of everybody, okay?

NCC: (surprised) including boko haram?

JONA: Including Asari and Tompolo sef. oh..yes! because I am the president of everybody so let us talk this thing amicably.

NCC: But...

JONA: but nothing. okay? First of all...

MTN: (interjects) go down low

NCC: what?

JONA: MTN, mind yourself. Now, first of all, I want you to hand me the case file of this..

NCC: but Sir...

MTN: (snatches file and gives to JONA).

NCC: What insolent!!!

JONA: listen, NCC, u don dey vex me sef. shey, na u be president abi na me? so, if MTN no snatch the thing commit for ur hand u go refuse abi?
okayyyy...(frowns) now I understand. You dnt even respect me anymore. I...

NCC: I am very...

MTN: shut up my friend! the president is talking!

JONA: go! I will call u later. go now!!!

NNC LEFT ANGRILLY.

JONA: (turns to MTN): So?

MTN: we will transfer it tomorrow morning Sir (smiling). Just as we agreed on.

JONA: I trust u. I trust u. And em...the subscribers that NCC dey shout abt now, na how many?

MTN: don't mind NCC, na just 5million o.

JONA: Jesus!!! Just 5million out of 180million Nigerians na ihn dem wan make u pay that amount?

MTN: ohoo...u sef see...

JONA: Dey go abeg. Just make sure say na alert wake me tomorrow or else..

MTN: no worry Sir. u knw us na..

JONA: I knw everybody. Oya, dey go.

MTN walks out. JONA pick ihn phone call diezani..

JONA: hello ma...hello...(shakes phone) this network sef...hello ma..oh..yea ma, it's me.....thank u...(smiles). Em...I just wan ask why I no see alert yesterday? shebi una don pay subsidy to marketers....

Lwkmddddddd this Monday morning,this is an Oscar and Pulitzer award winning script,plus Nobel Prize for Literature.Infact if Davido release am as song he go win Grammy.You have started my morning on a lively note.I am off to the office singing .....Thank God a new sherriff is in Town!Na so Lee Kuan Yew dey hammer 'dem' back those days even for importing ordinary banned chewing gum to Singapore.

1 Like

Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by bashydemy(m): 8:00am On Nov 02, 2015
Now we need NBC to do the same for DSTV, Court ask them to slash their price and they fail to.

1 Like

Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by vislabraye(m): 8:02am On Nov 02, 2015
There's need for proper regulations. There's actually no subscriber that does not complain about MTN. However, l think the fine is just too much.
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by babafirst(m): 8:03am On Nov 02, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

Indeed a wishful thinking grin grin.. This will pass as a note of warning to other network providers.. Most of the shits they do here cannot be tolerated in SA, though I see a massive retrenchment of over 50%..

MTN cannot retrench like that my bro.And before NCC fine them dem know Wetin dey dia pocket.Ofcourse I agree with the idea of spreading the fine.(Apologies for my use of pidgin)
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by maxc82(m): 8:04am On Nov 02, 2015
Baba pls after u deal with MTN finish come check wetin DSTV they do see me I subscribe last month on second this month first I have cut out on subscrition they have stole a lot from us
seunmsg:

Subscribers are not in any trouble. In fact, subscribers are in for a good time and they should start rejoicing. The era where Mobile telecom operators take their customers for granted is over. NCC is now alive to its regulatory responsibilities and any operator that refuses to play by the rules will be in big trouble. The huge fine imposed on MTN will send a clear message to others to seat up. A new sheriff is in town and it's no longer business as usual.
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by orlawaley: 8:05am On Nov 02, 2015
LET ME KEEP MY MTN SIM INSERT AFTER PAYMENT ABEG
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:05am On Nov 02, 2015
philips70:

I think that news says some kind of arrangement which tends towards spread which is still OK. President Muhammadu Buhari is working, haters are hating. This is how to be a president not a president who will pick up his phone and call Asari...ehnn bros, you sure say dem kidnap those girls at all? Asari: Oga no mind those Awusa people, dem no kidnap anybody, forget them.
Jona: OK I hear, I don talk say this people no want me for this Aso Rock, make God punish them. No be only Chibok girls. Madam Peshe: My horseband leave those pipo jare, nothing go comot us from this place, if dem like make them kill everybody for da side, yeye pipul.

In Jonathan's cabinet, communications minister and NCC would have collected some cash and share and that would be the end of the matter. Ernest Ndukwe is a stinkingly rich man today on top of subscribers pains.
Hahaahahaha you have a comedic skill boss... But wetin carry Jona for this matter? Which one be Chibok girls again? Them be mtn kids?
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:09am On Nov 02, 2015
PRYCE:
At all Bro! MTN solely controls 40 percent of the our total GSM user base, and are ARGUABLY Nigeria's largest Foreign investor.

As much as I'm not their fan, I think The Government should slash that amount considerably or arrange a split payment schedule with them running into years.

I was thinking maybe the NCC should just hold them to ransom. I mean in exchange for clemency, They(MTN) should make their services more cheaper especially data services. Like N10 for 1GB....Lol! It's wishful thinking!
Haha @ N10/GB.... So how you wan expect MTN to survive?
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by OmniSparrow: 8:09am On Nov 02, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

NCC: like I was saying Mr. President, what Mtn did poses danger to our national security. preregistered sim can be used by kidnappers, fraudsters and...

NCC: (Stands up angrily and points to MTN) don't think u can escape this! the president is on our side and...

JONA: Including Asari and Tompolo sef. oh..yes! because I am the president of everybody so let us talk this thing amicably.

JONA: MTN, mind yourself. Now, first of all, I want you to hand me the case file of this..

JONA: listen, NCC, u don dey vex me sef. shey, na u be president abi na me? so, if MTN no snatch the thing commit for ur hand u go refuse abi?

NNC LEFT ANGRILLY.

JONA: I trust u. I trust u. And em...the subscribers that NCC dey shout abt now, na how many?

JONA: Jesus!!! Just 5million out of 180million Nigerians na ihn dem wan make u pay that amount?

JONA: hello ma...hello...(shakes phone) this network sef...hello ma..oh..yea ma, it's me.....thank u...(smiles). Em...I just wan ask why I no see alert yesterday? shebi una don pay subsidy to marketers....

Loooolz

1 Like

Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:09am On Nov 02, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

SA provides better business environment than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by Sexytemi(f): 8:11am On Nov 02, 2015
empty hen needs to pay that money, i was pitying them at first but after what they did to me this morning, i don't think i can ever pity them ooo, can u imagine empty removing 10mb from my mbs within the space of 3mins, still shocking to me o, only opened nairaland with my ucbrowser mini o, have not opened any any topic when d notice came in, from 42mb to 31mb......hmmmmm.....shocking and terrible o.
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:12am On Nov 02, 2015
Buzzj17:
Good day gentlemen. Please has anyone noticed that MTN has been taking money from our loaded balances? It happened to me and I will follow it up. I loaded N5000 on my phone. I made one phone call of about minutes to a local number. I slept and woke up and when I opened my bed side drawers, I found an loaded card which I forgot some time ago. Before loading it, I checked my balance and I had only 7350 credit. I have heard people complain about these illegal debits. Pls let's raise our voice and something about this. Few people check their balances and MTN will get away with this. They are doing this in order to pay for the penalty.
It's happened to me a lot of times. only one of em was refunded after several calls. The reps kept telling me stories. It was a female rep that did the refund for me.
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 02, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

NNC LEFT ANGRILLY.

guy no kill me with laugh oh cheesy cheesy grin
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by Raiders: 8:14am On Nov 02, 2015
Realdeals:

You don't need to get unnecessarily bitter about this issue, NCC didn't just wake up to impose the fine, the 200k/SIM has been spelt out since inception of the SIM registration exercise which MTN is a party to. They can do the calculations themselves and inform the public about it.
you and I know MTN is not going to pay that 1.08 trillion naira so no need to argue. MTN Nigeria don't even make that amount of money in a yr. NCC should fine MTN but the payments should be reasonable
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by damrmd02(f): 8:15am On Nov 02, 2015
We don enter Am,na our money MTN will use to pay dis debt.by the time they started charging us 100/mint for a call.or deducting our money anyaw.They will pay up the debt.God dey
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by Banter1(m): 8:15am On Nov 02, 2015
bigtt76:
Subscribers in for trouble shaaaaaaa #aftermath
port to Etisalat, you won't regret it.
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by babafirst(m): 8:15am On Nov 02, 2015
Emekamex:
Cool cash; they shouldn't shift their anger to customers o.
They can't shift their anger,NCC is monitoring them and in a competitive market like that if they cheat covertly people will 'port' lol.I only see them reducing their Corporate Social Responsibility which is not even up to the about 4.3 Bill USD they have been fined.Just relax blue chip companies are being fined hundreds of billions regularly around the world for flouting government policies,MTN won't shake.
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 02, 2015
They just had too ... Now they know Nigeria is to big for them to just give one empty threat.
But sure you guys are ready for their deductions henceforth.#MTNWillMakeNigeriansPayForTheirFine.
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by achu442(m): 8:19am On Nov 02, 2015
MTN can realise double that money in a week...All they'll do I to send a monitoring alert message for upgrade and secretly increase their 3G network data reader to a higher kps....And the masses will suffer for it....
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:20am On Nov 02, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

NNC LEFT ANGRILLY.

could this be funny?
answer and win 150000000zimbabwean dollars.
Re: MTN Agrees To Pay N1.04trn Fine by just2endowed: 8:22am On Nov 02, 2015
Mtn can steal credit.
Come in for ur powerbank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones / Whatsapp Is Now Entirely End-to-end Encrypted / This Application Is Used For Getting Nokia Master Code Automatically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.