Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. (41397 Views)

The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola / 13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age / 13 Things You Should Teach Your Child Before The Age Of 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Amberon: 11:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
Okay, sorry.
HaneefahRN:

Ur start up was way off.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Neverquit(f): 11:43pm On Feb 05, 2016
Edited:
Toks2008:

So i am advising every Nigerian parent to ask their son(s) this vital question before spending a dime on his tertiary education and beg him to tell you the truth...

"Are you ready to go to school and acquire a degree to become self reliant financially or are you nursing the thought of going to school and latter come out to start Y+ or other illegal business"?

Be observant to the way he answers and make up your mind.

Odiegwu.

undecided

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by HaneefahRN(f): 11:46pm On Feb 05, 2016
doveda:

Are you also forgetting the fact that men are getting married in their late twenties and early thirties and that is when they actually become financially capable. However most of them end up getting married to younger women. If a woman should wait that long, tongues will start wagging and the possibility that her bf will jilt her is also high.

So can you blame her if she settles for a man who is financially capable instead of a man at her financial level?undecided Who no like better thingsmiley

cc Amberon
cc Toks2008
cc Mznelly

So true. They are the same ones crying abt Linda Ikeji, and the likes o. Talk abt a successful and rich woman and the next thing u hear from most male folks is, 'is she married?'

5 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by HaneefahRN(f): 11:47pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amberon:
Okay, sorry.
No hard feelings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 11:48pm On Feb 05, 2016
HaneefahRN:

So true. They are the same ones crying abt Linda Ikeji, and the likes o. Talk abt a successful and rich woman and the next thing u hear from most male folks is, 'is she married?'

This life is pretty messed up

Women have to apply common sense

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by chimaobinelson(m): 11:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
this obsession is a long a long underlying trait in MOST undergraduate or graduated ladies,as their true essence of goin to Universities is to
1.experience that sweet freedom campus life they hv been seing in the home videos.
2. To come out to the world and show what they have got above their fellow female folks you notice it from their values(latest clothes)
3. to answer that name GRADUATES so as to give the an edge over other wives,especially when ranting in their women gathering
4. As lazy and cawordice as they are,haven tought ahead and seen how "hard" life is in their little brain,they need a rescuer to cling to n "graduate" accolade wil attract values to the in marriage..nt knwin dt education empowers u to carry onus wch dey r affraid to compete
men cherish zealous n industrious woman
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Naikkie(f): 1:43am On Feb 06, 2016
The OP seems silly. I bet it's immaturity at it's height. This is 21st century, it's sad that some people still think like this, well, your environment largely determines your exposure. But truth be told, there are a lot of female icons you could train your female child or children to emulate. They are everywhere even in our great country Nigeria. A child should be inspired/motivated to do well in life regardless of gender....Who are you moving with OP?..check your company,..it's a pity.

7 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 2:02am On Feb 06, 2016
Yeah mum, i'm nursing the thought of going to school and latter coming out to search for oil tacoons and real estate big boys, lmao. Abeg who n6 like better thing

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Ewuro4: 2:05am On Feb 06, 2016
Ta Lon fe fi Jo ( who dem wan take am resemble , me or dem papa?)

Definitely not these wide-eyed-over achieving ones we are raising now... Times have changed , give another decade and these ye ye bad examples to wipe off the rader for good.

I always say everyone's environment and experience shapes their thinking and perception in life. Though we've seen girls from hardworking moms practice money-mongering but always seems to be in minority. You barely see kids whose parents aren't goody two shoes and had good upbringing lax around in guise of long thro-ating.

Time , Time... Can't wait!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Gerrard59(m): 2:19am On Feb 06, 2016
brandnew3:

A bottle of Hennessy for you.

#NotKidding.

Thanks. grin. I just had to pour it out. OP own don too much, you could easily know he's the one by the topic.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 2:38am On Feb 06, 2016
Gerrard59:

Thanks. grin. I just had to pour it out. OP own don too much, you could easily know he's the one by the topic.
It all boils down to gender equality. He obviously see the female gender as inferior.
Only if he knows. wink

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by banmee(m): 2:40am On Feb 06, 2016
Toks2008:
It is no longer a new thing that after graduation of a male child from a tertiary institution,there is so much expectation from him especially the one whose parents are from a very humble background and had to make huge financial sacrifices.

After graduation,this male child is expected to do his best as regards the ability to provide for himself,his aging parents and also prepare to start a family and we all know the financial demands that come with marriage ceremonies.

As if this is not enough for the male child,the female folks who have spent years in tertiary institutions to have a sound intellect and ought to be a succor in terms of encouragement and financial support have become an additional burden.

Please understand this...there is absolutely nothing bad for a lady be a graduate or not to want,hope or desire a rich or financially ok guy...which lady will not want that?

But it gets even crazier by the day cos most of those ladies who have no opportunity of bagging a degree are unbelievably hard working as we can see many of them doing one thing or the other legitimately to be financially independent while many acclaimed graduates just hope for one unfortunate maga to buy them..how sad.

Ok lets take a look at this..In Nigeria,both the male and the female child go to the same private or public schools right from nursery to tertiary levels,we had the same educational qualification because the last time i checked the University as well as polytechnic degrees are awarded to both male and female...

We go through NYSC together and start looking for jobs in the same labor market in the same country.It is even easier for a female graduate to get jobs compared to the male folks yet these same ladies expect these same guys to be "financially ok" enough to take care of them HABBA!

What happened to equal opportunity to be financially ok since we are faced with same economy conditions. What sought of magic are these ladies expecting the male folks to perform? It even becomes more unrealistic and wicked when ladies are looking for financially ok guys in their 20s and early 30s.

This has made me conclude that its gradually becoming a waste of money and resources for some parents to send their daughters to school since they are likely to come out and dump the zeal and qualification just to start scouting for "financially ok guys" before they can think of making a headway for themselves in life.

So if that is the case,there is no need to get a degree since they don't need that to get a rich guy as they can use their natural body degree to achieve that thereby saving the parents hundreds of thousands of naira.

So i am advising every Nigerian parent to ask their daughter this vital question before spending a dime on her tertiary education and beg her to tell them the truth...

"Are you ready to go to school and acquire a degree to become self reliant financially or are you nursing the thought of going to school and latter come out to start looking for a rich guy or financially ok guy"?

Be observant to the way she answers and make up your mind.

Odiegwu.

You are probably the most chauvinistic prick I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. What's with you and male dominance? You need to start travelling and explore other normal societies and your perception will improve. You seriously need to address your superiority complex.

9 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 3:26am On Feb 06, 2016
i have always said this females in general shouldnt waste them time in school even if they do it should be courses related to general health eg nursing we dont kno when another world war is coming then we'll have bunch of females bankers who dont kno left from right abeg i no even kno how to explain my self sleep still day eyes
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by ronald4lif(m): 3:58am On Feb 06, 2016
Wow. This dude again? Like how does he breathes and what exactly does he assume the female to be? Just retired home after a long day and don't have your time this night but I implore you to respect yourself and grow some sense.

You're becoming a nuisance, ad nauseum, on this forum as the day goes by and I think you should take a break from writing. I can't wrap my head on this barf worthy nonsense you wrote here. Please enough with the male chauvinism. Suck it up.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 4:08am On Feb 06, 2016
ENIMONEY:
did I come in search of u? Or ur brothers? Or ur father?? The people am searching for, are they complaining?? Shut ur poverty stricken hole and let us hear word! U lack home training and respect for the female Gender! You don't bite the hand that feeds u. Omo Ale

Lol

Im sure you are not even up to the age of my 5th kid sister.

Talking about poverty,i will not go there cos it will be foolish of me to do that cos im still wandering how brain dead some people can be.

But please pray to God to give you the mental intelligence to comprehend and the psycological serenity to make intellectual contributions without displaying a pepper seller atitude.

On the final note,i will be using google translate to interprete my write up in other languages so that dumb brains can grasp easily..madam rich woman

Agba ofifo.

3 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 4:11am On Feb 06, 2016
Orikinla:
Odiegwu indeed.
While majority of guys graduate and start looking for dream jobs, majority of babes graduate and are desperately looking for their dream men.

I tire my brother.

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 4:14am On Feb 06, 2016
banmee:

You are probably the most chauvinistic prick I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. What's with you and male dominance? You need to start travelling and explore other normal societies and your perception will improve. You seriously need to address your superiority complex.

My broda this is nairaland not pound or dollarland.

When i write,i do so with a Nigerian perspective.

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 4:22am On Feb 06, 2016
ENIMONEY:
brain dead like every female in your generation!!! Rich Men are getting married everyday and poor boys keep whining... Better goan think.

Can you do one big favour for yourself?

Read the article again and read your comments.

You just confirmed that many ladies are unintelligent,mentally shallow and acutely abusive cos from ur frst comment,you hve been misquoting my write up and cursing.

Please wat does my write up have to do with your comments?

The point is not about a rich or poor man but that every lady should come out of the higher inst not wth the mindset of meeting a made man as it is mostly seen these days but to also strige to be financially independent and a rich man will only be a plus.

Is this too much to comprehend?

2 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by banmee(m): 4:25am On Feb 06, 2016
Toks2008:

My broda this is nairaland not pound or dollarland.

When i write,i do so with a Nigerian perspective.
Even more ridiculous. Is that your excuse for perpetuating a flawed mentality? Every individual irrespective of gender needs an education. An educated society is an improved society. I just can't fathom how you reason.

5 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 4:29am On Feb 06, 2016
chimaobinelson:
this obsession is a long a long underlying trait in MOST undergraduate or graduated ladies,as their true essence of goin to Universities is to
1.experience that sweet freedom campus life they hv been seing in the home videos.
2. To come out to the world and show what they have got above their fellow female folks you notice it from their values(latest clothes)
3. to answer that name GRADUATES so as to give the an edge over other wives,especially when ranting in their women gathering
4. As lazy and cawordice as they are,haven tought ahead and seen how "hard" life is in their little brain,they need a rescuer to cling to n "graduate" accolade wil attract values to the in marriage..nt knwin dt education empowers u to carry onus wch dey r affraid to compete
men cherish zealous n industrious woman

Brilliant but today,not many ladies have that drive even after spending years in attaining a degree.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 4:34am On Feb 06, 2016
banmee:

Even more ridiculous. Is that your excuse for perpetuating a flawed mentality? Every individual irrespective of gender needs an education. An educated society is an improved society. I just can't fathom how you reason.

I can bet my left ear on it that you did not read that article and if you did then you certainly did not comprehend.

where did i ever write that a girl child should not go to school.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by banmee(m): 4:43am On Feb 06, 2016
Toks2008:

I can bet my left ear on it that you did not read that article and if you did then you certainly did not comprehend.

where did i ever write that a girl child should not go to school.

"This has made me conclude that its gradually becoming a waste of money and resources for some parents to send their daughters to school since they are likely to come out and dump the zeal and qualification just to start scouting for "financially ok guys" before they can think of making a headway for themselves in life.

So if that is the case,there is no need to get a degree since they don't need that to get a rich guy as they can use their natural body degree to achieve that thereby saving the parents hundreds of thousands of naira
".

It used to bother me why the govt neglects education in Nigeria. Now I know. Why invest in individuals with no capacity to comprehend? Are you sure you understand what you wrote? I didn't write the bold qoute above, you did. You are giving reasons why higher education should be withheld from the female gender. There is absolutely no excuse for it. Are you sure you are not confused?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by menxer: 4:50am On Feb 06, 2016
After taking time to read all the comments I realized the message of the OP is lost on many.

I doubt OP is against female education but the mentality of the graduate ladies investing so much in finding "financially ok guy" to settle down with above all else, which I believe is what he observed in his environment.

Times are changing and we all need our mind sets to be reoriented and recalibrated to reflect better ways of adapting and dealing with the reality of the present, which is the primary purpose of education.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 5:17am On Feb 06, 2016
Fantastic write up
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 5:19am On Feb 06, 2016
banmee:

"This has made me conclude that its gradually becoming a waste of money and resources for some parents to send their daughters to school since they are likely to come out and dump the zeal and qualification just to start scouting for "financially ok guys" before they can think of making a headway for themselves in life.

So if that is the case,there is no need to get a degree since they don't need that to get a rich guy as they can use their natural body degree to achieve that thereby saving the parents hundreds of thousands of naira[/b]".

It used to bother me why the govt neglects education in Nigeria. Now I know. Why invest in individuals with no capacity to comprehend? Are you sure you understand what you wrote? You are giving reasons why higher education should be withheld from the female gender. There is absolutely no excuse for it. Are you sure you are not confused?
stop this nonsense small boy, if you cannot understand simple meaning of articles written why not stay Clear? U are very ignorant.....
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by banmee(m): 5:28am On Feb 06, 2016
killerman47:
stop this nonsense small boy, if you cannot understand simple meaning of articles written why not stay Clear? U are very ignorant.....

Please pray explain what I don't understand. Another drunken archaic infantile individual is about to expose his stupidity.

5 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Drdonzeez(m): 5:48am On Feb 06, 2016
Rukkydelta:

I guess I don't have time for e-fights that won't profit me anything
The guy is right to some extents, the female folks shouldn't be a burden since we're all faced with the same economic recession.ladies should be independent to some extents.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by SAMBARRY: 6:02am On Feb 06, 2016
Toks2008:

And this is the irony of life...the thread that makes no sensse to many ladies is making sense to you.
yes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by bfatoba(m): 6:42am On Feb 06, 2016
OP...your Opinion is just that, your opinion, Doesn't make it wrong to you, and it doesn't make it right to rational thinkers either.

but I have a question for you, Will you also tell your daughter to not have dreams, Aspirations?

Society is built on the whole idea of wanting more, wanting better, wanting whats best.

Going to School and spouse selection are two totally different things. Making that question a prerequisite for your daughters is the most archaic thing, I've ever heard.

If I had to guess from most of your posts, You've had some class struggles, falling for girls who didn't see you cause your pants didn't have pockets and you use this medium to lash out at the opposite sex.

Its Ok bro.... your time will come wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Blade21: 6:59am On Feb 06, 2016
Toks2008:
It is no longer a new thing that after graduation of a male child from a tertiary institution,there is so much expectation from him especially the one whose parents are from a very humble background and had to make huge financial sacrifices.

After graduation,this male child is expected to do his best as regards the ability to provide for himself,his aging parents and also prepare to start a family and we all know the financial demands that come with marriage ceremonies.

As if this is not enough for the male child,the female folks who have spent years in tertiary institutions to have a sound intellect and ought to be a succor in terms of encouragement and financial support have become an additional burden.

Please understand this...there is absolutely nothing bad for a lady be a graduate or not to want,hope or desire a rich or financially ok guy...which lady will not want that?

But it gets even crazier by the day cos most of those ladies who have no opportunity of bagging a degree are unbelievably hard working as we can see many of them doing one thing or the other legitimately to be financially independent while many acclaimed graduates just hope for one unfortunate maga to buy them..how sad.

Ok lets take a look at this..In Nigeria,both the male and the female child go to the same private or public schools right from nursery to tertiary levels,we had the same educational qualification because the last time i checked the University as well as polytechnic degrees are awarded to both male and female...

We go through NYSC together and start looking for jobs in the same labor market in the same country.It is even easier for a female graduate to get jobs compared to the male folks yet these same ladies expect these same guys to be "financially ok" enough to take care of them HABBA!

What happened to equal opportunity to be financially ok since we are faced with same economy conditions. What sought of magic are these ladies expecting the male folks to perform? It even becomes more unrealistic and wicked when ladies are looking for financially ok guys in their 20s and early 30s.

This has made me conclude that its gradually becoming a waste of money and resources for some parents to send their daughters to school since they are likely to come out and dump the zeal and qualification just to start scouting for "financially ok guys" before they can think of making a headway for themselves in life.

So if that is the case,there is no need to get a degree since they don't need that to get a rich guy as they can use their natural body degree to achieve that thereby saving the parents hundreds of thousands of naira.

So i am advising every Nigerian parent to ask their daughter this vital question before spending a dime on her tertiary education and beg her to tell them the truth...

"Are you ready to go to school and acquire a degree to become self reliant financially or are you nursing the thought of going to school and latter come out to start looking for a rich guy or financially ok guy"?

Be observant to the way she answers and make up your mind.

Odiegwu.

the female gender is naturally created to crave the finest and beautiful things of life tho some of us take control of it while others let it control them.let's go back to the beginning when God created eve Adam had everything he needed to survive and run a family Eve was created into abundance, women looking for a comfortable man is not like it's an easy way out it's just natural cos we crave to be taken very good care of so don't blame women blame God for making us so beautiful and amazing. Good morning

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by rman: 7:07am On Feb 06, 2016
What the OP wrote is the truth... majority of educated Nigerian ladies are like this.

Nairaland ladies can attack OP all they want, but if they are less emotional and apply logic, the truth stares them in the face because several cases abound.

I have seen several...a lady that read Law, passed law school but now wants to be makeup artists. A lazy job IMO.

A lady that read English but now wants to sell hair attachments....if this is all you wanted, why waste time in university.

Majority of ladies in Nigeria see marriage as an achievement an are willing to stop trying immediately they get a man that drops the money. FACT.

I have several examples of ladies willing to resign just to stay at home under the excuse of I need to take care of my family. How are the illiterate hard working women that sells pepper and vegetables doing it that u an educated women cannot find an easier way to achieve same?

Men tend to be more purpose driven than women. Any job that has stress attached to it majority of educated ladies tend to run away from it.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by chiefolododo(m): 7:08am On Feb 06, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Sues In-laws For Giving Him Already Pregnant Daughter In Kaduna / Nigerian Couple Celebrating Their 50th Wedding Anniversary To / Next Of Kin Issues: A stranger Has Taken Over His Dad's properties Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.