Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. (41434 Views)

The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola / 13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age / 13 Things You Should Teach Your Child Before The Age Of 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by YelloweWest: 7:08am On Feb 06, 2016
Toks2008:

Eyaah, i understand you are one of the mentally redundant people who dont understand that many is never the same as all.

You are a sorry case.
Abeg shu.t up. U lazy men these days who can't strive to make a dime are always looking for ways to bash women.
WOMEN ARE ATTRACTED TO WEALTH AND PROSPERITY OR AT LEAST THE POTENTIAL OF IT! AND GUESS WHAT? GOD HIMSELF MADE IT THAT WAY! ADAM HAD A JOB IN FACT HE WAS THE RICHEST MAN THAT EVER LIVED BEFORE GOD BROUGHT EVE!
So pick your sorry a$$ up and go get a JOB! Cos only a stupid woman would marry a man without a means of living!

7 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 06, 2016
bfatoba:
OP...your Opinion is just that, your opinion, Doesn't make it wrong to you, and it doesn't make it right to rational thinkers either.

but I have a question for you, Will you also tell your daughter to not have dreams, Aspirations?

Society is built on the whole idea of wanting more, wanting better, wanting whats best.

Going to School and spouse selection are two totally different things. Making that question a prerequisite for your daughters is the most archaic thing, I've ever heard.

If I had to guess from most of your posts, You've had some class struggles, falling for girls who didn't see you cause your pants didn't have pockets and you use this medium to lash out at the opposite sex.

Its Ok bro.... your time will come wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
my thoughts exactly,he might have been right on the points he made, but the message it is sending and the rationale behind the message is the actual problem
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 7:10am On Feb 06, 2016
menxer:
After taking time to read all the comments I realized the message of the OP is lost on many.

I doubt OP is against female education but the mentality of the graduate ladies investing so much in finding "financially ok guy" to settle down with above all else, which I believe is what he observed in his environment.

Times are changing and we all need our mind sets to be reoriented and recalibrated to reflect better ways of adapting and dealing with the reality of the present, which is the primary purpose of education.

His observation is flawedundecided
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Rushna(f): 7:12am On Feb 06, 2016
I guess dis op has actually come in contact with a gold digger of a lady bt its so very unethical for u to use few ladies behavior to judge odas............ Come to think of it, we Ave men who also aspire to get a financially stable lady........ So pls wen posting, u nid nt to generalize ur opinion cos ladies are never and will never be d same..... Think well before posting............. Male and female education is paramount........ So shut ur mouth....................
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 7:16am On Feb 06, 2016
rman:
What the OP wrote is the truth... majority of educated Nigerian ladies are like this.

Nairaland ladies can attack OP all they want, but if they are less emotional and apply logic, the truth stares them in the face because several cases abound.

I have seen several...a lady that read Law, passed law school but now wants to be makeup artists. A lazy job IMO.

A lady that read English but now wants to sell hair attachments....if this is all you wanted, why waste time in university.

Majority of ladies in Nigeria see marriage as an achievement an are willing to stop trying immediately they get a man that drops the money. FACT.

I have several examples of ladies willing to resign just to stay at home under the excuse of I need to take care of my family. How are the illiterate hard working women that sells pepper and vegetables doing it that u an educated women cannot find an easier way to achieve same?

Men tend to be more purpose driven than women. Any job that has stress attached to it majority of educated ladies tend to run away from it.

Nonsense!

If I want to stay at home all day after my undergraduate degree, masters degree, law school and England Legal practice couse it is my fvking business!. It doesn't make anyone better than I am

6 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 7:17am On Feb 06, 2016
MrsPhyno:
Ah this is lubbish o. What if she doesn't plan on getting a job, so you won't pay for her secondary school education either? Where do you draw the line? And what's to say that girls with a tonnn of education still don't want to marry "a rich man" and sit at home all day? How does it affect you? You as their future father should just do your duty and pay for the highest level of education they can/want to attain. They can work out the rest in their matrimonial houses.

Honestly, all of you that are screaming 'yes yes' over here probably don't have any kids yet so I'm not so surprised.
I'm not surprised that this comment is coming from a typical Nigerian woman.

They expect a guy to do everything for them while they sit their ass at home watching movie all day.

Now, with this comment of yours. do not blame men who do not value girls education. In many advanced countries including our own South Africa (even though south Africans are still very primitive) women are holding high political offices, women are the ones who fend for their families. In south Africa, women are more valued than men because they are all hardworking more than their male folks.

Sorry for Naija lazy ass women who depend on men for everything.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 7:19am On Feb 06, 2016
menxer:
After taking time to read all the comments I realized the message of the OP is lost on many.

I doubt OP is against female education but the mentality of the graduate ladies investing so much in finding "financially ok guy" to settle down with above all else, which I believe is what he observed in his environment.

Times are changing and we all need our mind sets to be reoriented and recalibrated to reflect better ways of adapting and dealing with the reality of the present, which is the primary purpose of education.

Why shouldn't we settle for financially capable guys in a society of ‘fading beauty and boys will be boys'?undecided

If I desire a rich man after all my qualifications, it is my headache!!!
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 7:21am On Feb 06, 2016
ronald4lif:
Wow. This dude again? Like how does he breathes and what exactly does he assume the female to be? Just retired home after a long day and don't have your time this night but I implore you to respect yourself and grow some sense.

You're becoming a nuisance, ad nauseum, on this forum as the day goes by and I think you should take a break from writing. I can't wrap my head on this barf worthy nonsense you wrote here. Please enough with the male chauvinism. Suck it up.

Did you read the ‘fading beauty' article?
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by bfatoba(m): 7:23am On Feb 06, 2016
cekhoe:
my thoughts exactly,he might have been right on the points he made, but the message it is sending and the rationale behind the message is the actual problem

Experienced based judgment always sounds like fact but Its never fact.

I'm really interested in whoever the woman is who, caused his malfunction.

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 7:35am On Feb 06, 2016
BIAFRANFLAG:
I'm not surprised that this comment is coming from a typical Nigerian woman.

They expect a guy to do everything for them while they sit their ass at home watching movie all day.

Now, with this comment of yours. do not blame men who do not value girls education. In many advanced countries including our own South Africa (even though south Africans are still very primitive) women are holding high political offices, women are the ones who fend for their families. In south Africa, women are more valued than men because they are all hardworking more than their male folks.

Sorry for Naija lazy ass women who depend on men for everything.

Broke nigga alert
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by menxer: 7:38am On Feb 06, 2016
doveda:

Why shouldn't we settle for financially capable guys in a society of ‘fading beauty and boys will be boys'?undecided

If I desire a rich man after all my qualifications, it is my headache!!!

You are right and so are those boys that want to remain boys, it's their headache too.

There is a beauty that never fades: beautiful character.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 7:41am On Feb 06, 2016
menxer:

You are right and so are those boys that want to remain boys, it's their headache too.

There is a beauty that never fades: beautiful character.

undecided

Let us be
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 06, 2016
This man is always talking about how females go after guys who are financially capable...

Oga, do you want your daughter to marry a poor church rat with no hope for the future?
Oh, I forgot. You don't have issues.
What would you know about that?

It's probably why it's so easy for you to come & talk nonsense about the female gender.

2 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by eyinjuege: 7:42am On Feb 06, 2016
bfatoba:

Experienced based judgment always sounds like fact but Its never fact.

[/b]I'm really interested in whoever the woman is who, caused his malfunction.[b]

And this has always been the crux of the matter!
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by menxer: 7:42am On Feb 06, 2016
doveda:

His observation is flawedundecided

How can you say it's flawed when you have not drawn any comparison to what is obtainable in your environment?
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by menxer: 7:48am On Feb 06, 2016
doveda:

undecided

Let us be

Sure, where you be is the best place to be.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Youngzedd(m): 7:51am On Feb 06, 2016
DNameisOla:
As d saying goes, a lady always want to marry someone like her father or better than her father. So, when a lady says she wants a guy dts financially ok, she just want some dt will be better dan her or shld I say, someone she can look up to. Its nt just because she's a leech, mind you.

What if the father is one irresponsible drunkard
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Vyolet(f): 8:08am On Feb 06, 2016
Gerrard59:

At the bolded, when they decide to stay single it's the same people like you who remind them of their biological clock ticking. Rita Dominic, Genevieve and a host of successful single ladies have been maligned on Nairaland for being single. You accuse the ladies of marrying for money, tell me, who wants to marry a poor individual? Even the average guy would like/want to marry a successful lady.

When Nigerian ladies decide to behave like western women by being independent(an average Nigerian man detest such ladies and smart ones too, yet cries everyday about the non-availability of such ladies) you remind them of culture, tradition and the need of a man to be the head when relationship/marriage is a partnership.

What do majority of Nigerian men want from their women? The height of hypocrisy can make the tallest man look like a dwarf.
The question I ask always.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Mikollon1(m): 8:14am On Feb 06, 2016
YelloweWest:

Abeg shu.t up. U lazy men these days who can't strive to make a dime are always looking for ways to bash women.
WOMEN ARE ATTRACTED TO WEALTH AND PROSPERITY OR AT LEAST THE POTENTIAL OF IT! AND GUESS WHAT? GOD HIMSELF MADE IT THAT WAY! ADAM HAD A JOB IN FACT HE WAS THE RICHEST MAN THAT EVER LIVED BEFORE GOD BROUGHT EVE!
So pick your sorry a$$ up and go get a JOB! Cos only a stupid woman would marry a man without a means of living!

Bravo, Capt Save-A-Hoe!

You come across as one of those guys that'll bend over backwards for female approval.

Since you can comprehend, I'll sum up what the OP said:

INSTEAD OF LOTS OF WOMEN TO BE STRIVING TO MARRY A SUCCESSFUL MAN FOR A LIVING, WHY CANT SHE STRIVE TO BE A SUCCESSFUL WOMAN FIRST?

You see, it's possible to put your point across without insults.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 8:15am On Feb 06, 2016
menxer:

How can you say it's flawed when you have not drawn any comparison to what is obtainable in your environment?

Have you found through the thread? If you haven't, I have made my unbiased submissions
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 06, 2016
Toks2008:

Not funny at all and this is why i tell guys looking for commitments to tell any lady who asks him what he does that he is jobless and just trying to get another job even if he is the MD of shell..If she loses interest in you please don't push it..you need a wife and not a leech.
that was how I was talking to a girl.. . And she was blowing grammar here and there... and I asked her what's her discipline.. .. She told me... and I asked with school... she said one polytechnic like dat... .

She in turn asked me.. I told her I will be taking jamb dis year.... Immediately see the her face changes.. As in.. . Like I was not up to her standard.. . She just decided to end the chat in a funny way... I just smiled.. SMH... (and I Don graduate oo... An accountant for that matter oo from a prestigious University.. Not poly oo)... I kept wondering if all girls are like that!!

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Mikollon1(m): 8:18am On Feb 06, 2016
Toks2008:

Bro there's nothing in your write up that's off. You didn't refer to all women, you refered to most women, which is accurate.

Even Mark Zuckerberg shared he's frustration.

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by uzolexis(f): 8:20am On Feb 06, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

I swear. The offpoint reminds me of my students in AKS that year, I would try so hard to read meaning, when I don't see any. I just use my red biro to cancel the work grin.

Even if toks creates a thread on rapture, trust me _ he would have a way of dragging females into it.

Wetin dey pain me pass be say, create a thread on careers, you would never see some of this Romanceland voltrons there. When do these kinda guys even hustle the money that babe would leech on?

I'm glad pple r noticing the trend in this OPs threads. He always finds a way go bash ladies on all of his topics.

2 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by princeBlack77(m): 8:42am On Feb 06, 2016
DNameisOla:
As d saying goes, a lady always want to marry someone like her father or better than her father. So, when a lady says she wants a guy dts financially ok, she just want some dt will be better dan her or shld I say, someone she can look up to. Its nt just because she's a leech, mind you.
den u might end up in the hands of ritualist or yahoo boys or high way robbers who may add misery to your life
why can't you girls build your life with an ambitious hard working guy that you can prove his source of money than looking for an already made money which you can't testify their source.
I 've heard stories of men who normally use their first wife for rituals for the second wife to enjoy it.... mind you girls

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by covbrand(f): 8:43am On Feb 06, 2016
When you educate a woman, you educate a nation. Irrespective of what happens after school, education is crucial to development, and who is better at passing knowledge than women. Most of you don't know how difficult mothering is, that's why you can talk this way. Not everyone is made to be career minded even most men aren't. So therefore what she does with her certificate doesn't matter, what matters is you give her quality education that YOU CAN AFFORD.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by ChikezieU(m): 8:44am On Feb 06, 2016
Better still, its important to train them
Toks2008:
It is no longer a new thing that after graduation of a male child from a tertiary institution,there is so much expectation from him especially the one whose parents are from a very humble background and had to make huge financial sacrifices.

After graduation,this male child is expected to do his best as regards the ability to provide for himself,his aging parents and also prepare to start a family and we all know the financial demands that come with marriage ceremonies.

As if this is not enough for the male child,the female folks who have spent years in tertiary institutions to have a sound intellect and ought to be a succor in terms of encouragement and financial support have become an additional burden.

Please understand this...there is absolutely nothing bad for a lady be a graduate or not to want,hope or desire a rich or financially ok guy...which lady will not want that?

But it gets even crazier by the day cos most of those ladies who have no opportunity of bagging a degree are unbelievably hard working as we can see many of them doing one thing or the other legitimately to be financially independent while many acclaimed graduates just hope for one unfortunate maga to buy them..how sad.

Ok lets take a look at this..In Nigeria,both the male and the female child go to the same private or public schools right from nursery to tertiary levels,we had the same educational qualification because the last time i checked the University as well as polytechnic degrees are awarded to both male and female...

We go through NYSC together and start looking for jobs in the same labor market in the same country.It is even easier for a female graduate to get jobs compared to the male folks yet these same ladies expect these same guys to be "financially ok" enough to take care of them HABBA!

What happened to equal opportunity to be financially ok since we are faced with same economy conditions. What sought of magic are these ladies expecting the male folks to perform? It even becomes more unrealistic and wicked when ladies are looking for financially ok guys in their 20s and early 30s.

This has made me conclude that its gradually becoming a waste of money and resources for some parents to send their daughters to school since they are likely to come out and dump the zeal and qualification just to start scouting for "financially ok guys" before they can think of making a headway for themselves in life.

So if that is the case,there is no need to get a degree since they don't need that to get a rich guy as they can use their natural body degree to achieve that thereby saving the parents hundreds of thousands of naira.

So i am advising every Nigerian parent to ask their daughter this vital question before spending a dime on her tertiary education and beg her to tell them the truth...

"Are you ready to go to school and acquire a degree to become self reliant financially or are you nursing the thought of going to school and latter come out to start looking for a rich guy or financially ok guy"?

Be observant to the way she answers and make up your mind.

Odiegwu.

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 8:45am On Feb 06, 2016
YelloweWest:

I totally second your stand view but dont you think it is insane for a man and woman to have equal platform to excel but despite that,the ladies who claim that a lady can do better watever a man can do will turn around to eat their words by xlamouring for a rich guy?

Its like you are still missing the point in that write up...if we are to use the garden of eden as a case study,it means that in the present day,the grden of eden will be likened to the equal education and job opportunities afforded to both gender.

No one is asking a lady not to look for a made guy but when it becomes an ultimate searxh adventure,expecially for graduates then there is a big big fire on the mountain which if left will cause a collosal damage.

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by ChikezieU(m): 8:48am On Feb 06, 2016
Better teach ur kid the plain truth if you truly love her, than whipping up defence
covbrand:
When you educate a woman, you educate a nation. Irrespective of what happens after school, education is crucial to development, and who is better at passing knowledge than women. Most of you don't know how difficult mothering is, that's why you can talk this way. Not everyone is made to be career minded even most men aren't. So therefore what she does with her certificate doesn't matter, what matters is you give her quality education that YOU CAN AFFORD.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by ChikezieU(m): 8:55am On Feb 06, 2016
Keep lying to ur self
uzolexis:

I'm glad pple r noticing the trend in this OPs threads. He always finds a way go bash ladies on all of tjis topics.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by DNameisOla(f): 8:55am On Feb 06, 2016
princeBlack77:
den u might end up in the hands of ritualist or yahoo boys or high way robbers who may add misery to your life
why can't you girls build your life with an ambitious hard working guy that you can prove his source of money than looking for an already made money which you can't testify their source.
I 've heard stories of men who normally use their first wife for rituals for the second wife to enjoy it.... mind you girls
My dear, wat has been d fate of those females dt built der lives wf dose ambitious guys so far? U even juxtaposed urslf wf wat u wrote abt d wife wife being used as rituals! Are the first wives nt always d ones building "their lives" wf d so-called ambitious guys but still end up being used for rituals? Well, d best tin is to build ur life urslf wfout depending on anybody because nobody is trustworthy.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by DNameisOla(f): 8:58am On Feb 06, 2016
Youngzedd:

What if the father is one irresponsible drunkard
Pls, take note of wat I wrote, Its written der dt "or someone beta dan her father". So if her father happens to be an irresponsible father, she will rather go for a responsible guy "someone better dan her father".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Father Impregnates Daughter In Nasarawa (Photo) / How Lady Saved A Chronic Drunk's Life In Lagos (photos) / Lady Wandering In Ogun State. Do You Know Her? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.