Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,538 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? (24789 Views)

Paul Enenche Slams Femi Adesina Over ‘Land For Life Comment’ / Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) / How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by cloudgoddess(f): 7:11am On Dec 10, 2015
vooks:
I want to talk about ABIOGENESIS or chemical evolution.
This is the belief that elements formed compounds which formed life all by themselves.
I wish to touch on the probability of this happening naturally
And your alternative is.... a magical old man that exists somewhere no one knows, spontaneously poofing all organisms into existence, after poofing the earth & sun into existence? Lets see the calculations for how probable that is undecided

Also, the miller urey experiment conducted in the 1950s proved that amino acids & other building blocks of life can indeed be synthesized in a system similar to the environment of early earth.
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:27am On Dec 10, 2015
cloudgoddess:

all i see is a bunch of random facts followed by "this is so amazing and so god must have done it!" show that site to any actual biologist and see how quickly you get laughed at.

i really don't think you people know how science works. all you know how to do is butcher science to try & twist it to support your beliefs. and i truly believe you don't want to learn -- you just want any shred of "proof", no matter how unfounded, to back up what you've already been indoctrinated to believe. its quite sad to watch.

You couldn't handle the truth . Are you an actual biologist ? He based his explanations on researches and STUDY and he even gave references .

He explained how intelligently designed nature is for it to exist by mere chance or random process .

I seriously DOUBT you understand the word "science" . And how many atheists here are actual scientists ? All here are debating with science books and articles as sources .

PLEASE STOP THE HYPOCRISY !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 7:31am On Dec 10, 2015
cloudgoddess:

And your alternative is.... a magical old man that exists somewhere no one knows, spontaneously poofing all organisms into existence, after poofing the earth & sun into existence? Lets see the calculations for how probable that is undecided

Also, the miller urey experiment conducted in the 1950s proved that amino acids & other building blocks of life can indeed be synthesized in a system similar to the environment of early earth.
You know I keep on saying Google can't add your IQ
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by cloudgoddess(f): 8:02am On Dec 10, 2015
vooks:

You know I keep on saying Google can't add your IQ

"The experiments showed that simple organic compounds of building blocks of proteins and other macromolecules can be formed from gases with the addition of energy."
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by cloudgoddess(f): 8:22am On Dec 10, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You couldn't handle the truth . Are you an actual biologist ? He based his explanations on researches and STUDY and he even gave references .

He explained how intelligently designed nature is for it to exist by mere chance or random process .

I seriously DOUBT you understand the word "science" . And how many atheists here are actual scientists ? All here are debating with science books and articles as sources .

PLEASE STOP THE HYPOCRISY !
No, he did not "base his explanations on researches". He took research, then drew totally unfounded conclusions from it based on his opinions which are a result of religious bias and emotional reasoning. That's not how you use research papers.

The idea that nature needs to have been designed to be complex is in itself a baseless assumption. The idea that there has to be a "maker" in the picture, rather than just natural processes at work continuously, is a religious idea that has no scientific motivation whatsoever. It's just an attempt to squeeze a god into the picture when there is no need for one.

Yes, I'm the one here who doesn't understand science. this is the definition of science, per google: 'the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.' the scientific method is formulated to eliminate any chance of bias and opinion. things that fit together through observation and experiment are ideally the ONLY things that make it through the other end of a scientific study or paper. the blog you posted would NOT make it because its full of assumptions and religiously motivated opinions.

Why wouldn't someone debate with books and articles if they want to be credible...? And sorry you havent experienced this yourself, but no one has to be a scientist to know basic scientific knowledge
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:30am On Dec 10, 2015
cloudgoddess:

The idea that nature needs to have been designed to be complex is in itself a baseless assumption. The idea that there has to be a "maker" in the picture, rather than just natural processes at work continuously, is a religious idea that has no scientific motivation whatsoever. It's just an attempt to squeeze a god into the picture when there is no need for one

WHat the f.ukkery is 'natural processes at work continuously' ? angry . That is also a baseless assumption . Natural processes BLINDLY working continuously to form ordered complexity and then intelligence ?
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:34am On Dec 10, 2015
vooks:

Yes but designing chance would not increase chances of chance making nothing this ordered and complex cheesy

Yes but not impossible
So who designed chance?
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:38am On Dec 10, 2015
cloudgoddess:

And your own claim which you uphold as fact is :

One upon a time , natural processes from NOTHING decided BLINDLY to make everything . You guys dont see the BLIND FAITH in that ?

What are the chances that these three BLIND mice from Kaduna will make it safely TOGETHER to Maiduguri without any information whatsoever .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Scholar8200(m): 8:40am On Dec 10, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

WHat the f.ukkery is 'natural processes at work continuously' ? angry . That is also a baseless assumption . Natural processes BLINDLY working continuously to form ordered complexity and then intelligence ?
Now nature is the creator!!!
(who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator). And ask when nature commenced working and . . .! Life has a Giver. (Has science with all its claims to advancement ever raised the dead? Even IVF steals from God). And may I ask, which did nature bring first, the chicken or the egg? the seed or the plants? the blood or the heart?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:50am On Dec 10, 2015
Scholar8200:
(who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator). And ask when nature commenced working and . . .! Life has a Giver. (Has science with all its claims to advancement ever raised the dead? Even IVF steals from God). And may I ask, which did nature bring first, the chicken or the egg? the seed or the plants? the blood or the heart?

Exactly ! Assumptions upon assumptions and these are upheld as facts . The new thing now is "natural processes working continuously " ... "nature" etc . Its like they are allergic to accepting God's awesomeness and they'd go to any length to discredit his great works cool .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 8:59am On Dec 10, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Yes but not impossible
So who designed chance?
Small chances are called impossible. Remember this is just formation of amino acids. If you thought amino acids translate into life, you need to go to school
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 9:01am On Dec 10, 2015
cloudgoddess:

"The experiments showed that simple organic compounds of building blocks of proteins and other macromolecules can be formed from gases with the addition of energy."
Go to school please. Study chirality and homochirality problem and then pay me a visit. I refuse to school grow ups even when am most idle
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by cloudgoddess(f): 9:03am On Dec 10, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

One upon a time , natural processes from NOTHING decided BLINDLY to make everything . You guys dont see the BLIND FAITH in that ?
sigh. this is just too much ignorance for me to fix on my own. here, please take 7 minutes of your time and educate yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eePtgqReD4
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:06am On Dec 10, 2015
cloudgoddess:

sigh. this is just too much ignorance for me to fix on my own. here, please take 7 minutes of your time and educate yourself.

I think you join the bandwagon of atheists who have admitted they dont know .

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:08am On Dec 10, 2015
vooks:

Small chances are called impossible. Remember this is just formation of amino acids. If you thought amino acids translate into life, you need to go to school

shocked shocked shocked
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:09am On Dec 10, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

atheists never claim they know what they don't
they say: shows us proof of your assertions

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:10am On Dec 10, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly ! Assumptions upon assumptions and these are upheld as facts . The new thing now is "natural processes working continuously " ... "nature" etc . Its like they are allergic to accepting God's awesomeness and they'd go to any length to discredit his great works cool .

And Satan's Great Beauty as well
These atheists need to accept with faith
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by cloudgoddess(f): 9:12am On Dec 10, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

1. 99% sure you did not even watch the video
2. don't know what? even the most educated scientist doesn't claim to know what happened before the big bang. but we certainly do know that "god did it" is not the answer (ruling out your explanation automatically) and that the big bang is an incredible plausible explanation given the evidence, which is outlined in the video. which you didn't watch, so i can't help you undecided
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 9:15am On Dec 10, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

shocked shocked shocked
I gave you one, the probability of getting a hundred tails on 100 tosses of a coin. It's 10^-30
Take leave from your job and ponder this fact
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:16am On Dec 10, 2015
Scholar8200:

Nature and god, who created who?
chicken and egg, which made which?
luggard and nigeria, which was there first? who made the other?
ice and liquid water, which came first?
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:18am On Dec 10, 2015
vooks:

I gave you one, the probability of getting a hundred tails on 100 tosses of a coin. It's 10^-30
Take leave from your job and ponder this fact

Not impossible
Less probable things have happened
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 9:18am On Dec 10, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

atheists never claim they know what they don't
they say: shows us proof of your assertions
That's why am calling on atheists to demand proof of the assertion of abiogenesis and other asinine pseudoscience claims

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:19am On Dec 10, 2015
cloudgoddess:

Even in the video , there are unsure of some occurrences .

"We dont know an awful lot about the universe "

"We need people to answer these questions "

"We dont know what it is but we are sure its there "

Why should I educate myself with uncertainties and assumptions ?

Are you now ready to join the bandwagon of the "We dont know , but we are sure its not God " crew ?
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 9:19am On Dec 10, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Not impossible
Less probable things have happened
That is the first odd. Throw in RNA/DNA, the cell membrane and it is actually IMPOSSIBLE not improbable cheesy
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:21am On Dec 10, 2015
vooks:

That's why am calling on atheists to demand proof of the assertion of abiogenesis and other asinine pseudoscience claims

Gbam !
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 9:22am On Dec 10, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Even in the video , there are unsure of some occurrences .

"We dont know an awful lot about the universe "

"We need people to answer these questions "

"We dont know what it is but we are sure its there "

Why should I educate myself with uncertainties and assumptions ?

Are you now ready to join the bandwagon of the "We dont know , but we are sure its not God " crew ?

Excellent.
Does cloudgodess know what dark matter is? It is a fuzzy invention of 'scientists' to explain contradictions they observe in space. Contradictions of KNOWN laws of science. Hey have burnt 40 years searching for it to no avail. Isn't it high time they revised their faulty models instead?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Scholar8200(m): 9:31am On Dec 10, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Nature and god, who created who?
chicken and egg, which made which?
luggard and nigeria, which was there first?
Answer! (i asked first)
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:34am On Dec 10, 2015
vooks:

Excellent.
Does cloudgodess know what dark matter is? It is a fuzzy invention of 'scientists' to explain contradictions they observe in space. Contradictions of KNOWN laws of science. Hey have burnt 40 years searching for it to no avail. Isn't it high time they revised their faulty models instead?

True . That's why they now insist the universe has always existed - its a new model they are working on though .
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 9:58am On Dec 10, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

True . That's why they now insist the universe has always existed - its a new model they are working on though .
An eternal universe is laughable at best. All models demand a beginning
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:49am On Dec 10, 2015
vooks:

atheists don't assert that
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 11:59am On Dec 10, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

atheists don't assert that
Am not saying they do, am inviting them to DEMAND proof of these asinine assertions. Comprende?
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2015
vooks:

Am not saying they do, am inviting them to DEMAND proof of these asinine assertions. Comprende?

They do that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Minority Party Will Be Lifted Up In Nigeria – TB Joshua / Who Told You That You Were Naked? / Leke Adeboye: I Listen To Fela’s Music A Lot - Pastor Adeboye's Son Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.