Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship (19693 Views)

Navy Admiral Daniel Ikoli Is Dead. He Was Found Dead In His Lagos Home / Hausa/yoruba Political Relationship In The Past. What Does It Imply With This?? / Faseun Brought Peace Between Ijaw , Yoruba, Says Egbesu Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by laudate: 2:19am On Dec 18, 2015
Unamad:
Wen people try to complicate simple things, then they are trying to cheat another person.

I get wife, so i will not waste my time with you running from pillar to post. We are discussing GEJ and u are telling me i hate Awo, wat is my business with the tribalist?

SS have favoured the North even more. All the oil blocks are Northern own and please dont bring politicians supporting their party and looking for political office into the matter.

Point of correction. All the oil fields are NOT Northern owned. Stop exaggerating. It kills the validity of any points you try to make. People like Alabo (Dr.) O.B. Lulu-Briggs who owns Oil Mining License (OML) 114 concession (ex OPL 230), and Chief Odoliyi Lolomari who is one of the owners of Uquo marginal field, are from where? The North? OPL 96 is being operated by Dubri Oil, whose owner is Dr. Uduimo Itsueli. Where is Itsueli from? The North?

Guy, ownership of the oil fields in Nigeria cuts across several ethnic groups from the South and the North. In fact, if you analyse most of the blocks owned by Northerners, a lot of them have not been productive. Most of the oil wells that have produced oil in commercial quantity are owned by Southerners. Go figure! sad

6 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Unamad: 2:19am On Dec 18, 2015
See their best friends for Lagos in 1960 protesting about oil wen their is war and people dieing.

3 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Tequilah: 3:10am On Dec 18, 2015
omenka:
I had to go over the article twice to see where the op stated that the West is the South yet didn't find it. Please can you help me with the line where he did??

I thirst for the day Nigerians would play politics without the twin evil elements of tribe and religion.

I dash you 2,000 likes for this post and one chilled bottle, with a bowl of 'isi-ewu.' cool

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:20am On Dec 18, 2015
Unamad:

Wen people try to complicate simple things, then they are trying to cheat another person.

I get wife, so i will not waste my time with you running from pillar to post. We are discussing GEJ and u are telling me i hate Awo, wat is my business with the tribalist?

SS have favoured the North even more. All the oil blocks are Northern own and please dont bring politicians supporting their party and looking for political office into the matter.

Wetin concern me if you get wife? This thread is about Awo and not GEJ. You brought in GEJ to achieve an aim but sir, it is Dead on Arrival. Like I said in one thread, I'm not interested in oil license that favours the owners, I'm more interested in resource control that will see higher revenue accrued to the oil producing communities.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:26am On Dec 18, 2015
Mckennedy:

There's no point barking OBJ did absolutely nothing it was how God wanted and for the ijaws to learn..was he not the same OBJ that finished Odi people of Bayalsa? I think the below link will educate you further on midwest and Yoruba relationship:
http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/omoruyi/121102.html
As usual, you cry more than the bereaved. The Odi incident was a condemnable event as soldiers killed a whole community to avenge the killing of police and military operatives by some criminals in Odi. Same replayed in Ziki Biam, Benue state in 2001. But we've MOVED ON! In fact, Bayelsa state gave Obj 90% in 2003... And Obj replicated the favour by giving us VP and President in 2007 and 2011 respectively. Again, why are you pained?

As for Midwest, I don't know why you are still convulsing.

7 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Mckennedy: 7:43am On Dec 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

As usual, you cry more than the bereaved. The Odi incident was a condemnable event as soldiers killed a whole community to avenge the killing of police and military operatives by some criminals in Odi. Same replayed in Ziki Biam, Benue state in 2001. But we've MOVED ON! In fact, Bayelsa state gave Obj 90% in 2003... And Obj replicated the favour by giving us VP and President in 2007 and 2011 respectively. Again, why are you pained?

Now I see how knowledgeable you are,as you can see i stopped commenting here for sometime now cos i hate when one hide under another name claiming what his not, anyway I don't blame you the end will justify the means..we are whiter than white..Finally Shame on you..

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ola6: 8:56am On Dec 18, 2015
Interesting thread but I have three questions:

1. Why are igbos pissed off?
2. Who mentioned igbos in the first place?
3. Are they jealous that their biafra idea isn't selling to the SS, this no access to sea and oil?

Personally, I have nothing against the Ijaws or any SS group. I love especially members of the old MW; that is, Edo, Itsekiri, Uhrobo, Ijaws, Bendel in general.

All the best Tonye.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ola6: 8:58am On Dec 18, 2015
Btw, SHAME ON THE IGBOS!!! Crying more than the bereaved... grin

It's a shame GEJ allowed himself to be cornered by the usually selfish greedy igbos grin

9 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Tequilah: 10:34am On Dec 18, 2015
Mckennedy:
There's no point barking OBJ did absolutely nothing it was how God wanted and for the ijaws to learn..was he not the same OBJ that finished Odi people of Bayalsa? I think the below link will educate you further on midwest and Yoruba relationship:

Guy, I have read the article, o! shocked I did not see anywhere where the writer said anything bad or contrary to the good relationship that exists between the Mid-West and the Yoruba. In fact, he spent more time highlighting various relationships between major figures of different ethnic groups, and the different roles played by various individuals in the formation of the regions and subsequently, state creation.

For instance, Chief Enahoro opposed the creation of old Mid-West region because he did not want to be a big fish in a small pond, but later turned round to actively support the creation of old Bendel State! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Tequilah: 10:38am On Dec 18, 2015
Here is an excerpt from the article:

I WAS INVOLVED AS A PARTISAN POLITICIAN
I am hesitating to write about the story of the creation of Midwest or Edo State, for another reason. I was an active partisan politician at the University of Ibadan opposed to both the NCNC and the AG, the two popular political parties in the two provinces of Benin and Delta. I was also a political science student at the University of Ibadan with a knack for the drama in the Western Region and its impact on the politics of 1964 Federal Elections.

It is simplistic to label the NCNC as pro-Midwestern Region from the abundance of the goodwill of the Igbo or their leader, Dr.Nnamdi Azikiwe. It is also simplistic to label the AG as against the new Region from the wickedness of the Yoruba and their leader, Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

Maybe we should ask few questions:

What was so special about Midwest that was absent in the Calabar-Ogoja-River State?

Why should the NCNC support the creation of a Region in the West and not in the East and in the North?

How many of us appreciate the strategic decision of the NPC to go southwards in 1962 during the intra-party crisis in Action Group in the Western Region?

How many of us appreciate the impact of the monumental crisis in Yoruba land in 1962 on the creation of the new Region?

How many of us appreciate the bond between Chief FS Okotie-Eboh and Alhaji Muhammadu Ribadu?

How many of us appreciate that this bond more critical than what the NCNC appreciated to the creation of the Region?

How many of us knew of the relationship between Apostle John Edokpolor and the Sardauna of Sokoto?

How many of us knew how that impacted on the creation of the Midwestern Region?

How many of us knew why Apostle John Edokpolor was made one of the Commissioners during the Interim Administration of the new Region?

NPC STRATEGIC DECISION IGNORED SO FAR IN THE EQUATION

Some of the issues in the NPC strategic decision were mentioned to the Members of the Constituent Assembly by Alhaji Ibrahim Gusau when he was soliciting for the support of the Bendel Delegation in the Assembly during the debate on Sharia.

Of course, to many northern members of the Constituent Assembly, it was an irony that the person who moved the motion for the deletion of Sharia from the Draft Constitution was a Bendelite, Dr. Mudiaga Odje.

I am sure that these issues were new to the Members of the Constituent Assembly. My colleagues in the Constituent Assembly were amazed when Alhaji Ibrahim Gusau reminded us of the role of the NPC in the creation of the Midwestern Region. I happen to know because that was my party.
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Tequilah: 10:42am On Dec 18, 2015
Unamad:
U are an Itsekiri man, my question for you is why are u now claiming Ijaw after campaigning against Jonathan in favour of Buhari?

Which Ijaw man will support a Aboki over his brother? Which Igbo man, yoruba man, hausa man will do that in this Nigeria?

If you want the Ijaw to join Itsekiri in Oduduwa, just ask them and stop forming imposter. It is childish.

Igbos countless times have said Biafra is not by force. Ijaws are free to join Oduduwa if that is wat they elect.

How do you know that he is an Itsekiri man?? Supply us with proof, please. Did you visit his hometown in Rivers State and the Ijaw people denied knowing him?? Or did the Itsekiri people write to you to say that TonyeBarcanista's ancestral home, lies within their domain? Talk quick, o! shocked

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Mckennedy: 11:16am On Dec 18, 2015
Tequilah:

Guy, I have read the article, o! shocked I did not see anywhere where the writer said anything bad or contrary to the good relationship that exists between the Mid-West and the Yoruba. In fact, he spent more time highlighting various relationships between major figures of different ethnic groups, and the different roles played by various individuals in the formation of the regions and subsequently, state creation.

For instance, Chief Enahoro opposed the creation of old Mid-West region because he did not want to be a big fish in a small pond, but later turned round to actively support the creation of old Bendel State! cheesy

Thanks for taking out time to read the article, so what can you tell us about this particular paragraph of the article:

I WAS INVOLVED AS APARTISAN POLITICIAN

I am hesitating to write about the story of the creation of Midwest or Edo State, for another reason. I was an active partisan politician at the University of Ibadan opposed to both the NCNC and the AG, the two popular political parties in the two provinces of Benin and Delta. I was also a political science student at the University of Ibadan with a knack for the drama in the Western Region and its impact on the politics of 1964 Federal Elections.

It is simplistic to label the NCNC as pro-Midwestern Region from the abundance of the goodwill of the Igbo or their leader, Dr.Nnamdi Azikiwe. It is also simplistic to label the AG as against the new Region from the wickedness of the Yoruba and their leader, Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Maybe we should ask few questions:

What was so special about Midwest that was absent in the Calabar-Ogoja-River State?

Why should the NCNC support the creation of a Region in the West and not in the East and in the North?

How many of us appreciate the strategic decision of the NPC to go southwards in 1962 during the intra-party crisis in Action Group in the Western Region?

How many of us appreciate the impact of the monumental crisis in Yoruba land in 1962 on the creation of the new Region?

How many of us appreciate the bond between Chief FS Okotie-Eboh and Alhaji Muhammadu Ribadu?

How many of us appreciate that this bond more critical than what the NCNC appreciated to the creation of the Region?

How many of us knew of the relationship between Apostle John Edokpolor and the Sardauna of Sokoto?

How many of us knew how that impacted on the creation of the Midwestern Region?

How many of us knew why Apostle John Edokpolor was made one of the Commissioners during the Interim Administration of the new Region?
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Lordave: 11:19am On Dec 18, 2015
Some gullible Yorubas are already falling for this politricks.
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ola6: 11:40am On Dec 18, 2015
Lordave:
Some gullible Yorubas are already falling for this politricks.

Trust me, we are not gullible, we are not igbos. We think before we act and we don't make emotional decisions.

Thank you!

10 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Lordave: 11:57am On Dec 18, 2015
ola6:

Trust me, we are not gullible, we are not igbos. We think before we act and we don't make emotional decisions.

Thank you!
Are there no gullible people of Yoruba origin?

So do you mean you're aware of his deceits?
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 1:02pm On Dec 18, 2015
ikechu1278:
In addition, whether awolowo was a tribalist. AWOLOWO and the entire yoloba were the biggest tribalistoc in Nigeria politics at that time. It is stated and documented yoloba destroyed Nigeria politics and brought the high tribalism in Nigeria politics. This is a FACT.

To buttrush my point

http://www.dawodu.net/igho.htm

A statement written by Igho Natufe [a mid westerner].

Just because someone in his desperate attempt to make friends does not makes him the voice of others. We all know who brought in tribalism in Nigeria politics. We all know the insignificant of yoloba in creation of mid west. We all know the difficult journey to achieve that feat with yoloba beating every aspect down. The desperate no life having nigg@ can do himself a f2king favor and write about the ijaw-yoruba relationship and stay the hell away from dragging Midwest to that B.S.
We all know the f2king sh1t our people underwent by those people's hand.
LOL!
See this high class dunce again!
You mean Yoruba should be watching like dumbos while Zik appoints his fellow ibos in the western government?
First and foremost, what business does Zik have in the west, most especially when his fellow ibos allowed no such thing in the east? The ibos didn't even give voice to the minority in the eastern Nigeria yet also, want to lord over the west too!
I said once that Awolowo is the best thing to have ever happened to the Yoruba nation and I'll keep saying it, not just for him chasing you self entitled greedy land grabbers from the west but for crushing Biafra, thus, preventing Ore, Ondo, Lagos or any part of Yorubaland from becoming ibos! Benue is a case study!

14 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2015
ikechu1278:
This is my last post on here. For those interested in knowing who played the major part in the creation of Midwest, whether Western politician marginalized mid west, and all the other BS that tonyebarcainsta tried to rewrite above in his desperate attempt to make friends.

Here's the actual FACT.
Every region, both north, west and east marginalized the minorities within their region which influenced multiple minorities party to merge up in other to separate each minorities,out of the dominate groups aka Igbo, yoloba and north.

All three dominant groups opposed the creation of each new region from their state, yoloba was not an exception. In fact, out of all three West was the only region that sacked mid western out of west after the Midwest creation.

Neither akintola, awolowo or any yoloba played a huge role in the creation of Midwest instead outside of Edo, urhobo and anioma, NCNC and NPC (both a SE Igbo led and an Hausa led group) played the major role in the creation of Midwest. In fact, the referendum conducted in Midwest was not because of yoloba but rather the influence of NCNC and NPC.

To butterish my points

http://books.openedition.org/ifra/759?lang=en

This are the real factors of creation of Midwest. This are the real factors of yoloba support of mid west and this are the real factors of the major player of mid west.
LOL!
When I thought I've seen worse from you!
At least, you should be bold enough to quote a reputable source for your post!
So shameless!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
ikechu1278:

I careless about your dimwit post of yoloba/ijaw relationship. Provide a quote from me when I countered your statement of awolowo helping an ijaw win election.. I'll be waiting

My post was your attempt to rewrite MidWest creation and credit awolowo as part of it...yes or No?

I careless about your desperate attempt to make friends like the online loser you are. A no life living nigg@ gotta do what they gotta do.

Why I'm aggravated? my aggravation is your constant need to rewrite history of place you are not from. You could have written your BS without dragging mid west to it. Hell you are not from Any of the state pertaining to Midwest... while I am. The major politicians that fought for the creation of Midwest were predominately Bini, urhobo and anioma. You are neither. Just like you stayed on this forum rewriting the history of ndoki ppl, you dimwitly think I'll sit here and watch your buffoon @ss rewrite a history of a part I'm from. You must be out of your God given mind.

In addition, while I'm aggravated? Self appointing your loser self as the voice of SS when you are a NOBODY. A f2king loser who has zero life except NL. If not my visit on a more productive place aka Radio Biafra FB page, i would have fallen into that your BS of " WE SS" BS you stay on this forum writing repeatedly. Hell you are not even the voice of "ijaw". So yes I'm aggravated.

Fucking write about your ijaw/yoloba relationship and keep Midwest out of your shit..thank you very f2king much

While I'm at it, of course you didn't belittle Yoruba's after getting showed the poverty ridden protection seeker you are. Just like you didn't belittle Igbo during your desperation attempt to make friends. Problem is you think any of us forgets you.
And who told you Asaba is more midwest than the Ijaw, Bini et al?
Last I checked, the then Bendel state was seeking for ways to join the ibo kins in the midwest with their brethren in the east!
As an iJaw man, Barcanista has more right to speak on the mid western state that you parasitic Asaba man!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
ikechu1278:

Mulattoclaro that was busted for being a yoloba coward with pictures verifying it
Spanishkid, mulattoclaro other ID. Really? Really?
Good the f2king bye.

I'll repeat wtf I wrote and you can look up to veufy it.

Yoloba brought tribalism in Nigerian politics... direct link proving it is above
Yoloba marginalized mid west..direct link proving it is above
Awolowo played no factor in mid west creation rather NCNC, NPC and the mid west parties did...direct link proving it is above.
Awolowo was a snake who tried to play mid west and many were suspicious of his "support" and later confirmed his snake self... Direct link proving it is above

Lastly all I wrote is from verifiable, documented MID WESTERNERs. Not "WE SS, we deltans, we edo mofos" on anonymous NL.
So no, not just my voice. I provided links and book pages for a reason.

Like I said all of us from any state in modern day mid west know our history and let you mofos can do us a favour and not rewrite it. He can write whatever the f2k he wants to about ijaw..i don't care.

Now swerve out of my mention. Ewu
LOL!
Ibo and lies, eh!
When did such thing happen?
Did you mean the kind of 'busting' you gave @sweetlemon whom you kept claiming was busted against all sanity!
You are so pathetic, it aint funny anymore!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
laudate:

Na wa, o! shocked See as dis matter dey pain some people. Do you speak for the entire old Mid-West now? Other 'Mid-West' people like EdCure, mulattoclaro, spanishkid, freemanan have not taken up arms against TonyeBarcanista for his comment on the creation of the old Mid-West. Now you are busy raising fire and brimstone over a perfectly logical point he made.

Abeg, swerve make better people see road! undecided

Chief, this is NL...

Learn how to accommodate Maladies and Senselessness.... It reeks all over here...

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by EdCure: 2:51pm On Dec 18, 2015
Freemanan:
Chief, this is NL...
Learn how to accommodate Maladies and Senselessness.... It reeks all over here...
I think you said the right thing in respose to laudate (a good guy) and I'm quite sure he understands your point.

Though I didn't bother to read the preceding posts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by T8ksy(m): 3:13pm On Dec 18, 2015
DiademSh07:

LOL!
See this high class dunce again!
You mean Yoruba should be watching like dumbos while Zik appoints his fellow ibos in the western government?
First and foremost, what business does Zik have in the west, most especially when his fellow ibos allowed no such thing in the east? The ibos didn't even give voice to the minority in the eastern Nigeria yet also, want to lord over the west too!
I said once that Awolowo is the best thing to have ever happened to the Yoruba nation and I'll keep saying it, not just for him chasing you self entitled greedy land grabbers from the west but for crushing Biafra, thus, preventing Ore, Ondo, Lagos or any part of Yorubaland from becoming ibos! Benue is a case study!

@ bolded................don't mind them o jare. That was exactly what zik and his ibo people DID in the first republic when they willingly submit themselves to serve the hausa/fulanis NPC party. These were the same hausa/fulanis who slaughtered them like 'roaches in 1945 and 1953 with gusto o. They initiated the servitude process of southerners to the hausa/fulanis.

These "smart-by-halves" impish folks expect the yorubas to stand akimbo whilst Zik-an Ibo man is placed in charge of govt affairs in their land. This was the same zik who brought about the demise of the first truly nationalist party in the country them on a flimsy excuse of "tribalism".
The same zik who as leader of the Ibo union-a wholly tribal organisation- bragged 3 years earlier of the innate aptitude and propensity of his people to dominate wherever they happened to find themselves.

At any rate, there was no carpet-crossing as the yorubas are not that "wet between the ears" because NCNC did not win the election in question.
None of these mischievous folks, east of the R.Niger have ever come forward with the election result which shows conclusively that NCNC won and thereby necessitated the purported "carpet-crossing" act by some phantom politicians, then.

9 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Eledan: 5:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
ikechu1278:

You are a fool if you think the guy you quoted was inaccurate. During the time APC yoloba called the loser tonyebarcainsta "protection seeker" and belittled him, the slowpoke wrote multiple threads on "relationship between Igbo and ijaw". Hell he deleted his barcainsta I'd yo hide all his attacks on igbo during his desperation to make friends. Fast forward to now Igbo are against him, like the loser is now writing stories,of Yoruba and ijaw relationship. grin. The guy is a complete unknown loser, based on his act on NL, has zero life outside of NL. This is his real identity. When he gets pushed out by a set, he goes about looking for friends from others. Like duh?

OneNaira6, can't you be mature for once and pass a comment devoid of insult? undecided
The guy has ignored you largely because of your insults laden comments.
One thing runs through you IPOB youths and that is insults make up most of your comments.

6 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 5:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
DiademSh07:

LOL!
Ibo and lies, eh!
When did such thing happen?
Did you mean the kind of 'busting' you gave @sweetlemon whom you kept claiming was busted against all sanity!
You are so pathetic, it aint funny anymore!

Oh yes. Like you foolish @ss kept arguing against every yoloba monkey busted for being yoloba claiming "WE SS" despite SEVERAL posts from their past post where they likely stated as such.

While I'm at it you illiterate, mulattoclaro was busted not even by just by his post but by his OWN PICS he posted you dimwit. So Yes, Two completely different people have the same features and the exact same facial abnormalities at the exact same spot.

Only from a dimwitted yoloba with no braincells can deduct that. What a buff00n.

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2015
DiademSh07:

And who told you Asaba is more midwest than the Ijaw, Bini et al?
Last I checked, the then Bendel state was seeking for ways to join the ibo kins in the midwest with their brethren in the east!
As an iJaw man, Barcanista has more right to speak on the mid western state that you parasitic Asaba man!

When, where and what time.
Provide that now.

It is well documented FACT it was oba of Bini that requested anioma to be included in mid west way before Osadebe got involved.

Meanwhile, Oba Eweka II became increasingly concerned about the long-term implications of various administrative proposals for new regions that would ride roughshod over the unique history and independence of most of the peoples of the Central Province, which later became the Benin and Warri Provinces.  Therefore, in 1926, he requested the British to bring all the Edoid and Anioma (Western Ibo) areas together in one region that would have a direct reporting relationship with the center. He argued that the people of the Benin and Warri provinces were predominantly of one linguistic, cultural, religious, chieftaincy and historical stock and had functioned in the same cultural system before the British came. [File BP 44,VOL 1, The Oba of Benin. National Archives, Ibadan].  
http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/ethnichistories/egharevbalectures/Fifth-Omoigui.htm

I'll keep writing DO NOT REWRITE MY HISTORY

While I'm at it, baracinsta has no right to speak about mid west than asaba because it was actually an ASABA man that worked alongside a Bini man to make mid west a reality, not ijaws.

I'll repeat exactly wtf I said the f00l can rewrite any history concerning ijaw or whatever but let that miserable protection seeker stay clear of mid west history. We know EXACTLY wtf we underwent by you Yoruba in effort to get it and I will not sit here and watch a loser come on NL and try to modify it and think I'll keep quiet as he change it. I'm not ndoki

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by scholes0(m): 6:33pm On Dec 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

This is pure BADERASH sir!

OBJ brought GEJ, Ijaw nation and the South-South to national stage when the odds were against GEJ. They fell out so it was natural for Obj to jump ship. Beside, GEJ reneged on an agreement so it is a different issue.

On Ikoli, you probably just heard of him but Sir, Awo supported him TWICE not once. Awo didn't support him because he(Awo) wanted the position, he did out of pure love,loyalty and conviction. You can keep your own theory away. This is a very serious matter.

Beside, he died, he wasn't killed... Abi na Awo be him God to preserve him life? Bros abeg shift. Thanks

Remember the case of Eyo-Ita who was the then leader of the Eastern regional government pushed overboard by Zik and co, in their bid to put an end to the agitation for an Ogoja-Calabar-Rivers region carved out of the old East?

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by unamadso: 6:39pm On Dec 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

We have moved on? grin grin

U and who? How big is the carpet in your house that u keep sweeping atrocity under the carpet? The carpet never full?

This is my moniker update of Unamad. The bastard ban me for wat I wrote above.

Just as long as it dont satify them, u get a ban. One Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:46pm On Dec 18, 2015
scholes0:

Remember the case of Eyo-Ita who was the then leader of the Eastern regional government pushed overboard by Zik and co, in their bid to put an end to the agitation for an Ogoja-Calabar-Rivers region carved out of the old East?
I deliberately refused to mention for some reasons.
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 7:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
DiademSh07:

LOL!
When I thought I've seen worse from you!
At least, you should be bold enough to quote a reputable source for your post!
So shameless!

Oh yes
Nowamagbe Omoigui is not a good source
Igho Natufe is not a good source
Frank ukonga is not a good source
Rotimi suberu is not a good source
Isidore okpewho is not a good source
Etc.

The only good source is tonyebarcainsta on NL and the several yoloba monkiers on here trying to rewrite the history of mid west creation.

You so brain dead is a miracle you walking around alive.

While I'm at it dum dum, the source I quote is a direct link to an entire book from suberu. Learn how to open a link and read.

Do you see any other person supporting him despite calling them? Heck he deliberately avoided calling dearpreye and kotv cause he knows those two will kill his desperation for friendship

I'll repeat my statement once more, he and the rest of y'all can write about ijaw/yoloba relationship but never in Una miserable worthless life try to rewrite a part of my history I'm hella proud of and try to accredit that to a yoloba snake tribalist known as awolowo.

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by princdebola201(m): 7:20pm On Dec 18, 2015
This got me thinking..

HOW DID MINORITIES COPE UNDER IGBO DURING THE REIGN OF EASTERN REGION..?

This thread is about IJAW and YORUBA political relationship..
Can't still get the reason why the flat heads re all over the thread with Aba and onitsha made statistics

8 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 7:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
ikechu1278:

Oh yes
Nowamagbe Omoigui is not a good source
Igho Natufe is not a good source
Frank ukonga is not a good source
Rotimi suberu is not a good source
Isidore okpewho is not a good source
Etc.

The only good source is tonyebarcainsta on NL and the several yoloba monkiers on here trying to rewrite the history of mid west creation.

You so brain dead is a miracle you walking around alive.

While I'm at it dum dum, the source I quote is a direct link to an entire book from suberu. Learn how to open a link and read.

Do you see any other person supporting him despite calling them? Heck he deliberately avoided calling dearpreye and kotv cause he knows those two will kill his desperation for friendship

I'll repeat my statement once more, he and the rest of y'all can write about ijaw/yoloba relationship but never in Una miserable worthless life try to rewrite a part of my history I'm hella proud of and try to accredit that to a yoloba snake tribalist known as awolowo.
LOL!
That piece you quoted isn't Omoigui!
Need I remind you that you quoted about 3 sources for your rubbish rants!
As a matter of fact, the piece you quoted in that particular post of yours was just making conjectures why this is that and so-on!
Guess you are not only brainless but so useless!

4 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 7:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
Eledan:

OneNaira6, can't you be mature for once and pass a comment devoid of insult? undecided
The guy has ignored you largely because of your insults laden comments.
One thing runs through you IPOB youths and that is insults make up most of your comments.

Like I give a rat @ss?

Why in my life would I care what a no life having, poverty ridden, protection seeker, narcissistic, desperate for political handouts like tonybarcainsta thinks.

My goal was the correct the BS of accrediting yoloba and awolowo as the "huge factor" in the actualization of mid west. It's an insult watch that no life nigg@ rewriting a history I hold dear of and I will bring the FACTs out. Next time, advice him to look for friends using ijaw alone and don't mention Midwest creation ever again. Chikena!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Police, EFCC ‘unaware’ Of Raid On Patience Jonathan’s House / Druggies And Psychos For President: Most Of Them Will Fail Drug Test - Kperogi / Navy Arrests Co-ordinator Of Niger Delta Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.