Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? (10782 Views)

Don't Lose Hope In Nigeria, Buhari Tells Youths.. / One Year After -buhari-done Enough To Inspire Hope ..... Femi Adesina / Mbaka's Prophesy That Will Restore Your Hope In Buhari's Administration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 9:11am On Jan 02, 2016
Reyginus:
No, I'm not saying Eritrea is a success after gaining independent from Ethiopia but saying that an evil was eliminated. The evil of killing one another and fighting senseless wars was drastically reduced. And you are still talking about Biafra?

To begin with, Biafra is flawed. The tribes that are to be a part of it must first agree they want to be a part of it. You don't collate people into whatever thing you believe without asking their consent. Imagine what would have happened if the Igala had a country of theirs and the sane thing with the Igburas.

So tell me in the light of the above, is your argument still the same?
Eritrea has always been autonomous, even in its union with Ethiopia. What caused the senseless killings was its annexation by Ethiopia, like 'IPOB' is trying to do to Nigeria's territory, or the unilateral declaration of 'Biafran' independence by the 'Biafran' secessionists.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 02, 2016
MalcoImX:
Eritrea has always been autonomous, even in its union with Ethiopia. What caused the senseless killings was its annexation by Ethiopia, like 'IPOB' is trying to do to Nigeria's territory, or the unilateral declaration of 'Biafran' independence by the 'Biafran' secessionists.
It seems the argument is easy for you if you keep repeating 'Biafra' and not the peaceful departure of all aggrieved parties. You think only a section of the country is tired and want secession? Do you really think so? Have you been to Vandekya in Benue State, or Logo, Agatu, Makurdi, Idoma? Ogirimagongo in Kogi, the Okene's, Lokoja? Or the Gbagyi and Wari in Niger State? Or is it the Oyo?

Nigerians are really tired of each other. You think these people still love the Union? Or because they don't shout it like the IPOB you conclude everyone is happy? So now tell me, is Eritrea and Ethiopia not better for the peace now? Can you honestly say Yes if asked if you love the Igbo man? What about your brothers will they say same?

Majority of my people I know don't love your people(It doesn't matter where you are from) and I am hundred percent the feeling is mutual. So tell me why stay together? What's intelligent about it? Is it really stupidity or wisdom? We know how the hate is all round but we still pretend. Isn't it madness? And you wonder why Africa seems like a Dark Continent. What have we achieved from staying together that is positive and will lose when we stay apart and still sign treaties? I wonder why only few see this error
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 11:27am On Jan 02, 2016
Reyginus:
It seems the argument is easy for you if you keep repeating 'Biafra' and not the peaceful departure of all aggrieved parties. You think only a section of the country is tired and want secession? Do you really think so? Have you been to Vandekya in Benue State, or Logo, Agatu, Makurdi, Idoma? Ogirimagongo in Kogi, the Okene's, Lokoja? Or the Gbagyi and Wari in Niger State? Or is it the Oyo?

Nigerians are really tired of each other. You think these people still love the Union? Or because they don't shout it like the IPOB you conclude everyone is happy? So now tell me, is Eritrea and Ethiopia not better for the peace now? Can you honestly say Yes if asked if you love the Igbo man? What about your brothers will they say same?

Majority of my people I know don't love your people(It doesn't matter where you are from) and I am hundred percent the feeling is mutual. So tell me why stay together? What's intelligent about it? Is it really stupidity or wisdom? We know how the hate is all round but we still pretend. Isn't it madness? And you wonder why Africa seems like a Dark Continent. What have we achieved from staying together that is positive and will lose when we stay apart and still sign treaties? I wonder why only few see this error
What you have their is a recipe for chaos. You already have over five countries in your submission, and if every tribe's dissatisfaction should lead to statehood, then be ready to have as many as four hundred (400) countries out of Nigeria.

Why shouldn't I love the Igboman. If others from my side can't do as I do, just like some Igbo will do from your side, then their lack of higher virtues is of concern to me only in the sense that I want it developed.

As for Eritrea, it's not its independence from Ethiopia that brought about your acclaimed peace. They've always considered themselves an ndependent jurisdiction, and it's its annexation by Ethiopia that should be blamed for whatever conflicts and the subsequent sufferings caused.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
MalcoImX:
What you have their is a recipe for chaos. You already have over five countries in your submission, and if every tribe's dissatisfaction should lead to statehood, then be ready to have as many as four hundred (400) countries out of Nigeria.

Why shouldn't I love the Igboman. If others from my side can't do as I do, just like some Igbo will do from your side, then their lack of higher virtues is of concern to me only in the sense that I want it developed.

As for Eritrea, it's not its independence from Ethiopia that brought about your acclaimed peace. They've always considered themselves an ndependent jurisdiction, and it's its annexation by Ethiopia that should be blamed for whatever conflicts and the subsequent sufferings caused.
You didn't really address any of the points I raised. How do you make the love appear when loving these people is a prerequisite for their existence? Deep down Nigerians hate themselves. Look at the example of IPOB and Shia protests. People were killed and because they are not from my place I justify the killing with insane ideology and protest pattern. What a wonderful thing for higher values.

Five countries is even too small. Qatar is two million plus and the reason for their prosperity is the unity of ideas. We can split as much as possible if we really know what higher values mean. The little communities left out can then negotiate which country they want to join. A Yoruba man can argue with a Yoruba on issues but because they share same ideology the problem wouldn't have any root to take shape. But imagine an ideological disagreement between two different tribes where both will never adjust. The problem will Iive long.

You seem not to get Eritrean situation. Like Nigerians before Western Invasion, they were living peacefully but after Ethiopia invaded the country and controlled almost everything a situation of war was created. Or is it Skirmishes. But immediately they were left alone like they've always being peace was restored again. The skirmishes and war stopped.

It tells a lot about forcing people together. The Europeans who raped Africa knew this would happen and would make Africa below them for a very long time. It's easier for Rwanda to pick themselves up faster than Nigerians to do same. Why? Simply because the Hutus and Tutsi are actually a single tribe destroyed by the Superiority of Size.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 4:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
Reyginus:
You didn't really address any of the points I raised. How do you make the love appear when loving these people is a prerequisite for their existence? Deep down Nigerians hate themselves. Look at the example of IPOB and Shia protests. People were killed and because they are not from my place I justify the killing with insane ideology and protest pattern. What a wonderful thing for higher values.

Five countries is even too small. Qatar is two million plus and the reason for their prosperity is the unity of ideas. We can split as much as possible if we really know what higher values mean. The little communities left out can then negotiate which country they want to join. A Yoruba man can argue with a Yoruba on issues but because they share same ideology the problem wouldn't have any root to take shape. But imagine an ideological disagreement between two different tribes where both will never adjust. The problem will Iive long.

You seem not to get Eritrean situation. Like Nigerians before Western Invasion, they were living peacefully but after Ethiopia invaded the country and controlled almost everything a situation of war was created. Or is it Skirmishes. But immediately they were left alone like they've always being peace was restored again. The skirmishes and war stopped.

It tells a lot about forcing people together. The Europeans who raped Africa knew this would happen and would make Africa below them for a very long time. It's easier for Rwanda to pick themselves up faster than Nigerians to do same. Why? Simply because the Hutus and Tutsi are actually a single tribe destroyed by the Superiority of Size.
I've been going all round and you don't seem to agree with any of my points. Let me take another angle, and let's see whether you'll get the picture, though it's metaphysical. Christianity and tribe are two of the reasons being highlighted as the reasons for our incompatibility and differing ideologies. I suppose you are a Christian. Why do you love Jesus Christ?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
MalcoImX:
I've been going all round and you don't seem to agree with any of my points. Let me take another angle, and let's see whether you'll get the picture, though it's metaphysical. Christianity and tribe are two of the reasons being highlighted as the reasons for our incompatibility and differing ideologies. I suppose you are a Christian. Why do you love Jesus Christ?
I don't consider myself a Christian anymore but I love the person of Jesus Christ. I have come to understand the true meaning of Christianity and I don't think I'm worthy to be called one.

But I will answer you. I love Jesus Christ because he stood for Justice and Love of one another. If I may ask, why do you want Nigeria to still be together irrespective of the disunity and hate staying together breed?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 10:23am On Jan 03, 2016
Reyginus:
I don't consider myself a Christian anymore but I love the person of Jesus Christ. I have come to understand the true meaning of Christianity and I don't think I'm worthy to be called one.

But I will answer you. I love Jesus Christ because he stood for Justice and Love of one another. If I may ask, why do you want Nigeria to still be together irrespective of the disunity and hate staying together breed?
My not liking Nigeria not to be one won't make it not to be one. And like I said, I wasn't there when they put it together and possibly won't be there when it would be no more. So, what's the point in worrying that it must not be one, when even those worrying are only getting blood pressures, because of their selfish intents. I will just do my best within its space and if it's no more, I move on. Or, do you think calling for arms buildup and abusing the president and Nigerians from other tribes, as KANU is doing is the way forward?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 03, 2016
MalcoImX:
My not liking Nigeria not to be one won't make it not to be one. And like I said, I wasn't there when they put it together and possibly won't be there when it would be no more. So, what's the point in worrying that it must not be one, when even those worrying are only getting blood pressures, because of their selfish intents. I will just do my best within its space and if it's no more, I move on. Or, do you think calling for arms buildup and abusing the president and Nigerians from other tribes, as KANU is doing is the way forward?
No. KANU is crazy and immoral. But then you didn't answer my question. Why do you want the country to stay together if we hate ourselves so much?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 07, 2016
Reyginus:
No. KANU is crazy and immoral. But then you didn't answer my question. Why do you want the country to stay together if we hate ourselves so much?

I didn't run off. I was banned by a "murderitor ". Banned for exercising my right to free speech. Nairaland has become another Islamic country where opinions for self determination is blasphemy.

In Kano they will hang you for blasphemy, in Nairaland, they will ban you

Anyway, they want Nigeria to be ONE because they see us as infidels who must be conquered and our lands annexed for their good.

Too bad some of our people are blind.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 07, 2016
noblezone:

I didn't run off. I was banned by a "murderitor ". Banned for exercising my right to free speech. Nairaland has become another Islamic country where opinions for self determination is blasphemy.

In Kano they will hang you for blasphemy, in Nairaland, they will ban you

Anyway, they want Nigeria to be ONE because they see us as infidels who must be conquered and our lands annexed for their good.

Too bad some of our people are blind.
Another ban again? Lol. How do you say what you say that results in all these banning? Welcome

Did you notice the MalcolmX deliberately refused to answer that question? I also know that among those reading this lie deep rooted hatred for a tribe different from theirs. Hypocrisy doesn't help anyone.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
MalcoImX:
Your example only goes to say Nigeria is a bad husband. Were your eyes closed when he was courting you? If you want out, even in marriages, there are established processes to follow.

You don't seem to get it.
Nigeria was forced and fused together by slave traders for their own convenience.

Nigeria's not created for our good but for their good.

Any one who dares to stand for truth knows that our ways of life, aspirations and value systems are miles apart.

Why the denial? Why the pretence?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Another ban again? Lol. How do you say what you say that results in all these banning? Welcome

Did you notice the MalcolmX deliberately refused to answer that question? I also know that among those reading this lie deep rooted hatred for a tribe different from theirs. Hypocrisy doesn't help anyone.

I am already used to the ban.
And my promise to Seun and his gang of misguided "patriots" is that truth never dies.

The only way to they can shut me up is life ban.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
noblezone:

It is either he has been threatened by the tyrants in power or he reached a gentleman's agreement in exchange for some coins.

Head or tail, Seun has missed it.
He will deny both with silence. It's all about the money.

MalcolmX, our question.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
Reyginus:
He will deny both with silence. It's all about the money.

MalcolmX, our question.

Malcomx will never answer the question.
He will rather advise you to be the "change"!

I just came back on an expedition from Anaku in Anambra State.
There is a war going on between the Anaku people and Fulani Herdsmen.

Some of the Anaku youths are keeping vigil in the bushes this night.
Malcomx will advise the Anaku people to be the "change".
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 07, 2016
noblezone:

Malcomx will never answer the question.
He will rather advise you to be the "change"!

I just came back on an expedition from Anaku in Anambra State.
There is a war going on between the Anaku people and Fulani Herdsmen.

Some of the Anaku youths are keeping vigil in the bushes this night.
Malcomx will advise the Anaku people to be the "change".
For real? That's the mischief we have in this country and when you challenge it you want the country to split to help your evil agenda.

Be the change and there are some who do not even understand what change means. I think I have an idea of the kind of person he is. People who see words as a Physical Reality.

What exactly happened in Anuku? Is it about the 20million rice farm story that was carried some days back?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 07, 2016
Reyginus:
For real? That's the mischief we have in this country and when you challenge it you want the country to split to help your evil agenda.

Be the change and there are some who do not even understand what change means. I think I have an idea of the kind of person he is. People who see words as a Physical Reality.

What exactly happened in Anuku? Is it about the 20million rice farm story that was carried some days back?

The 20 million rice farm story is in another part of Anambra.
They are attacking us left, right and center.

I think we are at war, but many people are deceived.

https://www.nairaland.com/2850024/war-fulani-herdsmen-anaku-people
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
noblezone:

The 20 million rice farm story is in another part of Anambra.
They are attacking us left, right and center.

I think we are at war, but many people are deceived.

https://www.nairaland.com/2850024/war-fulani-herdsmen-anaku-people
Every people have a kind of unwritten conquest strategy but when yours involves forcefully taking what doesn't belong to you, you can never be truly happy. That's the case of the herdsmen. The worst is the silence from those who really matter.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Every people have a kind of unwritten conquest strategy but when yours involves forcefully taking what doesn't belong to you, you can never be truly happy. That's the case of the herdsmen. The worst is the silence from those who really matter.

Their leaders rejoice in these conquests,
Our leaders are scared of their leaders.

Who do you expect to talk?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
noblezone:

Their leaders rejoice in these conquests,
Our leaders are scared of their leaders.

Who do you expect to talk?
I think Igbo Leaders are only scared of what they will lose if they leave Nigeria. It's a selfish thing. I expected Buhari to say something.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation / Meet The Largest Landlord In Lagos- Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu. / I Didn’t Hire Thugs To Stone Aisha Alhassan’s Convoy –taraba Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.