Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? (10778 Views)

Don't Lose Hope In Nigeria, Buhari Tells Youths.. / One Year After -buhari-done Enough To Inspire Hope ..... Femi Adesina / Mbaka's Prophesy That Will Restore Your Hope In Buhari's Administration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 10:44am On Dec 31, 2015
Reyginus:
Yeah. Ghandi's nonviolent approach worked because the people shared a similar ideology and belief. They were Hindus and such method of warfare is accommodated in the religion. But how does a Muslim respond if I decide to do same? How does a traditional worshipper respond too?

I've told you the change you aspire is the morality of the man and not the workability of the state. When your personal values align with mine we can form a nation but when our values are diametrically opposed any change we envision is tied to it. And no matter what we will never agree. Do you understand this?
Even in Igboland, what makes some Igbo think they far above other human beings of the same tribe. How do you resolve the Osu caste system, for example, or as I was told that Igbos from 'Anambra' think other Igbos are beneath them. You're acting as if you're the only one with good attributes while others don't have. The best of us are those who overcome challenges, not those who're desirous of pointing and lamenting them out.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 31, 2015
MalcoImX:
Even in Igboland, what makes some Igbo think they far above other human beings of the same tribe. How do you resolve the Osu caste system, for example, or as I was told that Igbos from 'Anambra' think other Igbos are beneath them. You're acting as if you're the only one with good attributes while others don't have. The best of us are those who overcome challenges, not those who're desirous of pointing and lamenting them out.
I hear that too but I'm yet to see an Anambra dude do it to me. I've not had a first hand experience. But then what the tribe, not just the Igbos, share in common is greater than what separates them. It is easier for the Gbagyi man to relate well with his fellow Gbagyis who share a similar belief than they do with a Fulani Muslim with entirely different way of life.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
Reyginus:
I hear that too but I'm yet to see an Anambra dude do it to me. I've not had a first hand experience. But then what the tribe, not just the Igbos, share in common is greater than what separates them. It is easier for the Gbagyi man to relate well with his fellow Gbagyis who share a similar belief than they do with a Fulani Muslim with entirely different way of life.
Then if homogeneity is the most valued criteria for nationhood, then Somalia should have been the most stable country on Earth.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2015
MalcoImX:
Then if homogeneity is the most valued criteria for nationhood, then Somalia should have been the most stable country on Earth.
The claim is not true. The stats say different. In a rotten place where there is a completely homogeneous people rebuilding would be less problematic than in a rotten heterogeneous society.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 3:44pm On Dec 31, 2015
Reyginus:
The claim is not true. The stats say different. In a rotten place where there is a completely homogeneous people rebuilding would be less problematic than in a rotten heterogeneous society.
Then you must accept that homogeneity does not MEAN stability. The FACT of its (Somalia's) instability, for nearly three decades, goes against your assertion. And in what way will Biafra be different from Nigeria with bickering going on between the Igbo and the non-Igbo elements invited to join the union? Or, is the quest to be out of Nigeria and still grapple with whatever Nigeria is grappling with?

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2015
MalcoImX:
We are talking of humans who take responsibility for what they put out. His lack of self- control shouldn't be an excuse to commit an abuse. She should seek separation or jail for him. This man you're talking is what you're ready to accept in your Biafra 'republic.' KANU was caught in a hotel with another woman, having left his pregnant wife somewhere. Both the wife-beater and KANU are abusers whose lack of self-awareness disqualifies them from seeking leadership.

Separation?
Thanks a million times.

We seek separation from Nigeria.
We have been killed and abused enough.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
MalcoImX:

We have shot down the Osu caste system.

In my childhood, we do not intermarry.
The story is different today.

Tell me another story bro,

The killings in the North in the name of Allah, has been since the days of the Terrorist named Usman Dan Fodio,
Nothing has changed.

Do you want one Nigeria?
Then you have a lot of work to do on the Islamic religion and her violence against "infidels".
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
Reyginus:

I am from Anambra.
In the days of the Osu caste, they had their own market as there was no relationship whats ever.

Just this year, 2015, a marriage was enacted in my home town between the so called "freeborns" and "osu".
We still have some people among the older generation resisting, but their they are now in minority.

We have evolved. We have moved on.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
MalcoImX:

We are not Somalis please.
There are so many other nations that got their independence and are not like Somalia.

I thought you are optimistic by nature?
Why are you being pessimistic her?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
MalcoImX:
Then you must accept that homogeneity does not MEAN stability. The FACT of its (Somalia's) instability, for nearly three decades, goes against your assertion. And in what way will Biafra be different from Nigeria with bickering going on between the Igbo and the non-Igbo elements invited to join the union? Or, is the quest to be out of Nigeria and still grapple with whatever Nigeria is grappling with?
It doesn't go against my assertion it's still in support of it. Somolia is not a Homogeneous country. But homogeneity is not the only requirement for peace it is just the strongest. You will also need sensible people at the helm of affairs for it to be put into use.

It is like a football team with wonderful players who understand how the game is played. No matter how good they are they still need a good coach. Now imagine what happens if the players are very bad players, few good players, coupled with a bad coach. Now paint that picture and tell me what you think.

Biafra? Better put, different nations. First is, their unity will not be a fragile one. You don't have to show fear when a Salman writes a book about Islam. Invasion of lands would be treated as trespassing into another republic. Is anything wrong with these three?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
noblezone:

I am from Anambra.
In the days of the Osu caste, they had their own market as there was no relationship whats ever.

Just this year, 2015, a marriage was enacted in my home town between the so called "freeborns" and "osu".
We still have some people among the older generation resisting, but their they are now in minority.

We have evolved. We have moved on.

Okay. I'm an Imolite. Personally I'm yet to experience the so-called superiority. The only one I know of is the view some Igbos have for people from Ebonyi.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 5:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
noblezone:

Separation?
Thanks a million times.

We seek separation from Nigeria.
We have been killed and abused enough.
Your example only goes to say Nigeria is a bad husband. Were your eyes closed when he was courting you? If you want out, even in marriages, there are established processes to follow.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
Reyginus:
It doesn't go against my assertion it's still in support of it. Somolia is not a Homogeneous country. But homogeneity is not the only requirement for peace it is just the strongest. You will also need sensible people at the helm of affairs for it to be put into use.

It is like a football team with wonderful players who understand how the game is played. No matter how good they are they still need a good coach. Now imagine what happens if the players are very bad players, few good players, coupled with a bad coach. Now paint that picture and tell me what you think.

Biafra? Better put, different nations. First is, their unity will not be a fragile one. You don't have to show fear when a Salman writes a book about Islam. Invasion of lands would be treated as trespassing into another republic. Is anything wrong with these three?
I've on past occasion insisted on leadership as the problem bedeviling this country. Whether it's 'Biafra', Nigeria or Somalia, this is the curse. That you've admitted reluctantly. I am happy for Nigeria now having a capable steerer. You guys don't want to hear this but your agendas. Biafra looks more like a helpless situation, with unclear boundaries, hostile neighbors, and psychopaths (the (Kanus) as its champions.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 31, 2015
MalcoImX:
I've on past occasion insisted on leadership as the problem bedeviling this country. Whether it's 'Biafra', Nigeria or Somalia, this is the curse. That you've admitted reluctantly. I am happy for Nigeria now having a capable steerer. You guys don't want to hear this but your agendas. Biafra looks more like a helpless situation, with unclear boundaries, hostile neighbors, and psychopaths (the (Kanus) as its champions.
You still don't get it. Has Nigeria ever worked? Can Nigeria work? His do we tackle Religion and Tribalism? Don't tell me by starting from us tell me something better.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MXrep: 8:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
MalcoImX:
I from Enugu but i have always acknowledged that my ppl's achievement is "beneath" that of Anambra ppl, it actualy inspires me to work harder to be like them.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MXrep: 8:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
MalcoImX:
but these should be the least of ur problems as long as u can now enjoy the capable steerer alone
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 8:40am On Jan 01, 2016
MXrep:

but these should be the least of ur problems as long as u can now enjoy the capable steerer alone
I ain't wailing, you are.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 8:57am On Jan 01, 2016
Reyginus:
You still don't get it. Has Nigeria ever worked? Can Nigeria work? His do we tackle Religion and Tribalism? Don't tell me by starting from us tell me something better.
If it hasn't, then by your logic, it will work when the Igbos are out of Nigeria. Another place we differ is, I've never seen those of different religious persuasion or tribe as impeding my or Nigeria's progress. If others are tribal or extreme in their religious views, it speaks more about them than me. The Igbo has to do more to be trusted on those grounds you're projecting to others. You have more trust issues yo resolve than others. Either you look inside to adjust or you continually play the victim-hood.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 9:02am On Jan 01, 2016
MXrep:

I from Enugu but i have always acknowledged that my ppl's achievement is "beneath" that of Anambra ppl, it actualy inspires me to work harder to be like them.
Inspiration is different from cultural prejudice. Whatever you achieve won't make you equal to the Anambra man, except if it's not sociocultural.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 01, 2016
MalcoImX:
If it hasn't, then by your logic, it will work when the Igbos are out of Nigeria. Another place we differ is, I've never seen those of different religious persuasion or tribe as impeding my or Nigeria's progress. If others are tribal or extreme in their religious views, it speaks more about them than me. The Igbo has to do more to be trusted on those grounds you're projecting to others. You have more trust issues yo resolve than others. Either you look inside to adjust or you continually play the victim-hood.
Lolol. Don't shift the argument to just Igbos. We are still about the meaning of this unusual unity we share. Your interpretation of such logic is not true. The true picture is, by going our various ways like Europe did, there's a greater chance that we would be better people because we share almost everything. Who is playing Victim? Is it me you ate tried to quote or someone else?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 01, 2016
MalcoImX:
Inspiration is different from cultural prejudice. Whatever you achieve won't make you equal to the Anambra man, except if it's not sociocultural.
Stop pushing the argument to that of a particular tribe you'd do better without that. I thought we were talking about the country's workability and likely options?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 11:27am On Jan 01, 2016
Reyginus:
Stop pushing the argument to that of a particular tribe you'd do better without that. I thought we were talking about the country's workability and likely options?
The sole purpose of the thread is to point out the 'unworkability' of Nigeria and push the Biafra agenda. That's why it has to be pointed out.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 11:34am On Jan 01, 2016
Reyginus:
Lolol. Don't shift the argument to just Igbos. We are still about the meaning of this unusual unity we share. Your interpretation of such logic is not true. The true picture is, by going our various ways like Europe did, there's a greater chance that we would be better people because we share almost everything. Who is playing Victim? Is it me you ate tried to quote or someone else?
You cannot with all guarantee insist that disintegration will translate to development. The South Sudan is a case in point. Whichever way, it won't work if people won't make it work.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2016
MalcoImX:
The sole purpose of the thread is to point out the 'unworkability' of Nigeria and push the Biafra agenda. That's why it has to be pointed out.
Why Biafra why not something better? Why just the Igbos why not for the whole? Tell me.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 01, 2016
MalcoImX:
You cannot with all guarantee insist that disintegration will translate to development. The South Sudan is a case in point. Whichever way, it won't work if people won't make it work.
Yes, but using South Sudan is being economical with the truth. Why not go to Europe? Slovenia, Ukraine, Croatia.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 3:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
Reyginus:
Yes, but using South Sudan is being economical with the truth. Why not go to Europe? Slovenia, Ukraine, Croatia.
Examples from Africa will mirror what will become of the Biafran experiment.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 01, 2016
MalcoImX:
Examples from Africa will mirror what will become of the Biafran experiment.
ExampleS? Like SS and?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 5:55pm On Jan 01, 2016
Reyginus:
ExampleS? Like SS and?
If secessionist enclaves are difficult to find, even in Africa, that is thought to be a fragile continent, that goes to tell you it's not the norm and it's a risky enterprise.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 01, 2016
MalcoImX:
If secessionist enclaves are difficult to find, even in Africa, that is thought to be a fragile continent, that goes to tell you it's not the norm and it's a risky enterprise.
Lolololol. Come on! That only solidifies Heterogeneity as Africa's reason for failure. I don't know if you get it? If there's been improvement from staying together your statement would have made much sense but it is the other way round. The fact that Eritreans do not have to fight Ethiopians anymore is a good thing.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2016
Reyginus:
Lolololol. Come on! That only solidifies Heterogeneity as Africa's reason for failure. I don't know if you get it? If there's been improvement from staying together your statement would have made much sense but it is the other way round. The fact that Eritreans do not have to fight Ethiopians anymore is a good thing.
Eritrea, your case study is multiethnic, with single tribe making up over 50%. If you consider it a success, could we then consider it as a success of heterogeneity. Biafra is recipe for disaster. It is more heterogeneous in its present IPOB composition. Worse is I heard a part of Northern Nigeria (the Kogi Igala) is annexed as IPOB territory. Nn Nigeria won't relinquish an inch of territory.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
MalcoImX:
Eritrea, your case study is multiethnic, with single tribe making up over 50%. If you consider it a success, could we then consider it as a success of heterogeneity. Biafra is recipe for disaster. It is more heterogeneous in its present IPOB composition. Worse is I heard a part of Northern Nigeria (the Kogi Igala) is annexed as IPOB territory. Nn Nigeria won't relinquish an inch of territory.
No, I'm not saying Eritrea is a success after gaining independent from Ethiopia but saying that an evil was eliminated. The evil of killing one another and fighting senseless wars was drastically reduced. And you are still talking about Biafra?

To begin with, Biafra is flawed. The tribes that are to be a part of it must first agree they want to be a part of it. You don't collate people into whatever thing you believe without asking their consent. Imagine what would have happened if the Igala had a country of theirs and the sane thing with the Igburas.

So tell me in the light of the above, is your argument still the same?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Geoffrey Onyeama Hold Talks With Zuma Over Xenophobic Attacks / Olawepo-hashim Now Leads Atiku, Buhari In Social Media Engagements / Nigerians Won’t Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Again With Buhari — PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.