Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,378 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? (10785 Views)

Don't Lose Hope In Nigeria, Buhari Tells Youths.. / One Year After -buhari-done Enough To Inspire Hope ..... Femi Adesina / Mbaka's Prophesy That Will Restore Your Hope In Buhari's Administration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 30, 2015
MalcoImX:
The differences in our mentalities had never been the problem. The problem is with extremists who abound in both Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba lands. Even Igboland is not as harmonious and homogeneous as you want us to believe.

I agree, but please there are fundamental issues that must be reconciled if we must be.

I am saying two cannot work together except they agree.

Bros, I have mentioned some points and none of you have addressed any of them.

I am not satisfied.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2015
noblezone:

I agree, but please there are fundamental issues that must be reconciled if we must be.

I am saying two cannot work together except they agree.

Bros, I have mentioned some points and none of you have addressed any of them.

I am not satisfied.
If it's about the two of us, then its about "We", not one side trying to dictate to the two. To be honest nobody is satisfied with what Nigeria has turned out to be. But if you want it to work you must face up to the fact that we must stop bring sentimental. Chinua Achebe has said "pointedly" that the problem of Nigeria is LEADERSHIP. We should start that journey by voting in the right leaders, and not seeing things from our tribal lenses.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by kYjelly2: 3:39pm On Dec 30, 2015
luvinhubby:

That one day, we will have a Nigeria led a president in his 40's or 50's who is a Harvard or UNN first class graduate with dynamics idea and 21st century pragmatic approach to leadership. (An Ibe Kachikwu, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala)

A Nigeria where the group of army officers that fought the civil war and retired will stop passing this country around as private property.(E.g OBJ, IBB, Buhari, Danjuma etc.)

A Nigeria were merit is accorded the first place in all sectors, politics, academics, civil service ect. and quota system alongside federal character is buried.

A Nigeria were 21st century advances technologies are deployed to PREVENT corruption at all sectors and not trying to punish people after the deed has been done.(e.g present JAMB exam system).

A Nigeria were true federalism is practiced both fiscally and politically. Let Lagos, Rivers, Enugu, Delta states earn their income and spend on themselves and not generating income to be shared among other.

More will still come

bet wen na

av bin ear dis tin since i leaf ma mummy tommy undecided even b4 den, i use 2 ear ma mummy complenee inside ha tom sad

Our next president must be tops men, as you rightly said.

It just sucks that we've always been represented by average dudes, the likes of OBJ, GEJ and now Buhari, who struggle to even formulate a complete sentence.

Eloquence is not everything though, more still is the persons ideas and the amount of common sense he/she possesses, yes, common sense angry Like, why should gutters be open That type of common sense, not "abeg, na gutter dey worry you?" undecided

bet wen sha?

Truth be told, I have lost faith in Nigeria cry

It just seems that, the best of the best can't get to those top levels where the "touts" currently preside. Abi, is it your havard grad guy that would rise through the ranks of PDP/APC? Speaking "grammar" to the electorate When the electorate has majorly become illeterate and now fall for rice and stew gimmicks, no thanks to the "touts" in power.

It's just a vicious cycle men cry cry cry
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2015
MalcoImX:
If it's about the two of us, then its about "We", not one side trying to dictate to the two. To be honest nobody is satisfied with what Nigeria has turned out to be. But if you want it to work you must face up to the fact that we must stop bring sentimental. Chinua Achebe has said "pointedly" that the problem of Nigeria is LEADERSHIP. We should start that journey by voting in the right leaders, and not seeing things from our tribal lenses.

We are discussing here, I have stated somethings we are concerned about.
You did not make attempt to address any, either by way of counter or by suggesting a way out.

Why?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
noblezone:

We are discussing here, I have stated somethings we are concerned about.
You did not make attempt to address any, either by way of counter or by suggesting a way out.

Why?
Voting GEJ out and bringing in Buhari is a first step.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2015
MalcoImX:
Reality is reality. If what we're doing is not right, maybe we'll know when life kicks our butt.
Lol. You are still interested in these words and not how they are applied. Help me with this. How does a tribal hater, who believes that tribal hating is intrinsically good because the said tribe is guilty, change his ways?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 30, 2015
MalcolmX, why do you really believe this has to do with individuals? I mean a change of government. How can a change a government stop the hate?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 30, 2015
MalcoImX:
Voting GEJ out and bringing in Buhari is a first step.

First step to what?

it seems you are deliberately dancing around words.

First, he is one man.
Secondly, his mental frame is too poor to lead complex Country like Nigeria.

His 5% speech to the whole world, speaks volume.

Also, his myopic approach to the corruption fight is hurting the economy badly.

By the time he is done, Nigeria will be on her knees.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2015
Reyginus:
MalcolmX, why do you really believe this has to do with individuals? I mean a change of government. How can a change a government stop the hate?

They are yet to understand that it takes the collective will of the people to make a nation great.

Building a nation on a personality cult is the worst thing that can happen to us.

Besides, Buhari has shown signs of bigotry. perhaps they! are all too blind to see.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 9:45pm On Dec 30, 2015
Reyginus:
Lol. You are still interested in these words and not how they are applied. Help me with this. How does a tribal hater, who believes that tribal hating is intrinsically good because the said tribe is guilty, change his ways?
Why should somebody change for you. What difference does it make to you if he can't change. You change yourself.
"If you start to think the problem is ‘out there,' stop yourself. That thought is the problem." ~ Stephen Covey
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 10:04pm On Dec 30, 2015
Reyginus:
When Solomon was asked by God what one thing he'd wished be granted..
He prayed, “Give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may judge and lead this people properly. This great people of yours?”
This answer pleased God immensely. And because of his propensity to ask for the source of all things, God granted this and many others: “Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked riches or wealth or honor or thefe of your enemies, nor have you asked long life—but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself, that you may judge My people over whom I have made you king—” God said He would give Solomon what he had asked, plus what he had not. Not only that, but he would make Solomon greater than his contemporaries or all who had been before him or would follow after him of all of these things— wisdom, riches, wealth and honor."
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 30, 2015
MalcoImX:

When Solomon was asked by God what one thing he'd wished be granted..
He prayed, “Give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may judge and lead this people properly. This great people of yours?”
This answer pleased God immensely. And because of his propensity to ask for the source of all things, God granted this and many others: “Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked riches or wealth or honor or thefe of your enemies, nor have you asked long life—but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself, that you may judge My people over whom I have made you king—” God said He would give Solomon what he had asked, plus what he had not. Not only that, but he would make Solomon greater than his contemporaries or all who had been before him or would follow after him of all of these things— wisdom, riches, wealth and honor."
God won't solve this one. In the reign of Solomon only one God was recognized by his subjects and I wonder which of the Gods in our case are we talking about.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 30, 2015
MalcoImX:

Why should somebody change for you. What difference does it make to you if he can't change. You change yourself.
"If you start to think the problem is ‘out there,' stop yourself. That thought is the problem." ~ Stephen Covey
You don't seem to get it. If I have to change my ways through any introspection then it's be necessary that who ever I'm living with also has to change. Isn't it so? Personally, I don't really see anything I need change. Is it the idea that the country is working or you are asking me to become a lie? What sort of change do I alone need for the country to change?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
Reyginus:
You don't seem to get it. If I have to change my ways through any introspection then it's be necessary that who ever I'm living with also has to change. Isn't it so? Personally, I don't really see anything I need change. Is it the idea that the country is working or you are asking me to become a lie? What sort of change do I alone need for the country to change?
This story of a man seeking to change others by Vernon Howard is a perfect reply to you quest:
A seeker came to his teacher to complain, “Master, I am unhappy with the people in my life. They are unfaithful, inconsiderate. I am not
wanted or appreciated. How can I change them?”
Replied the teacher, “Change yourself.”
The walk down the mystic path is toward self-change. If we reminded ourselves of this a dozen times today, it would not be too much. We have dozens of arrows, like self-study and
persistence, but we shoot them all toward the single target of inner transformation
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 30, 2015
MalcoImX:
This story of a man seeking to change others by Vernon Howard is a perfect reply to you quest:
A seeker came to his teacher to complain, “Master, I am unhappy with the people in my life. They are unfaithful, inconsiderate. I am not
wanted or appreciated. How can I change them?”
Replied the teacher, “Change yourself.”
The walk down the mystic path is toward self-change. If we reminded ourselves of this a dozen times today, it would not be too much. We have dozens of arrows, like self-study and
persistence, but we shoot them all toward the single target of inner transformation
I gave up books like this about six years ago to focus on books that deal with the fundamentals of human life. I'd advise you do same. You should read through to find the philosophy behind it. Life is too complex and deep for such surface books to explain
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by emzila(m): 11:14pm On Dec 30, 2015
YOU CAN'T RIDICULED MY COUNTRY AND COME BACK TO DEMAND FOR INSPIRATION TO BE A MEMBER OF THAT SAME COUNTRY. I WILL RATHER ADVICE YOU SEEK GHANA, CAMERON OR NIGER REPUBLIC CITIZENSHIP.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 11:15pm On Dec 30, 2015
Reyginus:
God won't solve this one. In the reign of Solomon only one God was recognized by his subjects and I wonder which of the Gods in our case are we talking about.
In that case, just try to be just for each moment. That will do.
You and I didn't land on Nigeria. It landed on us, and if tomorrow it's not there there's nothing I can do but to accept what's there. And I won't worry myself that it must remain a certain way for me to function. I accept what obtains and if tomorrow it breaks, I move on. I didn't put it together and I cannot know or worry when it will not be together.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 11:21pm On Dec 30, 2015
Reyginus:
I gave up books like this about six years ago to focus on books that deal with the fundamentals of human life. I'd advise you do same. You should read through to find the philosophy behind it. Life is too complex and deep for such surface books to explain
But you know Gandhi. His only advice to those seeking anything, is to BE the change you want to see in the world.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 31, 2015
MalcoImX:
But you know Gandhi. His only advice to those seeking anything, is to BE the change you want to see in the world.
oga you re a good man... Don't mind that useless iPob idiot... He alone owns 16 monikers on these nairaland.. Doing all he can to whip up victim mentality on every thread to spur his cause... Don't waste ur quality time with that persistent fool... He'll never change....
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 31, 2015
emzila:
YOU CAN'T RIDICULED MY COUNTRY AND COME BACK TO DEMAND FOR INSPIRATION TO BE A MEMBER OF THAT SAME COUNTRY. I WILL RATHER ADVICE YOU SEEK GHANA, CAMERON OR NIGER REPUBLIC CITIZENSHIP.

Point of correction, your country made a ridicule of herself.

When a child from Anambra who scored 69% was denied admission into the Federal Govt college and the one from Yobe who scored 1% is offered same admission, your country became the greatest ridicule of all ages.

Honestly, I am scandalised and ashamed.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 31, 2015
MalcoImX:
You and I didn't land on Nigeria. It landed on us, and if tomorrow it's not there there's nothing I can do but to accept what's there. And I won't worry myself that it must remain a certain way for me to function. I accept what obtains and if tomorrow it breaks, I move on. I didn't put it together and I cannot know or worry when it will not be together.

In other words. we should be passive and allow others to decide our faith?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 31, 2015
MalcoImX:

A man was found to be very short tempered
He beats the wife at every excuse.

One day, he came back late and the wife delayed to open the door because she had slept off.

She got the beating of her life that night and landed in the hospital.

While crying out her heart to a marriage counselor, and was asking of what to do, she was told to

Be the change you seek.

Malcomx, you are just dancing near issues.

Several times we have buried our dead killed in the violence prone north without making noise.
Our people are still in the North.

They will still be killed someday or their properties destroyed some other day over little or nothing.

Your massage is, we should change.

Now, what exactly are we supposed to change from?

It makes me sick to hear that a community in Enugu was attacked at night with scores dead.

How will such communities change? Change from what to what?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 31, 2015
Reyginus:

It takes two to tangle.
Two Cannot work together, except they agree.

He is asking me to change, I have agreed.
So, how will that change stop Boko Haram from attacking a community sleeping at night?

Jihardists do not negotiate, they land Islam on you by force. You either accept to convert or you die.

How can me changing stop Them?
By the way, what I am supposed to change from?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 31, 2015
MalcoImX:
One of the changes I want in Nigeria is a stop in the killing of people in the name if God and religion.

How am I causing the killings? And how can my changing stop it?
For now, the only change I see that can help is
for us to get arms ready to defend ourselves. If some fellow is accused of blasphemy against Islam and we are attacked, then we should attack back.
Is that there change you mean?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 31, 2015
MalcoImX:
I don't think you really understand how this works. First, there are good people around with ideologies that can operate in a civilized state but then there are s
also people with a rigid unchanging ideology who will never try to understand because doing that 'betrays their humanity'. So how can we work together?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 31, 2015
MalcoImX:
Yeah. Ghandi's nonviolent approach worked because the people shared a similar ideology and belief. They were Hindus and such method of warfare is accommodated in the religion. But how does a Muslim respond if I decide to do same? How does a traditional worshipper respond too?

I've told you the change you aspire is the morality of the man and not the workability of the state. When your personal values align with mine we can form a nation but when our values are diametrically opposed any change we envision is tied to it. And no matter what we will never agree. Do you understand this?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 31, 2015
noblezone:

It takes two to tangle.
Two Cannot work together, except they agree.

He is asking me to change, I have agreed.
So, how will that change stop Boko Haram from attacking a community sleeping at night?

Jihardists do not negotiate, they land Islam on you by force. You either accept to convert or you die.

How can me changing stop Them?
By the way, what I am supposed to change from?

Exactly. It is possible for you to align with these values that seem positive to us because you have aligned yourself with an ideology that is positive. But then how do these values agree with that of someone who pays tribute to an ideology that in all sense is negative? It will never work unless a particular ideology gives way for the other.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 31, 2015
Reyginus:
Exactly. It is possible for you to align with these values that seem positive to us because you have aligned yourself with an ideology that is positive. But then how do these values agree with that of someone who pays tribute to an ideology that in all sense is negative? It will never work unless a particular ideology gives way for the other.

Malcomx's unalloyed advice is that we must CHANGE.

I have asked him what I am to change from and to, he has been dancing round and round.
He appears as if willing to discuss, only for him to speak words without meanings.

I opended this thread with the hope that patriotic Nigerians can inspire hope in me for NIgeria with sound logics and reasons,
They have all chickened out.

My conclusion is, there is no hope.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 31, 2015
noblezone:

Malcomx's unalloyed advice is that we must CHANGE.

I have asked him what I am to change from and to, he has been dancing round and round.
He appears as if willing to discuss, only for him to speak words without meanings.

I opended this thread with the hope that patriotic Nigerians can inspire hope in me for NIgeria with sound logics and reasons,
They have all chickened out.

My conclusion is, there is no hope.

We as a people, the majority of us, love to deceive ourselves. We know we are not comfortable together but still will pretend and lash out at anyone who points out this hypocrisy. Like two roommates who disgust each other but still renew their rent at the end of every second semester.

MalcolmX, thinks it has to do with a change of government. You then wonder why the hate doubled after Buhari's installation. While the people who forged the Union knew it cannot work( a perfect tool for destabilizing us) we pretend it is a question of leadership.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 31, 2015
Reyginus:
We as a people, the majority of us, love to deceive ourselves. We know we are not comfortable together but still will pretend and lash out at anyone who points out this hypocrisy. Like two roommates who disgust each other but still renew their rent at the end of every second semester.

MalcolmX, thinks it has to do with a change of government. You then wonder why the hate doubled after Buhari's installation. While the people who forged the Union knew it cannot work( a perfect tool for destabilizing us) we pretend it is a question of leadership.

I reminded him of his Buhari's 5% bravado, he pretended as if he did not see it.
Perhaps, Malcomx thinks he is discussing with kids.

Reyginus, thanks for your points on this thread.
At least I was not left alone.

Interesting enough, a greater percentage of die hard Nigerians have shied away from the thread.
Here, we have demonstrated our willingness to discuss, but they are unwilling.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 31, 2015
noblezone:

I reminded him of his Buhari's 5% bravado, he pretended as if he did not see it.
Perhaps, Malcomx thinks he is discussing with kids.

Reyginus, thanks for your points on this thread.
At least I was not left alone.

Interesting enough, a greater percentage of die hard Nigerians have shied away from the thread.
Here, we have demonstrated our willingness to discuss, but they are unwilling.
I don't really like to speak of the President because whenever I do my audience think it is from an angle of hate. I once told a friend that Buhari's all-round knowledge of everything is best restricted to his household. His intelligence is average to run any state not to talk of one this complex. The result: He said just like my people I'm a hater.The ignorance around is choking.

Thank you too.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 10:33am On Dec 31, 2015
noblezone:

A man was found to be very short tempered
He beats the wife at every excuse.

One day, he came back late and the wife delayed to open the door because she had slept off.

She got the beating of her life that night and landed in the hospital.

While crying out her heart to a marriage counselor, and was asking of what to do, she was told to

Be the change you seek.

Malcomx, you are just dancing near issues.

Several times we have buried our dead killed in the violence prone north without making noise.
Our people are still in the North.

They will still be killed someday or their properties destroyed some other day over little or nothing.

Your massage is, we should change.

Now, what exactly are we supposed to change from?

It makes me sick to hear that a community in Enugu was attacked at night with scores dead.

How will such communities change? Change from what to what?
We are talking of humans who take responsibility for what they put out. His lack of self- control shouldn't be an excuse to commit an abuse. She should seek separation or jail for him. This man you're talking is what you're ready to accept in your Biafra 'republic.' KANU was caught in a hotel with another woman, having left his pregnant wife somewhere. Both the wife-beater and KANU are abusers whose lack of self-awareness disqualifies them from seeking leadership.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boko Haram: “we Have Won The War, We Need To Win The Peace” – Army / Youths In Katsina Support EFCC Probe Of Ex-governor Ibrahim Shehu (pics) / Governor Dapo Abiodun Commissions Oke-Lantoro-Elite-Idi-Aba Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.