Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? (10790 Views)

Don't Lose Hope In Nigeria, Buhari Tells Youths.. / One Year After -buhari-done Enough To Inspire Hope ..... Femi Adesina / Mbaka's Prophesy That Will Restore Your Hope In Buhari's Administration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
omenka:
If I should give this the inspiration he needs, na 1year ban Mynd44 go give me honestly. cheesy

A grown asss man looking for whom to tell him what to do. Keep waiting while your mates are making the most of the situation they find themselves. Hope when you grow old a pauper and your kids and grand kids ask why you're so poor, you'd tell them "it was because Nigerians failed to inspire you".

These Nnamumudi Kanu's minion tho.

Smh.
Read the comments around and you'd see this is not a thread for displaying Ad Hominem. Or these things don't bother you?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
omenka:
If I should give this the inspiration he needs, na 1year ban Mynd44 go give me honestly. cheesy

A grown asss man looking for whom to tell him what to do. Keep waiting while your mates are making the most of the situation they find themselves. Hope when you grow old a pauper and your kids and grand kids ask why you're so poor, you'd tell them "it was because Nigerians failed to inspire you".

These Nnamumudi Kanu's minion tho.

Smh.

You are a typical Nigerian.
You have left the issue I raised and starts to call me names.

You have no idea who or what I am.
on the other hand bro, what ever makes you happy is okay by me.

My question remains, how sinuous build a nation with such extreme value systems as we have

I wish you well

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

Then they should form a conditional merger with the working ones.
These people prefer Islamic and Arabian studies to science and Engineering.
Our governors build schools, theirs build mosques.
How will the merger work?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
Reyginus:
MalcolmX, how will your proposal take everyone along?
Dangote comes from Northern Nigeria, Soyinka from the West and Achebe from the East. I just don't want to be a victim. Each of these could have one thing or two to complain as to why he couldn't make it in Nigeria. Doing my best for each moment is enough for me, and like those I want my contributions to transcend all these barriers. I am responsible for my life and contributions; I am for humanity. That's all I've been trying to say
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 10:35pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

These people prefer Islamic and Arabian studies to science and Engineering.

Our governors build schools, theirs build mosques.

How will the merger work?
They can merge among themselves and form larger zones than fragmented dysfunctional states.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
MalcoImX:
Dangote comes from Northern Nigeria, Soyinka from the West and Achebe from the East. I just don't want to be a victim. Each of these could have one thing or two to complain as to why he couldn't make it in Nigeria. Doing my best for each moment is enough for me, and like those I want my contributions to transcend all these barriers. I am responsible for my life and contributions; I am for humanity. That's all I've been trying to say

You are not seeing the big picture bro.
Those are just individuals.

I am talking about making a nation great.

As for survival and success in life, I am not a left behind

However, I want to leave a better society than I met.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
MalcoImX:
I am for humanity too. I mean how do we raise the mind of everyone to see it this way. You are forgetting these same people believe in a God who created from Adam and Eve. What other way do you show these people our humanity that is bigger than this? How do you convince a person who looks at you and sees a devil, a betrayer, a desperate man? And this idea he has about you are not debatable? Take the Omenka guy for instance.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
MalcoImX:

Soyinka and Achebe are products of individual hard work and perseverance, Dangote was given N500,000 ($650,000 then) by a 'wealthy' uncle.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

They can merge among themselves and form larger zones than fragmented dysfunctional states.
I don't know if you noticed I addressed that question to you. The one on true federalism where I was responding to the noblezon.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

My question remains, how sinuous build a nation with such extreme value systems as we have

I wish you well
I think omenka has a point. Introspection is it. Your life or influence changes the moment you change yourself. Those who understand what it is knows it's not an outside job. It's about themselves.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
MalcoImX:
I think omenka has a point. Introspection is it. Your life or influence changes the moment you change yourself. Those who understand what it is knows it's not an outside job. It's about themselves.
How many people are even willing to undergo an introspection? Do you convince people to do one? And how?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
Reyginus:
I am for humanity too. I mean how do we raise the mind of everyone to see it this way. You are forgetting these same people believe in a God who created from Adam and Eve. What other way do you show these people our humanity that is bigger than this? How do you convince a person who looks at you and sees a devil, a betrayer, a desperate man? And this idea he has about you are not debatable? Take the Omenka guy for instance.

In Yobe state, a woman was killed by secondary school students because she seized a copy of the Koran used by one them to cheat during an exam.

They accused her of defiling a holy book.

I am still mourning that woman, she was Yoruba by tribe but my heart still bleeds

Everybody kept quiet till today.
What are we scared of?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by omenka(m): 10:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

I wish you well
Oh please don't patronize me. Pretend to be smart for once. No one gives a flying fart about you or what you desire.

Nigeria has a population of over 170mill and has got sufficient problems to deal with, no one should go through a self inflicted agony of telling a grown asss man what to do with his life.

If you're fed up being a Nigerian, go sought yourself out in another country already and stop whining online for the love of Christ.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
MalcoImX:

Bros, people go to bed in their homes.
At 3am. they are attacked, maimed and killed

Their houses are burnt.

Bros, what is your solution to this problem?

It has been happening for years. It will happen again and again.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

In Yobe state, a woman was killed by secondary school students because she seized a copy of the Koran used by one them to cheat during an exam.

They accused her of defiling a holy book.

I am still mourning that woman, she was Yoruba by tribe but my heart still bleeds

Everybody kept quiet till today.
What are we scared of?
And that's even the one you know. I was born and raised in the north and fully understand how things work here. The Yobe woman is just one out of many you know.

That's why I'm questioning true federalism. Will true federalism stop this madness? Will true federalism make Nigerians to stop killing Nigerians on account of what happened to foreigners overseas? The issue is bigger than true federalism.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 29, 2015
omenka:
Oh please don't patronize me. Pretend to be smart for once. No one gives a flying fart about you or what you desire.

Nigeria has a population of over 170mill and has got sufficient problems to deal with, no one should go through a self inflicted agony of telling a grown asss man what to do with his life.

If you're fed up being a Nigerian, go sought yourself out in another country already and stop whining online for the love of Christ.

Perhaps, you are not able to comprehend this discussion.

I rest my case bro

Like I said, I wish you well.

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 10:52pm On Dec 29, 2015
Reyginus:

I like the idea of the UAE and USA model but then I don't think it will still be as similar as we expect. What happens when a State decides the impose a particular religion on the masses? Can regionalism solve this? What about violence to people of other regions because of their difference?
Yes, regionalism can and will stop it, because every law you make and actions taken by the people will determine the level of investments that comes to it. If you impose offensive laws and turn violent, investors from within and outside looks elsewhere and because everybody will be busy with themselves, nobody will have any 'dash' to give you and you, your elders and your people will be forced to have a rethink before trying any nonsense to avoid chronic hunger.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 29, 2015
Reyginus:
And that's even the one you know. I was born and raised in the north and fully understand how things work here. The Yobe woman is just one out of many you know.

That's why I'm questioning true federalism. Will true federalism stop this madness? Will true federalism make Nigerians to stop killing Nigerians on account of what happened to foreigners overseas? The issue is bigger than true federalism.

My wonder is this, shy are our people afraid of challenging the status Quo?

Why can't they open up debates on the state if the nation?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 10:54pm On Dec 29, 2015
Reyginus:
Omenka resonates well with what real. You cannot change anybody without changing yourself. Suppose you're called evil, what difference does it make if you're sure you're not and don't believe it. Likewise, a criminal will be changed by those who see him first as human than by those who see him as devil.
“The fountain of content must spring up in the mind, and he who hath so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition, will waste his life in fruitless efforts and multiply the grief he proposes to remove” - Samuel Johnson.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

Yes, regionalism can and will stop it, because every law you make and actions taken by the people will determine the level of investment that comes to it. If impose offensive laws and turn violent, investors from within and outside looks elsewhere and because everybody will be busy with themselves, nobody will have any 'dash' to give you and you, your elders and your people will be forced to have a rethink before any nonsense.
Really? Do investors really look at these things? I mean say a law, Sharia Law, was imposed on a people in a particular state are you trying to say that investors will not come in? Why do we still have people investing in UAE? Secondly, by allowing this are we promoting human rights or we are destroying it in a so-called secular state?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 10:59pm On Dec 29, 2015
Reyginus:

Yes it can, the reason why that madness remains so is because they know that after every thrash, their commissioner of finance will go to Abuja month end to pick their monthly cheque of N2 billion, so they can continue. Ask yourself, did you hear of such nonsense in the late 50's and early sixties till Gowon created the 12 states that is 36 today with 26 of them leprous parasites.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 11:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

Bros, people go to bed in their homes.
At 3am. they are attacked, maimed and killed

Their houses are burnt.

Bros, what is your solution to this problem?

It has been happening for years. It will happen again and again.
Change yourself. You don't want anything properly done. We prefer to protect our tribes. When an independent negotiator linked Ihejirika to BH, you said it couldn't be; even without an investigation.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
MalcoImX:
Omenka resonates well with what real. You cannot change anybody without changing yourself. Suppose you're called evil, what difference does it make if you're sure you're not and don't believe it. Likewise, a criminal will be changed by those who see him first as human than by those who see him as devil.
“The fountain of content must spring up in the mind, and he who hath so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition, will waste his life in fruitless efforts and multiply the grief he proposes to remove”

Our lands are invaded
our people are killed.

We kept quiet and buried our dead.

the pattern repeats until we say. «Enough".

Then you come along to preach change to us.
I don't understand bro.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
MalcoImX:
“The fountain of content must spring up in the mind, and he who hath so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition, will waste his life in fruitless efforts and multiply the grief he proposes to remove”
Lol. My guy, drop all these quotes please. We all know this but the question is how. How does a person who views changing as a taboo change? Tell me.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2015
Reyginus:
Really? Do investors really look at these things? I mean say a law, Sharia Law, was imposed on a people in a particular state are you trying to say that investors will not come in? Why do we still have people investing in UAE? Secondly, by allowing this are we promoting human rights or we are destroying it in a so-called secular state?

Yes investors consider such things and the major prosperous Emirates in UAE (Dubai and Abu-Dhabi) have Sharia laws but do not impose such on others.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

Soyinka and Achebe are products of individual hard work and perseverance, Dangote was given N500,000 ($650,000 then) by a 'wealthy' uncle.
I don't have an uncle to give me N500, 000 but I won't blame it on Oprah or Buhari. I'll try to be my own uncle, maybe then, Buhari or Oprah can help me with a loan (to be repaid).
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

Yes it can, the reason why that madness remains so is because they know that after every thrash, their commissioner of finance will go to Abuja month end to pick their monthly cheque of N2 billion, so they can continue. Ask yourself, did you hear of such nonsense in the late 50's and early sixties till Gowon created the 12 states that is 36 today with 26 of them leprous parasites.
No, but then there was hatred enough to cause a coup and counter coup. That coup and the pogrom removes any credit regionalism has on peaceful existence. The problems started before independence. That was before the republic even came to be. I think we need more than regionalism.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
MalcoImX:
Change yourself. You don't want anything properly done. We prefer to protect our tribes. When an independent negotiator linked Ihejirika to BH, you said it couldn't be; even without an investigation.

Just like when Igbos were accused of being BH, I said its a lie.

America and Israel were also accused of being BH, and I say it's a lie.

Recently, Iran has accused Christians of working in partnership to destroy the shia community and Ivan saying its a lie.

Unman Dan Fodio made Rivers of blood in northern Nigeria during his Jihardism.

Was he inspired by Ihejirika, Israel, USA or CAN?

As you love to protect your tribe, so do we love to protect ours.

Enemies of Nigeria ate those who invade Enugu communities and kill them while they are sleeping.

Shall we fold our hands while we bleed for nothing?

Enough.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

Yes investors consider such things and the major prosperous Emirates in UAE (Dubai and Abu-Dhabi) have Sharia laws but do not impose such on others.
But the Semi-Sharia Law here, I mean where I reside, affects everyone. No alcoholic drinks is allowed but that has still not affected business here.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
Reyginus:
How many people are even willing to undergo an introspection? Do you convince people to do one? And how?
Then who do you blame for your and your society's lack of progress?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 29, 2015
MalcoImX:
Then who do you blame for your and your society's lack of progress?
Myself and My Society. But then what does this your introspection entail? Does it allow asking questions that bother on your existence? Does it cover questions on how we treat a fellow human being? What does it really mean?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 11:14pm On Dec 29, 2015
MalcoImX:
I don't have an uncle to give me N500, 000 but I won't blame it on Oprah or Buhari. I'll try to be my own uncle, maybe then, Buhari or Oprah can help me with a loan (to be repaid).

If you cannot give me huge money, then give me a level playing ground with others.

Try running a 100 meters race with your opponent starting from the 50 meters mark.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

“FG Requires N2trn To Complete Ongoing Road Projects –fashola / Wike Backs Military Operations Against Militants / TUC Chairman Confirms Payment Of July Salaries Without FAAC Allocations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.