Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? (10774 Views)

Don't Lose Hope In Nigeria, Buhari Tells Youths.. / One Year After -buhari-done Enough To Inspire Hope ..... Femi Adesina / Mbaka's Prophesy That Will Restore Your Hope In Buhari's Administration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

And instead of our great Patriots to give solutions on how to solve this problems, they threaten us.
I'm not really for the Biafra thing because it is not even properly defined in the first place. I'm for anything that will bring peace to every one of us. If one can destroy Tribalism and Religion, and create some other thing, maybe Humanity, for people to put faith in, it will come. We can exist together peacefully but that's a nightmare from a place where dreams do not exist. The people always require an opium to act.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
It's a shame that people, human beings with brains, are scared of discussing how they want to live. It's a shame. We prefer to pretend that all is well but still kill and destroy one another with our tongues and swords. What a shame! And when you try to kick against this nonsense you are viewed as an immoral being by the immoral being.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
MalcoImX:
Nobody is chaining you. You chained yourself. Viktor E. Frankl , in Man's Search for Meaning, talked about "the last of the human freedoms," that's if you believe somebody will ever hold you down. He was free even in Nazi concentration camp. But you've got to "choose" and "change" your response, not urging us to change you.

The world over, 40% is the accepted lowest level of pass mark.

In Nigeria, a child scores 1% and is admitted into A federal college.
Another scores 69% in the same exam. but is denied admission.

Talk about, chaining the eagle so the chicken can fly.

Soon, enough, the 1% candidate comes out to rule over the 69%.

How can you build such a nation?

5 Likes

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2015
Reyginus:
I'm not really for the Biafra thing because it is not even properly defined in the first place. I'm for anything that will bring peace to every one of us. If one can destroy Tribalism and Religion, and create some other thing, maybe Humanity, for people to put faith in, it will come. We can exist together peacefully but that's a nightmare from a place where dreams do not exist. The people always require an opium to act.

You cannot destroy tribalism. let alone religion.
I am looking for real and practicable ideas.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by nduchucks: 9:09pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

It's official, Nigeria has no Patriots.

You signature says it all: "Biafra is a Nation worthy of my patriotism"

Now get lost! embarassed
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 9:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

The world over, 40% is the accepted lowest level of pass mark.

In Nigeria, a child scores 1% and is admitted into A federal college.
Another scores 69% in the same exam. but is denied admission.

Talk about, chaining the eagle so the chicken can fly.

Soon, enough, the 1% candidate comes out to rule over the 69%.

How can you build such a nation?
You believe this trash; change yourself Mr. noblezone.. A child who scores 1% cannot graduate to anywhere, cannot even write his name, cannot even rule himself nor even a LG talk less of a country.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Dedetwo(m): 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
nduchucks:

Now get lost! embarassed

Your signature is a slogan used by the vandals during the Nigeria/Biafra civil war. Be very carful what you wish other folks.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

Our forefathers lived before Nigeria. We can live without Nigeria.

Saying the only alternative to Nigeria is Nigeria sounds like slavery.

Indeginuos people have right to self determination, we have an alternative out side Nigeria.

Now, a National conference was held that should assist to usher in your decentralisation.
Now, the North has rejected it.

Bros, I am not discussing "what should be", I am discussing realities. ,

Am being realistic here, Nigerians clamored for a Buhari led change and already they are beginning to loose hope with the so-called change agenda of the scam called APC.
By 2019, they will be back to ground zero, looking for another working alternative and gradually we will limit our options to only decentralization.
Self determination is still possible under a true federation, United States and U.A.E are practical examples.

Oil price is fast crashing, soon there will little or no money to share and the North will realize the futility of waiting of waiting for oil money.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Dedetwo(m): 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
Reyginus:

One sure thing that can destroy tribalism and religion as known to you is disintegration of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by nduchucks: 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dedetwo:

Your signature is a slogan used by the vandals during the Nigeria/Biafra civil war. Be very carful what you wish other folks.

How dare you address members of an institution in which you were once a member, vandals? Otherwise who gave you that information?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dedetwo:

Your signature is a slogan used by the vandals :Dduring the Nigeria/Biafra civil war. Be very carful what you wish other folks.

Which one be vandals again?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
nduchucks:

Now get lost! embarassed
Easy bro. perhaps folks like you are the reason behind my signature.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
MalcoImX:
You believe this trash; change yourself Mr. noblezone.. A child who scores 1% cannot graduate to anywhere, cannot even write his name, cannot even rule himself nor even a LG talk less of a country.

So, relax bro let us reason together

First. this info is legit. It's not a thrash.
I am so sure it is so true that I can bet my life on it.

Such is the tragedy of Nigeria.
This matter was debated in the House if Rep in 2013.

Nigeria is that terrible.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

You cannot destroy tribalism. let alone religion.
I am looking for real and practicable ideas.
Of course you can but not in this country.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dedetwo:

One sure thing that can destroy tribalism and religion as known to you is disintegration of Nigeria.

No really.
They cannot be destroyed but their effects can be minimised
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
United Arab Emirates is a country of seven independent Emirates (Kingdoms) loosely fused together to form a geo-political nation called U.A.E.
The Emirates are Abu-Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjar, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras Al-Khaima & Umm al-Quwain.
Every Emirate(Kingdom) is governed by an absolute monarch or Sheikh(Al-Maktoum for Dubai, Zayeed for Abu-Dhabi etc.) and they maintain their sovereignty absolutely with every Emirate having it's own police, fire service, immigrations, Economic departments etc generating income for itself, the only thing controlled by Abu-Dhabi the capital is the armed forces.
Every Emirate makes it's own laws based on it's uniqueness and others mutually respect it. The seven Sheikhs(Kings of the kingdoms) form the Federal Supreme Council that chooses the head of state from one of the seven and as it is now, the Sheikh of Abu-Dhabi is the current head of state and the Sheikh of Dubai is the vice president with the Sheikh of Sharjar as defence minister.

The autonomy of the Emirates is preserved by it's independent law enforcement and such a set up is the only workable alternative for Nigeria that can guarantee the individual aspirations of various Nigeria segment.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
MalcoImX:

Maybe not 1%, but the picture he painted is very true, my son was a victim of that.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dedetwo:

We are really in a dilemma. Every one of us is in a problem. We can never find peace like this. I don't see the possibility.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
nduchucks:

Now get lost! embarassed
I don't think we should create any room for intellectual poverty.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by meccuno: 9:53pm On Dec 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

That one day, we will have a Nigeria led a president in his 40's or 50's who is a Harvard or UNN first class graduate with dynamics idea and 21st century pragmatic approach to leadership. (An Ibe Kachikwu, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala)

A Nigeria where the group of army officers that fought the civil war and retired will stop passing this country around as private property.(E.g OBJ, IBB, Buhari, Danjuma etc.)

A Nigeria were merit is accorded the first place in all sectors, politics, academics, civil service ect. and quota system alongside federal character is buried.

A Nigeria were 21st century advances technologies are deployed to PREVENT corruption at all sectors and not trying to punish people after the deed has been done.(e.g present JAMB exam system).

A Nigeria were true federalism is practiced both fiscally and politically. Let Lagos, Rivers, Enugu, Delta states earn their income and spend on themselves and not generating income to be shared among other.

More will still come
I believe you are talking of olympia grin
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

Maybe not 1%, but the picture he painted is very true, my son was a victim of that.
Why's he using that then? Your son is a victim of what?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2015
meccuno:
I believe you are talking of olympia grin

Shebi you know say you no well at all at all ! grin grin
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by meccuno: 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

The only alternative to Nigeria is Nigeria, but a Nigeria that is a genuine REPUBLIC. By that i mean a Nigeria that is decentralized, where every zone or people group is allowed to be itself and express itself while constituting part of the federation. Self expressing, self determining zones with only the federal controlling armed forces and diplomatic missions. Case study is United Arab Emirates.
making Nigeria work it should be would only make some regions to return to its unproductive form.......a desert......they wont allow federalism.....and you know who so don't ask me!!
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

What do you mean by May be not 1%?
I am 100% sure that in 2013, the requirement for boys from Your State was 2 marks out 200 while Anambra was 139.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
meccuno:
making Nigeria work it should be would only make some regions to return to its unproductive form.......a desert......they wont allow federalism.....and you know who so don't ask me!!

Then they should form a conditional merger with the working ones.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
Reyginus:
We are really in a dilemma. Every one of us is in a problem. We can never find peace like this. I don't see the possibility.

Let us start by calling a spade a spade.
We must discuss our problems.
and think of solutions.

Why can't we think and talk?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
MalcolmX, how will your proposal take everyone along?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
MalcoImX:
Why's he using that then? Your son is a victim of what?

Bros, I stumbled on this madness in 2013 and has been shouting about it since then.

I am not exaggerating bro
This info is 100% legit.
That is Nigeria for you.
And I am asking, how then do so build a nation together?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by omenka(m): 10:09pm On Dec 29, 2015
FastShipping:

Did you just realize this after Jonathan lost an election?
grin grin grin
If I should give this dude the inspiration he deserves, na 1year ban Mynd44 go give me honestly. cheesy

A grown asss man looking for whom to tell him what to do. Keep waiting while your mates are making the most of the situation they find themselves. Hope when you grow old a pauper and your kids and grand kids ask why you're so poor while your contemporaries aren't, you'd tell them "it was because Nigerians failed to inspire me".

These Nnamumudi Kanu's minion tho.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

Let us start by calling a spade a spade.
We must discuss our problems.
and think of solutions.

Why can't we think and talk?
Fear. Fear of the effects of the outcome. But that's not even a reasonable fear. It's just like the fear of a young man who is unaware he has AIDS but is scared of seeing the Doctor for diagnosis and possible management. Irrational has never solved anything.

I like the idea of the UAE and USA model but then I don't think it will still be as similar as we expect. What happens when a State decides the impose a particular religion on the masses? Can regionalism solve this? What about violence to people of other regions because of their difference?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by meccuno: 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2015
Nigeria is a lost cause. What I see everyday on the news papers and read online is disheartening. Violence,Tribalism,Religious Bigotry And Insensitivity and lack of tolerance to one another. If we keep this up, Nigeria will never survive it and we are gradually moving towards that. We cannot continue to live this. I am igbo and I continue to hear these words err day. And igbo man would never be the president. The first time I saw an eastern COAS was during GEJ. And in the end he was villified,abused and insulted by people who should know better. Nigeria is run by a cult group.....I feel very bad when as a Nigerian I am made to hear these things ....and majority are from you «ÑÒW where. We have so many interest........ The Western Nations USA,UK,Israel,, The easte®n Block eg china,russia,iran,saudi arabia.......how do we survive all these when we have quota system leaders with probably low iq and no certificate? We are in trouble and we all would go down
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 10:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

What do you mean by May be not 1%?
I am 100% sure that in 2013, the requirement for boys from Your State was 2 marks out 200 while Anambra was 139.

Noble listen to me, ndi-Igbo is the only tribe in Nigeria that has the most all round advancement with nothing like federal help and will continue to do so, rising from the ashes of a war ravaged zone to becoming champions of commerce and industry today, so much so that the second lingual-franca in banking halls today is Igbo and all that from 20 pounds each 45yrs ago. Buhari is taking loan of $2.1 to rebuild Northeast destroyed by North-easterners themselves and the Igbos were left to rise from ashes of the destruction of the civil inflicted by 'vandals' like Obasanjo and Danjuma.
By nature, Igbos are wealth creators and managers and will continue to be so, at a point in time, my Yoruba kith & kin will realize that Tinubu is misleading them and will return to the core agitations of the likes of OPC and Afenifere after they must have seen the futility of APC change that returned Nigeria to the Fulani's, which is same thing as what Igbos are asking for, a true federation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Air Force To Hold Firing Exercise From October 4th To 7th In Benue / Tactical Operations: IGP Procures Additional Assets For Deployment, Patrols / Mrs Shettima Rejects Police Orderly Assigned To Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.