Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,331 members, 7,829,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students (50238 Views)

12 Things That Happen During Every Maths Exam (when You Don’t Know Maths) / You Think You Know Maths ? Try This. / Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by kobonaire(m): 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
TheSlyone:

I graduated from ABU also, so am quite electrical engineering students offers more Mathematics elective than their mechanical counterparts
well then you should know it ... math department taught us all the same math courses from 100L -> 500L .... EE and ME
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
DeeTus:
Coz we're damn good at Maths. I love Mathematics so much when i was in school and will impact it on my future kids. Lol.
den u wud av done pure math then
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Alfred234(m): 6:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
Electronzeez:

A typical mathematics student. If you must brag about topics in mathematics don't brag with differential equation Laplace transformation, fourier series , these are topics meant for engineers .

Abeg brag with maths we I never do before.
Am not doubting the fact that you can do those topics I mentioned but one thing I know is that most Engineering students can't do it and even when they attempt it its more of cramming.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Kaylexzy(m): 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2016
Durentt:
medal of honour abi hot slap. He Jst cam here to spill trash

Bro, no vex... him come talk him mind na...

#teamEngineering all d way... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by kobonaire(m): 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2016
Alfred234:

Am not doubting the fact that you can do those topics I mentioned but one thing I know is that most Engineering students can't do it and even when they attempt it its more of cramming.
engineering is not biology - you cannot just cram.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by iWise(m): 6:48pm On Jan 03, 2016
Electronzeez:

A typical mathematics student. If you must brag about topics in mathematics don't brag with differential equation Laplace transformation, fourier series , these are topics meant for engineers .

Abeg brag with maths we I never do before.

The funny thing about your statement is that, if I'm to start a conversation with you involving differential equations, Laplace transforms, Fourier transforms, Fourier series and Z transforms, you prolly wouldn't understand shit about what I am saying.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Odaveboy(m): 6:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
kobonaire:

No sir .... EE and ME do common Math courses from 100L to 500L.
.........bros with all due respect.......he be like make I slap you.....EE and ME ......common kini?
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
martineverest:
Couldn't count the number of times mathematics and computer science students came for solution to mathematical problems... My classmates(mechanical engineers), then, ran tutorials for maths students
grin grin
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 03, 2016
kobonaire:
well then you should know it ... math department taught us all the same math courses from 100L -> 500L .... EE and ME
No need to argue with you. After almost 2years of graduation, all I could remember is that Maths 541; complex analysis was meant for Mechanical Engineering alone. Thanks and that ll be all for now
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
martineverest:
stop lamenting. Engineers are scientists and mathematicians
engineers are not mathematicians. Tak time oooh angry
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Electronzeez(m): 6:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
Alfred234:

And why do you think maths student are not guilty of cramming ? . most of the fundamentsls of mathematics are not provable .

And the first principle is all lie from the graph to the equation . grin
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
sholikay:
@Op..let me tel u the truth an engineering student wil always be superior to a mathematics student.based on the fact that we put all our calculation into something real and productive,bt the mathematicians only solve and solve nothing to work out in real..so also an engineering student can confuse u with proving..an engineering student can prove to u that 1+1=5..like the pix below me..lol
bro, only a mathematician can tell you that what is in that pics is woefully wrong, i can also prove it to be 3,4,5,6,... using another dubious method, ever heard of anything called infinite solution? an infinite solution is an arbitrary number in the real axis, so 2,3,4,5,6,7 and so on are solutions to 0/0, what the person did was to find that of 2, also 3,4,5,... can be found too, dont be deceived! durrent did you fall for this?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by martineverest(m): 6:53pm On Jan 03, 2016
Durentt:
calculus my ass. All d 200lvl elect engr students i know are dealing with indices nd logarithm in their borrowed courses. MEC ENGR. Doin Vectors nd d rest. And dey be feeling fly
have u taken your time to check 400l engineering maths..i did Fourier series,laplance transform,legendre,frobenius,Fibonacci,caunchy riemann complex analysis and numerical analysis (gaussian elomination etc)etc as a mechanical engineer
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Electronzeez(m): 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
iWise:

The funny thing about your statement is that, if I'm to start a conversation with you involving differential equations, Laplace transforms, Fourier transforms, Fourier series and Zeta transforms, you prolly wouldn't understand shit about what I am saying.

Why don't you start and mind less if I will comprehend or not . if you have got point to prove , prove it and stop this show of chest beating .
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by jstriker442(m): 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
lrguru:
was in 400 level in 2004. how elect/elect?
bout 12 yrs ago. Senior bros, i greet you.
Elect/elect has been developing through the years.
Hws the business world.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:
bro, only a mathematician can tell you that what is in that pics is woefully wrong, i can also prove it to be 3,4,5,6,... using another dubious method, ever heard of anything called infinite solution? an infinite solution is an arbitrary number in the real axis, so 2,3,4,5,6,7 and so on are solutions to 0/0, what the person did was to find that of 2, also 3,4,5,... can be found too, dont be deceived! durrent did you fall for this?
how can i grin
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by martineverest(m): 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
Durentt:
YOU ARE CORRECT BRO. Youare d first engr dat i've seen accepting engineering needs mathematicians, we math students arejst too under-rated. I kno engineers need math nd phy. But why wud they brag to be mathematicians?? An engineering std is an engineering std, they shud stop trying to replace mathematicians. Funny enof our country gv mathematicians jobs to engineers.
who is disrupting that?. Mathematics and drawing are languages of engineering
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2016
martinsmartest:
With all ur algebra and analysis, how many stuff have u guys made with it
u jst pack abstract in ur head with no hope of converting it to a reasonably useful thing
and u re happy abt it
smh to u guys
Poo!
Are you from this generation
Go to Google and Search ''Earth Equation'' and ''GagutsTheorem'' and see the effect its have on global economy!

+Wat has Eng.Std cum up with A 500L Elect/Elect who cant wire a self Con! Or a MEC/ENG who cant fix a car.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Alfred234(m): 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2016
kobonaire:
engineering is not biology - you cannot just cram.
Lol bro I know what am saying I have friends in Engineering department. In my school after 200lvl Engineering students don't do any math course again so they just cram to pass the few math courses they will do in 100 and 200lvl although they have their own Engineering math that they do from 300lvl till 500lvl but its more of objective and practicals than theory. it depends on the school sha but in my school Engineering student do more of objective/shading courses than theory courses
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by iWise(m): 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2016
Electronzeez:

Why don't you start and mind less if I will comprehend or not . if you have got point to prove , prove it and stop this show of chest beating .

Using Z transforms as an example, a mathematician is not interested in how you apply this to the study of electrical signals, we are more concerned about the nature of their region of convergence etc etc. A concept I believe is alien to most Naija engineers.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by ajebuter(f): 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
They are very good in calculations but some then can 'Gbagaun' for the entire Africa in their grammar
grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nicepoker(m): 7:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
Packing formula and abstract for head. Without converting them to anything reasonable. Maths students should lay low when engineering students pass by.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
ajebuter:
They are very good in calculations but some then can 'Gbagaun' for the entire Africa in their grammar
grin
offpoint. Lady Abeg move or we sweep you out undecided
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Chrisx1x(m): 7:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
tdayof:
i didnt do borrowed calculus, spent so many hours on caculus on my first year. I have seen so many mathematics and statistics student whose mathematics knowledge is below mine. i would say this mathematics ting is about knowing it. some mathematics student just do mathematics and they are bad at it.

I dont know about other engineering students but am sure of aeronautics. Mechatronics, mechanical and others dropped calculus before us.
u made some very reasonable points here but there are some gurus in maths that devote quality time daily solving complex maths.these are the true mathematicians.they are very few but extremely talented.its just annoying when i hear engineers claiming the role of mathematicians
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Donpizzle(m): 7:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
martinsmartest:

so u need a masters before u can b useful
chai
smh to u guys again

mathematicians are critical thinkers. we re great problem solvers. the study of operation research nd mathematics modelling jst to mention a few have made our brains so great nd sharp dat we think faster dan others........we identify problems quickly than others(wherever we find ourself especially in our place of work) and find solution to them ASAP.we rule the world.
Mathematics: THE BEDROCK OF SCIENCE...
REP futo
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by leofab(f): 7:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
Durentt:
YOU ARE CORRECT BRO. Youare d first engr dat i've seen accepting engineering needs mathematicians, we math students arejst too under-rated. I kno engineers need math nd phy. But why wud they brag to be mathematicians?? An engineering std is an engineering std, they shud stop trying to replace mathematicians. Funny enof our country gv mathematicians jobs to engineers.
engineers are mathematicians but mathematicians ain't engineers..
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
martineverest:
have u taken your time to check 400l engineering maths..i did Fourier series,laplance transform,legendre,frobenius,Fibonacci,caunchy riemann complex analysis and numerical analysis (gaussian elomination etc)etc as a mechanical engineer
I actually did some of those in my 200l, and i'm doing the rest now in 300level as a math major, the fact is engineering students do applied maths(the basics), while math major do both applied and pure maths to the maximum. but una try o!
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by anigbajumo(m): 7:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
catalanscrew:
In Engineering we do mathematics up to 400L. We call it Engineering Mathematics EG201, 202,301, 302, 401 and almost all Engineering courses are full of calculations, integration, Matrix, Differentiation, permutations and combination, Bearing and distance, Trigonometry etc. Most of the Nigerian universities Mathematics as a course end in 400L except Federal University of Technology that are up to 500L.
Represent. FUT-YOLA and FUT-MINNA

If those courses u referred to as core mathematics, then I laugh in Chinese. mathematics Is much more than mere topics you put on there.

where did u put,cachy's theorem,cachy rayman equation, complex analysis, Taylor's series and power series,analytic function and so on.

I'm a physics students in university of Technology and av done DAT Topics u written up there wen I was in 100L second semester together with our MTH students,nw @400L.......but mathematics is beyond chips topic you put on there.Mathematics students has deep understanding and can attend to any mathematical problems than Engineering and physics students.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by oz4real83(m): 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
Remii:
because most maths students got to read maths after failed attempts to gain admission to read engineering
who told u that? I read mathematics in Uniben although it wasn't what I applied for. Over 99percent of my course mates including me initially applied for medicine and surgery but because of a large number of equally qualified applicants,we were transferred to mathematics. It takes great amount of courage to request mathematics as first choice course of study.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Sheikwonder(m): 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
lrguru:
UNIBEN Ekoko u mean. u just reminded me of the good old days in UNIBEN. DO1.

Of course!

Before EMA and ELA did the finishing on my uniben life...It was all good though...
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by maestroferddi: 7:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
ajebuter:
grin
Sorry, I am engineer and sure I am better than you both in written and spoken English.

You had better stayed in your lane...
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by ajebuter(f): 7:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
Durentt:
offpoint. Lady Abeg move or we sweep you out undecided

Dude, why now? It is a known fact that scientists, mathematicians and engineers speak the language of calculation and 'gbagaun' in grammar.

Start watching tongue grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Police Brutalize Prof. Sunday Edeko Of Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma / Ugandan University Sacks Nafiu Lukman Abiodun For Sexual Harassment / Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.