Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,252 members, 7,815,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? (23216 Views)

Boko Haram Releases A Propaganda Footage Of Life In Sambisa Forest. Photos / $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 / Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by TyrantInAsoRock: 11:33am On Jan 14, 2016
aieromon:
grin grin grin

I can see everything turning around for someone's good these days.

From back to back hits such as

"The State Of Nigeria Under President Buhari"

"Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money"

"The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me"

"Why It Is Illogical To Claim That 'PDP' Destroyed Nigeria For Sixteen Years"

We now have new back to back hits

"Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy"

"Colonel Sambo Dasuki And The Demand For Justice"

"$2.5billion Arms Fraud: Why Dokpesi's Explanation Is Unacceptable"

"Beyond #ArmsProbe: The Need To Probe The Entire Defence Budget"

"Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda?"

grin grin grin

I smell longthroat for Aisha rice here

1 Like

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by ChristStriker(m): 11:34am On Jan 14, 2016
Xapio:
The protection seeking criminal at his best..doing what he knows how to do best.. Give him food and he will sing for you..hungry chameleon grin

Tonyebarcanista is just like FFK.

Chukel

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by ayindejimmy(m): 11:37am On Jan 14, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
This article is to put to rest the attempt by some opponent of the ongoing anti-corruption fight to label the $2.2billion Arms scandal a propaganda.

While some opponent of the #armsgate probe allege that the money involved is $300million, facts on ground shows otherwise.

The $322 million Diverted Abacha Loot
Firstly, let me clarify on the $322million(not $300million) Abacha loot.

The said Abacha's loot came in mid(and late) 2014 from the Principality of Liechtenstein($227million) and the State of Jersey in the Channels' Island.

Before the monies even came, the FG set up a three man interministerial committee comprising of exNSA Sambo Dasuli, ex-justice minister Muhammed Adoke and ex-finance minister Ngozi Iwaela.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/fg-receive-n37bn-abachas-loot-june-25/

The FG panel recommended that the money be used to purchase arms and on January 20, 2015, Ngozi Okonjo Iwaela sent a memo to President Jonathan to transfer $322 million to Sambo Dasuki which was approved.
Excerpt of the letter reads...

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/how-okonjo-iweala-diverted-n61-4bn-abacha-loot-to-nsa-report/

This was confirmed by NOI in her December 10, 2015 statement through her spokesperson Mr. Paul Nwabuikwu. Here is a quote in his statement

www.punchng.com/arms-scam-i-transferred-322m-to-dasuki-says-okonjo-iweala/

I think this has been clarified that the $322 million was also enmarked for arms purchase. Let us see whether it was then entire money or a part of the whole.

The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal
After the sack of Sambo Dasuki as NSA in July 2015, the FG set up panel to investigate arms purchase from March 2007 to 2015 when Dasuki left as it was discovered that though the FG under Jonathan claimed to enmark billions for arms, the army authorities(including former Chief of Defence Staff, Alex Badeh) were complaining of lack of arms to confront Boko Haram. Here is an excerpt of the committee finding

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/193398-%E2%80%8Bbuhari-orders-arrest-of-ex-nsa-dasuki-others-indicted-in-arms-contract-report.html

If you add the figures above, it will give an estimated total of $2.2billion. Also, the emboldened is clear enough to tell that the diverted arms money was from 2012 to 2015. While the $322 million is part of the entire arms money, it is not the ONLY money involved. Dasuki was appointed NSA in July 2012.

The panel also discoverd that “The contracts, which were said to be for the purchase of four Alpha Jets, 12 helicopters, bombs and ammunition were not executed and the equipment were never supplied to the Nigerian Air Force, neither are they in its inventory.

Is The $2.2billion Arms Probe Still A Propaganda?
After reading the above, will someone still call the $2.2 billion arms probe a "propaganda"?

If you read all the statements of Sambo Dasuki, he never denied the total money involved. He merely said that all payment were approved by Goodluck Jonathan
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/arms-contracts-payments-endorsed-by-ex-president-jonathan-dasuki/120239.html.

Even Jonathan's statement in the USA of not approving $2.2 billion at once does not invalidate the subject. Nowhere did anybody allege that the entire $2.2 billion came in one batch. It is the estimated cumulative of extra-budgetary amount on arms probe from 2012 to March 2015.

We are at a period where we have to choose between taking a position calling for the prosecution of alleged corrupt government officials and their allies, or standing behind the corrupt element to fight against the anti-corruption crusade. This is not about APC and PDP but about Nigeria. There is no sitting on the fence.

Since taking this noble position on the fight against corruption, I have been abused, insulted and called names by opponent of the corruption fight. Nevertheless, I shall not yield to blackmail nor cease from standing for justice. Justice must be served!

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
If you're going to walk this path.... Then
You're not alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Ecoterrorism(f): 11:37am On Jan 14, 2016
repogirl:
TonyeBarcanista, Aisha rice don finish na, why are you still trying to scrape the burnt bottom pot? grin

Abi did she cook a fresh pot for you? undecided
I'm only waiting for his long epistle on his planned defection

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by joseph1832(m): 11:37am On Jan 14, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
Cc snailspeed

@op. The article you are writing a rejoinder to clearly spelt out that the 2.1billion naira is the amount of money budgeted for the ONSA, part of the funding for that 2.1 billion naira is from the Abacha loot.

Nobody is calling dasuki a saint but we want a clear seperation of propaganda from facts.

I will implore the op to read the charge against dasuki and see that he is being charged for less than a billion dollars while propaganda has made us to see every thing as black
Be it black, blue or green, money was allocated for a specific purpose and that purpose wasn't achieved.

All those responsible need to pay. Plain and simple. Stop saying propaganda.
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by GodpunishBuhari: 11:38am On Jan 14, 2016
Alphaoscar:

You Guy's been shouting security votes everywhere. when did Office of the NSA start managing security vote in this country

At least it was public knowledge that aside the $320m returned Abacha loot the FG under Jonathan and Dansuki borrowed a whopping $1b which was approved by the national assembly to purchase arms. are you guys trying to classify that too under security vote?

Its only a deranged mind that will tag this $2.2b #armsgate as propaganda even when the people involved never denied their roles in the while mess.

Trash trash trash from a browny

3 Likes

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by philips70(m): 11:38am On Jan 14, 2016
dtruth3:
With due respect Mr TonyeBarcanista, I have been willing to ask you this question.
Please I will be very grateful if you can oblige me.

1. Are you still a member of the PDP?

2. Are you considering ever decamping from PDP to APC?

3. If question (2) is YES, hope you will be bold enough to Announce it officially?

Finally, I have read your write up, and its most regrettable that you have provided only the sources, that have collaborated with this present administration to play the JUDGE and the JURY.

If I may ask, has the FG ever given Dasuki an equal opportunity to defend itself?

Not everyone accepts your definition of being in opposition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by repogirl(f): 11:40am On Jan 14, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
I'm only waiting for his long epistle on his planned defection
I suspect he has even joined the league of the APDP (Association of Political Defectors and Prostitutes).

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by loadedmax(m): 11:42am On Jan 14, 2016
Times are hard. Dollar don fly. Where British pound dey? Tonye don port. He should just say it and not reason as a court jester.

1 Like

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Alxmyr(m): 11:43am On Jan 14, 2016
I was warned against people who seek to always be correct at all times.
They shift position like a chameleon and willing to turn facts upside down to sooth their ever changing position.
Op is such a person.

However to the issue at hand. Have you ever heard or read any documentation from the accused on the $2.1 Billion arms deal?
Is there any evidence concrete to support all your assertions except newspaper excerpts that are not admissible before competent court?
If there is enough evidence against Dasuki, why not proceed on trial once and for all? Is he saying he does not want to face trial?
Why sensationalise an issue, gag the judiciary and blame everyone for a simple matter that you can come to court with and get justice?

The burden of proof is on EFCC and its employer to proof Dasuki has done something wrong. And by the way, what we are saying is simple:

SINCE DASUKI IS BEING TRIED ON PAGES OF NEWSPAPER, THE COURT TRIAL MUST ALSO BE OPEN TO ALL. NO SECRET TRIAL. WE WANT TO KNOW! AND WE DESERVE TO KNOW!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:44am On Jan 14, 2016
jaybee3:

cc: tonyebarcanista
Thanks.. I should I had this earlier.
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by spinoff: 11:46am On Jan 14, 2016
9jatriot:
When the protection seeker does a good analysis and you want to applaud but restrained by the fact that he may one day turn logic on its head when he does a flip flop and you will be back to licking you wounds.

If you really stand for justice, so be it.
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Ecoterrorism(f): 11:46am On Jan 14, 2016
joseph1832:
Be it black, blue or green, money was allocated for a specific purpose and that purpose wasn't achieved.

All those responsible need to pay. Plain and simple. Stop saying propaganda.
let's not preempt the courts, let the court do its job then we can now accept the judgement in good faith

3 Likes

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by maestroferddi: 11:46am On Jan 14, 2016
No matter how fast falsehood travels, truth and objectivity will definitely meet and overtake it.

Propaganda is on trial...

6 Likes

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by TyrantInAsoRock: 11:46am On Jan 14, 2016
repogirl:
TonyeBarcanista, Aisha rice don finish na, why are you still trying to scrape the burnt bottom pot? grin

Abi did she cook a fresh pot for you? undecided

He's already gearing up for the nxt edition

Anywhere food face

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by dukie25: 11:47am On Jan 14, 2016
Someone who was abusing Buhari just 2 months ago... Na wa.

Hunger is a disease

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by AtlanticBreeze: 11:47am On Jan 14, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
and where does dokpesi got his 2.1b naira from, people like u should be throw into lagoon for fish to swallow
Dokpesi is a business man and he did business with the office if the NSA. Very legitimate business. people like you are just zombies who shouldn't be allowed to comment on something they know nothing about on social media. Rubbish

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Ecoterrorism(f): 11:48am On Jan 14, 2016
repogirl:
I suspect he has even joined the league of the APDP (Association of Political Defectors and Prostitutes).
I laugh hard when anybody thinks he/she is a saint or doesn't have ulterior motives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by maximunimpact(m): 11:49am On Jan 14, 2016
smart move Baka..........its better u transform fully to anti-curruption crusader than remain in the camp of corruption (PDP)........effectively blurring the bridge of returning to where u belong (APC)
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by 9jatatafo(m): 11:50am On Jan 14, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
Foolish is he that doesn't read the papers and MORE Foolish is he that beloved everything he reads in the papers

Beware of hungry authors

1 Like

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:50am On Jan 14, 2016
philips70:

Not everyone accepts your definition of being in opposition.
There is a difference between being opposition and being a nuisance. I believe the latter is where most of them belong.

1 Like

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by bros12345: 11:51am On Jan 14, 2016
This thread lacks constructive and intelligent discussions that characterised the snailspeed thread yesterday. I just enjoyed that thread, whether from bacanista and others. This counter thread is just too boring and poor of intelligent argument.

APc sympathisers Pls do a better job. Get some intelligent guys to come here and make comments. Even the links baacanista posted just supported what snailspeed wrote.

For now I'm more inclined to reason with snalspeed than this op.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Jesusloveyou: 11:51am On Jan 14, 2016
TyrantInAsoRock:

Clap for ur sef u try

Sambo didn't purchase weapon but the army push back bh with bare hands even buhari defeated bh technically with bare hands
When stomach becomes brain this is inevitable

Keep it up December will soon be here u can join ur co rice-tivists in "Aisha rice summit"
when did they push back bh, or u don,t know dansuki and gej was d sponsor of bh, d boko boys they could not fight for 5yrs, sudenly postpone election to defect bh within 2wks, and after election d defected bh rise again, if arms were actually bought to defect bh before election, so where is d purchase arms and why did d defected bh rise again, dansuki or gej never purchase weapon according to alex badeh, or defect bh according to shekau, stop been saTANist or stop supporting corruption
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by drss(m): 11:51am On Jan 14, 2016
Hhahahahahaha cheesy i knew members of AREA will open a counter thread against yesterday's Atomic Revelation by snailspeed. grin there's notin like $2 billion arms deal budget. Buari is just trying to wip up sentiments by sensationalizing d accumulated budgets of d NSA into Dasukigate arms deal probe.
Anyway d courts will settle d matter.

1 Like

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by joseph1832(m): 11:51am On Jan 14, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
let's not preempt the courts, let the court do its job then we can now accept the judgement in good faith
Yea right? Like the courts have been doing a good job for a while now right?
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Randerl: 11:54am On Jan 14, 2016
God Bless You. May Your Days Be Long and Fulfilled With The Riches and Glory of God. Amen.

TonyeBarcanista:
This article is to put to rest the attempt by some opponent of the ongoing anti-corruption fight to label the $2.2billion Arms scandal a propaganda.

While some opponent of the #armsgate probe allege that the money involved is $300million, facts on ground shows otherwise.

The said Abacha's loot came in mid(and late) 2014 from the Principality of Liechtenstein($227million) and the State of Jersey in the Channels' Island.

Before the monies even came, the FG set up a three man interministerial committee comprising of exNSA Sambo Dasuli, ex-justice minister Muhammed Adoke and ex-finance minister Ngozi Iwaela.

The FG panel recommended that the money be used to purchase arms and on January 20, 2015, Ngozi Okonjo Iwaela sent a memo to President Jonathan to transfer $322 million to Sambo Dasuki which was approved.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/how-okonjo-iweala-diverted-n61-4bn-abacha-loot-to-nsa-report/

This was confirmed by NOI in her December 10, 2015 statement through her spokesperson Mr. Paul Nwabuikwu. Here is a quote in his statement

I think this has been clarified that the $322 million was also enmarked for arms purchase. Let us see whether it was then entire money or a part of the whole.

After the sack of Sambo Dasuki as NSA in July 2015, the FG set up panel to investigate arms purchase from March 2007 to 2015 when Dasuki left as it was discovered that though the FG under Jonathan claimed to enmark billions for arms, the army authorities(including former Chief of Defence Staff, Alex Badeh) were complaining of lack of arms to confront Boko Haram. Here is an excerpt of the committee finding

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/193398-%E2%80%8Bbuhari-orders-arrest-of-ex-nsa-dasuki-others-indicted-in-arms-contract-report.html

If you add the figures above, it will give an estimated total of $2.2billion. Also, the emboldened is clear enough to tell that the diverted arms money was from 2012 to 2015. While the $322 million is part of the entire arms money, it is not the ONLY money involved. Dasuki was appointed NSA in July 2012.

The panel also discoverd that “The contracts, which were said to be for the purchase of four Alpha Jets, 12 helicopters, bombs and ammunition were not executed and the equipment were never supplied to the Nigerian Air Force, neither are they in its inventory.

After reading the above, will someone still call the $2.2 billion arms probe a "propaganda"?

If you read all the statements of Sambo Dasuki, he never denied the total money involved. He merely said that all payment were approved by Goodluck Jonathan
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/arms-contracts-payments-endorsed-by-ex-president-jonathan-dasuki/120239.html.

Even Jonathan's statement in the USA of not approving $2.2 billion at once does not invalidate the subject. Nowhere did anybody allege that the entire $2.2 billion came in one batch. It is the estimated cumulative of extra-budgetary amount on arms probe from 2012 to March 2015.

We are at a period where we have to choose between taking a position calling for the prosecution of alleged corrupt government officials and their allies, or standing behind the corrupt element to fight against the anti-corruption crusade. This is not about APC and PDP but about Nigeria. There is no sitting on the fence.

Since taking this noble position on the fight against corruption, I have been abused, insulted and called names by opponent of the corruption fight. Nevertheless, I shall not yield to blackmail nor cease from standing for justice. Justice must be served!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by joseph1832(m): 11:54am On Jan 14, 2016
drss:
Hhahahahahaha cheesy i knew members of AREA will open a counter thread against yesterday's Atomic Revelation by snailspeed. grin there's notin like $2 billion arms deal budget. Buari is just trying to wip up sentiments by sensationalizing d accumulated budgets of d NSA into Dasukigate arms deal probe.
Anyway d courts will settle d matter.
I believe you read the OP's thread? You saw all the links he attached right? Did snailspeed attach a single link to his thread yesterday?

There's a fine line between giving un substantiated opinions, and giving opinions with substance.
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by ejiinii: 11:55am On Jan 14, 2016
You post a link from a media organization that his part propaganda agenda from apc you want us to believe

If buhari is confident as a president let him try dasuki in the open like saraki

Good Jonathan has said money giving to dasuki is not for arm purchase why all this media trial
jaybee3:

cc: tonyebarcanista

3 Likes

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Niceiroko: 11:56am On Jan 14, 2016
its a scam, they made us to believe it was all 2.2b at once so GEJ is correct, the story should be said well and this way
TonyeBarcanista:

2 Likes

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by drss(m): 11:56am On Jan 14, 2016
maestroferddi:
No matter how fast falsehood travels, truth and objectivity will definitely meet and overtake it.

Propaganda is on trial...
true talk.

2 Likes

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Wahala90: 11:57am On Jan 14, 2016
Those who want our leaders to be brought to book for their actions must do so in good fate, without sentiments and prejudices. Buhari should first explain to Nigerians or resign, as per the killing of Bernard Ogedengbe, Bartholomew Owoh and Lawal Ojulope.

Is it not a shame that the same man who killed our youths unjustly is now our president, claiming he wants to fight corruption? Is it not nauseating that we can not even get a simple sorry for the heinous past acts of Buhari? Is Buhari's precedence not enough to put a big question mark on our sanity as a democratic society?

First things first. The blood of any Nigerian is more valuable than Buhari's ambition or any money. Those who come for equity must come with clean hands.

3 Likes

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by ejiinii: 11:57am On Jan 14, 2016
The link the op posted makes what is saying vague and out of point there is no arm money giving to dasuki

joseph1832:
I believe you read the OP's thread? You saw all the links he attached right? Did snailspeed attach a single link to his thread yesterday?

There's a fine line between giving un substantiated opinions, and giving opinions with substance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari In Group Photo With AU Leaders / Nigerians Protest In UK Against Nigerian Government Over Insecurity (Pictures) / Shiites Suspend All Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.