Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State (49709 Views)

"Millions Of Muslims In Nigeria Are Coming To Jesus" - Man Says (Photos) / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by bashsani(m): 5:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
Eronmosele:

I speak with Bashsani because unlike most others of his lot, he seems to answer with some decorum. Otherwise I don't usually waste my time for these kind of things. There is an old and new testament. That's what I know. Complement? Your book contradicts the new testament in many ways you should know. Jesus was very clear about whom He would be sending after Him. It's definitely not your prophet because he failed the basic test, he is dead and buried. The Spirit of God whom Jesus promised to send after Him has been with us since the day of Pentecost in the book of Acts. Your final testament does not exist. The new testament is complete as it is. When Jesus died on the cross according to the will of Almighty God He said "it is finished!" as He breathed His last. Of course all these are edited out of your book and you are told again that the Bible we have today is not original. You forget that we still have the original ancient texts and manuscripts with us delicately preserved. And about popularity of the books, I will leave you to statistics and Google. The Koran does not even come close to the Bible in terms of popularity, best selling and distribution statistics. This is not disputable please check your statistics very well as this is a well known fact. When you say things like this it negatively affects the credibility of the other statements you have made.
my statistics is in regard to all other books as u mention inur previous post,and abt the originality of the bible we all knw the bible had different authors and it's very evident that the bible contradicts itself I still direct u to the topic on the fp there is more than enuf to defend
Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by bashsani(m): 5:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
Eronmosele:

I speak with Bashsani because unlike most others of his lot, he seems to answer with some decorum. Otherwise I don't usually waste my time for these kind of things. There is an old and new testament. That's what I know. Complement? Your book contradicts the new testament in many ways you should know. Jesus was very clear about whom He would be sending after Him. It's definitely not your prophet because he failed the basic test, he is dead and buried. The Spirit of God whom Jesus promised to send after Him has been with us since the day of Pentecost in the book of Acts. Your final testament does not exist. The new testament is complete as it is. When Jesus died on the cross according to the will of Almighty God He said "it is finished!" as He breathed His last. Of course all these are edited out of your book and you are told again that the Bible we have today is not original. You forget that we still have the original ancient texts and manuscripts with us delicately preserved. And about popularity of the books, I will leave you to statistics and Google. The Koran does not even come close to the Bible in terms of popularity, best selling and distribution statistics. This is not disputable please check your statistics very well as this is a well known fact. When you say things like this it negatively affects the credibility of the other statements you have made.
regarding the basic tests I ve enough evidence in the bible to convince u but this thread is already dead I dear u invite me to an on going thread whr a lot will witness how I will finish u
Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by Eronmosele(m): 6:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
bashsani:
you are joking there is already an on going debate on the authenticity of the bible a lot of u are out of idea resorting to u only understand thru the holy spirit when the holy spirit cud not inspire a single report of the bible. I don't argue on this lane pls join the debate it's on the fp
Do I sound like a joke to you? Do you know who the Holy Spirit is? You speak of what you know nothing of and yet with such arrogance. I have nothing more to say to you. I have indeed said all I should. If someone said he found controversies in the Bible, get a bible and read it yourself see the context and applications and then you will see clearly. I have followed a lot of those so called controversies and it's a shame. The length people go to see what is not there. Read for yourself. You are free to comment on but on my final note I still want to emphasize, if all that Parisbookaddict wrote about your prophet as recorded in the Koran is true, then if you are a decent human being, you would agree with me that your prophet is not worthy of emulation. The world would be such a terrible place with more like him. God has blessed me with children. God forbid that any of my son's wives be sexually attractive to me! God forbid! God forbid that I would look upon a child with sexual intent! Oh! God forbid!! That kind of insanity uncommon even in the animal kingdom. God forbid! You should even be ashamed of yourself. If I must then I will follow that Prophet of whom is recorded no sin. I am proud of the kind of life Jesus lived.
Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by parisbookaddict(f): 6:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
bashsani:
u knw nothing abt the Quran, all u do is misquote thw Quran here is verse in the Quran that condem killing of innocent soul quran 5:32 and pls check ur verses b4 u st3t spwewing trash. Nobody quoted u because nobody really hav ur time but u knw nothing abt Islam

salam

you mean this verse
From Qu'ran 5:32, “...If anyone slays a person, it would be as if he slew
the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved
the life of the whole people.”

i have read that passage many times before
let me quote the Fuller context which says;

Qu'ran 5:32-34, "On that account: Therefore we prescribed for the
Children of Israel that who so slays a soul not to retaliate for a soul
slain, nor for corruption done in the land, shall be as if he had slain
mankind altogether; and who so gives life to a soul, shall be as if he has
given life to mankind altogether. Our Messengers have already come to
them with the clear signs; then many of them thereafter commit
excesses in the earth.
This is the recompense of those who fight against God and His
Messenger, and hasten about the earth, to do corruption there: they
shall be SLAUGHTERED, or CRUCIFIED, or their hands and feet shall
alternately be STRUCK OFF; or they shall be banished from the land.
That is a degradation for them in this world; and in the world to come
awaits them a mighty chastisement,
except for such as repent, before you have power over them. So know
you that God is All-forgiving, All-compassionate."

*** Notice how you can slay a person if the person spreads corruption in
the land or as some translations call it, "mischief". This "corruption in
the land" or "mischief" can mean anything such as Preaching the
Gospel of Christ, making Muslims uncomfortable by questioning the
Qu'ran or Muhammed, drawing Mohammed, supporting western education
etc This has therefore been an excused used by Jihadists like
BokoHaram, ISIS, Hamas, hezbollah, Al shabba, Alqueda etc to murder,
kill and destroy.

notice also
1 - It explicitly states that this was a commandment to the Children of
Israel, i.e. the Jews! This is not a commandment to all people, and it
certainly should not be misused as if this is Allah's command to
Muhammad's people.
2 - Even if this were a command to the Muslims, there's still an escape
clause: "unless it be for murder or spreading mischief in the land." If
someone is "spreading mischief", he can still be killed. Now let's think
for a moment. The would-be Times Square bomber considers Americans
to be spreading mischief in Palestine and around the world (practically
all Muslims I know think this, even the ones who are American citizens).
Accordingly, even if this verse were to apply to someone like Faisal
Shahzad, he would still be justified in his slaughter.
Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by parisbookaddict(f): 6:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
Blackfire:

wicked girl.
Anytime u are coming back to Nigeria, let me know so i can arrange a personal security for u.

Wicked, wicked , wicked girl.
*laughs uncontrollably*

lol.. the truth makes muslims angry
i remember when i started posting on islam as ifeann, they called me all sorts of names from enemy of islam, jewish agent to prostitute eg tartar9 empire mrola, rilwan yazach, etc. it was so sad to see grown muslim men throw insults thinking it will make me fear posting more infotrmation on mohammed... they even created threads to discuss ifeann on the islamic section.. some of the muslims have given up, am sure some are reconsidering islam, every ex muslim is one less potential jihadist

1 Like

Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by clefstone(m): 6:31pm On Jan 24, 2016
bashsani:
let me also ask u this question would u let the man u caught on ur wife in ur house go just like that? Let's assume u did not take the law in ur hands u now reported to the nearest police station only for the DPO to open his bible and tell just let him and don't forget to forgive ur wife. How would u feel? And to the fornicator do think him knowing this will let ut wife b? The next time u catch what will u do?
well, it's difficult to know how one would react in such an hypothetical situation if one has not been in it in the first place. However, I know of situations where men have caught their wives in the act and didn't kill anyone. Some even forgive their wife and continue with the marraige. Difficult but time heals all wounds. Forgiveness is a Godly virtue and since we sin against God and ask for mercy, it is only right we forgive those who sin against us

1 Like

Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by bashsani(m): 6:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
parisbookaddict:

salam

you mean this verse
From Qu'ran 5:32, “...If anyone slays a person, it would be as if he slew
the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved
the life of the whole people.”

i have read that passage many times before
let me quote the Fuller context which says;

Qu'ran 5:32-34, "On that account: Therefore we prescribed for the
Children of Israel that who so slays a soul not to retaliate for a soul
slain, nor for corruption done in the land, shall be as if he had slain
mankind altogether; and who so gives life to a soul, shall be as if he has
given life to mankind altogether. Our Messengers have already come to
them with the clear signs; then many of them thereafter commit
excesses in the earth.
This is the recompense of those who fight against God and His
Messenger, and hasten about the earth, to do corruption there: they
shall be SLAUGHTERED, or CRUCIFIED, or their hands and feet shall
alternately be STRUCK OFF; or they shall be banished from the land.
That is a degradation for them in this world; and in the world to come
awaits them a mighty chastisement,
except for such as repent, before you have power over them. So know
you that God is All-forgiving, All-compassionate."

*** Notice how you can slay a person if the person spreads corruption in
the land or as some translations call it, "mischief". This "corruption in
the land" or "mischief" can mean anything such as Preaching the
Gospel of Christ, making Muslims uncomfortable by questioning the
Qu'ran or Muhammed, drawing Mohammed, supporting western education
etc This has therefore been an excused used by Jihadists like
BokoHaram, ISIS, Hamas, hezbollah, Al shabba, Alqueda etc to murder,
kill and destroy.

notice also
1 - It explicitly states that this was a commandment to the Children of
Israel, i.e. the Jews! This is not a commandment to all people, and it
certainly should not be misused as if this is Allah's command to
Muhammad's people.
2 - Even if this were a command to the Muslims, there's still an escape
clause: "unless it be for murder or spreading mischief in the land." If
someone is "spreading mischief", he can still be killed. Now let's think
for a moment. The would-be Times Square bomber considers Americans
to be spreading mischief in Palestine and around the world (practically
all Muslims I know think this, even the ones who are American citizens).
Accordingly, even if this verse were to apply to someone like Faisal
Shahzad, he would still be justified in his slaughter.

yea this one of the two I replied and ur own definition of mischief is appalling, islam is a complete religion with policies guiding it's practicality there each mischief has its own punishment and to tell you this is only applicable in islamic owned states and it's inhabitants. Ans don't quote any action of a muslim we debate strictly on the teachings of the two religion cos I'm not ready to start criticizing Christianity with the action of some fake pastors and again there is an on going topic on fp abt the authenticity of the bible I searched for but u re no whr to b found. I will like to see ur defence and again this thread is already dead I will like to challenge u on a fresh one will look forward to that.these are my conditions. BTW I don't why u re adopting the islamic way of greeting stay blessed
Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by bashsani(m): 6:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
clefstone:
well, it's difficult to know how one would react in such an hypothetical situation if one has not been in it in the first place. However, I know of situations where men have caught their wives in the act and didn't kill anyone. Some even forgive their wife and continue with the marraige. Difficult but time heals all wounds. Forgiveness is a Godly virtue and since we sin against God and ask for mercy, it is only right we forgive those who sin against us
this is only but ur choice if there is no law guiding those kind of fornication a lot of thing will go out of hand let me remind u islam also those not permits u to take law in ur hands so in such situation u report to the authority with four witnesses each must see them while in the act then the punishment takes it cause. Let educate u this is only applicable in islamic owned state if a muslim took that measure in a non islamic state he is on his own and let the law of the state also take its cause. The prophet once jugde the Jews according to their book. So islam respects other religious beliefs
Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by parisbookaddict(f): 6:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
bashsani:
yea this one of the two I replied and ur own definition of mischief is appalling, islam is a complete religion with policies guiding it's practicality there each mischief has its own punishment and to tell you this is only applicable in islamic owned states and it's inhabitants. Ans don't quote any action of a muslim we debate strictly on the teachings of the two religion cos I'm not ready to start criticizing Christianity with the action of some fake pastors and again there is an on going topic on fp abt the authenticity of the bible I searched for but u re no whr to b found. I will like to see ur defence and again this thread is already dead I will like to challenge u on a fresh one will look forward to that.these are my conditions. BTW I don't why u re adopting the islamic way of greeting stay blessed

which one of two relied??
i dont remember ever discussing with u on nairaland before.

i posted that verse to show you how violent it is and how the message ..If anyone slays a person, it would be as if he slew
the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.” was a message for the jews.. its actually in the jewish Talmud which mohammed copied..

i assume you are over 20 years of age, start to reason and see how evil islamic teachings is..

by the way i did NOT adopt islamic way of greeting
its actually an Arabic word which means peace and not islamic, arabic language existed far before islam came..i greet my igbo friends kedu nwanee, yoruba bawo ni oremi and hausa yaya dey mutiminna..

i greet people with words they identify with..so calm down on your adpotion theory..

if you want a debate create a thread and mention me..
Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by bashsani(m): 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
Eronmosele:

Do I sound like a joke to you? Do you know who the Holy Spirit is? You speak of what you know nothing of and yet with such arrogance. I have nothing more to say to you. I have indeed said all I should. If someone said he found controversies in the Bible, get a bible and read it yourself see the context and applications and then you will see clearly. I have followed a lot of those so called controversies and it's a shame. The length people go to see what is not there. Read for yourself. You are free to comment on but on my final note I still want to emphasize, if all that Parisbookaddict wrote about your prophet as recorded in the Koran is true, then if you are a decent human being, you would agree with me that your prophet is not worthy of emulation. The world would be such a terrible place with more like him. God has blessed me with children. God forbid that any of my son's wives be sexually attractive to me! God forbid! God forbid that I would look upon a child with sexual intent! Oh! God forbid!! That kind of insanity uncommon even in the animal kingdom. God forbid! You should even be ashamed of yourself. If I must then I will follow that Prophet of whom is recorded no sin. I am proud of the kind of life Jesus lived.
this ur I forbid I forbid is that the way u make ur own defence I will still use kind words on u I knw u re running out of point no insult check through my post u will neva find insult I just want to expose those ur fake points I'm challenging I thought u re good in this it's a fact known to evry one that the bible needs the help of the spirit to b interpreted the Quran needs no holy spirit just common sense. I want to this while safeguarding our interest and that of our religion. Bring it on
Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by bashsani(m): 7:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
parisbookaddict:

which one of two relied??
i dont remember ever discussing with u on nairaland before.

i posted that verse to show you how violent it is and how the message ..If anyone slays a person, it would be as if he slew
the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.” was a message for the jews.. its actually in the jewish Talmud which mohammed copied..

i assume you are over 20 years of age, start to reason and see how evil islamic teachings is..

by the way i did NOT adopt islamic way of greeting
its actually an Arabic word which means peace and not islamic, arabic language existed far before islam came..i greet my igbo friends kedu nwanee, yoruba bawo ni oremi and hausa yaya dey mutiminna..

i greet people with words they identify with..so calm down on your adpotion theory..

if you want a debate create a thread and mention me..
violent message show me one and I will teach u the meaning without the need of any spirit assistance
Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by tartar9(m): 8:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
Eronmosele:

He actually did. Feel free go ahead and join the others who have read and are doing according as they have read. There are many groups, all Islamic in origin you can pick from. Go ahead, rape, kill, maim in God's name.
please convince me.I'd start with you.
Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by bashsani(m): 4:18pm On Jan 25, 2016
Eronmosele:

Apologies accepted.
Friends? . Thank you
Straight to your question
Their was a lot critics on the works of the Prophet regarding copyrights. Let me first remind you, the Prophet was neva learned,he was an illiterate, He didn't know how to read nor write. Even though some of His teachings, philosophies, ideologies etc were termed copied especially in occasions when they are in agreement with existing philosophies, ideologies and so on, however most of his works disagree example during his time,it was considered that the sun was static, this includes all philosophers and scientists of his time and those before Him, only recently after hundreds of years after his death to be proved that indeed the sun rotates. If Muhammad(SWA) indeed was a copy cat why didn't he copy the works of the great Philosophers.
For the sake of argument let's agree that he copied from the talmud. The question here is what's the position of talmud during his time?
During the era of the Prophet, the talmud was considered to be a highly respected book as it contains the teachings and opinions of thousands of pre-Christian era, which includes Law, jewish ethics, philosophies, customs,history and many other topics. It is the basis for all codes of jewish law,so mostly the Israelis are in harmony with the teachings and doctrines of the talmud. Note that during His era the isrealites were highly educated because most of the prophets were Jews the Quran also believe this by even referring to them as Ahlul kitab meaning the people of book. So the logic of using the talmud is similar to the logic you use in using the Quran to convince muslims. So the point is not to copy but to in-alienate them i.e to create a nexus between the 2 doctrines. This also enlighten us that the verse 5:32 was referring to the isrealites hence the mention.
Again let assume the verse was copied with no copyright (I wonder if u have the copyright to the English you speak not to talk of the owner of all languages and ideas) I arrest my pen with these questions
W
1.is the verse passing a positive message or negative
2. You proposed that the devils whispered into the ear of the prophet what proof do u hav.
By the way God did not claim any verse He is only in harmony with common ideology of the people as at that time. Thank you
Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by yazach: 4:51pm On Jan 25, 2016
parisbookaddict:

lol.. the truth makes muslims angry
i remember when i started posting on islam as ifeann, they called me all sorts of names from enemy of islam, jewish agent to prostitute eg tartar9 empire mrola, rilwan yazach, etc. it was so sad to see grown muslim men throw insults thinking it will make me fear posting more infotrmation on mohammed... they even created threads to discuss ifeann on the islamic section.. some of the muslims have given up, am sure some are reconsidering islam, every ex muslim is one less potential jihadist

Since you have started, you are yet to point just one person that fall for your ignorant, which you will never

May Almighty God save us from fruitless effort like yours grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by Mosh1: 5:12pm On Jan 25, 2016
parisbookaddict:

allah is a figment of a 7th century Arab pedophile's and warmongers imagination. If u truly believe "he" exists then u approve that he claimed over 2000 lives on the last haji and allowed a crane fall on one of islams most "holy" or rather unholy Grand mosques killing over 100 people.
You see firstly,that is your own definition of Allah and I am not here to educate you because it won`t change your belief.Secondly,God created everyone and he killed/takes people`s life as he wishes,nobody can choose how to die.what would you say about the death by destruction in Synagogue Church,did they chose to die like that? did people stop worshipping Jesus or going to church because it happens there.What about death by wars,Tsunami,earth quake,famine etc. So,u can make a constructive argument without edging towards blasphemy.
Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by Demmzy15(m): 1:05am On Jan 26, 2016
matiuni:

Na lie.How was islam spread in Northern and south westerrn Nigeria particularly Ilorin,ogbomoso and oyo North.How can somebody be denying what were well documented.From mecca to the the rest of the middle east,Turkey and even Jerusalem.Islam was spread with swords and arrows
Islam was spread to many parts of Nigeria through trade, in fact we've had Yoruba Muslims 100s of years before Sheikh Uthman Ibn Foodee(Dan fodio).

Many Turks converted to Islam, and then took control of other parts of modern day Turkey. The introduced many policies which then led many to convert to Islam.

Umar I took control in a bloodless manner, no one died from both sides. People converted to Islam due to the kindness of Muslim rulers, are you willing to challenge this fact?! undecided
Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 26, 2016
Alhumdullah very nice of the christian clerics to make the donation. A very noble charitable act.
Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
Empiree:
Just give it one more try. But overall, you tried cus many failed on FB. You are so closed to getting it right.

Here is your semester exam again grin

the answer is 1
Re: What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State by Empiree: 3:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

the answer is 1

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Evelyn Joshua: Primate Ayodele Pays Condolence Visit To TB Joshua’s Widow / Bishop Gwajima Sex Tape Leaks / Monarch University Built By Bishop Tom Samson Where School Fees Is N500k (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.