Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,483 members, 7,854,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:43 AM

MEND Attacks Lagos - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Attacks Lagos (24445 Views)

Poll: If true, this attack is:

horrible: 67% (116 votes)
wonderful: 32% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. / Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by superstar1(m): 10:06am On Jul 15, 2009
mend or militants ot woteva u r called should limit its wahala to their troubled and pathetic region.any attempted attempt to take their criminality act to the west will lead their annihiliation of their nationhood. what is the biz of lagos with 9ja delta. some people will still come here and be applauding wot they are doing. this is gross act or irresponsibilty,callousness and highest level of criminality that shoul be condemned by all. 9ja armed forces ineptitude is not an excuse for them to be killing and maiming innocent citizens. they should settle their scores with their politiciands. i repeat they should not try bringing their criminality to they wesy or else they are calling for a show down, till then
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 10:08am On Jul 15, 2009
'
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by na2day2(m): 10:15am On Jul 15, 2009
back2back:

these MEND are coward.

Lagos is not capital of Nigerian anymore.

Let me them go after Abuja and may be Kano or Sokoto.

You will see how the Hausa will wipe-them-out like bunch of irritating flies.

so are u calling the yorubas cowards too, that they can not wipe MEND out? undecided undecided undecided
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 10:21am On Jul 15, 2009
nawoo
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by RuuDie(m): 10:25am On Jul 15, 2009
This is a MAJOR development in the Niger Delta war. With this audacious attack on Nigeria' commercial capital, located miles from the oil fields, the Niger Delta War has now officially expanded to become the Second Nigerian Civil War.

Those who have till now characterized the delta militants as a bunch of disorganized hoodlums are about to see just how wrong that assesment has been all along. Without mentioning the facilities and infrastructure by name, Lagos, Nigeria is a target-rich environment for determined saboteurs, and it is now safe to say that the chit has definitely hit the fan, with this massive explosion occurring within shouting and shooting distance of the metropolis .

Lets see how this MEND folks will fare farther inland in the land-locked areas. . . . its about time they came outta their shell anyway!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by RuuDie(m): 10:30am On Jul 15, 2009
ThinkRait:

It is a pity that Nigerians don't take time to analyse issues before making comments and drawing conclusion.
The fact that the press said MEND was responsible and MEND itself claimed responsibility doesnt make the story true.
Al Qaeda will claim responsibility for anything that affects the American people and the American economy. If a 'Piper Alpha' happens in Texas today, Al Qaeda will claim responsibility. I see this as propaganda.

Come to think of it. What is the distance (by sea) between the ND states and Lagos?
How many naval bases are there between the waters of Delta and Lagos states?
How much fuel does a speed boat need to travel between Bayelsa and Lagos?

Assuming the boys hatched the plan within Lagos territory, how did the smuggle their weapons through? Is our land security system that porous?
What were the SSS, police and other intelligence agency doing when the plans were being hatched?
Or is it that Nigeria willingly gave out Bakassi peninsular knowing fully well our security system cant withstand a Camerounian onslaught?

Atlas cove belongs to NNPC. Who stands to gain from the destruction of NNPC facility?
What was the nature of the damaged facility? I guess it was a petroleum products import facility.
If fuel scarcity returns to our roads, who will benefit from it? MEND or businessmen?

I dont have the answers to these questions but I feel we should ask questions rather than swallow whatever we hear hook, line and sinker.

Good points you raised there man. . . . . . xpecially the highlighted points!?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by banom(m): 10:47am On Jul 15, 2009
superstar1:

mend or militants ot woteva u r called should limit its wahala to their troubled and pathetic region.any attempted attempt to take their criminality act to the west will lead their annihiliation of their nationhood. what is the biz of lagos with 9ja delta. some people will still come here and be applauding wot they are doing. this is gross act or irresponsibilty,callousness and highest level of criminality that shoul be condemned by all. 9ja armed forces ineptitude is not an excuse for them to be killing and maiming innocent citizens. they should settle their scores with their politiciands. i repeat they should not try bringing their criminality to they wesy or else they are calling for a show down, till then

What is their oil and their oil money doing in lagos ? you sound to me like a hopeless fool, mind you i am not from niger delta. but in my own judgement, the entire nation most especialy hausas and Yorubas owes Niger deltans unreserved apologies for taking their oil , making them poor and gross maginalisation of the area, perhaps i suggest you visit the area and see things for your self.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by erekere(m): 11:02am On Jul 15, 2009
Well in my own opinion, i think the MEND people shuld rather call other militant group together and let them wipe out those who they view as the people destroying this country cos i do no that if not 4 the fact that we have this square pegs in our round holes then maybe today we wont av found ourselves in this mess this country is now.there is no hope at all 4 any body in this country due to the fact that people mismanage wat we realise in the Niger Delta so i think instead of bombing the oil facilities,they should please help nigerians wipe away this hungry and corrupt politicians with their weapons.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Jakumo(m): 11:24am On Jul 15, 2009
RuuDie:

Lets see how this MEND folks will fare farther inland in the land-locked areas. . . . its about time they came outta their shell anyway!

Any threat to Lagos is a deadly blow to Nigeria's jugular vein, since Lagos is the country's primary sea port, located, as it was till now, a safe distance from the delta war zones that always imperil the Warri and Calbar sea ports.

The hit-and run guerrilla tactics being employed by small bands of insurgents are as old as warfare itself, and have the potential of inflicting economic and social damage far exceeding the cost of fielding those small, compact sabotage teams.  There never will be a large invasion force of Izon warriors fanning out in hovercraft from all rivers, yet now as we speak, their grievances are being felt in Lagos, the engine of Nigeria's vestigial economy.

The surgical strike against the MAIN point of refined fuel discharge in Lagos is indicative of meticulous military planning that seeks to minimize civilian deaths while gradually strangulating the economy in a relentless war of attrition and targeted sabotage.  Civilians who never made a dime off oil prospecting in Nigeria will sadly be the main losers and victims in this war as with all, as the stakes are raised at every tit-for-tat raid by federal troops or rebels.

History, it seems, is repeating itself in Nigeria, on this July day in the year 2009.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by presido1: 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2009
superstar1:

Did i hear you say any attempted attempt? They have striked and are planning another one you are hear shouting any attempt.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by freezy(m): 12:40pm On Jul 15, 2009
presido1:

Did i hear you say any attempted attempt? They have striked and are planning another one you are hear shouting any attempt.

Damn! Presido, u really need to brush up your tenses.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Apelles: 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2009
It is the height of foolishness to believe that attacking Lagos is getting at either Yorubas or the Federal Government. The loved ones of as many as are happy about the Lagos attack will suffer the first casualty
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by presido1: 12:53pm On Jul 15, 2009
freezy:

Damn!, u really need to brush up your tenses.
Your country is on fire you are here looking for tenses. Keep on looking dude.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by GeorgeD1(m): 12:54pm On Jul 15, 2009
if we were in any other counry than nigeria, the chief of defence staff would
have tendered his resignation letter first thing on monday morning well before
news of this incident leaked to the public for having failed in his duty. but you
won't find that happening in this country. what a shame!

one day, i won't be surprised if republic of togo puts together a rag-tag army
and proceeds to aso rock to sack the pot-bellied military there and take over
this country.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Joshcoli(m): 1:32pm On Jul 15, 2009
this guys are really insane, its like they are now formally announcing what has been on ground for a long time, please they should remain on strike and never come back,
Cows angry
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by presido1: 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2009
@Joshcoli

How come your post on NEPA/PHCN come up on Mend thread.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by lot14: 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2009
wasup wit dis MEND sef angry?ar they d only grieved,comon we are losing too many lives with these dudes blowingup the whole place.Govt is working on all these but comin to the west to disturb peace it's too bad, we shouldn't 4get dem sef get issues amist themselves.we are all guilty of all thats happening,mend should drop arms and embrase dailogue cus the more katakata the longer the solution.GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by debosky(m): 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2009
Apelles:

It is the height of foolishness to believe that attacking Lagos is getting at either Yorubas or the Federal Government. The loved ones of as many as are happy about the Lagos attack will suffer the first casualty
What about the loved ones that have died from pollution, cancer and violence by the JTF in the Delta? Don't their lives count as well?

PS - MEND has called a ceasefire.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by akigbemaru: 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2009
@ba-namoo
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is their oil and their oil money doing in lagos ? you sound to me like a hopeless fool, mind you i am not from niger delta. but in my own judgement, the entire nation most especialy hausas and Yorubas owes Niger deltans unreserved apologies for taking their oil , making them poor and gross maginalisation of the area, perhaps i suggest you visit the area and see things for your self.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mind you Lagos has always been and would forever be. Lagos offers more to FG than the oil money, the seaports alone pay more than 15 billion nairas every month to FG. Lagos has more to offer the collective Nigerians, it’s success paves ways for Abuja, Kaduna and other states in Nigeria. NYC doesn’t only build by US alone, it’s all collective efforts of foreign investors. The whole world knows about Lagos, and FG exploits that means too by telling all the foreign investors to have headquarters in Abuja and I don’t see anything wrong with that. Even Kaduna the neighboring state to Abuja enjoys much success of Lagos too.
Abuja is the capital and as you know, all attention is now in Abuja. Lagos has Mega City project of about $400 billions. How would it get that money?
Simply through foreign investors, since they know the prospect of Lagos. Among the significant projects:
Chinese Lekki free trade zone – couple of Billion dollars
Badagry resort by Michael Jackson brother (Marlon)--- $3.4 billion dollars
Badagry business village -- couple of Billion dollars
South African Badagry amusement park -- couple of Billion dollars e.t.c.
If you got a common sense, you got to know that prospect on all these is bigger than oil money; after all Italy doesn’t have oil and still a developed country.
Fashola taps from Water prospect, and then the FG is still trying to sabotage his efforts by claiming water belongs to its territory. The waterway taxes paid by Lagosians go to other states too. Then, your foolish moocher chuckles about MEND’s destruction in Lagos, you got to know that Lagosians never bought fuel for free. If Nigeria did not even have OIL or OYEL as Igbo people like you pronoun it, the depot in Lagos would still be; because it just a reservoir not refinery.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ocelot2006(m): 4:13pm On Jul 15, 2009
This is really bad. Atlas Cove is of extreme strategic importance. As our refineries produces only 10% of petroleum products for internal consumption, we rely heavily on imports. Atlas Cove is the one point were petroleum products are offloaded. Take that out, and we have a problem. I guess those at the western naval command got complacent, assuming that all attacks by MEND were localized within the Niger-delta region. And both the sss and DIA have failed as they ougth to have picked up some chatter prior to the attack.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2009
I asked a simple question earlier. It was aimed at those folk claiming (more like creating) a "tribal" dimension to MENDS strike.
The question (with a bit more detail)  is:
Where does JTF thats bombing Niger Delta communities get the fuel for their operations, is it in any way connected to Atlas Cove?

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by superstar1(m): 4:27pm On Jul 15, 2009
some of u are just daft by saying they used ur blood money to built lagos. lagos and south west was developed with our windfall from cooca sales.if u have any grudges go to abuja or better still kaduna, the heart and centre of the people using ur money to flenj.ask ur brodas from biafra wot happened to dem when they were heading towards west.mend is about to meet its waterloo if they head towards south west. we fought june 12 without a single gun shot and we got presidency, gandhi fought the british for 40years in india without a single gun shot. stop celebrating criminality all in the name of struggle when all u do is destroy,kidnap, maim and intimidate hapless citizens, it is a pure act of cowardice. if u can really fight why dont u stand up to jtf in ur own terrain, why were u on the run when they stood up to u---- u r just some bunch of oil seeking miscreants and claiming struggles. the question is out of all the funds u ve gotten from oil bunkering, kidnapping (out of ur many lawlessness), how much have u used to develop ur community, how much have u used to provide water in form of bore hole for the people u are claiming u r fighting for. u can see that you are fighting for ur pocket and u will definately be worse tahn an obj or yar adua when u get to power. out of the many u have stolen or claimed to have been ur share of national cake that u have taken, u cannot even help ur community ----- if mend is ur recognisable leader from south-south, i am definately sorry for soth south.qed
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 15, 2009
nuzo:

I still wonder what you expected me to deduce from the picture if not a set of people that looked dead or about to die, laying lifelessly in a space meant for waste and being carted away for mass burial.
Having made clear what motivated my thoughts, I want to thank you for reminding me that the picture is normal.

Thank you madam.

repeat after me three times

[size=14pt]THERE IS DIGNITY IN LABOR. MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY GREED ALONE.[/size]

Now, I know you have better jobs for them as drug couriers and armed robbers, but if everybody becomes an armed robber, then there'll be no one left to rob. So some people have to rely on honest work, and get themselves stinking,dirty, and tired, in order to improve their lot in life.

However, we're all aware there are easier ways to get rich! eg join some "militants" and oil bunkerers, become an almajiri if southern militancy isnt your style, or simply join armed robbery gangs which cut across tribes- thats one thing unifying Nigerians!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Heffalump(m): 4:39pm On Jul 15, 2009
I really enjoyed the post  by superstar1 concerning the nefarious tendencies by MEND of late -by attacking atlas colve with dynamite. There is no point attacking other regions in the name of causing economic sabotage to the fed govt. I must say that they have far exceeded their limit to a greater extent.
Violence must not beget violence, else u loose ur political ground. That is why the govt is using tactical and diplomatic measures to address this issue. The entire world is currently washing this.

@Negro Ntns: lets be realistic, we all know that the Niger Delta areas have been neglected by past governments and alot of effort is been put in place by this present regime to correct the anomaly of the past. We must give peace a chance to allow +ve change. What the govt wants is the chance to rewrite the history. But then, why is it that the Ijaws of the niger delta have the natural proclivity towards aggression and violence compared to other national ethnicity within the coastal region? MEND which is entirely an ijaw organization must give peace a chance or crumble with the slightest provocation because Nigeria is greater than what they think they are!! Unknown to this miscreants, they have lost the flavor of fighting for justice, because justice they don't want but criminality!!!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 4:43pm On Jul 15, 2009
All these people, una sabi talk sha.
MEND has acted? Are we witnessing regional traits?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by superstar1(m): 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2009
@ Beaf,

you are quite amusing by ur celebration of criminality and you will carry your bible on sunday and head to curch or carry ur quran or woteva you worshipped and head to mosque or only God knows where , maybe okija. No matter the sugar u used to quote criminality, it is still a criminality. yes MEND struck, does that makes sense, HELL NO taking into consideration teh amnesty period we are in. The FGN will unleash its power after the expiration of the 60days grace. Your villages will be reduced to rumbles again and u will be shouting on top of ur coward voice saying the FGN is being too hard on those small boiz. Criminality is criminality, wherever, even in heaven. If we are all decry this calumny and wanton destruction by MEND, they will realise it is high time they retire into PH or wherever to enjoy the evil gotten money from oil bunkering and kidnapping. Their evil will soo catch u[p with them, confirmed.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Heffalump(m): 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2009
For the avoidance of doubt, MEND is a terrorist organization and should indeed be treated as one. We all know this and the whole world is aware of this fact too. They have since lost their dignity in the hearts of men. They can't win this war, NEVER!! If the East cannot survive a break up, how much more, they? They are just a microcosm (sic) of the entire country the govt is toying with. THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED. Am afraid because they combine their brutality with illitracy and madnes. May the souls of the innocent people who died in this struggle rest in peace. Amen
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by fayahsoul: 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2009
MEND needs an innovative strategy.  

The strategy used to fight for a "true federation" differs from that used to fight for a secession. What does MEND want? a secession or a true federalism?

By the way, besides the igbos, ijaws, hausas and yorubas aren't there 246 other ethnic groups?

Their silence or viocelessness on this and other issues is disturbing.

Make una share una opinions and or grievances
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by akigbemaru: 5:30pm On Jul 15, 2009
@Ikeyman00

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
now the whole world can see for themselves so when the see omo nna in lagos, the better desist from eludin their oduduwa selves if they can
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I guess, you dey “Kolo” and your herbs remain just one to complete; despite you are dealing with heavy medications. Many herbalists had given you placebos instead of drugs that would have had therapeutic effects on you. Some even misconstrued your illness to Bi-polar or Autism. I know your problem; you have had a kryptonite mixing with your already feeble hydrocephalous brain. There by making you act with eccentricity; an aberrational behavior that devoid to the contrary.
The same enemy in disguise! Get off from Ijaw people’s d$cks. Ijaw people will never support your Bia-fry’s selfish interest, especially when it was so glared to them that you are brainwashed with “Aro-Chukwu’s caste” mentality and ideology; which says if you are not 100% Igbo, you are so inferior! You ran helter-skelter, even zig-zag strides and nobody is there to nudge. That tells you that your chicken has come home to roast.
Ijaws issues are just tips of an iceberg, don’t put your mouth Biafrans, it’s a family thing. Remember the whole South West territory, I don’t care if you are culturally different from Yoruba. Then, the Biafrans after your seperation, the new problems begin, if you think the whole South East is yours. The Nassarawas and Benue got the three-quarter of the whole South East. You think you can use this to lit up your Biafran mission. We had defeated you before and we would do it again.

To Becoomrich, Beaf, Jakumo, Presido1. I say f.uck all of you too. I know you are all paid already to talk shi.ts about Yorubas, I may advise you to desist from your lunatic criticism  and stop blaming us for every last of your adversity.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2009
fayahsoul:

MEND needs an innovative strategy.  

The strategy used to fight for a "true federation" differs from that used to fight for a secession. What does MEND want? a secession or a true federalism?

By the way, besides the igbos, ijaws, hausas and yorubas aren't there 246 other ethnic groups?

Their silence or viocelessness on this and other issues is disturbing.

Make una share una opinions and or grievances

they're all in support of MEND, revolution and Biafra.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by hilli666(m): 5:41pm On Jul 15, 2009
We must all, as patriotic citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and in the interest of our sovereignty and National security, Fully comprehend without any measure of doubt, the detrimental significance of such Terrorist organisations such as MEND and the role it plays in the destabilisation of the country. Such an organisation is Detrimental to Economic growth,  Detrimental to Global stability, Detrimental to National safety and security, Detrimental to the reconciliation process in the Delta region, and Detrimental to the political process (even thought non existent). We "CAN NOT", "WILL NOT", and "SHOULD NOT" condone the propagation and promulgation of the guerrilla ideology in the Nigerian political process.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha3: 5:44pm On Jul 15, 2009
debosky:

What about the loved ones that have died from pollution, cancer and violence by the JTF in the Delta? Don't their lives count as well?

PS - MEND has called a ceasefire.

MEND says "Ceasefire" under threat, citing planned military offensive in the Niger Delta
Wednesday, 15 July 2009 07:12 By Jomo Gbomo
MED fighters
MEND Release: Barely 12 hours into our ceasefire, the military Joint Task Force has dispatched seven gun boats with heavily armed troops from Warri and are headed towards one of our camps located around the Delta/Ondo state border.

If this information from a very reliable source within the JTF happens to be true, the ceasefire will be called off with immediate effect.

We are monitoring the armada and sincerely hope that the planned attack will be converted to a war exercise.

http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3221:mend-says-qceasefireq-under-threats-citing-planned-military-offensive-in-the-niger-delta&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply)

The Worst Civilian Rule Is Better Than The Best Military Dictatorship / APGA Storm Edo State For Campaign- Pictures / RevolutionNow: Police Revealed Why They Fired Teargas At Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.