Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,049 members, 7,859,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:30 PM

MEND Attacks Lagos - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Attacks Lagos (24464 Views)

Poll: If true, this attack is:

horrible: 67% (116 votes)
wonderful: 32% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. / Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 1:04am On Jul 15, 2009
idot!!^^^ post ur ulgy small head pic lets see

olochi
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by udezue(m): 1:17am On Jul 15, 2009
Pure RUBBISH then Yoruba ppl should stop using fuel and start trekking to work. Ode.
Na Yoruba land when its for ur benefits. Why don't you tell the FG which includes Yoruba to stop drilling in Ijaw / Eastern land then after all na their native land no be Yoruba land.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by fayahsoul: 1:22am On Jul 15, 2009
@ asha80

Are you yin or yan?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 1:26am On Jul 15, 2009
ikeyman00:

idot!!^^^ post ur ulgy small head pic lets see

olochi

once again, my ugliness isnt the topic.

Se na big head wey I talk, na im dey pain you?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 1:31am On Jul 15, 2009
wetin de pain me^^^

all i said u like to yab me a lot

before na monkeyman u de call me abi hahhahh

oh well applogy for real, my wahala for nl is with seina

but seriously wetin becomerich do dey sweet u lady haha
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 1:36am On Jul 15, 2009
Pure RUBBISH then Yoruba ppl should stop using fuel and start trekking to work. Ode.
Na Yoruba land when its for ur benefits. Why don't you tell the FG which includes Yoruba to stop drilling in Ijaw / Eastern land then after all na their native land no be Yoruba land

ude

u dey mind them

when i talk on odududwa trait, some say make i take am easy, but there u go
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 15, 2009
Some people are just crazy enough not to use their senses, FG property in Lagos. Why can't those crazy bastards try that in Northern side and see what will help to their fucking oil and the people there. This is Lagos and it belongs to the yorubas they should repeat that, there are FG property in Igbo Land and the north they should go there if they want not here in Lagos. adios
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sosisi(f): 1:53am On Jul 15, 2009
edwardd:

Some people are just crazy enough not to use their senses, FG property in Lagos. Why can't those crazy bastards try that in Northern side and see what will help to their fucking oil and the people there. This is Lagos and it belongs to the yorubas they should repeat that, there are FG property in Igbo Land and the north they should go there if they want not here in Lagos. adios

They've already done it and your are here crying on the internet,
You want them to repeat it abi
you folks are funny
why not put your words to action and deal with them rather than hiding in your bedroom and shaking your fist.
This is the time for action not talks
They have blown up a piece of "Yoruba land" and you've done nothing
please let us hear something
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by cicero(m): 2:37am On Jul 15, 2009
This is sad.
Other nations are producing doctors, engineers, scientists, writers and child prodigies while nigeria breeds criminals, from aso rock to the states, from traditional institutions to niger delta.
So sad.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 4:45am On Jul 15, 2009
$osisi:

They've already done it and your are here crying on the internet,
You want them to repeat it abi
you folks are funny
why not put your words to action and deal with them rather than hiding in your bedroom and shaking your fist.
This is the time for action not talks
They have blown up a piece of "Yoruba land" and you've done nothing
please let us hear something

News has it that Tompolo and his gang are still locking around Lagos waters waiting to strike again.

ikeyman00:

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos
« #518 on: Today at 12:49:15 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

u cannt be serious!! u have no wahala collectin oil revenue of the delta abi

ur opinion can always be open to debate, in as much as u disagree

Ikey, I say sharap dia. Oil revenue is a right of every nigerian, except the niger deltans. tongue
Its also a right to pollute their land. Nigeria has spoken.

human waste because two of the guys are sleeping?

Can someone help me out here because I still fail to see why Beaf, Nuzo and others are calling for war over this photo.

My only conclusion is, based on their responses, they're very unfamiliar with the process of waste management.

This is a garbage disposal truck in a busy lagos area. What exactly is the problem?  Spell it out for me, plz.

You feel the boys/waste disposal workers should have a better situation in life, and they're being held back by Nigeria and the govt?  We have oil money therefore Nigerians ought to be above this type of work?

I still wonder what you expected me to deduce from the picture if not a set of people that looked dead or about to die, laying lifelessly in a space meant for waste and being carted away for mass burial.
Having made clear what motivated my thoughts, I want to thank you for reminding me that the picture is normal.

Thank you madam.

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 4:49am On Jul 15, 2009
sley4life:

whats the latest now on MEND. Have they flown to Abuja, ive sent some officials to the airport to welcome them

Govt beefs up security at airports
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) on Tuesday said it has beefed up security around the country's airports. The agency stated that the measure was part of its renewed security efforts at the nation's 22 airports in collaboration with other security agencies following Monday's militant attack on the Atlas Cove Jetty in Lagos. FAAN Managing Director, Mr. Richard Aisuebeogun, while receiving the new Commissioner of Police, Nigeria Police Anti-bomb Squad, Mr. Chris Olakpe, in his office in Lagos, said the agency had directed all its aviation security officers to be on the alert with a view to enhancing safety and security at the airports and their environs. Aisuebeogun told the workers not to spare time in checking any suspicious baggage and luggage.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/breaking_news/article01
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by akigbemaru: 5:09am On Jul 15, 2009
@ikeyman00, asha80, udezue, tpia, sley4life, ow11, osisi, becoomrich or becoompoor, Abagworo, naijaking1 or Biafraslave1, sapeleguy or sapelegirl, Mafioso, presido1, Iyke-D, Nuzo, WilyWily, Ibeme, Beaf and Jakumo
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The art of inhumanity pepetuated by our past leaders must be checked and redress if not nigeria is a dead dream. In the near future to be exact 2015 nigerian govt will collaps because of aggressive measures they will use against the niger deltans paving way for biafra to triumph in the year 2010 . To warn the world on their neglect of biafra actualisation, especially united states of america .soon many country will abadon them around 2014 after plot will emerge politicall to remove him but a vile person shall arise but many nations shall turn against united state and make war against them and they will be enemy of many nations and united state will seek assistant of biafra federation to unite the africa though he is an antichrist but they will desire the glory of the new kingdom biafra. In the year 2020 biafra shall have a liberation by united nation and will become a supreme nation but the north will revolt but will not succede because united state will gv arms and assistant to them to restore normalcy in the province. Niger delta should join hand with biafra if not they will not win their agitation. That is my prediction and when that happens then the world will knw that their is a prophet in the east.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To all the Biafrans who were so excited about the destruction caused by MEND on coves’ depot, I wish every last one of you ten times of this in your backyards. MEND still falls within the South Western territory; all they need is to get spanked for their wrong deeds. So, you haters, especially the Biafrans who call Yorubas betrayers and blame us for the reason their Biafran war mission was defeated. I would say stop blaming us for the nemesis of your yesterday as the reason your future is blight. All of you need to stay back in village and build it. These Biafrans as follow: ikeyman00, asha80, udezue, tpia, sley4life, ow11, osisi, becoomrich or becoompoor, Abagworo, naijaking1 or Biafraslave1, sapeleguy or sapelegirl, Mafioso, presido1, Iyke-D, Nuzo, WilyWily, Ibeme, Beaf and Jakumo; they are for no good, if you call them on issues affecting East, I bet you, they won’t give you any concrete answers. Thus, when it comes to Yoruba or Hausa issues, they are technical-know-how and you will never find them anywhere near East. They believe they could easily see behind closed doors! The Nairaland foremost critics we all know you are working; but charity begins at home (you might as well spend half of your time on NL to develop east).
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by presido1: 5:18am On Jul 15, 2009
akigbemaru:

To all the Biafrans who were so excited about the destruction caused by MEND on coves’ depot, I wish every last one of you ten times of this in your backyards. MEND still falls within the South Western territory; all they need is to get spanked for their wrong deeds. So, you haters, especially the Biafrans who call Yorubas betrayers and blame us for the reason their Biafran war mission was defeated. I would say stop blaming us for the nemesis of your yesterday as the reason your future is blight. All of you need to stay back in village and build it. These Biafrans as follow: ikeyman00, asha80, udezue, tpia, sley4life, ow11, osisi, becoomrich or becoompoor, Abagworo, naijaking1 or Biafraslave1, sapeleguy or sapelegirl, Mafioso, presido1, Iyke-D, Nuzo, WilyWily, Ibeme, Beaf and Jakumo; they are for no good, if you call them on issues affecting East, I bet you, they won’t give you any concrete answers. Thus, when it comes to Yoruba or Hausa issues, they are technical-know-how and you will never find them anywhere near East. They believe they could easily see behind closed doors! The Nairaland foremost critics we all know you are working; but charity begins at home (you might as well spend half of your time on NL to develop east).
And you truely believed you have said something. Are you becomerich?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 15, 2009
akigbemaru:

@ikeyman00, asha80, udezue, tpia, sley4life, ow11, osisi, becoomrich or becoompoor, Abagworo, naijaking1 or Biafraslave1, sapeleguy or sapelegirl, Mafioso, presido1, Iyke-D, Nuzo, WilyWily, Ibeme, Beaf and Jakumo

You come across as the person who is agitating for separate nations within nigeria. Otherwise you wouldnt spend the whole of your lifetime calling for people who are supposedly nigerians to go back to their villages. Now, tell me the difference between you, Uwazurike, H. Okarh, gov. Shekarau and becomrich?

If I were yaradua, I will charge you for treason.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 6:49am On Jul 15, 2009
Thus, when it comes to Yoruba or Hausa issues, they are technical-know-how and you will never find them anywhere near East. They believe they could easily see behind closed doors! The Nairaland foremost critics we all know you are working; but charity begins at home (you might as well spend half of your time on NL to develop east).

more oduduwa trait as days goes on!!

now u tell the rest of the nigeria the so called oduduwa know how

ITT style, embezlement as they comes abi? u are crazy and the oduduwa has beginin to know that lagos is a nigerian asset built by the igbos know how??  shocked

at this point in time we can only be grateful to the advancement in technology cuz people like u has be blackmailin the igbos

now the whole world can see for themselves so when the see omo nna in lagos, the better desist from eludin their oduduwa selves if they can
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by udezue(m): 6:52am On Jul 15, 2009
lol
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 6:56am On Jul 15, 2009
if me and u and u take this back in time, nobody wana run away from nigeria but in a situation the north has gone far arrogant with their ass kissers oduduwa then what do u expect

some will argue the delta get the lion share of allocation, yes we know that, but the fg will be first to build a dam in the north etc at the neglect of the deltan, now u wonder, but as for the dodudwa, they got their own views.

the most deluded tribe in nigeria, no wonder they believe they are the most educated; but there u go

hhhahha the yoruba know how, plz stop

when the federal gov was pumpin oil moneyn in lagos then, it was a nigeria pride, then come abuja, the oduduwa are now braggin like lagos na dem get am

only cuz mend bomb some pipe , the oduduwa actin up like their own house is burn

may una carry on deludin urselves, yall soon wake up one day
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by no21: 6:59am On Jul 15, 2009
tpia.:

once again, my ugliness isnt the topic.

Se na big head wey I talk, na im dey pain you?

you this idiot never change for once.
always claiming to be wise
yet whining on every little comment made against your opinion.
do we have to take everything you said ?
dont let me come after you here.

stick on the issue at hand cos some intelligent people are reading this thread.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Jakumo(m): 7:05am On Jul 15, 2009
I must say that the level of tribal bigotry being displayed here in the Nairaland forums is quite an eye opener.  Some folks here are so rabidly fixated on proving that their tribe have the longest wee-wees that they have lost track of the reality that in the eyes of the world, NO distinction is made between Nigeria's ethnic groups, and they are ALL regarded by most of the outside world as a bunch of compulsive thieves, conmen, embezzlers and fraudsters who would slaughter their own moms for a buck.

All this tribal racism can be likened to a bunch of sewer rats arguing over who displayed the best form in a contest to see who can paddle turds down the flow the fastest.  

Hey, get over it already, you conceited dickheads.  Nobody outside your imploding country cares in the slightest what language you speak, or what configuration of tribal marks disfigure your scowling faces.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by no21: 7:17am On Jul 15, 2009
Jakumo:

I must say that the level of tribal bigotry being displayed here in the Nairaland forums is quite an eye opener.  Some folks here are so rabidly fixated on proving that their tribe have the longest wee-wees that they have lost track of the reality that in the eyes of the world, NO distinction is made between Nigeria's ethnic groups, and they are ALL regarded by most of the outside world as a bunch of compulsive thieves, conmen, embezzlers and fraudsters who would slaughter their own moms for a buck.

All this tribal racism can be likened to a bunch of sewer rats arguing over who displayed the best form in a contest to see who can paddle turds down the flow the fastest.  

Hey, get over it already, you conceited dickheads.  Nobody outside your imploding country cares in the slightest what language you speak, or what configuration of tribal marks disfigure your scowling faces.

how does that contribute to MEND attacking lagos?

go create another thread for the issue.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 7:17am On Jul 15, 2009
^^^^gbam jakumo

but its still mornin, u will agree that we see how things react to that

we can only wait and see till proofin right

then shall we have a say

nevertheless u are damn right to say the least
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 7:21am On Jul 15, 2009
jakumo
oduduwa logic is just too complicated when they are made to face the truth

nobody is sayin igbo is better than yoruba

but there are some trait from oduduwa which i think can easily be seen in nl

u can only wait and see, then u know

still me

for some reason there arent no accomdoation for those uslesss and irrelevant comment from kolo-roflmas

cuz the oduduwa trait will be too obviously displayed?? abi
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by no21: 7:25am On Jul 15, 2009
The militants, it was gathered, had arrived the Atlas Cove at about 10.30pm on Sunday night in 15 speed boats, armed to the teeth.

-sunnews
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by nuesaweso(f): 7:40am On Jul 15, 2009
udezue:

Na Yoruba land when its for ur benefits. Why don't you tell the FG which includes Yoruba to stop drilling in Ijaw / Eastern land then after all na their native land no be Yoruba land.

Your logic beats me! so countries that dont have crude oil dont use fuel? And the same FG excludes Ijaws and Easterners? Guess you are carrying the burden from the past in your hearts. In a tribe-sensitive Nigeria, it is important to let MEND know the implications of their actions.

You said a thief once lived in my house (Lagos former FCT) and you came to my house to blew up my gate (Atlas Cove) and claimed it was built by the thief who now lives elsewhere. Now how does that affect the thief?

May be they would realise that since they already decided to cease-fire for 60days.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Jakumo(m): 7:44am On Jul 15, 2009
no21:

how does that contribute to MEND attacking lagos?

go create another thread for the issue.

Check back over the past few pages of this discussion, sir, and you will note that the MEND attack has already taken back seat to repetitive tribal one-upmanship and slanging matches, so yes, my comment is both relevant and timely.   Thanks for the police work.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 7:46am On Jul 15, 2009
Atlas Cove: Navy to sack neighbouring villages
By PHILIP NWOSU, NDUBUISI ORJI, SAM OTTI and CHINELO AGINA
Wednesday, July 15, 2009

More Stories on This Section
Following the bloody Sunday night attack by suspected members of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), the Nigerian Navy has resolved to deal with the problem from the root by ejecting occupants of the two villages bordering the Atlas Cove.

Daily Sun gathered that the decision to sack the two villages came in the wake of a discovery that the militants had taken refuge in the villages days before they launched the attack on the Atlas Cove.
A key Naval official told Daily Sun on condition of anonymity that the only solution to the end of militancy in the area is the sacking of the villagers from their homes, adding that deploying intelligence to always dumb the area will not solve the problem.

The official revealed that the Navy was aware that militants may attack Lagos weeks before the onslaught by MEND at the key NNPC facility in Lagos, but said the calculation was that the pipelines would be their target.

It was gathered that prior to Sunday night attack, the Navy had commenced a daily patrol on the pipelines especially in the villages around Atlas Cove, but the militants diverted their operation to hit the NNPC oil discharging points for vessels.
Already, the Atlas Cove had been cordoned off by operatives of the Nigerian Navy, attached to the NNS Beecroft, preventing unauthorized persons from getting closer to the destroy areas.
The Commanding Officer of the NNS Beecroft, Commodore Obi Ozorjiofor, lamented the attack by the suspected militant, expressing that the Navy remain undettered by such unpatriotic attack.

Similarly, Naval Spokesman, Commodore David Nabaida, said: “The Navy is not in any panic. We remain strong in pursuit of our constitutional duties. This attack should not be used to judge naval capabilities, because we had also dealt with MEND and other militants in the Niger Delta.”

Commodore Nabaida said the Navy had been able to do well in the policing of Nigeria’s oil facilities, especially the country’s 400 nautical miles area, from Lagos to Akwa Ibom extending to the sea.
He told Daily Sun that the Navy was in no way caught napping by the militants.
Meanwhile, condemnation has continued to trail the bombing which left at least, five persons dead and completely wiped out the jetty.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/july/15/national-15-07-2009-001.htm
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ThinkRait: 7:51am On Jul 15, 2009
It is a pity that Nigerians don't take time to analyse issues before making comments and drawing conclusion.
The fact that the press said MEND was responsible and MEND itself claimed responsibility doesnt make the story true.
Al Qaeda will claim responsibility for anything that affects the American people and the American economy. If a 'Piper Alpha' happens in Texas today, Al Qaeda will claim responsibility. I see this as propaganda.

Come to think of it. What is the distance (by sea) between the ND states and Lagos?
How many naval bases are there between the waters of Delta and Lagos states?
How much fuel does a speed boat need to travel between Bayelsa and Lagos?

Assuming the boys hatched the plan within Lagos territory, how did the smuggle their weapons through? Is our land security system that porous?
What were the SSS, police and other intelligence agency doing when the plans were being hatched?
Or is it that Nigeria willingly gave out Bakassi peninsular knowing fully well our security system cant withstand a Camerounian onslaught?

Atlas cove belongs to NNPC. Who stands to gain from the destruction of NNPC facility?
What was the nature of the damaged facility? I guess it was a petroleum products import facility.
If fuel scarcity returns to our roads, who will benefit from it? MEND or businessmen?

I dont have the answers to these questions but I feel we should ask questions rather than swallow whatever we hear hook, line and sinker.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 7:57am On Jul 15, 2009
ThinkRait:

It is a pity that Nigerians don't take time to analyse issues before making comments and drawing conclusion.
The fact that the press said MEND was responsible and MEND itself claimed responsibility doesnt make the story true.
Al Qaeda will claim responsibility for anything that affects the American people and the American economy. If a 'Piper Alpha' happens in Texas today, Al Qaeda will claim responsibility. I see this as propaganda.

Come to think of it. What is the distance (by sea) between the ND states and Lagos?
How many naval bases are there between the waters of Delta and Lagos states?
How much fuel does a speed boat need to travel between Bayelsa and Lagos?

Assuming the boys hatched the plan within Lagos territory, how did the smuggle their weapons through? Is our land security system that porous?
What were the SSS, police and other intelligence agency doing when the plans were being hatched?
Or is it that Nigeria willingly gave out Bakassi peninsular knowing fully well our security system cant withstand a Camerounian onslaught?

Atlas cove belongs to NNPC. Who stands to gain from the destruction of NNPC facility?
What was the nature of the damaged facility? I guess it was a petroleum products import facility.
If fuel scarcity returns to our roads, who will benefit from it? MEND or businessmen?

I dont have the answers to these questions but I feel we should ask questions rather than swallow whatever we hear hook, line and sinker.

So who was responsible?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by no21: 8:01am On Jul 15, 2009
Jakumo:

Check back over the past few pages of this discussion, sir, and you will note that the MEND attack has already taken back seat to repetitive tribal one-upmanship and slanging matches, so yes, my comment is both relevant and timely.   Thanks for the police work.

I have already told tpia that he or she is an idiot on this thread for trying to derail it.
you know problem with nigerians is that we always ignore the obvious.

Every single thing done here must be attached to tribalism.
It is because we are not the same people. it wasnt our fault either.
Lord Luggard and his bitch wife trapped us here.
although we could have avoided that but there is this thing called OIL,
Which got deposited to the minor tribe of this giant grave called Nigeria.
It turned out to be a curse for them instead of blessing
simply because some idiots up north believe there were born to rule.
we cant help it. thats why i suggested that you create another thread to address tribalism.

commenting about it here wont change anything.
dont take this personal, i just dont want the topic to be derailed.
plz
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Jakumo(m): 8:03am On Jul 15, 2009
We are on the same page. Sho y'right.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by otokx(m): 9:33am On Jul 15, 2009
The naval response to sack villages is quite pathetic.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by banom(m): 9:51am On Jul 15, 2009
Very Ver Very Good, Mend should come over here and Bomb the FCT, what they did was quite commendable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply)

Obanikoro's Daughter, Salewa, Invited By EFCC / Dino Melaye Asks God To Intervene In Nigerian Situation, Nigerians React / Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.