Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,835,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

MEND Attacks Lagos - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Attacks Lagos (24290 Views)

Poll: If true, this attack is:

horrible: 67% (116 votes)
wonderful: 32% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. / Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 10:12pm On Jul 13, 2009
oyinda.:

neverrrrr. i reject it in the name of Jesus

God and jesus left nigeria a long time ago.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 10:14pm On Jul 13, 2009
oyinda.:

People have been begging Jesus since; notin happen. Now strong boys done enter road grin

Don't worry, it'll all pan out for the better.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by nuesaweso(f): 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2009
Nigerians too talk, thats why we dont get anything done!

See thread. . .10 pages, 3000views in less than 24hrs.

All these talks wetin e don bring?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 10:33pm On Jul 13, 2009

what happen to sango
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by atiku07(m): 10:34pm On Jul 13, 2009
well if that is de way to go den mend i support. enough of this imbeciles cheating us at least one day we will all die, so lets fight for our right once!!!!!!!!1
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by akigbemaru: 11:05pm On Jul 13, 2009
@ikeyman00
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________--
what happen to sango
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Why una dey always happy about the down fall of South Westerners. Just get it though, whatever happens in that region directly affects the whole Nigeria.
Lagos has always been and will forever be!

With the oil facilities located in Cove, I have never bought oil for free in Lagos. It's just served as reservoire and to reduce the accidents caused by tankers hauling thousand kilometers.
Then, you are shouting MEND should destroy Otta too. I know majority of Igbos just want to break-up from Nigeria. It's cool, but just know that many of you are settlers, you can go back to where you have come from!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by pirobaba(m): 12:35am On Jul 14, 2009
akigbemaru:

Then, you are shouting MEND should destroy Otta too. I know majority of Igbos just want to break-up from Nigeria. It's cool, but just know that many of you are settlers, you can go back to where you have come from!

The issue isnt that they want a break up besides this guys are not igbos they are ijaws.
we southeners arent happy about what is happening in our area. bamboo dey work, monkey dey chop, if it happens that they(government) want to wipe the entire niger-delta this nation will be in a deep mess.

do you like the marginalisation? do you like the impoverishness of the region? do you enjoy the standards of living there? have you thought of what brot the militancy? look if its a break up - let us get it! why will i be in the river and have soap in my eyes?

why are people complaining about MEND, why didnt they heed to thier warnings. when abacha, babagida and others did thiers who complain, aint theirs worst than MEND? who kill ken saro-wiwa, aa. k dikibo, chief akaboro and all the great people south-south has, anyway i dont blame them i blame the GREED of south-south leaders. lipsrsealed
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by skylooh(m): 12:45am On Jul 14, 2009
Way to go mend if this will probably jolt those stealing corrupt bastards in abuja from their orrgy and deap orgasm of looting and raping the nigerian economy and treasury and deprievation of the niger delta
Looks like these gbesu boys are not your average suffering and smilling type. hahahaaha the cleuless corrupt nigerian goverment no fit controll the monster it created
nigeria a failed state!!!

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by bawomolo(m): 12:59am On Jul 14, 2009
why would anyone miss the days of abacha. haba
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by OYBMEND: 1:08am On Jul 14, 2009
Those who wanna blame the greed of South South states should consider this

The South South contributes to 98% of Nigeria's GDP

But takes in 1/6 of 13 % shared amongs states.

if my maths is right they in effect take in 2.17% or 0.36% per State.

What is the Federal Government doing with the over 70% of GDP it controls
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Apelles: 1:59am On Jul 14, 2009
the loved ones of those who are happy about a Lagos attack will be the first casualty. They will not live to see the eventual peaceful resolution if they do not have a change of heart. Expect the Word of God has not said that "those that live by the sword shall die by the sword"
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 2:09am On Jul 14, 2009
Apelles:

the loved ones of those who are happy about a Lagos attack will be the first casualty. They will not live to see the eventual peaceful resolution if they do not have a change of heart. Expect the Word of God has not said that "those that live by the sword shall die by the sword"

Coward shocked shocked shocked
Sharap! God de your pocket?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sosisi(f): 2:54am On Jul 14, 2009
OYB_MEND:

Those who wanna blame the greed of South South states should consider this

The South South contributes to 98% of Nigeria's GDP

But takes in 1/6 of 13 % shared amongs states.

if my maths is right they in effect take in 2.17% or 0.36% per State.

What is the Federal Government doing with the over 70% of GDP it controls

please shatap and shove ya MEND statistics
The MEND states get the most allocation of all states in Nigeria
they have scholarships
they have money from oil companies to appease them
they have jobs created for them but the youths are too lazy to lift a finger and sell their jobs to Igbos
go and ask your rogue governors and leaders what they do with the money for your end
start with alameseigha and Ibori
People are sick and tired of all these excuses
sooner or later the whole Nigeria will say enough! and turn towards your area and massacre anything that moves since una don carry una madness  enter Lagos.

there's even a whole minister of the Niger delta
what else do you folks want?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sosisi(f): 2:58am On Jul 14, 2009
becoomrich:

igbo girl, what if they get the money. it is not enough. they would get more than that in republic of benin. I am telling they would be getting 50% for oil derivation in benin republic .

Those MEND folks are a bunch of lazy criminals
They will never be satisfied It's time they were treated like the criminals they are
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sosisi(f): 3:00am On Jul 14, 2009
becoomrich:

igbo girl, what if they get the money. it is not enough. they would get more than that in republic of benin. I am telling they would be getting 50% for oil derivation in benin republic . who care for minister for niger delta. jonathan have to decided if he want to relocate to abuja or join us in benin republic.

Please tell us how much of the allocations ended up in the personal pockets of Alams,Ibori and Odili?
do you hear any of them complaining?
who is MEND and what is their mission?
didn't one of the leaders return recently for medical check up abroad?
where did he get the money from?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sosisi(f): 3:08am On Jul 14, 2009
becoomrich:

if they are criminal , let igbo and hausa people stop collecting criminal money. let the federal govt of nigeria stop collecting or drilling  oil from state that belong to criminal .  let them go and drill oil in sokoto or ebonyi or anambra or bauchi state.  it is our land and we do not want you to drill oil from it again. since you believe we are criminal. go look for oil somewhere else where there is no criminal.

why did you exclude Yoruba in your weak argument

Too bad
The land where oil is found in Nigeria is government land
That's the way it is
They get a fair share of the allocation.
There's oil being drilled in Imo and Abia states,should they form, their own MEND?
Akwa Ibom is an oil rich stste,have you heard of their own militia group bombing everywhere
A "Nigerdeltan "with a good job is not sitting around planning how to kidnap,rape and blow up places under the guise of MEND
He is busy taking care of his family
These folks are hoodlums
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by naijamini(m): 3:17am On Jul 14, 2009
Fellow Nigerians,

This attack may seem insignificant but, if history is to be a judge, today is a sad day that may mark the unravelling of the entity called Nigeria and indeed West Africa. We need to note the following:

1. Events in the Niger Delta are about to go from bad to worse. No government no matter how illegitimate will stand for these types of attacks. Remember Odi. Yar'adua will be forced to throw caution into the wind. There will be blood in the land.

2. If he hesitates for too long the military would harvest a perfect excuse from these events to overthrow the current government.

3. A military takeover in Nigeria would likely lead to a second civil war - one that would be fiercer than the last. Here is the reason. Groups that were formed in the last days of Abacha (in anticipation of his self-declaration as President) are alive and well. OPC in the South-West. MEND/NDV/MASSOB never stopped their activties anyway. The extremist groups in the North that perplexed Obasanjo in his first term have recently become innovative and reportedly linked to Al Qaeda. In opposition to all of these is the Nigerian Armed Forces are firmly under the control of its Northern element. Think about all the possible guerilla groups that would pop up and we have the recipe for disaster in the entire West African region. It seems to me that MEND is attempting to forment a civil war. Sadly, I must say, they will lose. The cost to all sides would be uncountable within Nigeria and outside.

4. Yar'adua cannot possibly negotiate with MEND - whoever thinks that this would be an outcome needs to discard it, and quickly too. The so called amnesty is utter nonsense. MEND and its army HAVE (they never lost their freedom) their freedom but chose the path of armed resistance, so why would anybody think that freedom is something they would value. Yar'adua has just being dupped into letting go of Okah. If he actually committed the offenses counted against him no legitimate government would ever let him go without full and complete judicial adjudication. MEND has just found Yar'adua's quest for some form of legitimacy as a big weakness.

5. So what must Yar'adua do? Unfortunately what needs to be done to resolve the Niger Delta issue is not something an illegitimate, aparthetic government like this can hope to accomplish, but I may be wrong. Basically, he needs to come up with a just solution that goes directly to the heart of the people. Although implementation may not be simple the following must be done to resove the Niger Delta issue:

a. Each and every Niger Deltan family needs to start receiving a VALID check for their share of the oil that LEAVES their territory. It doesn't have to be much more than the current 13% derivation, but it must go DIRECTLY to each and every family to which it belongs.

b. The Nigerian government must become a champion for its own people in preserving their environment and means of livelihood  - land and water- from destruction by oil exploration and production.

c. The threat of force against criminal elements must remain strong.

Yara'dua seems to be substituting another bureaucratic setup in the form of Ministry for Niger Delta for (a) and (b), and has embarked on a forceful invasion to motivate his bogus amnesty program - is this what VP Jonathan derived from all his Harvard consultations? If the Niger Delta issue must be resolved (a) and (b) are the true solutions. Violence begets violence.

Praying to God to save Nigeria and the innocent that would necessarily become victims of these impending doom.

'Debo
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by shoggy24(m): 4:04am On Jul 14, 2009
Amazing how some fools canvass for resolution by violence. What do you think will happen if that resolution is reached (assuming it meets their demand) you think this thieves that are used to obtaining by blackmail and kidnapping will surrender all their weapons? and every one of them will go home satisfied? If you do then you are the biggest slowpoke on the planet.

Mend attacking other states is just incurring the wrath of the rest of the nation. Their extension to this part of the country is nothing short of a desperate move to force the hands of the government, in a war they know they are loosing. will it work? I doubt it, because the moment the government cave and meet the demand of a bunch of armed area boys/ ex political thugs, then there is no telling who else will take up arms in the name of freedom fighters.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by akigbemaru: 4:29am On Jul 14, 2009
@Becoomrich or Becoompoor

Why don't you and your family move to Benin Republic right now, what are you waiting for? I put my life on it, you are not a Yoruba by blood; just a bastard and enemy in disguise!
Are you kidding me? You mean the destruction made by MEND is justified in your own perspective? If yes you would be clown of the highest level.
If MEND wants to carry out its mission, why not using the leaders of that region? Starting from traditional rulers up to government officials from that region. When EFCC indicted Alammasiga, the same people were crying loud and when he was released, he was received with pop and pageantry. Now, Government has returned all his looting money back to Bayelsa State and nobody grumbles ooo.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by kelewa: 4:40am On Jul 14, 2009
other bombings around the world at this time:

BELFAST, Northern Ireland – Masked and hooded Belfast Catholics hurled gasoline bombs, fireworks and other makeshift weapons at police all night Monday as the most bitterly divisive day on the Northern Ireland calendar reached an ugly end.

Several rioters and at least nine officers were injured, none seriously, when Irish nationalists in Ardoyne, a militant Catholic enclave of north Belfast, tried to block a parade by the Orange Order, Northern Ireland's major Protestant brotherhood.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090714/ap_on_re_eu/eu_nireland_orange_parades

Iraqi officials tightened security around churches in Baghdad and in two mostly Christian towns on Monday and braced for possible violence this weekend when huge crowds visit a holy Shiite shrine in the capital.

A series of church bombings targeting Iraq's Christian minority killed at least four people Sunday, including one that happened as worshippers were leaving Mass in eastern Baghdad.

Also on Sunday, a bomb exploded near a convoy of American personnel that included U.S. Ambassador Christopher Hill, though no one was injured.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090713/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iraq
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 4:41am On Jul 14, 2009
akigbemaru:

grin grin grin grin rotfl
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by puskin: 5:15am On Jul 14, 2009
This name MEND. I write with deep profound anger.
MEND knws Yar'Adull is 2weak of a president.
Niger Delta is crying neglect of their area. The underdevelopment of the ND is theirs 2blame.
Their elders r greedy, most of d youths r lazy nd refused 2go 2skool.
E.g Wen Shell was still in Ogoniland, most of d ogonì indigenes refused going 2skool, they prefer 2barricade d gates, holding staff hostage in their offices until they r gìven sum money, U cud cal it ransome payment.
Their elders nd kings corner monies meant 4community development.
Nw, do U knw dat evry family in a community in d ND dat is home 2a major oil facility/installation collects money (weda 2cal it compensation/salary/imprest/allowance etc) 4rm d oil company dat owns d installation on a monthly basis, not 2mention d numerous scholarships nd biased incentives reserved 4'em.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 5:16am On Jul 14, 2009

Why don't you and your family move to Benin Republic right now, what are you waiting for? I put my life on it, you are not a Yoruba by blood; just a bastard and enemy in disguise!
Are you kidding me? You mean the destruction made by MEND is justified in your own perspective? If yes you would be clown of the highest level.
If MEND wants to carry out its mission, why not using the leaders of that region? Starting from traditional rulers up to government officials from that region. When EFCC indicted Alammasiga, the same people were crying loud and when he was released, he was received with pop and pageantry. Now, Government has returned all his looting money back to Bayelsa State and nobody grumbles ooo.

chineke oooooooooooooooooooo!! abeggggggggg ooooooooooooooooooooooo haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

right become-manipulator

another voiced out; who has be deludin himself
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by puskin: 5:30am On Jul 14, 2009
Nw, wat gives 'em d moral justification 2go about blowing thìngs up. This latest one, Atlas Cove is one blowing up 2far.
This stupid FG hv refused 2tackle this situation head-on. Probably, they (FG) r waiting 4 MEND 2blow up Mosimi, Ibru jetty, sum refineries nd maybe d SBM CALM-buoy dat is moored offshore.
@dis blowing-up rate, d 60dayz amnesty expiry time wud b 2much b4 Nigeria is blown in2 stagnation nd anarchy.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by waffigbo(m): 5:42am On Jul 14, 2009
MEND IS THE SHIT

PEOPLE OF LAGOS NO VEX AS LONG AS MEND KEEP TO THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT - "OIL RELATED TARGETS" AM COOL. AS LONG AS ITS NOT THE HARD WORKING PEOPLE OF LAGOS, MEND HAS MY SUPPORT.

BUT MEND UP THE ANTE I WANT ASO ROCK FLATTEN BY TOMORROW MORNING FOR BREAKFAST
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 5:42am On Jul 14, 2009
asha 80:

God and jesus left nigeria a long time ago.

I think you mean God and Jesus left your life a long time ago.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Jakumo(m): 6:22am On Jul 14, 2009
If it indeed is true that Atlas Cove, Lagos, is the PRIMARY location where imported fuel is discharged from ships for use by Nigeria's vestigial industries and its citizens, and if it is also true that ALL Nigeria's petroleum refineries are already dead in the water due to the rupture of pipelines by militants in the Niger Delta, coupled with the looting of all maintenance funds by government "officials", then the devastating effects of the fire at Atlas Cove are bound to be felt throughout Nigeria in a month or less.

Those effects will be as follows.

1. The last of Nigeria's industries will sputter to a halt within 3 months of today, July 14 2009.
2. All of Nigeria's vehicle owners will need to investigate the potential of horse or cow-drawn carriages.
3. Clean drinking water will become a scarce commodity since fuel needed to power private well pumps will vanish.
4. The absence of drinking water will necessitate the immediate closure of all schools and hospitals.
5. Epidemics of cholera, typhoid and other water borne diseases will sweep Nigeria as polluted rivers are drunk.
6. Phone communication networks that depend on generators will collapse quickly, since there is no electrical grid.
7. The ability of the Nigerian state to pay its employees will diminish to zero as oil export facilities are also bombed.

Unless a miracle resolution of the Niger Delta conflict emerges right away, July 13 2009, the day Atlas Cove, Lagos was blown up, may well come to be regarded as the first day of Nigeria's final descent into oblivion.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 14, 2009
solution?

Import fuel like other non-oil producing nations.

Shut down the rest of the facilities and impose martial law in some places.

That's what I'd do, theoretically speaking.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Jakumo(m): 6:29am On Jul 14, 2009
Tpia, unless that "imported" fuel is going to be brought ashore by men paddling canoes laden with jerry-cans of diesel, I can see a practical limitation to your theory right now, given the attention being paid by demolition experts to oil infrastructure ALL ALONG the Nigerian coast now.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 14, 2009
Jakumo:

Tpia, unless that "imported" fuel is going to be brought ashore by men paddling canoes laden with jerry-cans of diesel, I can see a practical limitation to your theory right now, given the attention being paid by demolition experts to oil infrastructure ALL ALONG the Nigerian coast now.

given the fact that the bandits are working hand in hand with some elements in govt, nothing do fuel importation.

Lebanon has been the headquarters of demolition experts for decades. Likewise Isreal. Not to mention Ireland.

Anyone making hay should continue doing so while the sun shines. Night is coming.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Jakumo(m): 6:35am On Jul 14, 2009
I sure hope that the criminal cartels will sustain Nigeria as you theorize, because the alternative is not pretty.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 14, 2009
Jakumo:

I sure hope that the criminal cartels will sustain Nigeria as you theorize, because the alternative is not pretty.

whatever!

No country without criminal cartels.

Italy, China, Russia and India are running their own publicly as I type.

and given the drastic number of Nigerians who are firmly hooked on drugs, including the "liberating militants", alternatives can look good but we all know what becomes of moonlight madness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Celebrates His 65th Birthday Today / Nigerian Air Force To Receive First Batch Of 24 M-345FA Fighter Jets / Supreme Court Shifts Judgement On Naira Swap To 10am

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.