Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

MEND Attacks Lagos - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Attacks Lagos (24295 Views)

Poll: If true, this attack is:

horrible: 67% (116 votes)
wonderful: 32% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. / Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by freezy(m): 6:09pm On Jul 13, 2009
MandingoII:

I applaud MEND.

In order for Nigeria to come correct.  Nigeria must be destroyed from the inside out.

Otherwise, Nigeria will continue along its unhealthy THE RICH GET RICHER path.

And you say someone has got Stone age mentatlity.

What age is the reasoning above? Jet age, huh?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by presido1: 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2009
walakolobo:

anyone - sane or insane, who supports MEND and what ever their struggle is, should be treated a traitor, rounded up and shot publicly. Death to aLL MEND members.
Life to you, Clap for urself.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by SamMilla1(m): 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2009
I believe that the politicians are the cause of all this problems.

Imagine how rich all of them are and the people they rule are so poor
and lack every basic amenity known to modern man.

I dont support violence but sometimes it is needed to right some wrongs.
Lest the idea of "born to rule" will always linger on the minds of some northern states.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by presido1: 6:30pm On Jul 13, 2009
freezy:

And you say someone has got Stone age mentatlity.
What age is the reasoning above? Jet age, huh?
Have you ever asked yourself why this Mend came into existence? The FG know what they will do to stop this mend guys but they won't do it. Instead they will channel the fund to oppress Mend the more. Its wrong from every ramification just like what mend are doing at the moment but you can't blame mend without blaming the FG first. Mend is a product of BAD governance simple.

I don't blame them one bit.

FG don't want resource control cuz some if not all Igbo state will benefit. Minus the crude in Igboland am sure the resource control could have been granted by now. But no how can they grant it when it will benefit the most hated tribe in Nigeria.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by chiburg: 6:57pm On Jul 13, 2009
This is becoming a very very serious issue and i think the Government do not have any answer to this problem.

It is only God that can help deliver us from the powers that are controlling the militants.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ow11(m): 7:04pm On Jul 13, 2009
For those still doubting the story, here is a link.

My condolences go to members of the families of the three men killed in the line of duty. cry cry
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by MandingoII(m): 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2009
It is only God that can help deliver us from the powers that are controlling the militants.

Where was that senile ole Bastard when Nigeria went to war in 1967?

or

When Britain colonized you

or

When the white boys took the slaves?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by lekanfayz: 7:13pm On Jul 13, 2009
it's a pain in my heart that our leaders left things with militancy to get this bad. i guess it is an irreparable damage now. Govt is not sincere with the solutions they have proffered, the militants have enough weapon to start a civil war. i wonder how long we have before a state of war is declared. and em everybody watch out, you might be the next kidnap victim.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by NegroNtns(m): 7:21pm On Jul 13, 2009
ah ah, una still dey here?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Abagworo(m): 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2009
The solution is as easy as ABC.Grant total resource control,give presidency to a Niger-deltan and shift f.c.t. to Owerri.simple
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by WilyWily: 7:35pm On Jul 13, 2009
I Salute our Courageous Special Commandos for a Job well done and our Dear leader  Supreme Commander Jomo.
Our Fight to free our people from the Hands of Corrupt evil Nigeria by any means possible will continue until Pharaoh's will let our people go.

No civilian should be afraid, Freedom Fighters targets only Government infrastructures, they value human life unlike Dirty Stinking Nigeria Military Murderers.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by naijaking1: 7:36pm On Jul 13, 2009
Why not Kaduna, instead of Lagos
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Remii(m): 7:36pm On Jul 13, 2009
I can tell you all that M END is getting their end just like anything, the end is always the loudest, every war ends with the weaker side attacking a wrong target, Japan did their own in Pearl Harbour, Napoleon did his own in Waterloo, just watch it.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by GeorgeD1(m): 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2009
guess how the govt stooges are reporting the incident: a fire from unknown source!
what a laugh! when will our leaders wake up to the fact that this country is slowly
but gradually erupting into a huge fireball set alight by their own greed?!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 7:50pm On Jul 13, 2009
This is how we in the Delta grew up. While larkeys signed away first our futures, then our childrens futures. . . Its goto stop.
These fires never go out and whole cities can have an acrid odour of burning gas for days on end. Children grow up in the fumes, mothers prepare food in an atmosphere packed with carcinogenic particles. Farmers go out to feilds killed for generations by pollution, fish and animals died out long ago.
The Niger Delta people are being poisoned for the sustenance of Nigeria; this time the fight has been taken up. . .

If the so called majority groups in Nigeria are too fearful to ask for a contract between citizen and state; the Niger Delta people, having nothing to lose,  once again take their destiny in their hands.

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by SapeleGuy: 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2009
Let's pray JTF don't start bombing Lagos.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by naijaway(m): 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2009
OBJ averted calamity by calling for a national dialogue at a high point in Nigeria's uncertainty; Sometimes I wonder the kinds of fools yar adua has gotten as advicers; He is supposed to be taking it a step further in his own vision eg calling for national dialogue on what kinds of constitution the govt can push for, on how to deal with problems like the niger delta crises and reaffirming that 100% control of the resources will not belong to the people anything else can be an option. The govt should push for quality developments in all areas with more attention and emphasis in the whole of delta state. I see no reason why it shouldn't be one of the most beautiful states in Nigeria, but all efforts shouldn't be focused on the so called niger-deltans per se instead it should be focused on the state, neighbouring states and eventually all states infrastructure.
  These mend crooks need to be mended ruggedly if that's what they want, they are thieves with no credibility watsoever. How can they keep killing and terrorising people. They don't have no credible reason for their struggle. I want to know where else has developed except for a little thing in ABJ. Everyone in Nigeria is suffering from the effects of corruption. The same mend guys have their own governors stealing more and richer than many other undisputed thieving governors but they close their eyes to that, their so called traditional rulers keeps getting richer and showered with gifts but no one says nothing.
   Nigerians will respect each other more and have massive values more if after all the basic rights that fits our nation are in place and being adhered to by a majority of the population regardless of tribe and position in the country. I really believe everyone capable up to and below 55yrs of age should be trained as a military not necessarily like a real combat troop(full time army) but a little lower level than that; they can draw up plans that wouldn't have to involve too much spending except for feeding and help with accomodation and transportation. Such moves will deter internal and external threats, much like the youth service but more military training and more often say once every three years or four years for training.  
 The next one is really having broad plans and seriousness about abolishing traditional rulers from all corners of Nigeria including sultans. They are all tribalist bunch and even if we still need tribal awarness they should be elected say every 3yrs and two term is the limit and you will not be paid much like that by the communties that need those and their duties will be to watch, raise alarms and assist local govt chairmen. This way, we don't need assistant local govt chairman.
 We also need an intelligent police force that are paid and should be paid well along with teachers.
 Laws should be passed condeming tribal discriminations all around the country. Hidden in that law should be a reminder to whoever has the authority to know that  tribal issues are the most imortant isse and should be tackled as such.
  They needs to be absolute emphasis on religious freedom nation wide. No state can put any overall religious law above national law in anyway, shape or fom nationwide.
   All these and many more values and principles should be made national inclined. Of course, they should come with infrastructure, border security, and all that can benefit the nation. Accountability should be a focus in Nigeria. It should also be ingrined in everyones head that it is right to rebel intelligently but going out of the country should not be an option regardless of whom they may be even if it would lead to war.
  May God help Nigeria and i believe Nigeria is capable of being the best.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 8:05pm On Jul 13, 2009
Picture: Atlas Cove destroyed

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ilosiwaju: 8:17pm On Jul 13, 2009
leave them o, won ma to kan abuku.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by udezue(m): 8:23pm On Jul 13, 2009
Kaduna shoulda been the best target but either way I support them for their boldness. GO MEND.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by oyinda3(f): 8:25pm On Jul 13, 2009
ilosiwaju:

leave them o, won ma to kan abuku.

abuku for the highest level sef. someone needs to go whoop their asses big time  angry
they're just stupid boys. or someone should at least send them some video games. they'll get their adrenaline fix without real cost to society.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 8:26pm On Jul 13, 2009
OBJ averted calamity by calling for a national dialogue at a high point in Nigeria's uncertainty; Sometimes I wonder the kinds of fools yar adua has gotten as advicers; He is supposed to be taking it a step further in his own vision eg calling for national dialogue on what kinds of constitution the govt can push for, on how to deal with problems like the niger delta crises and reaffirming that 100% control of the resources will not belong to the people anything else can be an option. The govt should push for quality developments in all areas with more attention and emphasis in the whole of delta state. I see no reason why it shouldn't be one of the most beautiful states in Nigeria, but all efforts shouldn't be focused on the so called niger-deltans per se instead it should be focused on the state, neighbouring states and eventually all states infrastructure.
These mend crooks need to be mended ruggedly if that's what they want, they are thieves with no credibility watsoever. How can they keep killing and terrorising people. They don't have no credible reason for their struggle. I want to know where else has developed except for a little thing in ABJ. Everyone in Nigeria is suffering from the effects of corruption. The same mend guys have their own governors stealing more and richer than many other undisputed thieving governors but they close their eyes to that, their so called traditional rulers keeps getting richer and showered with gifts but no one says nothing.
Nigerians will respect each other more and have massive values more if after all the basic rights that fits our nation are in place and being adhered to by a majority of the population regardless of tribe and position in the country. I really believe everyone capable up to and below 55yrs of age should be trained as a military not necessarily like a real combat troop(full time army) but a little lower level than that; they can draw up plans that wouldn't have to involve too much spending except for feeding and help with accomodation and transportation. Such moves will deter internal and external threats, much like the youth service but more military training and more often say once every three years or four years for training.
The next one is really having broad plans and seriousness about abolishing traditional rulers from all corners of Nigeria including sultans. They are all tribalist bunch and even if we still need tribal awarness they should be elected say every 3yrs and two term is the limit and you will not be paid much like that by the communties that need those and their duties will be to watch, raise alarms and assist local govt chairmen. This way, we don't need assistant local govt chairman.
We also need an intelligent police force that are paid and should be paid well along with teachers.
Laws should be passed condeming tribal discriminations all around the country. Hidden in that law should be a reminder to whoever has the authority to know that tribal issues are the most imortant isse and should be tackled as such.
They needs to be absolute emphasis on religious freedom nation wide. No state can put any overall religious law above national law in anyway, shape or fom nationwide.
All these and many more values and principles should be made national inclined. Of course, they should come with infrastructure, border security, and all that can benefit the nation. Accountability should be a focus in Nigeria. It should also be ingrined in everyones head that it is right to rebel intelligently but going out of the country should not be an option regardless of whom they may be even if it would lead to war.
May God help Nigeria and i believe Nigeria is capable of being the best.

could u plz stop mentionin obj 419 bulll shit for here plz
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by RichyBlacK(m): 8:29pm On Jul 13, 2009
Oppressed people not only have the right but the duty to fight their oppressors!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 8:31pm On Jul 13, 2009
arrogant tribe!!!

see una up there

u have over 100 billion oil money gone under

una still dey there de talk ole lingo

if this is gona make naija finally finally say [size=20pt]NOOOOOOOO[/size]

let that be!!! period no one love shootin but if it gona be let it be

enough is enough

lets pratice what the koran-bible tells us plz,

however one thing for sure is, no amount of rant in nl will get those monkeys to say [size=20pt]NOOOOOOOOOOO[/size]

oya yaragarri

follow ur leader; constitution amendment oya
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by presido1: 8:32pm On Jul 13, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Oppressed people not only have the right but the duty to fight their oppressors!
And they are just doing that.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by oyinda3(f): 8:34pm On Jul 13, 2009
RichyBlacK:

please stop supporting cowardice. why didn't they take their frustration to aso rock? why lagos?
like i said they're just young boys looking for adrenaline fix. they need to be put to work asap.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by presido1: 8:37pm On Jul 13, 2009
oyinda.:

please stop supporting cowardice. why didn't they take their frustration to aso rock? why lagos?
like i said they're just young boys looking for adrenaline fix. they need to be put to work asap. 
Ok your problem is cuz they attacked lagos and not ABJ or KD. Don't worry they won't attack Lagos again.
"One Nigeria"

oyinda.:

they need to be put to work asap.
Would be nice if you u can provide some work to keep them busy at least for now until the they finish drawing another attack.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by oyinda3(f): 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2009
r u one of them? lol

why should they attack kaduna? i'm not anti-hausa o. just they should take their problem up to the govt rather than harrasing common ppl.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by rasputinn(m): 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2009
I saw the damage today,it was minimal and I doubt it will distrupt fuel supply from that facility,in any case even if it would,this attack WILL NEVER score any points with the government.Reason being that the atlas cove jetty and facility is only for receiving/discharging imported pms,ago and dpk,at worst,the attack may lead to a brief scarcity of those products and we all know that government does not REALLY care whether the products are scarce or not(need I remind us how many times in the past govt has caused the products to be scarce??)

So it will be better for the agitators,including MEND to look for more crude-oil-oriented targets,from where the FG gets its cheddah,that way all the servant-leaders and serpent-leaders will listen
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 8:41pm On Jul 13, 2009
oyinda.:

r u one of them? lol

why should they attack kaduna? i'm not anti-hausa o. just they should take their problem up to the govt rather than harrasing common ppl.

Who are the common people?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by oyinda3(f): 8:44pm On Jul 13, 2009
idk u and me abi u don't have family in lagos?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by presido1: 8:45pm On Jul 13, 2009
oyinda.:

r u one of them? lol
AM not one of them cuz i no get liver.

oyinda.:

Its one after the other, they cant attack the whole nation at the same time. They started with Lagos cuz its the commercial and the last capital b4 ABJ. Next might be Ota b4 the remember ABJ. Who knows it might be the plan of Hausa people, may be when they finish with Ota they will grant them 100% control and they will not attack Abj or any other Hausa land. tongue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

NNPC Monthly Financial Report For September 2015 Is OUT!!! / Attack Ongoing At Malikawa In Gidan Goga, Zamfara State - Amnesty / BREAKING: Protesting NASS Workers Disappear As Buhari Presents 2019 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.