Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

MEND Attacks Lagos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Attacks Lagos (24299 Views)

Poll: If true, this attack is:

horrible: 67% (116 votes)
wonderful: 32% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. / Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2009
GOVERNMENT CONFIRMS MEND ATTACK ON ATLAS COVE JETTY!

http://www.independentngonline.com/bnew/article01
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by freezy(m): 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2009
Beaf:

Somebody wake that guy up!!!

http://www.julius-berger.com/fileadmin/PDFs/oil_gas/21c_oil_industry.pdf

You awake now? angry
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2009
The oracle has spoken. Satelite images to follow! grin
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by nuesaweso(f): 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2009
Becoomrich, we hav been waiting for you now, abi na night shift you dey do for work this week?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 3:16pm On Jul 13, 2009
freezy:

http://www.julius-berger.com/fileadmin/PDFs/oil_gas/21c_oil_industry.pdf

You awake now? angry

90% of federal revenue is derived from Delta oil. shocked shocked shocked
Delta oil money built every single inch of Nigeria. When did you ever pay tax?

Wake that guy up!!!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by GeorgeD1(m): 3:21pm On Jul 13, 2009
maybe they should attack dodan barracks next since they're now in
lagos. might as well make the most use of their time in the centre
of excellence! grin
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by freezy(m): 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2009
Whoever said opposite? (even tho its more like 60-65% as at June 2008) My point is, do not destroy what is urs in the name of freedom fighting! Christ! is that so difficult to understand? You spend much more rebuildin!

FYI, I have paid my tax every month for the past 6 years, ok? Never missed one month. Even though I mite not have gotten all I expected from FG, mos def, the solution is not me going to blow up Federal secretariat. That, my friend or anything near it, is BARBARIC!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by lakeside4love(m): 3:32pm On Jul 13, 2009
I REPEAT MYSELF AGAIN, THIS IS A BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG LIE.

BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG LIE, U GUYS R DEFINATELY BLIND, YES I READ THE NEWS ON CNN AND BBC, BUT THEIR SO CALLED REPORTER COULD NOT CONFIRM THE REPORT,

WOWW, NIGERIANS THEY LOVE FAKE NEWS,

BUNCH OF MUMUS,
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by lakeside4love(m): 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2009
SEUN THIS PAGE SHOULD BE BLOCKED OR ELSE THIS FAKE NEWS WONT BE TAKEN LIKELY BY THE GOVT OF LAGOS.

NIGERIAN JUST LOVE RUMOURS.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Mowire: 3:41pm On Jul 13, 2009
An explosion just before midnight reverberated across the city of 16 million people. MEND said in a statement that the facility had been left in flames.
http://www.independentngonline.com/bnew/article01

A part of the claim being made. I stay in Lagos. Who says Anthony village is too far from Atlas cove to feel the REVERBRATION. Tankers are still on the Ikorodu rd heading in the direction of that Atlas cove.

Why is Mr. Jomo trying to create panic in the city. I guess some people here were expecting some of us who have seen this claim online to start making panic calls to our families in their offices to return home and those at home to stay indoors because "MEND is now bombing in Lagos". STUPID
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by shigidi(m): 3:54pm On Jul 13, 2009
see, YOU CAN NEVER just trust the news. they have no confirmed insider
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:55pm On Jul 13, 2009
shigidi:

see, YOU CAN NEVER just trust the news. they have no confirmed insider

http://thepmnews.com/2009/07/13/fire-guts-oil-facility-in-lagos
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sley4life(m): 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2009
which state is next?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by nuesaweso(f): 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2009
lakeside4love:

SEUN THIS PAGE SHOULD BE BLOCKED OR ELSE THIS FAKE NEWS WONT BE TAKEN LIKELY BY THE GOVT OF LAGOS.

NIGERIAN JUST LOVE RUMOURS.

Guy, use ur skull now, do you think I will be a part of rumour mongering? Please dont drag my name in the mud o! Na so e dey happen for PH, people dey die for creeks but people wey dey town no dey know.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by igbonla(m): 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2009
freezy:

Whoever said opposite? (even tho its more like 60-65% as at June 2008) My point is, do not destroy what is urs in the name of freedom fighting! Christ! is that so difficult to understand? You spend much more rebuildin!

FYI, I have paid my tax every month for the past 6 years, ok? Never missed one month. Even though I mite not have gotten all I expected from FG, mos def, the solution is not me going to blow up Federal secretariat. That, my friend or anything near it, is BARBARIC!

Can't agree with you less! Emotions have beclouded all reasoning but am just waiting to see the end result. Have been in the Niger Delta for over 18 years and have opinions that are very different from that of others (whether MEND or FG). There is stupidity on both sides but we will see who is more stupid; let's wait for the end of the so-called amnesty to see what path will be charted next.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by shigidi(m): 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2009
men who knows undecided undecided
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by xxxinchdep: 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2009
Like obama coted we should not look for who is the victim or victimizer, nigeria has being blessed with huge wealth. Days of colonization has past, yet we still practice alot of hate and outdated politics. the people of mend just need opportunity, the corrupt leaders cant and will not change things because they all are seeking the interest of their own and relatives. It will not profit Nigeria to have an illiterate leader whose interest is not in changing the people's live rather than to enrich his folks. THE PEOPLE OF OIL PRODUCING SECTORS NEED IMPROVEMENT IN THEIR LIVES. It is common sense their will always be a friction between the government and the people if concrete change is not seen in their lives. They have nothing to loose, NO GOOD WATER, LIGHT. CLEAN AIR, FOOD, SHELTER. There has to be some sense of sustainablity. NO mother will see his/her kid hungry and let them die.
the bottom line is that the government has to step up period. it can be done,  there is no need for generators in nigeria, poor living condition or fixing roads.( population drives power and more young folks than old folks). only if they are waiting for serious chaos, one pipe liine burst is too many.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by blackchief(m): 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2009
Mend=terrorist organisation
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by emmydee(m): 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2009
let d senate come up wit gun handling law so that everyone would be free to carry arms. That way, we can take care of a lot of businesses!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nezan(m): 5:01pm On Jul 13, 2009
I thot it was Niger Delta they wanted to emancipate? When will this nonsense stop?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Abagworo(m): 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2009
Lagos is one of the major beneficiaries of oil blood money.abuja is no2.3 is kaduna.4-otta and some places in ogun state.it annoys every niger-deltan when people from lagos,kaduna and abuja try to downgrade our homeland.tell me why the largest seaport shouldnt have been built in bayelsa?why do people here have to pay N75 for fuel?Port-Harcourt is a large piece of slum.warri nko?is there any meaningful federal gov. target in enugu,aba or onitsha?i dont support violence but injustice breeds inward grievances and eventual hatred and disgust.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by CGKing(m): 5:13pm On Jul 13, 2009
These guys have to be dealt with decisively, whats all this bullshit?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Ibime(m): 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2009
CGKing:

These guys have to be dealt with decisively, whats all this bullshit?

So they've been saying since 2005. . . . false arrogance will never let Nigeria succeed. . . . . where are those who were lauding JTF's efforts in Gbaramatu just a month ago, imploring JTF to squish those little cockroaches. . . . thinking MEND was just a ragtag group who could easily be dispensed with. . . . since then Naija's Crude oil production has halved and MEND has extended its reach upland. . . . . yes I agree, MEND are just a bunch of ragtag profiteers who can easily be dealt with by way of JTF, Amnesty, Niger Delta Ministry, NDDC, OMPADEC, onshore/offshore dichotomy, bribery etc etc etc. . . . we are still waiting for this inconvenient but minor irritant called MEND to go away. . . .
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by HajiaTanko: 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2009
It remains a baffling mystery to my limited faculties of reasoning how facts such as raping young girls, kidnapping expats for outrageous ransomes, physical attacks on locals and oil workers, blowing up pipelines, causing unrest, etc, would amount to a cause of freedom-fighting perpertrated by a bandwagon of thieves we have in MEND.

Please let's not confuse issues at all.

It is crystal clear that MEND doesn't represent nobody but the "crooks in the creeks" who have made kidnapping an enviable means to an end in these recessionary times!!!

Our history recounts that the attrocities committed by these hoodlums who claim freedom-fighters are soley driven by individual interest, because really these thieves don't give a hoot about the niger delta.  Lets be real here!

Yes, the niger-delta communities have bad roads, lack of electricity and clean water but----NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!so does the rest of Nigeria.

Now is that enough rationale for the fellow in Ajengunle to rob the closest bank in his community?

Rather than hold your regional leaders responsible for plundering the monies allocated to the niger-delta, rather than hold your THIEF-IN- CHARGE Jomo accountable for huge abduction ransomes----(instead he enjoys trips oversea----chei!----a fraud hidden under freedom fighter).

Any right thinking citizen will vehemently oppose this thieves.  

DEATH TO MEND!!!!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by londoner: 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2009
The chickens have simply come home to roost. The ND's have been wronged by the Nigerian government and the rest of Nigeria also stood idly by. The so called militants have been infultrated by criminal elements, just as politics has.

I really fear that by the end of the year, Nigeria will be in a civil war as it can so easily go that way.

I hope not, this is an opportunity to right some injustices and for Nigeria to turn a corner politically and morally.

Hajai, you also make a good piont, often we do confuse issues. Much of the pain felt by ND is also due to their own leaders. Also the criminals also dont give a hoot about the place or the people in reality.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by xxxinchdep: 5:39pm On Jul 13, 2009
i am not siding MEND neither am i taking the side of the government. These are social issue that spurred up to something bigger. Had it being government had mad situation comfortable for people of the oil producing sector issues such as this will not surface. The fact still remain that these are bunch of hungry, mindless individuals who just need an opportunity. The association tend to give them what the government did not offer them. The root cause is the government. They should step up, It would cost less for the government to create jobs than the destruction of the pipes.
( Politicians are giving us false idea to travel overseas to get a better when it can be created here eg GHANA - GROWING ECONOMY). Many of our brothers and sisters are in jail cell or suffering overseas. Few who got good jobs do not want to come back to such anarchy. EVERY MAN JUST WANT AN OPPORTUNITY TO GROW BEYOND THEIR WIDEST DREAM. THE ELECTED OFFICIALS HAVE SOME ROLE TO PLAY TO SEE THAT OUR NEEDS ARE MET.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by NegroNtns(m): 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2009
Lagos is one of the major beneficiaries of oil blood money.abuja is no2.3 is kaduna.4-otta and some places in ogun state.it annoys every niger-deltan when people from lagos,kaduna and abuja try to downgrade our homeland.tell me why the largest seaport shouldnt have been built in bayelsa?why do people here have to pay N75 for fuel?Port-Harcourt is a large piece of slum.warri nko?is there any meaningful federal gov. target in enugu,aba or onitsha?i dont support violence but injustice breeds inward grievances and eventual hatred and disgust.

Who is this that made this statement?  Who is the person that spoke like this. . . eh?  Becareful my friend.   No spit this kind nonsense again o.  You want hear my tongue this afternoon.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by xxxinchdep: 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2009
NEPA is a union who have a voice however, they have failed for years. there is hardly light in many places in nigeria. what is the point behind their strike.

secondly the government need to find a better means of generating energy to the masses.
my suggest
average light bill is about 2000 naira. the average cost of most generator is 13000. average consumption cost of fuel for a business (daily) 1500
do the math and u will know what nigerians are forced to live with
someone is making money off the poor people either by the fuel consumption  or generators. that is why we cant get 24hrs energy supply
WE ARE DOOMED
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by MandingoII(m): 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2009
I applaud MEND.

In order for Nigeria to come correct.  Nigeria must be destroyed from the inside out.

Otherwise, Nigeria will continue along its unhealthy THE RICH GET RICHER path.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by walakolobo: 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2009
anyone - sane or insane, who supports MEND and what ever their struggle is, should be treated a traitor, rounded up and shot publicly. Death to aLL MEND members.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by MandingoII(m): 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2009
anyone - sane or insane, who supports MEND and what ever their struggle is, should be treated a traitor, rounded up and shot publicly. Death to aLL MEND members.

That is a STONE AGE mentality.

We do not do that here in Amerikkka.

We give a trial FIRST. And the people that oppose have a RIGHT to VOICE THEIR DISSENT.

you live in a backward state of mind.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Jakumo(m): 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2009
nues aweso:

Becoomrich, we hav been waiting for you now, abi na night shift you dey do for work this week?

BecomeRich is an employee of no man,  but an employer of many.  Please don't malign his character, or he may be forced to withold the satellite images, with results that are better imagined.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla / Capital Release For Budget 2016 Begins Today / #EndSARS: Segun "Segalink" Awosanya Mocks Ambode Over SARS Killing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.