Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years (38252 Views)

"There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande / Laolu Akande Appointed As Osinbajo’s Spokesperson By Buhari / Buhari To Appoint Laolu-Akande, As Osinbajo's Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by omolami: 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
Osinbajo and his spokesman want Nigerians to school them. It seems they are both ignorant

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by martineinstein(m): 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
goodguygonebad:
I drove that road 2014 february. I was on 180km/hr on an average both legs of the journey. Can an incomplete road afford me that opportunity. A road that's currrently one of the very best in the country.

I went to Benin 2 weeks ago.. Which one is more recent?

2 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by johnslimmy(m): 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
nesta007:
Many Nigerians disagreed when Vice President Yemi Osinbajo said that the Federal government in the last 10 years have not constructed a single road in the last 10 years. His spokesperson, Laolu Akande, has asked Nigerians to name road projects completed by the past administrations in the last 10yrs.

https://twitter.com/akandeoj/status/704376128442658817?lang=en

#I think the necessary question should be 'Why should we construct new roads when the existing ones are death traps' #

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Nellybii: 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
tsephanyah:
can u tell us one promise Apc sayed during election and was started talkless of completing,, I will go to Twitter and challenge that,,,, #lies is Apc and there motives is propaganda and conspiracy.

Why don't you work on your basic kindergarten knowledge of present tense and past tense before coming here to post trash?. Or better still, you can post in your local dialect like Olajumoke Mumu dey smell.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by amtaken(f): 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
There are many of them in Akwa Ibom built by Akpabio and reimbursed by the Federal Government.

Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
3. Abuja-Lokoja Abaji Dualisation
4. Kano-Maiduguri Dualisation
5. Onitsha head-bridge
6. Onitsha Owerri expressway
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD
10. IJEBU IGBO-SEKONA (OGUN STATE)
11. GOMBE BYPASS ROAD (GOMBE STATE)

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by hush15: 4:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
NewNigeriaMind:

Let reinterate,

Name one NEW road:
- started
-Completed

In the last ten years.

Receive sense na. Atleast, the man revived the roads to standard, not the death traps that were there. Since your government is there, they should abandoned the old roads now and built new ones. Stupid government that cannot even pass budget to fund existing structures is talking bout new ones.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by amtaken(f): 4:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
Answer his own too!

Seglaw01:

Answer question u no gree answer u dey compare 10month govt. wit 10yrs govt.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by shaddoww: 4:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
tsephanyah:
let me, be straight to u, I don't like Apc neither do I like buhari, I'm more closer too him than u think, and u don't know who am I neither do I know who u are ,,, simple: I was known in Twitter who am I and daughter of who,, I'm just finding wz whiz to speak my mind unlike Twitter,,, and 4 ur info Apc will collapse soon. so chill
I am not a member of APC neither do I av any affinity to President Buhari n my parents are just like every average Nigerian parent going abt their trade genuinely n transparently but my concern is dat since my parent's has not stolen or corruptly enriched themselves wit government money, then my only hope is to work hard which is wat I av bin doing but d only threat to dat now is d failure of dis government, so dis is why I keep hoping n praying dat it succeed cos should it fail, am afraid even u may find it difficult to call urself a Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by rusher14: 4:35pm On Mar 01, 2016
[quote author=HIGHESTPOPORI post=43388835] Which new road did Buhari start and complete when he was d military head of State for 3yrs?
Zombie [ /quote]

This your arithmetic na wa.

shocked
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ok enough is enough, if the country was happy with GEJ they wouldn't have voted for change. We voted for change because we weren't happy with GEJ's govt so telling us what he didn't do is irrelevant, we know....that's why we voted for you. We didnt vote for you to list the problems we already know.

Electioneering is over, Get to work and fix things!!

and no, I am not a PDP supporter or a wailer but I am tired of hearing what went wrong in the previous govt.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by excel101(m): 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2016
NewNigeriaMind:

Wrong answer, try to read and comprehend
People are making sense and look @ bingo also talking as if he has ever travelled outside his village not to talk of identifying a completed road project. Someone just sent list of some completed road projects to you nd u're saying wrong answer. Mumu, ekpa amu.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by babafirst(m): 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2016
doctokwus:
People are talking of 10yrs,u are talking of 9months. Are u ok at all?
The man is really Un-OK.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by obailala(m): 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
Gaskia:

A man who has books but does not read is not different from a man who has not. A man who has a large yam barn but dies of hunger is not better than a pauper. A hard stone in the middle of a river has a dry core like the stone in the desert. OF WHAT USE ARE 'ROADS' THAT ARE NOT MOTOR-ABLE OR MOTOR-ABLE WITH PAINS? why would you embark on entirely new roads when 'existing' ones are of no use...'this would be the wisdom of a fool'.

GEJ took the FG all time tarred road record from 4,000KM to over 24,000KM and Foshola gave the testimony then Osibanjo Osibande and PMB are having migraine over this statement of fact.

The empirical evidence available as given by principal witness 1 ((PW1), Fashola) is 4000 to 24000 km in 6 years which means 20,000km in 6 years implying 3,333.33Km per year.
PMB and Osibande have spent approximately 1 year, how many kilometers or old roads have they fixed and how many meters of new roads of the designed and constructed?
The VP made a simple innocent statement, you labelled him a liar. Now you are asked to prove he is a liar, instead you come up with these mumbo jumbo defence about new roads not being necessary. So why did you not come up with this defence originally?... Why did you choose to call the poor man a liar?... Don't you see the folly in your approach?

Now I assume you are a man of wisdom judging by your use of words and proverbs, but has this wisdom permitted you to believe that 20,000km of roads were tarred during GEJ's reign in 5 years? I may not have your level of wisdom, but I find it strange that 20,000km of roads were rehabilitated to 'VERY GOOD' status under GEJ yet the major federal roads which I ply in southern Nigeria (Lagos-Ibadan, east-west road, Elele-Owerri road, Onitsha-enugu road, Enugu-PH road, Aba-Ikot-Ekpene etc.) are still a far cry from 'VERY GOOD.' So the big question I keep asking is, where are these 20,000km of VERY GOOD roads actually located?... Probably located in the north (because the last time I was in the far north was in 2009)?

Now may I also ask why this alleged report about Fashola saying GEJ built 20,000km of VERY GOOD roads, why was this story only reported by a single tabloid/blog called pointblanknews? Why were all other media houses, including the pro-PDP, pro-APC and the neutrals barred from reporting this story?

5 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Niceiroko: 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
Benin ore road
doctokwus:
Q.E.D
It's not by telling us u attended same church with osinbajo or have the same spiritual father or share the same food with him.
People should mention just ONE road started and completed over the past few years.
This is the kind of challenge Fayose should take up.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Azumagcc(m): 4:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road 2. East- west road 3. Abuja-Lokoja Abaji Dualisation 4. Kano-Maiduguri Dualisation 5. Onitsha head-bridge 6. Onitsha Owerri expressway 7. Von-Machok RD 8. Katsina Daura rd 9. The east-west RD 10. IJEBU IGBO-SEKONA (OGUN STATE) 11. GOMBE BYPASS ROAD (GOMBE STATE)
East west road not completed
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by seguno2: 4:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
Perhaps The spokesman and his boss have forgotten that the main problem we have is MAINTENANCE.
Why should a sensible person build a new road when the existing ones are in a terrible state?
Is PREVENTION no longer better than cure?

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by ellovee(m): 4:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road 2. East- west road 3. Abuja-Lokoja Abaji Dualisation 4. Kano-Maiduguri Dualisation 5. Onitsha head-bridge 6. Onitsha Owerri expressway 7. Von-Machok RD 8. Katsina Daura rd 9. The east-west RD 10. IJEBU IGBO-SEKONA (OGUN STATE) 11. GOMBE BYPASS ROAD (GOMBE STATE)
Are there truths in these claims? Waiting for APC e-rats
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by ooshinibos: 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
5. Onitsha head-bridge
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD

these are re-surfaced roads ( not new roads ) used by politician to siphon money .....these roads are now deplorable ..

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 4:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
amtaken:
There are many of them in Akwa Ibom built by Akpabio and reimbursed by the Federal Government.

They dont know,I asked someone here if they forgot state govt where mandated by teh FG to build then Bill the FG, Nop they 4got that,typical zombies and rice eaters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by chudidonas(m): 4:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
NewNigeriaMind:

Let reinterate,

Name one NEW road:
- started
-Completed

In the last ten years.

Onitsha-Owerri Road(rehabilitatd but as good as new ). Contractors: CCC & JB
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by excel101(m): 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2016
PAINGAIN:
comprehension is not my problem but we should be talking about repairing and maintain the ones we have. But i wan ask abeg, when osinbajo finished saying what he said, did he promise to build new roads or he just left it at that? How many new roads did he promise to construct? Oya lie to me, lying zombie.
Promise ke, we're saying that they've not fulfilled one of their over 20 promises, you are asking of more promises. My bro APC are the biggest scammers in 9ja history.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Azumagcc(m): 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
5. Onitsha head-bridge
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD

Onitsha Owerri road, started while I was still a student. I can tell you non and I mean non completed. Construction companies abandoned all site since 2014 November.

2 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2016
ooshinibos:

these are re-surfaced roads ( not new roads ) used by politician to siphon money .....these roads are now deplorable ..
Have you traveled from sapele to Ughelli? or from Benin bypass to Bayelsa
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by goodguygonebad: 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2016
Will you as a government construct roads into places not needed? Abeg we should think with the brain God freely gave us.

geomekas:

pls r these roads mentioned new roads or rehabilitated roads....we r talking about new roads
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by aresa: 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
paedophile solicitor

And this is your ignorant and unintelligent come back?

Ndo...WAEC reject.. grin
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 4:42pm On Mar 01, 2016
excel101:
Promise ke, we're saying that they've not fulfilled one of their over 20 promises, you are asking of more promises. My bro APC are the biggest scammers in 9ja history.
Even Budget sef dem nor fit pass,its almost one year now.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by DifferentBoy1(m): 4:42pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
5. Onitsha head-bridge
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD

Tell that leader of national union of Yoruba doubting Thomas....
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by babafirst(m): 4:42pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
5. Onitsha head-bridge
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD
I dey Ore now,I dey ask agberos whether another new road dey from Ore to Benin apart from the one wey dem renovate and the agberos dey look me like kidnapper.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by chinuz(m): 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2016
Well personally I don't see any need for new roads when there are roads that requires rehabilitation and sustainance...please anybody that doesn't have a federal road leading to his/her state can criticize d adminstration of Pdp cuz as far as I knw dollar didn't go higher dn 200naira in the last 8-10yrs...buh in ten months we re heading towards 500naira... In ten months they are already looking towards breaking the fuel scarcity record of a 10 year administration...the megawatts generated are just depleting..our investors fleeing (how can we progress when the people you are planning to create jobs for are those being laid off by those companies so what happens to the percentage that haven't been employed and fresh graduates??)...wonder if all the money recovered by Efcc aren't being shared out to fresh hands..our president is just flying around 1st class everyday to countrys that might just send their ambassadors or luckily vice presidents to ours.. Well I guess we should all be praying for positive results from Apc cuz if they fail it affects us all the most and they less..
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by goodguygonebad: 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2016
No be GEJ fault say the road spoil na. But for you to say the road wasn't completed is the highest level of irresponsibility to the out gone government.

martineinstein:
I went to Benin 2 weeks ago.. Which one is more recent?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2016
Dahveydson:

Please try and think up intelligent excuses and stop showing your shallow thinking by spewing fallacies.
Guy concentrate on JOB hunting, when you get more responsibility to pay rents and feed your family, the reality of how the Nigerian politicians manipulate its populace will hit you and I dare say you will be the wiser,keep living with ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bandits: Soldiers And Vigilante Storm Zamfara Forest (photos, Video) / Timipre Sylva's Convoy Obeying Traffic Light As He Arrives Yenagoa (Photos) / Buhari With Wife Aisha, Amosun & Nollywood Stars At An Event In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.