Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years (38243 Views)

"There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande / Laolu Akande Appointed As Osinbajo’s Spokesperson By Buhari / Buhari To Appoint Laolu-Akande, As Osinbajo's Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Dahveydson(m): 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2016
gunuvi:

I will only respond to you because you are polite with your response too. New roads is not something anyone should speak of but how to improve on existing roads. Federal governments everywhere hardly construct new roads, it is the state and local governments that identifies new roads and construct such but not the central government. What the vice president said was uncalled for and should not be celebrated by anyone. This is 2016 and people needs better directions and wants to have evidence for it. Shalom

Your argument is invalid. Governor Sullivan of Enugu state, constructed a brand new road linking Enugu to Nsukka.

Now that's a state. If a Federal Government of 10 years cannot show a single new road it built from scratch then it is a disgrace and shouldn't be defended.

Again, Governor Sullivan didn't abandon other states road but improved and maintained them while he built that road.

Like I said, your argument is invalid.

4 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Ezenwammadu(m): 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2016
aresa:

And the fact that we have bad roads means we should not build new roads?

IPoD logic is always upside down logic..
paedophile solicitor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2016
obailala:
[size=50pt]NEW[/size]

Jonathanians arguing about the meaning of the word NEW have to be the dumbest humans on the planet.
Which new road did Buhari start and complete when he was d military head of State for 3yrs? Zombie
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by jerayme: 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2016
APC is same with PDP.
Time will tell. Stop the blame game and work for us.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Dee60: 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2016
It reminds me of the man who bought TOKUNBO range rover and covered the seats with nylon to try to prove to his uncle that the car was new. On getting to his uncle, he was shocked to realize it was his uncle's car that was stolen that the foolish young guy went to purchase in Cotonou! The car was only repainted and re-sold as Tokunbo!

Mr O, please help Nigerians to identify any NEW road that your bosses started and completed. And please dont mention again that you went to XYZ College if you cannot distinguish between OLD and NEW!

6 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by kufreabasi2013(m): 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2016
This government is getting me angry, if roads where not constructed in the past ten years why dont they just keep quiet and start road construction. nothing will make me vote for them in 2019 except they change.

2 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2016
Dahveydson:

Your argument is invalid. Governor Sullivan of Enugu state, constructed a brand new road linking Enugu to Nsukka.

Now that's a state. If a Federal Government of 10 years cannot show a single new road it built from scratch then it is a disgrace and shouldn't be defended.

Again, Governor Sullivan didn't abandon other states road but improved and maintained them while he built that road.

So can u stake ur life dat no new road was constructed in d whole Nigeria for d past 10yrs,Enugu is small compared to Nigeria,we are not everywhere to know!
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2016
mynd1:
Gbam! Where r wailing Zombies when u need them most? angry
Another gwaro chewing sympatizer, what a loada Craaaaap.So the question is now *about Completed rd projects,I thought he did not start any at all/ ****
So now we agree he did start so me,
Bunch of cattle rearers,U are indeed doomed in ur quest for the support of this certificateless president.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Uten9z(m): 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2016
teejaykkr:

FOR KANKARA GURBI ROAD. NOTHING LIKE THAT ROAD, BECAUSE KANKARA LOCAL GOVT. IS MY HOME TOWN. AND THE GURBI YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT HAVE NO GOOD ROAD

Tell them how u still ride on horse back to ur village. No worry after 2019 u go fine turn
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by dignity33: 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2016
Jonathan never insult Gej Government when he asume office pls APC stop this and get down to work.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by martineinstein(m): 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
3. Abuja-Lokoja Abaji Dualisation
4. Kano-Maiduguri Dualisation
5. Onitsha head-bridge
6. Onitsha Owerri expressway
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD
10. IJEBU IGBO-SEKONA (OGUN STATE)
11. GOMBE BYPASS ROAD (GOMBE STATE)
am from Edo state, bro.. Dat Benin-ore road is half competed... One side is completed(ore to Benin) and the other side(Benin to ore) is still bad

3 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by echomog1: 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2016
The question is.....did you allow him to complete his 8yrs in office?
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by dokiOloye(m): 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2016
Jorussia:
I am waiting for the wailers to name the federal road that was started and completed in the last ten years.
Enugu to Abakaliki in Ebonyi road.
Abakaliki to Ogoja in Cross River state road.
D only section that remains uncompleted in d Enugu to Abakaliki road is a short section near Abakaliki town where d state govt demanded should be left cos they want to dualise d road.
Abakaliki to Ogoja is 100% completed.
So also is Onitsha to Owerri road.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by afamaustin(m): 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2016
Fashola is the to anwser the question cos he say that GET did well in road construction. Case close
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Dahveydson(m): 4:06pm On Mar 01, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
So can u stake ur life dat no new road was constructed in d whole Nigeria for d past 10yrs,Enugu is small compared to Nigeria,we are not everywhere to know!

Did I say FG didn't construct any new road in the last ten years?

Your excuse is invalid.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Cadamlk: 4:06pm On Mar 01, 2016
doctokwus:

People are talking of 10yrs,u are talking of 9months.
Are u ok at all?
He's probably not

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by 1miccza: 4:07pm On Mar 01, 2016
When will these people stop these childish games and get to work?? I am sick and tired of these unnecessary shifting of bulks and searching for people to blame ahn ahn!!! Na wa oo we vote una to come make noise and blame??
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2016
PAINGAIN:
any pathway is a road. There was a complete overhaul of onitsha/owerri road. With the way it was and the way it is now, it is a complete new road to all of us .

Please speak for yourself.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by lordoddy(m): 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2016
Both Osinbajo n his spokes person are not in sink with the reality...
Soon they'll be asking us how many budgets was passed since d last 10 years.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by obailala(m): 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Which new road did Buhari start and complete when he was d military head of State for 3yrs? Zombie
You call the VP a liar when he makes a factual statement, now his spokesman has put forward a simple question to you and your ilk to expose your folly and this is the answer you can come up with? A question?

Answer the freeakin question put up by the VP's spokesman or cover your face in shame.

2 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
Dahveydson:

The likes of you are the reason the FG take advantage of Nigerians cos you lot don't even know the diff between ur head and ur neck
Where you not alive when teh FG back then gave the mandate for all state govt in Nigeria to construct Roads and Bill the FGThis where things like direct labour agencies came to be in places like Delta State I dont k now why you guys would come on here to argue about politics and Economic matters when you know next to nothing about your LGA in the first place.So plz if ur state govt failed to co nstruct, repair and maintain any rd Hold them responsible.Starting with ur Ward councillor.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by naijagobetter(m): 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
NewNigeriaMind:

Let reinterate,

Name one NEW road:
- started
-Completed

In the last ten years.
thats a million dollars question, that will take them another 16 years to answer
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Nbote(m): 4:10pm On Mar 01, 2016
Opposition Ruling Party APC.. Party for zombies, by zombies and full of zombies. D time dis people have spent asking about past administrations is enough to have come up with policies first..
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 01, 2016
This talkative party should stop taunting Jonathan. If Buhari has any case against him, sue him.These stupid and childish act must stop or else i will decamp to PDP.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Gaskia: 4:11pm On Mar 01, 2016
obailala:
This dullness has reached epic and disturbing proportions. The 11 roads you mentioned above all existed before 2006.

Ezenwammadu, I suppose you should be an educated and enlightened person that should know the meaning of the word 'NEW'?

Now I do not have full info on the current conditions of all the REPAIRED roads you mentioned but at least I know the condition of the following which concern me:
- GEJ did not start the East-West Rd and he did not finish it. The road is still a long way from being completed.
- GEJ did not start the Abuja-Lokoja Rd and he did not finish it. A large chunk of the road is yet to be completed.
- GEJ did not start the Onitsha-Owerri road project, 95% of that project was completed under OBJ, GEJ only completed about 5% of the job and commissioned it.

I do not understand how or why these roads are being mentioned as NEW roads, these are roads that all existed before I was born. Even in terms of repairing the roads, GEJ only did portions, he didn't start and he didnt finish the jobs. So how these roads are CONSTANTLY being mentioned as GEJ's sole achievements completely beats my imagination.

A man who has books but does not read is not different from a man who has not. A man who has a large yam barn but dies of hunger is not better than a pauper. A hard stone in the middle of a river has a dry core like the stone in the desert. OF WHAT USE ARE 'ROADS' THAT ARE NOT MOTOR-ABLE OR MOTOR-ABLE WITH PAINS? why would you embark on entirely new roads when 'existing' ones are of no use...'this would be the wisdom of a fool'.

GEJ took the FG all time tarred road record from 4,000KM to over 24,000KM and Foshola gave the testimony then Osibanjo Osibande and PMB are having migraine over this statement of fact.

The empirical evidence available as given by principal witness 1 ((PW1), Fashola) is 4000 to 24000 km in 6 years which means 20,000km in 6 years implying 3,333.33Km per year.
PMB and Osibande have spent approximately 1 year, how many kilometers or old roads have they fixed and how many meters of new roads of the designed and constructed?

2 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by doctokwus: 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
dignity33:
Jonathan never insult Gej kiss Government when he asume office pls APC stop this and get down to work.
Typical product of a GEJ school.

4 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
obailala:
You call the VP a liar when he makes a factual statement, now his spokesman has put forward a simple question to you and your ilk to expose your folly and this is the answer you can come up with? A question?

Answer the freeakin question put up by the VP's spokesman or cover your face in shame.
You are still following these thieves thinking the mean any good right? Cant you see they have changed stance? moved the goal post in the middle of the game?
Now with his statement he is tell us rds where built but not completed.
was that the stance of the VP few days ago??
VP says no new rd was built
VP's spoke person says No built rds where completed
So who is fooling who?

2 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by LadyExcellency: 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
teejaykkr:

FOR KANKARA GURBI ROAD. NOTHING LIKE THAT ROAD, BECAUSE KANKARA LOCAL GOVT. IS MY HOME TOWN. AND THE GURBI YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT HAVE NO GOOD ROAD

Is like you are not in the know hence not in any position to deny this one as usual. Since it is in Katsina State, the core State of APC, ask Buhari to deny it.

You think we don't have documentary of all PDP did in the last five years?
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Dahveydson(m): 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
erico2k2:

The likes of you are the reason the FG take advantage of Nigerians cos you lot don't even know the diff between ur head and ur neck
Where you not alive when teh FG back then gave the mandate for all state govt in Nigeria to construct Roads and Bill the FGThis where things like direct labour agencies came to be in places like Delta State I dont k now why you guys would come on here to argue about politics and Economic matters when you know next to nothing about your LGA in the first place.So plz if ur state govt failed to co nstruct, repair and maintain any rd Hold them responsible.Starting with ur Ward councillor.

Please try and think up intelligent excuses and stop showing your shallow thinking by spewing fallacies.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Omonigeriarere: 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2016
obailala:
This dullness has reached epic and disturbing proportions. The 11 roads you mentioned above all existed before 2006.

Ezenwammadu, I suppose you should be an educated and enlightened person that should know the meaning of the word 'NEW'?

Now I do not have full info on the current conditions of all the REPAIRED roads you mentioned but at least I know the condition of the following which concern me:
- GEJ did not start the East-West Rd and he did not finish it. The road is still a long way from being completed.
- GEJ did not start the Abuja-Lokoja Rd and he did not finish it. A large chunk of the road is yet to be completed.
- GEJ did not start the Onitsha-Owerri road project, 95% of that project was completed under OBJ, GEJ only completed about 5% of the job and commissioned it.

I do not understand how or why these roads are being mentioned as NEW roads, these are roads that all existed before I was born. Even in terms of repairing the roads, GEJ only did portions, he didn't start and he didnt finish the jobs. So how these roads are CONSTANTLY being mentioned as GEJ's sole achievements completely beats my imagination.

You dey mind those imbeciles? EVen the Lagos-Ibadan Express Road GEJ used to campaign despite the fact that it is not a new road is not half done.

2 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
obailala:

If you are not ready to answer my question be still! Cos u guys are only good in blaming Pdp,without saying what Apc has done differently,you think 9months is too small to start working? We are watching!
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by erico2k2(m): 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
Gaskia:

A man who has books but does not read is not different from a man who has not. A man who has a large yam barn but dies of hunger is not better than a pauper. A hard stone in the middle of a river has a dry core like the stone in the desert. OF WHAT USE ARE 'ROADS' THAT ARE NOT MOTOR-ABLE OR MOTOR-ABLE WITH PAINS? why would you embark on entirely new roads when 'existing' ones are of no use...'this would be the wisdom of a fool'.

GEJ took the FG all time tarred road record from 4,000KM to over 24,000KM and Foshola gave the testimony then Osibanjo Osibande and PMB are having migraine over this statement of fact.

The empirical evidence available as given by principal witness 1 ((PW1), Fashola) is 4000 to 24000 km in 6 years which means 20,000km in 6 years implying 3,333.33Km per year.
PMB and Osibande have spent approximately 1 year, how many kilometers or old roads have they fixed and how many meters of new roads of the designed and constructed?
Thank you very much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

"The Other Room" Trends On Twitter. Nse Ikpe Etim Joins / APC Replies Davido, Calls Him A "Political Novice" / Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.