Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Fashola Warns Mend - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Warns Mend (22618 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Okwyjesus(m): 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fashola cant do anything, those guys are terrible
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 3:50pm On Jul 16, 2009
if they are so bitter, let them go to Aso Rock and negotiate.
Kidnapping and bombing wont help
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by vikiviko(m): 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2009
The attack on Lagos is uncalled for.

Lagos is a friendly state , everybody lives peacefully here.

MEND make una think am again, Lagos no dey the picture of enemy zones.

On Kaima declaration i stand too.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2009
MUZBO:

What settlement do you want after you came blabbing with your 1st post that Lagosians are the enemy.See this PUNK ASS SCRUB saying unfairly! Was the MEND attack on Lagos fair? And pls what will come out of it? You think we give a mess if you are an arms dealer in China? Better brace up!Yeah, the heat is on 'your people' now. See how you felt it from Shanghai!

Are we still talking about Fashola and MEND or am I missing sometin'?. . lol.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ibime(m): 4:01pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

if they are so bitter, let them go to Aso Rock and negotiate.

they are negotiating with Aso Rock. . . . everyday.

Fhemmmy:

Besides, controlling their own resources cant be a solution, however, i will admit that they needs to be better compensated and make sure their lands are OK, and taken cared of, but they cant control their own natural resources.

Why not?. . . . do all states in a Federation not control their resources. . . . go and ask Texas, Alaska etc if they dont control their resources. . . . they all do, and they all pay 50% tax to Federal Government. . . . ask me why California is currently bankrupt. . . . not only have they controlled their resources, they've also 'miscontrolled' them. . .

MEND are criminals, but I will always support them. . . . . just like I supported OPC when they were fighting for disanullment of June 12, although they are also made of criminals. . . . when Yankee was fighting Britain, who do you think would be the first at the frontline, if not for criminals. . . . do you know that pirates were paid to protect Americas shorelines in the first few years after Independence. . . . I would rather these criminals were channeling their criminality into something productive such as fighting for resource control, than conducting inter-ethnic pugilism like they did in the 90's where we had numerous wars between tribes of Rivers and Delta State.

And you better believe it, MENDS modus operandi is the destruction of Nigerias oil economy. . . . if it pain you, then let it pain you. . . .when Naija is exporting 0 bpd perhaps it will come to its senses.  cool
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 4:05pm On Jul 16, 2009
And you better believe it, MENDS modus operandi is the destruction of Nigerias oil economy. . . . if it pain you, then let it pain you. . . .when Naija is exporting 0 bpd perhaps it will come to its senses
by tht time, the whole ND population will be less than 100 tongue
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 4:09pm On Jul 16, 2009
Why not?. . . . do all states in a Federation not control their resources.
did you fail your Govt in secondary school?
or you didnt do it at all?

go buy a Govt textbook and understand hw US and 9ja are different.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 4:12pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ibime:

they are negotiating with Aso Rock. . . . everyday.

Why not?. . . . do all states in a Federation not control their resources. . . . go and ask Texas, Alaska etc if they dont control their resources. . . . they all do, and they all pay 50% tax to Federal Government. . . . ask me why California is currently bankrupt. . . . not only have they controlled their resources, they've also 'miscontrolled' them. . .

And you better believe it, MENDS modus operandi is the destruction of Nigerias oil economy. . . . if it pain you, then let it pain you. . . .when Naija is exporting 0 bpd perhaps it will come to its senses.  cool

It is high time we stop comparing things with USA, Texas is in the USA and not in Nigeria, so let us deal with our issues.

I am not disturbed by all the bombing of the oil pipes, as long as they leave pple that are minding their biz alone, what has their fight gotta do with school teachers that are being kidnapped?
For all i care, let them burn the oil in Nija.

If they negotiate daily with Aso Rock, that is good, keep it that way and dont kill people for nothig
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by MUZBO(m): 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ibime:

Some people need to let go of tribal sensitivities. . . .Debosky and other progressive minded peeps are not selling out, rather buying-in to the idea of resorce control and regional autonomy. Raj Fashola and the Govt of Lagos is seen as a beacon of hope for the future stability of Nigeria under regional autonomy and fiscal federalism. I troway salute to Sir Fashola for his work in seeking fiscal and bureacratic independence from the Nigerian State.

However, no longer will the mega-cities of Nigeria be a getaway from the problems of the hinterland. When the war reach your domot, you will be forced to buck one way or another. Politicians in Lagos and Yorubaland now have a decision to make - pressure the Fed Govt to acquiesce to the demands of the Niger-Delta (resource control), or join the Federal Govt to oppose the demands of the Niger-Delta. There is no neutrality where injustice is being meted out, especially in your own country where you have a say in the political process. You are either with it, or against.
Well put but grossly myopic. Don't get mad yet, just read: Are you saying if I want you on my side I should put a bomb at your gate and kill a guard so as to force you to my side? Naaahh. The people of Lagos already support the cause so what else does MEND want- for Gov Fash to buy arms for them?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by RichyBlacK(m): 4:21pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

It is high time we stop comparing things with USA, Texas is in the USA and not in Nigeria, so let us deal with our issues.

I am not disturbed by all the bombing of the oil pipes, as long as they leave pple that are minding their biz alone, what has their fight gotta do with school teachers that are being kidnapped?
For all i care, let them burn the oil in Nija.

If they negotiate daily with Aso Rock, that is good, keep it that way and dont kill people for nothig

Yep, killing innocent people is never justifiable.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ibime:

Some people need to let go of tribal sensitivities. . . .Debosky and other progressive minded peeps are not selling out, rather buying-in to the idea of resorce control and regional autonomy. Raj Fashola and the Govt of Lagos is seen as a beacon of hope for the future stability of Nigeria under regional autonomy and fiscal federalism. I troway salute to Sir Fashola for his work in seeking fiscal and bureacratic independence from the Nigerian State.

However, no longer will the mega-cities of Nigeria be a getaway from the problems of the hinterland. When the war reach your domot, you will be forced to buck one way or another. Politicians in Lagos and Yorubaland now have a decision to make - pressure the Fed Govt to acquiesce to the demands of the Niger-Delta (resource control), or join the Federal Govt to oppose the demands of the Niger-Delta. There is no neutrality where injustice is being meted out, especially in your own country where you have a say in the political process. You are either with it, or against.

That highlighted is the problem. Why must we follow you in your sheer criminality. Everyday, the genuine N/D agitators are losing the goodwill of Nigerians that share in their vision of a better N/D, why?, because of the behaviour of some mis-guided rogues of the delta.

When Geoge Bush and his fellow bandits on the aftermath of the 911 incidence said "You are either with us or with the terrorists", they lost the goodwill of majority of Europe in the war against terrorism.

Yorubas have been in the vanguard of true federalism and resources control ever before it became a "sing-song"  among later day converts.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2009
I will even be willing to join them in the fighting, but not when they are being destructive in a nation that dont know how to restore and when they are killing people
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ibime(m): 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2009
tkb417:

did you fail your Govt in secondary school?
or you didnt do it at all?

go buy a Govt textbook and understand hw US and 9ja are different.

Perhaps you failed Govt yourself. . . . was there a subject called Govt sef?. . . . which kain private school you go. . . grin

I am all ears Mr Itk419 cool. . . . lecture me on how yankee system should differ from ours. . . . or how any federation does. . . . what was our constitution regarding regional autonomy in 1960 (the terms under which we agreed to come together as different peoples). . . . and point out how anything I have said contravenes the 1960 agreement. . . . I am waiting cool
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by darqly(m): 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2009
loong yawn So its ok for MEND to go bomb Abuja, Jos, Jigawa et al becos those are the states  drinking their oil, but Lagos is a touch not?
Just shows why the capital was moved from a network of creeks and conjoined islands called Lagos to the heart of the Nation.
Fashola can do ZILCH to MEND except publicly denounce them. Anything else is just hot air. They're thieves, killers, looters, etc but then we are all agreed that they should control their resource abi?
The sooner they lose all credibilty the better for the rest of us in Nigeria. Criminality is not a tool in negtiation or a means of gaining attention or sympathy.
So they bomb the oil industry to stupor, then what?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ibime:

Perhaps you failed Govt yourself. . . . was there a subject called Govt sef?. . . . which kain private school you go. . . grin

I am all ears Mr Itk419 cool. . . . lecture me on how yankee system should differ from ours. . . . or how any federation does. . . . what was our constitution regarding regional autonomy in 1960 (the terms under which we agreed to come together as different peoples). . . . and point out how anything I have said contravenes the 1960 agreement. . . . I am waiting cool

Ibime, dont lets start jagbajantis here o
i went to military schools for my nursery, primary and secondary and yes i wrote a subject called Govt in my SSCE

e be like say na Afghanistan you go school cos u don start ur megedefegede again

do i need to go further on this cos you shld knw while there are reserved powers for states in America, our constitution didnt make allowance for our states in Nigeria.
how you compare states that own and control their security operatives not to control their resources beats me. Except ure saying we shld scrap what we have now and go the way of US

as it is now, what ure clamouring for is illegal and ur coconut head shld have pointed this out
olodo oshi
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2009
darqly:

loong yawn So its ok for MEND to go bomb Abuja, Jos, Jigawa et al becos those are the states  drinking their oil, but Lagos is a touch not?
Just shows why the capital was moved from a network of creeks and conjoined islands called Lagos to the heart of the Nation.
Fashola can do ZILCH to MEND except publicly denounce them. Anything else is just hot air. They're thieves, killers, looters, etc but then we are all agreed that they should control their resource abi?
The sooner they lose all credibilty the better for the rest of us in Nigeria. Criminality is not a tool in negtiation or a means of gaining attention or sympathy.
So they bomb the oil industry to stupor, then what?

with all they have done, or some of their members have done, would it be a crime to be labelled as such?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by banom(m): 5:12pm On Jul 16, 2009
MUZBO:

Well put but grossly myopic. Don't get mad yet, just read: Are you saying if I want you on my side I should put a bomb at your gate and kill a guard so as to force you to my side? Naaahh. The people of Lagos already support the cause so what else does MEND want- for Gov Fash to buy arms for them?

How have they supported it ?, what have they done to show they supported it ? is it to sit down in there dirty houses and be gossiping about it and say things like, " Those mend guys are powerful, if you see their wepons chai, those guys can fight the army if rmy combat them, the government settled them with so much money to drop arms, those guys are on so much money" these are the typical gossip you here from lagosians, is this the support ?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 16, 2009
^^^
What brought this ape here again? angry
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2009
banom:

How have they supported it ?, what have they done to show they supported it ? is it to sit down in there dirty houses and be gossiping about it and say things like, " Those mend guys are powerful, if you see their wepons chai, those guys can fight the army if rmy combat them, the government settled them with so much money to drop arms, those guys are on so much money" these are the typical gossip you here from lagosians, is this the support ?

It is not till someone carry arms with you that they support you.
Once they agreed that you are fighting for right reasons, it means you have their moral support and that is good enuf, or what else would u want them to do to show their support?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ibime(m): 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2009
tkb417:

Ibime, dont lets start jagbajantis here o
i went to military schools for my nursery, primary and secondary and yes i wrote a subject called Govt in my SSCE

No wonder you dey make gbrigidi like egbewedger. . . . I hope you didnt school in Zaria. . . you dehumanised barbarian  grin

tkb417:

do i need to go further on this cos you shld knw while there are reserved powers for states in America, our constitution didnt make allowance for our states in Nigeria.
how you compare states that own and control their security operatives not to control their resources beats me. Except ure saying we shld scrap what we have now and go the way of US

as it is now, what ure clamouring for is illegal and ur coconut head shld have pointed this out
olodo oshi

@ the content in bold. . . . what was tkb417 shouting when Fashola was calling for Lagos State Police force?. . . . tkb was shouting "Yes Fashola, I agree with you 100%!"  grin grin grin

And how does having State-controlled Police force cancel out the need for fiscal federalism?. . . . are they mutually exclusive?. . . . wetin concern fish with raincoat?

BTW, most states in Nigeria already have their own state-controlled police force. . . . Bakassi Boys, vigilantes etc  grin

Tomorrow now, you would tell me "Do the villagers own the land for which they are complaining", not forgetting that they did until OBJ criminally introduced the Land Act of 1978 bestowing all lands and profits from lands on Federal Government.

Ol' boy chill out on that. . . . . successive military governments have emasculated the Niger-Deltan people. . . . now we are back in democracy, we only ask for a return to the same conditions as 1960. . . .resource control for indivual peoples of Nigeria. . . . it would not have escaped your attention that each part of Nigeria witnessed the most progress when they were accountable for themselves. . . . all our Universities and major roads were built during that period. . . . each region was productive and each leader was answerable to his people, not Federal power-brokers. . . . as Wole Soyinka rightfully said, its time to revisit the 1967 question of Federalism, otherwise no hope for Naija. . .
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

It is not till someone carry arms with you that they support you.
Once they agreed that you are fighting for right reasons, it means you have their moral support and that is good enuf, or what else would u want them to do to show their support?
By joining them in the bombing spree of course. With that, they will be assured that we support them.

Some folks here are grossly demented! angry
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 5:32pm On Jul 16, 2009
ilugunboy:

By joining them in the bombing spree of course. With that, they will be assured that we support them.

Some folks here are grossly demented! angry

Those kinda people makes me sick.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by stevemike1: 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2009
Most times I wonder why some people will see the truth and shy away from it, if Fahola should be frank with him self, how will he react if somebody should come to his back yard and harvest his crops then take to another place to go and eat, the person will only give some of the crops to the wealthy people around his vicinity that will be able to challenge him and then neglect he that owns the crop, because you can not challenge the person, then how will you feel?
The Niger Delta have suffered so much, the government know what to do, they are just ignoring it, they should settle, the Niger delta by building good roads, infrastructures, electricity, etc, I reside in Bayelsa State, if you come to Bayelsa you will cry, because you will observe that poverty is in the land and you will not agree that this an oil rich state, bad roads, inconsistent electricity, unemployment’s, etc, the Federal Govt. should award contracts to people that are competent and if any contractor should steal , and if any contractor should steal the public money without executing the contract, the government should deal with such person no matter how powerful the person, the government knows what to do, and Niger Delta will not see rest until Government start to take care of their responsibility, so fashola should please close his mouth and advise the government than for him sending empty treats.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2009
steve mike:

Most times I wonder why some people will see the truth and shy away from it, if Fahola should be frank with him self, how will he react if somebody should come to his back yard and harvest his crops then take to another place to go and eat, the person will only give some of the crops to the wealthy people around his vicinity that will be able to challenge him and then neglect he that owns the crop, because you can not challenge the person, then how will you feel?
The Niger Delta have suffered so much, the government know what to do, they are just ignoring it, they should settle, the Niger delta by building good roads, infrastructures, electricity, etc, I reside in Bayelsa State, if you come to Bayelsa you will cry, because you will observe that poverty is in the land and you will not agree that this an oil rich state, bad roads, inconsistent electricity, unemployment’s, etc, the Federal Govt. should award contracts to people that are competent and if any contractor should steal , and if any contractor should steal the public money without executing the contract, the government should deal with such person no matter how powerful the person, the government knows what to do, and Niger Delta will not see rest until Government start to take care of their responsibility, so fashola should please close his mouth and advise the government than for him sending empty treats.

Listen to youself!. However some legit issues you raised, nevetheless it should be directed at your rogue leaders of the Delta. Not this type of transfer aggresion.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 5:40pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ibime:

No wonder you dey make gbrigidi like egbewedger. . . . I hope you didnt school in Zaria. . . you dehumanised barbarian  grin

@ the content in bold. . . . what was tkb417 shouting when Fashola was calling for Lagos State Police force?. . . . tkb was shouting "Yes Fashola, I agree with you 100%!"  grin grin grin

And how does having State-controlled Police force cancel out the need for fiscal federalism?. . . . are they mutually exclusive?. . . . wetin concern fish with raincoat?

BTW, most states in Nigeria already have their own state-controlled police force. . . . Bakassi Boys, vigilantes etc  grin

Tomorrow now, you would tell me "Do the villagers own the land for which they are complaining", not forgetting that they did until OBJ criminally introduced the Land Act of 1978 bestowing all lands and profits from lands on Federal Government.

Ol' boy chill out on that. . . . . successive military governments have emasculated the Niger-Deltan people. . . . now we are back in democracy, we only ask for a return to the same conditions as 1960. . . .resource control for indivual peoples of Nigeria. . . . it would not have escaped your attention that each part of Nigeria witnessed the most progress when they were accountable for themselves. . . . all our Universities and major roads were built during that period. . . . each region was productive and each leader was answerable to his people, not Federal power-brokers. . . . as Wole Soyinka rightfully said, its time to revisit the 1967 question of Federalism, otherwise no hope for Naija. . .

grin grin grin grin
Ibime in fact u no well

so OPC na state Police grin grin grin

for real, i understand wht ure saying and i reckon if we go back to when the regions were controlling resources, it will augur well for all states/regions. Thats correct!

the only time we had some meaninful developments in this country was when we controlled our destinies ourselves
maybe, if we go back to that period, maybe Nigeria will be better for it (maybe)

but tell the cantankerous elements in ur domain to stop shelling my backyard in the name of trying to pass mssgs to the central
the bombs can be sent to aso rock.   .    .   . wetin concern us for Lagos
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2009
steve mike:

You are a man that has senses and i love what you just said, so someone comes to the backyard of fashola and stole his crops and gives them to the wealthy and the owner goes hungry and dying, that is so unfair, unjustified, and barbaric, however, is that enuf now to start bombing everyone else that has crops that hasnt stolen the crop at the back of Fashola's house, is that enuf now to start kidnapping the teacher of the kids of someone that hs nothing to do with the crops?
there are good and bad ways to fight for every crime, and one of the good ways is negotiating and if you must bomb or kidnap people, kidnap the govt, like the president and the senators and not the VC of university that cant help you at all.
Such action i see them as being a coward
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ocelot2006(m): 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2009
These questions are meant for my fellow Niger-deltans who support the actions of MEND:
What have you done about the state governors, house of rep members, LG chairmen, and councillors that looted the treasuries of yours states?
From the billions of naira made by MEND through their activities, please list just ONE good thing they've contributed to their own local  society and the Niger-delta region at large.
How can you justify the killing of your own people and other fellow Nigerians by these criminals?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2009
ocelot2006:

These questions are meant for my fellow Niger-deltans who support the actions of MEND:
What have you done about the state governors, house of rep members, LG chairmen, and councillors that looted the treasuries of yours states?
From the billions of naira made by MEND through their activities, please list just ONE good thing they've contributed to their own local  society and the Niger-delta region at large.
How can you justify the killing of your own people and other fellow Nigerians by these criminals?

FULL GBAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2009
ilugunboy:

Listen to youself!. However some legit issues you raised, nevetheless it should be directed at your rogue leaders of the Delta. Not this type of transfer aggresion.
Ilugun, the dude has spoken well
The Govt shld help build the area. The oil rich states shld at least be like Abuja to start with

i agree the thieves they have as rulers shld be stripped of those billions.
Heared some billions and Chelsea Hotel in Abuja were handed to the Bayels govt, good.
Ibori and co shld be stripped too
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by calyx: 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2009
Go ask those armed robbers terrorising Lagos before now and you'll know if he is capable of doing something or not.

Is it supposed to mean that the robbers are gone? maybe the monies are no longer there
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2009
tkb417:

Ilugun, the dude has spoken well
some billions and Chelsea Hotel in Abuja were handed to the Bayels govt, good.
Ibori and co shld be stripped too

That is just a tip of what the guy actually stole. Infact, they have not scratch the surface of his loot.

Ibori, Odili, Alaibe et al should logically be these guys legitimate target for questioning.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by debosky(m): 6:08pm On Jul 16, 2009
ocelot2006:

Valid points, but this can be explained away with various 'excuses' or reasons, one being that the so called 'leaders' are foisted upon the zone by the parasitic groupings in the PDP/Federal Government and do not represent the will of the people.

Even if that were not the case, it is not for OUTSIDERS who have little or no expertise in managing resources (any resources they have are just as badly managed and wasted) to tell Niger Deltans how to spend their resources. The stealing by ND 'leaders' is in no way a justification of the stealing by the central government nor the neglect of the Delta.

Their agitation for resource control remains valid - if they want to squander 100% of their resources, it is THEIR business.

I don't take your paycheck and tell you how to spend it, heck even the government will collect tax and leave the rest to your devices. They don't police you on how you spend YOUR money, so why should Nigeria dictate to the Niger Delta?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Osinbajo’s Adeboye-Inspired RCCG Supremacist Bigotry Now Open - Farooq Kperogi / Man who shot Lucky Dube says he thought he was a Nigerian! / Libya Deportee Kidnaps And Robs Female Corper In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.