Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? (35551 Views)

Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Blackout In Court (Pictures) / Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Jimi23(m): 7:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
seunmsg:

Your hero, Goodluck Jonathan sold Phcn distribution assets in Lagos mainland to IKEDC, a private company. If the company's staffs are on strike, blame the management and not the president. Beside, your alarming headline is false. There is no national blackout in Nigeria. Here in Abuja, I still enjoyed light till this morning.

What "hero" are u talking about? U had light in Abuja today, so what? Does Abuja constitute the whole of Nigeria? For your info,almost every part of Nigeria has been in TOTAL 24/7 darkness for about six days now. Once thers a complaint against any sector in this administration, u start to politicise everything. Don't Nigerians have the right to genuine complaints if this administration falls below expectAtion? Is everything a GEJ Vs. PMB tussle? Let this administration wake up to its responsibilities! No power, no fuel, crumbling state of the naira which has affected prices of every commodity available for sale in Nigeria and u are ranting GEJ. Vs. PMB nonsense! This is not the "change" we envisaged please.

4 Likes

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Excuzeme: 8:16pm On Mar 10, 2016
SleekAboki:
The gameplan is to force the masses into submission for the new tariffs to take effect. They are messing up with your minds.
Aresa Gbawe ngeneukwenu omenka demdem egift do you guys have light?

Why do people like you ALWAYS spoil a good post with PARTISANSHIP?
Cant you say anything sensible without recourse to PARTY, ETHNIC TRIBE or RELIGION?
angry angry angry

SMH, really.

Now, to power:

The current situation is unacceptable...... but we should not just shout and cry, we need to analyse the situation, proffer solutions and be on the neck of the Govt to follow-through.
I for one do note that the incessant blow-up of Gas pipe-lines, the 'hostage-taking" by "MAJOR" Petroleum Marketers, the hoarding of the little fuel available by the Petroleum Station staff so that they can extort, exploit and make illicit gains, are all contributory factors.

We must also note that until Nigeria as a country, is determined to build new Power stations instead of managing those "expired ones" and wasting more than double the amount required to build a new one, on some silly Turn-Around-Maintenance (TAM) which some have turned into a cash-cow, at the NNPC....
.....until our silly Minister and Govt come out honestly and accept that it is not always "how much MONEY you throw at a problem, that solves the problem......" but honest effort and efficiency goes a long way,
We have had these tariff increases over and over again and like that of Petrol, its always the same excuse...INCREASE PRICE TO MAKE SOME PEOPLE RICHER, AT THE EXPENSE OF THE CITIZENS!...

We would continue to have these power failures that kill business and entrepreneurship

.......Until Nigeria as a country can increase "local refining of crude oil for PMS" and sundry by-products, until we as a country can fashion out ways to independently transport our refined Petrol from the refinery to the Selling Pumps without overly relying on the "Tanker Cabals" who take us for a ride (by Trains probably or deeply-laid down pipes or even impose the death penalty for economic saboteurs like pipeline Vandals, e.t.c),.......

Until the department of Petroleum Marketing (DPM) can efficiently monitor and punish, in a very punitive manner, these petrol sations that hoard and inflate prices while using "manipulated Pumps" (I know in some countries, if you dare touch the Pump or Hoard, your station will remain under lock and key for a minimum of six months, you will get fines of very-very punishing amount, the equivalent of like #25Million Naira and the owner of the Station gets charged to court for sabotage and gets sentenced to jail...... thats why you dont see them do it rampantly as they do here in Nigeria, with a paltry #500,00 fine when they would have made close to #10 Million profit form such acts!)....

Until Power is relatively stable thereby reducing the pressure on buying Petrol-for-Generators and "killing ourselves with cancer-causing obnoxious fumes".........

We will just continue to go round in circles.

Where are the criminal Legis-Looters?
Where are the "bought-over" Student Associations?
Where are the corrupt Labour Unions?
Where are the pimping "Men of Gawd" who call themselves Pastors, G.O's and Bishops
Where are the Civil Societies and corrupt, self-seeking NGO's?
Where are the brave men in our Armed Forces.....Yes, if that is what it takes
Where are the Citizens?
undecided

Finally, where is the President, he has kept mute in the last few weeks while Fulani Herdsmen were killing, raping and Kidnapping, while Power was becoming a luxury, while Petrol Queues have become the other of the day?

A Leader needs to stand up and lead in times of crisis.... Where is my President, Muhammad Buhari......how long shall he keep quiet over this?
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 10, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

I asked cuz you covered your eyes when I talked about what'd make me get aroused... You know virgins shy away from such talks...

Can I PM you? wink
Lol you're putting the cart before the horse. tongue
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SycophanticGoat: 11:25pm On Mar 10, 2016
PinkBarbie:
Lol you're putting the cart before the horse. tongue

Hmmm, so who's the horse and what is the cart...? smiley cheesy
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 10, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Hmmm, so who's the horse and what is the cart...? smiley cheesy
Go figure. tongue
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SycophanticGoat: 11:36pm On Mar 10, 2016
PinkBarbie:
Go figure. tongue

Aight..

What are you doing up this late? Don't tell me you's a night crawler... cheesy
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 10, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Aight..

What are you doing up this late? Don't tell me you's a night crawler... cheesy
The same thing you're doing. cheesy
Why haven't you slept?
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SycophanticGoat: 11:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
PinkBarbie:
The same thing you're doing. cheesy
Why haven't you slept?

Will be sleeping soon.. Got two fans at the highest speed but yet, still feel hot.. Might have to get a 3rd fan oh... shocked shocked
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 11, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Will be sleeping soon.. Got two fans at the highest speed but yet, still feel hot.. Might have to get a 3rd fan oh... shocked shocked
Lol ehya. The heat has been too much lately. Why not get an A.C instead? Two fans? grin grin
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by pretty16(f): 1:14am On Mar 11, 2016
Acidosis:
I'm just wondering, today marks the 4th day I've been trying to cope without electricity. Is this problem peculiar to me alone? Or are we suffering and smiling on the Social Media because we have N20 to charge phone on the streets?

Nobody cares about the impact on Businesses. Majority of the frozen food sellers in my street are lamenting as some of them have recorded monumental losses within the past 4 days.

I've personally lost about N50,000 (in directly) due to the failure of this government to admit and confront their failures.

So many business men are running at loss. Nigerians should not keep quiet. Market women, unlike, banks and large organizations do not have the money to purchase large inverters, diesel engines, etc. The few who could afford generators do not have access to petrol as most of the filling stations have shut their doors (in Lagos and Ogun). Mind you, 90% of those selling refuse to sell in Jerry cans. The implication is that a woman who has N100k worth of frozen food would rather bury her goods or fry it all for herself and family.

The big, influential and shameless men who ought to come out and speak are either scared of a fulani man or extremely 'stu.pid' to understand the plight of small business owners who survive on electricity.

I'm not a frozen food seller, but for Christ sake, these folks are Nigerian citizens who have chosen to survive in the absence of direct jobs from the government. Hence, they deserve the right to enjoy the basic amenities like electricity and fuel.

May the curse of the Lord remains in the house of the wicked.

Your is 4days, ours is 6days now. It's so annoying.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by danbrowndmf(m): 3:32am On Mar 11, 2016
PinkBarbie:
Aah this one is more than me. *covers eyes*
kai. Your profile picture tap. How many PM you don receive for this pishure?
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 4:55am On Mar 11, 2016
Kingsasian:
Op, are you a Jew in Nigeria? Is there any year since we were born that we haven't experience days if not months of total power outage in this country? Nigerians are well known to adapt to whatever situation we find ourselves hence the silence on the issue on ground. Thank God the politicians are gradually dying. God will and is fighting for us.
Chineke
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Acidosis(m): 5:31am On Mar 11, 2016
pretty16:

Your is 4days, ours is 6days now. It's so annoying.
Sorry sad
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SycophanticGoat: 6:02am On Mar 11, 2016
PinkBarbie:
Lol ehya. The heat has been too much lately. Why not get an A.C instead? Two fans? grin grin

My inverter can't carry such load. When I get a bigger capacity, then I can use AC..
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Sunky200: 6:15am On Mar 11, 2016
total backout?
pls do not generalize
power production may have reduced but blackout is over statement
i have light in my area
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Progressive01(m): 7:11am On Mar 11, 2016
Ishilove:

You are also in the zoo so you are an animal suffering the crumbling effects.

Rubbish. People are discussing serious issues and you're here speaking through your anus
That moniker has been given another two weeks ban for "violation of Rule 8" when he created a thread asking if nairaland has jettisoned Rule 9 given the number of pro-bia*fran threads that have been left to flourish on the forum.

I told you some mod is simply out to silence "O" forever and you thought I was joking.

This is just too damn petty. Some folk somewhere has probably made it his mandate to ensure only one narative- that of PDP- is heard around here. Too bad the admin doesn't see this.

Imagine this thread and what a lie it represents- "TOTAL Blackout in NIGERIA"- yet they don't see it as a violation of Rule 8, infact, it was moved to the fp and has been sitting comfortably at the top of this board for days!! But when Omenka ASKED A QUESTION regarding the forum's policy on Rule 9, he was banned for "violating Rule 8!!
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by onatisi(m): 7:16am On Mar 11, 2016
grin Nigerians never see anything this is just the beginning

1 Like

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 11, 2016
seunmsg:

Your hero, Goodluck Jonathan sold Phcn distribution assets in Lagos mainland to IKEDC, a private company. If the company's staffs are on strike, blame the management and not the president. Beside, your alarming headline is false. There is no national blackout in Nigeria. Here in Abuja, I still enjoyed light till this morning.
Is this the seun that owns NL?
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 11, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

My inverter can't carry such load. When I get a bigger capacity, then I can use AC..
Awww Pele.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 11, 2016
danbrowndmf:
kai. Your profile picture tap. How many PM you don receive for this pishure?
Lol none o lipsrsealed
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SycophanticGoat: 7:44am On Mar 11, 2016
PinkBarbie:
Awww Pele.

Ose ga'an.. Good morning..
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 11, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Ose ga'an.. Good morning..
Ekaro
Are you yoruba?
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SycophanticGoat: 8:00am On Mar 11, 2016
PinkBarbie:
Ekaro
Are you yoruba?

Nope. Are you?
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by danbrowndmf(m): 8:01am On Mar 11, 2016
PinkBarbie:
Lol none o lipsrsealed
it means you'v nt been checking ur mail. Your DP is like a magnet, it must surely attract toasters.cheesy
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 8:07am On Mar 11, 2016
In my area here in Owerr, imo state we still had light everyday and night . Cant say for others though
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 11, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Nope. Are you?
Nope..
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SycophanticGoat: 8:13am On Mar 11, 2016
PinkBarbie:
Nope..

I am (abu'm) nwa afo... cheesy grin
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 11, 2016
danbrowndmf:
it means you'v nt been checking ur mail. Your DP is like a magnet, it must surely attract toasters.cheesy
grin grin
Don't make me kill me with laughter this morning. cheesy
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 11, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

I am (abu'm) nwa afo... cheesy grin
What's nwa afo?
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SycophanticGoat: 8:21am On Mar 11, 2016
PinkBarbie:
What's nwa afo?

Literary and direct meaning: A child from the womb.

Is the short form of: Nwa afo ala Igbo

Meaning: a true son of the (Igbo) soil. cheesy cheesy cheesy

What's your tribe? smiley
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 11, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Literary and direct meaning: A child from the womb.

Is the short form of: Nwa afo ala Igbo

Meaning: a true son of the (Igbo) soil. cheesy cheesy cheesy

What's your tribe? smiley
Oh lol
I'm from Afghanistan.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by danbrowndmf(m): 8:36am On Mar 11, 2016
PinkBarbie:
grin grin
Don't make me kill me with laughter this morning. cheesy
but Na the truth i dy talk na. I dy see the chat with that guy with goat moniker.cheesy dude is hillarious

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo / Spanish Warship Visits Lagos, Conducts Exercise With Nigerian Navy (pics) / Wike Pledges ‘Logistics Support’ For Peter Obi’s Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.