Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? (35497 Views)

Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Blackout In Court (Pictures) / Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by AngelXs: 8:37am On Mar 10, 2016
Only 4 days? Abi na today u enter nig. lipsrsealed
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by TheArchangel(f): 8:48am On Mar 10, 2016
seunmsg:

Your hero, Goodluck Jonathan sold Phcn distribution assets in Lagos mainland to IKEDC, a private company. If the company's staffs are on strike, blame the management and not the president. Beside, your alarming headline is false. There is no national blackout in Nigeria. Here in Abuja, I still enjoyed light till this morning.
What sort of daft and stupid bullcrap is this? Eedc and the other series of DC's were they not sold too? Even your Abuja DC's was privatised and yet you have light courtesy of " the hero"? Or are you so bereft of constructive ideas that you have to call in Jonathan every now and then to buttress your inconsiderate points.
Peeps are losing in their businesses and it is not the right time to play politics. So call your government to order.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by FoodVendors: 8:57am On Mar 10, 2016
this is actually bad for business. ice block has added money and its difficult to come by
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by chi4ik4(m): 9:08am On Mar 10, 2016
I blame GEJ for this
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by chi4ik4(m): 9:09am On Mar 10, 2016
I blame GEJ for this
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by giftservers(m): 9:09am On Mar 10, 2016
Is this the change we were looking for?
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by ibile1: 9:09am On Mar 10, 2016
[size=18pt]Simply because,
its the change we all voted for[/size]
grin
Very soon...our presido will blame aba market boys for power outage. grin

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:09am On Mar 10, 2016
Wetin OP dey talk?

Me wey NEPA wan use light murder me? angry

My A.C nearly block me inside room last night .. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Kondomatic(m): 9:10am On Mar 10, 2016
It is day 8 here but nobody is complaining because it is Buhari.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by FTBOY: 9:11am On Mar 10, 2016
my generator has started making a funny sound........i dey pity am!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by bitingcool: 9:11am On Mar 10, 2016
I'm amazed how we are all blaming Buhari, Fashola, Jonathan even Lord Lugard. While I do not deny that a percentage of blame rests upon them and the structureless institutions, have we even thought to blame OURSELVES?

We elected them to power, they live amongst us (from the disco managers to the elected officials) ,we are related to them, they are protected by armed men who are related to us and who suffer the same pain. They still drive on our streets (whether in a convoy or not) yet, what do we do. We never ask them questions, accosst them to know where the sudden source of wealth came from, we never demand wat we voted thhem in power for. Instead, we are blinded by religious and ethnic and tribal divisions.
Will your boss remember you're a Muslim or Christian or Ibo or yoruba or Hausa if you repeatedly fail to do your work and are unproductive ? Yet, we push these old excuses forward to defend looters and sappers of the destiny of our nation and the inheritance of our children.

No one tribe has suffered the brunt of corruption. We have ALL suffered it.
Still we do not learn. We only become gladiators in social media spaces, fighting each other, wasting away energy on the wrong opponents.
Once again I'm surprised we haven't looked inwards, the so called leaders are a little percentage of the followers. Surely, THEY cannot be the problem. WE ARE. The docile, long suffering, priority misplaced, easily swayed, painlessly influenced, tribally separated and cowardice followers.

YOU AND ME are to blame. Cos we do not think and know that the people in places of authority (note, not just power) are OBLIGATED to account to us.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by FTBOY: 9:12am On Mar 10, 2016
Okijajuju1:
Wetin OP dey talk?

Me wey NEPA wan use light murder me? angry

My A.C nearly block me inside room last night .. grin
stop lying, oga. and why do you think it's funny? smh!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 10, 2016
kenny987:

Abuja. The power comes and goes. Definitely less hours of power than I'm used to but not total blackout
It's been total black out in Lagos! sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Daodudavid(m): 9:14am On Mar 10, 2016
What does the writer mean by the government not admitting there failure?, it hurt me to see an enlightened scholar with a good text composure without a commonsensical foresight, the government have blocked all the source of illegal income of the NNPC and now they (NNPC) are frustrating the effort of the Government in other to turn the back of the citizens against the Government I so wish your blind eyes (#irony) could be open and see why really the power holding company are with holding the light for so long if not for political and dubious reasons.. Thank you Daodu david..

7 Likes

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by repogirl(f): 9:15am On Mar 10, 2016
OP it is horrible.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by ryusufu(m): 9:16am On Mar 10, 2016
There is light here in kano, i think it's a technical problem in ur states

1 Like

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by maestroz: 9:16am On Mar 10, 2016
anybody know how to get visa enter cotonou? chai, APC...pain trutru....
its time senate sacks ineffective ministers like the minister of petroleum rather than discuss 'marriage of more wives'
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 10, 2016
See them zombies oooh lol

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by maestroz: 9:17am On Mar 10, 2016
ibile1:
[size=18pt]Simply because,
its the change we all voted for[/size]
grin
Very soon...our presido will blame aba market boys for power outage. grin

are you sure you heard 'CHANGE' or rather 'PAIN' as the mantra....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by EmmyDe25(m): 9:18am On Mar 10, 2016
Acidosis:
I'm just wondering, today marks the 4th day I've been trying to cope without electricity. Is this problem peculiar to me alone? Or are we suffering and smiling on the Social Media because we have N20 to charge phone on the streets?

Nobody cares about the impact on Businesses. Majority of the frozen food sellers in my street are lamenting as some of them have recorded monumental losses within the past 4 days.

I've personally lost about N50,000 (in directly) due to the failure of this government to admit and confront their failures.

So many business men are running at loss. Nigerians should not keep quiet. Market women, unlike, banks and large organizations do not have the money to purchase large inverters, diesel engines, etc. The few who could afford generators do not have access to petrol as most of the filling stations have shut their doors (in Lagos and Ogun). Mind you, 90% of those selling refuse to sell in Jerry cans. The implication is that a woman who has N100k worth of frozen food would rather bury her goods or fry it all for herself and family.

The big, influential and shameless men who ought to come out and speak are either scared of a fulani man or extremely 'stu.pid' to understand the plight of small business owners who survive on electricity.

I'm not a frozen food seller, but for Christ sake, these folks are Nigerian citizens who have chosen to survive in the absence of direct jobs from the government. Hence, they deserve the right to enjoy the basic amenities like electricity and fuel.

May the curse of the Lord remains in the house of the wicked.
Bro, the current electricity situation is damning! in fact, i can't deal! last time i saw anything that looks like light in my area was Sunday. Drove out with my friend on sunday evening searching for fuel, all filling stations were shut. Sent out the gateman on Monday to go look for fuel, fortunately he was able to get, albeit at an extra cost. I finished the fuel last night and there are chances i will have to sleep in the dark from this night till only God knows when because of the scarcity. Nigerians are in biting and excruciating pains. How exactly can only one nation be suffering Fuel scarcity, total electricity black-out, economic downturn, hellish traffic, naira nose-dive all at the same time? Isn't these too much? I do understand this is an act of sabotage by some unscrupulous elements who do not mean well for the nation and the government of the day, but the current crackdown will be a big attrition on the overall image of the current government.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by ndcide(m): 9:18am On Mar 10, 2016
TheArchangel:
What sort of daft and stupid bullcrap is this? Eedc and the other series of DC's were they not sold too? Even your Abuja DC's was privatised and yet you have light courtesy of " the hero"? Or are you so bereft of constructive ideas that you have to call in Jonathan every now and then to buttress your inconsiderate points.
Peeps are losing in their businesses and it is not the right time to play politics. So call your government to order.

Thank you jare. Some people can be so annoying.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by calabaman(m): 9:18am On Mar 10, 2016
I agree with you OP.

Nice piece....

I am forced to take my dinner in eateries after coming home from work thanks to nepa and their antics. We had light ytday for 20mins for the first time in two weeks.

When would this nonsense stop? When would our leaders fulfill their campaign promises. The masses keep bearing the brunt of incompetent leadership and we keep quiet like sheep to the slaughterhouse.

Its time that we stand as one, and say #ENUF IS ENUF

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by eHydrated(m): 9:18am On Mar 10, 2016
Na who u dey complain give? Even NEPA office 4 my area no get light, na 'I pass my neighbour" generator dem dey use as we dey talk so. winkNa who u dey complain give? Even NEPA office 4 my area no get light, na 'I pass my neighbour" generator dem dey use as we dey talk so.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:18am On Mar 10, 2016
FTBOY:
stop lying, oga. and why do you think it's funny? smh!

Na wah o!

Lie to you say you be who?

undecided

Lekwa nu problem? How many people here have said that theyhad light yesterday and before?

Nwokem, if light no dey your area, pack out to a better area. angry

1 Like

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:18am On Mar 10, 2016
Nigerians don't like Nigeria we keep messing up the country our forefathers fought for, so many people died in the hand of our colonial masters may years after independence it still feels as if we are still not gotten our independence but these time we are not colonised by the white but we are colonised by the elite of our society. We need independence

1 Like

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 10, 2016
ajani1978:
Look at ourselves someone lost 50,000 just only 4 days, my question is that if you have Light for 4days you gain 50k will you be able to pay 5% of your profit for light provider? Let check ourself before blame government all of us have a roll to play to make Nigeria great. God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Zombie!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:20am On Mar 10, 2016
chi4ik4:
I blame GEJ for this

You get sense at all bros abeg use your brain let it work pls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by crownwealth: 9:20am On Mar 10, 2016
Acidosis:
I'm just wondering, today marks the 4th day I've been trying to cope without electricity. Is this problem peculiar to me alone? Or are we suffering and smiling on the Social Media because we have N20 to charge phone on the streets?

Nobody cares about the impact on Businesses. Majority of the frozen food sellers in my street are lamenting as some of them have recorded monumental losses within the past 4 days.

I've personally lost about N50,000 (in directly) due to the failure of this government to admit and confront their failures.

So many business men are running at loss. Nigerians should not keep quiet. Market women, unlike, banks and large organizations do not have the money to purchase large inverters, diesel engines, etc. The few who could afford generators do not have access to petrol as most of the filling stations have shut their doors (in Lagos and Ogun). Mind you, 90% of those selling refuse to sell in Jerry cans. The implication is that a woman who has N100k worth of frozen food would rather bury her goods or fry it all for herself and family.

The big, influential and shameless men who ought to come out and speak are either scared of a fulani man or extremely 'stu.pid' to understand the plight of small business owners who survive on electricity.

I'm not a frozen food seller, but for Christ sake, these folks are Nigerian citizens who have chosen to survive in the absence of direct jobs from the government. Hence, they deserve the right to enjoy the basic amenities like electricity and fuel.

May the curse of the Lord remains in the house of the wicked.

Amen!

Shame on APC, shame on their evil CHANGE, Shame on APC Nairaland rodents. Shame on all of you supporting this clueless government of FRAUD!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Kangol99(m): 9:21am On Mar 10, 2016
cheesy
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by ibile1: 9:21am On Mar 10, 2016
maestroz:

[size=18pt]Clearly I heard CHANGE,then but now its shame on them.

APC........SHAME[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by ibile1: 9:21am On Mar 10, 2016
maestroz:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Jets Out To China / Abducted Greenfield Student Reunites With Family After Being Released By Bandits / "How IPOB Members Stopped Soldiers From Entering My House" – Nnamdi Kanu Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.