Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? (35544 Views)

Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Blackout In Court (Pictures) / Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by innocent1(m): 11:43am On Mar 10, 2016
Please Let's compare Buhari's Military regime and this present regime. Check if there is any clear difference. I think he is just a bad luck to Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by KINGOZEK(m): 11:44am On Mar 10, 2016
Still waiting for the change... Never seen light in my area since this month, still counting....
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by ozoemenaca: 11:45am On Mar 10, 2016
APC because of their wrong choice of a leader are now pretending and doing the suffering and smiling stuff
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by kayfam(m): 11:47am On Mar 10, 2016
ajani1978:
Look at ourselves someone lost 50,000 just only 4 days, my question is that if you have Light for 4days you gain 50k will you be able to pay 5% of your profit for light provider? Let check ourself before blame government all of us have a roll to play to make Nigeria great. God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I'm sure you are not a business owner, if you are? You won't jump to conclusion!!!, 50k is small of course with the light problem.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Guyman02: 11:49am On Mar 10, 2016
seunmsg:

Your hero, Goodluck Jonathan sold Phcn distribution assets in Lagos mainland to IKEDC, a private company. If the company's staffs are on strike, blame the management and not the president. Beside, your alarming headline is false. There is no national blackout in Nigeria. Here in Abuja, I still enjoyed light till this morning.

What part of Abuja are you lying about? The whole city center has been in darkness for 2 days now.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by lawydewy(m): 11:51am On Mar 10, 2016
Light dey Skt n Kd O.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Bloggz74(m): 11:52am On Mar 10, 2016
But wait Oooo
There was a man so vocal I admire him so much.pple like that fought against oppresion and bad governance from time.
I'm talking of our only Wole Soyinka. Is he still around? I wish I can hear him speak this season.
#JustThinking.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by cupidhero(m): 11:58am On Mar 10, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
It's a serious matter here in Aba, our current bill was calculated using the new tariff. Light I no see...
I am very sure the person controlling our power supply is bewitched, he would give us one useless low current that can't even carry bulb, as if that's not bad enough,it would be there for hours.

ThankGod for generators and inverters.
Na Eziama me dey stay,near Enitona...i have never seen anything like low current in any corner of my neighbourhood. If you or your fam ever need a good place to move in or build anything Eziama should be number one on your list.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by buoye1(m): 12:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
ogechieku:
It doesnt have to be 100 off before it is called total black out or nationwide, anything above half can be described total black out expecially when it keeps on for days.
That's your own description, i totally disagree with it
..thank you.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by EmmyDe25(m): 12:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Quit expensive, although depends on the capacity you wish to opt to. 200ah batteries cost about 55k (was less before the naira fall, cuz I bought my first ba3 for 40something thousand naira). My inverter (24v/1.6kva) was sold to me at 47k however, (24v/2kva) cost 60k or thereabout. If you are going for a 24v system just like me, then you need two batteries, minimum, but you can have up to 4 or 6 or 8 or 10.

But bear in mind that the more the number of batteries, the more solar panels you need and the more your power lasts. If you wanna use only the inverter plus battery, then you should ensure you have NEPA and generator to charge them. But if you don't, then you need to buy solar panels, charge controller and a flexible wire. Charge controller (PMW controllers), based on the current capacity costs from 25-50k. While my panel, 24v/300watts cost 50k each (I bought 2).
A flexible wire, depending on the distance and wire thickness can be around 400-700 pa yard.. It depends on you sha. If you wanna buy, just tell me, I can help you do all the design analysis free of charge and then tell you how many batteries, panels, etc you need. Not forgetting, you will also have to buy a solar panel stand or have a welder fabricate one for you. Wouldn't cost more than 15-20k. Then installation cost could be 15-20k depending on your location and the complexity of it all. The services of a carpenter may also be required..

I bought mine from Alaba tho.
Baba, you don dey scare me already. My friend that did his, spent about 270k in total with four batteries and that was a year ago.E go don cost gaan o.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by seunmsg(m): 12:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
repogirl:
you are a LIAR! Abuja is presently in blackout since yesterday afternoon.... Except you are using Aso rock line.

That's the problem with some of you wailers, you generalise just to make your case look good. If your area in Abuja is in blackout, my area is not. And please stop lying, Abuja is not in blackout. I live around Jikwoyi and I enjoyed power supply till the early hours of today.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by frainc(m): 12:10pm On Mar 10, 2016
heartbraker:
@op abeg which nigeria is having total black out? here in my area light dey ooo even as i dey type now
suffering and smiling
Stop deceiving yourself

It's more then two weeks In my area now, no light
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by elrony(m): 12:10pm On Mar 10, 2016
lonelydora:

In my area in Port Harcourt. Not all areas though.

Lucky you.... here na gnashing of teeth, even my inverter is dead.

1 Like

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by idupaul: 12:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
SleekAboki:
The gameplan is to force the masses into submission for the new tariffs to take effect. They are messing up with your minds.
Aresa Gbawe ngeneukwenu omenka demdem egift do you guys have light?

But the new tariff is what we have been paying for a month now and funny they didn't remove 750 charge
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by honeychild(f): 12:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
It's a serious matter here in Aba, our current bill was calculated using the new tariff. Light I no see...
I am very sure the person controlling our power supply is bewitched, he would give us one useless low current that can't even carry bulb, as if that's not bad enough,it would be there for hours.

ThankGod for generators and inverters.

Low current means there's a fault with your transformer or it's overloaded
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
Not just Ikeja distriibution company o. Places like festac where I stay that's under eko distribution(ekedc). Omo the power has been totally abysmal these few weeks. Not forgetting the tariff. Formely on the Phcn bill is a tariff of 15.63 naira/kilowatt. Now I just saw 22naira kilowatt on the new bill. About 50% Increase!
**************************************** E.g Mr Chuks consumes 300kw of power in jan
Phcn charges him 15.63/kwh
His Bill = 300 * 15.63 = 4689 (Vat not inclusive)
Due to Increase in Tariff, Mr Chuks decides to reduce his consumption to 250kw in February
Phcn charges him a new tarriff of 22kw/h
His Bill = 250 * 22 = 5500(Vat not inclusive)
CONCLUSION: Despite the fact Mr chuks reduced his monthly consumption to reduce expenses & Improve his standard of living, the FG has already condemned him to Hardship with the Massive Tarrif! #God help Naija.
If you make use of postpaid where PHCN estimates the consumption for you, NDO(sorry)! Lol coz ur consumption go dey high like our exchange rate each month

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by realjoker(m): 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2016
PinkBarbie:
Like your username says, you're a joker! Please, swerve. I don't take foolish people serious.
lol. Get a life to live, TAN will soon run out of funds to settle pay per post cyber duncez like you.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
cupidhero:

Na Eziama me dey stay,near Enitona...i have never seen anything like low current in any corner of my neighbourhood. If you or your fam ever need a good place to move in or build anything Eziama should be number one on your list.

Make I pack come your house?
For night we go enter Enitona chop isiewu...how you see am?
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by ephi123(f): 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2016
When the world is moving on to achieve greater things, Nigeria is still on the issue of erratic power supply. What exactly is wrong with the black man?! Very few black nations are prosperous or doing well. Such a shame.
Meanwhile oga Buhari is gallivanting all over the world, talk about misplaced priorities. Shameful leaders we've got.

1 Like

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SleekAboki: 12:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
idupaul:

But the new tariff is what we have been paying for a month now and funny they didn't remove 750 charge
You mean the tariff fashola begged on national television as the bitter pill we have to swallow?

2 Likes

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by ephi123(f): 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
By the way, where is PassingShot / DropShot? I would expect you to be vocal on this post as you are on any anti-APC / anti-Buhari post.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SleekAboki: 12:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
luvinhubby:

You will not see the brake lights of the mentioned as they run from this thread. cheesy
Please anywhere you see their brake lights,overtake them and ask them if they are immune to current realities.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by mavinc4u(f): 1:02pm On Mar 10, 2016
heartbraker:
@op abeg which nigeria is having total black out? here in my area light dey ooo even as i dey type now

lagos
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by nijabazaar: 1:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
alienvirus:
Sorry op. We are not going to protest. We love Buhari no matter the circumstance.
yes o Buhari is certainly going to work things out......Give or take in the next eight years.

Give the Devil his due...
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SycophanticGoat: 1:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
PinkBarbie:
Thanks. smiley

Can you do me an unalloyed honour by relinquishing just a portion of your friendship to me? wink
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SycophanticGoat: 1:07pm On Mar 10, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Make I pack come your house?
For night we go enter Enitona chop isiewu...how you see am?

9 months is real.. angry grin cheesy
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Sunnypar(m): 1:07pm On Mar 10, 2016
Respect sire!
dechiome:
You can't plant rice and expect to harvest beans. We keep recycling same old leaders/ministers who come with same ideas/solutions and we expect a different result. Since Obj regime, billions of usd have been spent to revamp and improve power situation in Nigeria with little or no positive result. Fresh ideas required to solve the problems confronting this country can only come from new generation of leaders. I am a retiree , my generation has ruined Nigeria.. i only pity my children & grands.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SycophanticGoat: 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
EmmyDe25:

Baba, you don dey scare me already. My friend that did his, spent about 270k in total with four batteries and that was a year ago.E go don cost gaan o.

Of course the prices has increased. Nonetheless, it is also very possible your friend is using 4 of 100ah batteries which is equivalent in capacity to my 2 of 200ah batteries. If his is as i said, then the only difference is that his can be connected in parallel to make a 48v system.

If you're not a space conscious person then you can go for 100ah and make your system a 48v system.

You can as well, get all the info from your friend about the capacity of his products and brand name. After that, don't hesitate to mention me so that I can learn one or two.. Thank you.. smiley
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 10, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Can you do me an unalloyed honour by relinquishing just a portion of your friendship to me? wink
Lol I don't know how to speak big big grammar like you o. Your moniker though. grin grin
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SycophanticGoat: 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
PinkBarbie:
Lol I don't know how to speak big big grammar like you o. Your moniker though. grin grin

LoL.. If we eventually become friends, I'll give you info regarding my choice of moniker.. cheesy cheesy grin grin

You're one of a kind and your beauty can take aware pains from a man's life.. wink smiley
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by kuntash: 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2016
seunmsg:

Your hero, Goodluck Jonathan sold Phcn distribution assets in Lagos mainland to IKEDC, a private company. If the company's staffs are on strike, blame the management and not the president. Beside, your alarming headline is false. There is no national blackout in Nigeria. Here in Abuja, I still enjoyed light till this morning.

So, you just read the OP post and all you could respond is this ?
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

LoL.. If we eventually become friends, I'll give you info regarding my choice of moniker.. cheesy cheesy grin grin

You're one of a kind and your beauty can take aware pains from a man's life.. wink smiley
Okay, we friends already. Now, tell me why you chose that moniker. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dolapo Osinbajo Visits The Wailing Wall Jerusalem And Garden Of Gethsamane / Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari / Wike Pledges ‘Logistics Support’ For Peter Obi’s Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.