Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) (81961 Views)

Politician Beats Up Phone Repairer For Trying To Stop Him From Beating His Wife / Man Beats His Neigbor To Death In Ogun For Stopping Him From Beating His Wife / Man Cuts Man With Cutlass For Preventing Him From Beating His Brother's Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 13, 2016
Death penalty is disappriopriate for dis offence.
Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by Afroconnect: 11:31am On Mar 13, 2016
Na poverty make Nigerians dey kill people anyhow...why una no hand am to police,abi he steal from una?

I blame criminal governor's and politicians for this.
Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by daomi(m): 11:32am On Mar 13, 2016
Topmostt:
We need to start asking questions and don't just believe whatever we read or hear. How come that at his FB page, there is no other pictures excpet the ones that had connection to Dotun. Who removed the other Pictures? Is there a chance that this is all a frame up. We need to know more joor.
Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by komododragons: 11:32am On Mar 13, 2016
lastmessenger:
And this happened in a Yoruba land. The so called most educated sophisticated people. This cannot happen in the most primitive village in SE.
Quote me and see thunder fire you.your friends are in church and you are here to quote and comment rubbish. Ode

RIP
sorry to say! Yoruba people are the most educated people in this country but yet the most dumbest people you will ever come across!

1 Like

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by COOL10(m): 11:33am On Mar 13, 2016
obiremy:
According to multiple mssages on his FB wall, Akinnifesi Olumide Olubunmi, was accused of being gay and was attacked on the 17th of February, 2016. He died the following day. Many people have taken to his Facebook wall to write some less-than-friendly things about him.

One Ogbeni Ade Omo Ade, wrote: “End of a gay! This will serve as a lesson to all the people that loves engaging in bisexual,homosexual,lesbianism and gay

Akinnifesi was a guy that everybody in the community thought was a responsible person not until his secret was revealed when he was caught hands down with honourable Dotun who was a serving supervisory councillor in Ondo west local government in Ondo state he was beating mercilessly by Ondo youths that saw everything bad in a man dating a man he was rushed to the hospital but he later died of internal bleeding due to the mob beating the honourable has commited a lot of atrocities by engaging in bisexual activities he is still on the run although his properties has being destroyed his house and family’s house has being burned down this should serve as a great lesson to all youths!”

Adewale Victor, wrote: “Akinnifesi Olumide Olubunmi When I heard this news of your attacked in Ondo on Facebook I was so disturbed. I said it to myself, that can this be possible that you involved in gay practices? or it was a set up until I investigate the whole story. You disappointed many people including your family and friends. Though I don’t support attack or jungle justice on gay instead they should be handover to the police for proper prosicution in law court of the law. What police should do is to get the run away politician involved arrested so gay will not be spread in the community and it will serve as a lesson to others.”

Another man, Mark John, wrote: “This is the last respect paid to the accused gay boy that was attacked on 17th January 2016 later died on 18th February 2016. Rest in peace if you like Akinnifesi olumide olubunmi”

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/alleged-gay-man-dies-after-being-beaten.html
shebi una don kill psn lyk say una fit create life nd lyk say una holy pass. God is wtchn nd wl surely judge u guys wt such hatred and unremorsefulness u used in kiln him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by deadie(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2016
Nigeria is about 100 years behind the civilised world.

2 Likes

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by M5direct: 11:35am On Mar 13, 2016
I am not in support of mob law, the sane thing is to hand any suspect to law enforcement agent
Meanwhile for those that said it was the guy choice to be gay n it's no one business! i disagree because homosexual act has been criminalized in Nigeria. Would you say it's your choice to be an armed robber when you know it's a criminal offence?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by IkennaBasilJR(m): 11:35am On Mar 13, 2016
even if he is gay? What harm has he caused?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by Dunexxx(m): 11:37am On Mar 13, 2016
terrible
Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by chigoizie7(m): 11:38am On Mar 13, 2016
Well, being a gay in naija is against the laws of the land. I wonder why people will choose to be above the law of defile the law.

Nevertheless, mob actions on him was never the best, he should ve been taken to the police for proper persecution.

However, let this serve as a deterrent to would be gays and dose also willing to be converted maybe because of favour or materialism
Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by RuJay: 11:41am On Mar 13, 2016
D old politician was able to escape but d old gay wasn't ok, make una dey deceive una sef cos una no give deceive me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by tayooluwole: 11:41am On Mar 13, 2016
Those youth that beat him are all insane... He was beaten for being human, this is senseless of any educated youth....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by ogawisdom(m): 11:42am On Mar 13, 2016
Stop being gay n they won't listen angry see pretty babes everywhere in Naija n SB will want to b gay tufiakwa

Death penalty for him was over d board
Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by chukxie(m): 11:44am On Mar 13, 2016
Who gave those murderers the right to take someone's life for being gay? Who? Are they holier than the man they collectively murdered? No! They're worse than him because they spilled an innocent man's blood. And for that, God's going to judge them. It's sad.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 13, 2016
Wow this is barbaric! shocked

Those involved should be prosecuted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by stevecantrell: 11:45am On Mar 13, 2016
dearpreye:
When I said I fear blacks I wasn't joking. I fear Nigerians. My attention was drawn to this issue by by a Facebook colleague of mine this morning, and I've joined my colleagues to report all those who supported this barbarity on the victim's page to Facebook management.

Nigerians are largely barbarians. You've got to be very wary when dealing with most of them.

The hypocrisy and primitivity is depressing. This is a nation where our leaders get married to minors, steal billions of dollars and walk free....yet its youths will mob a fellow citizen allegedly caught in homosexuality. How crude. How barbaric and backward.

You're a Christian. You belong to a church and have been repeatedly warned against killing your fellow humans. But you didn't hear. Homosexuality and murder. Which is worse? God will punish you in greater and more demeaning manner.

Dear Olumide, your fate was sealed since the day you had the misfortune of being born a Nigerian and deciding to live in it.

Every sane Nigerian must condemn this brazen act of savagery. This is insane.

No sane person should bring up their kids in this unfortunate country. This is a grossly underdeveloped, God- forsaken hell hole.

You spoke my mind, 100,000%
Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by IndianBwoy(m): 11:48am On Mar 13, 2016
TunjiMsp:
NO, they are not, Gay are worst, do you know that in western gay people rape more straight daily and are less reported, do you know what trauma their victim will have to endure, let him go and rot in hell

You deserve to be raped.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by IndianBwoy(m): 11:50am On Mar 13, 2016
This is why I am scared to visit Nigeria.

Today they killed a person because he is gay.

Tomorrow they might kill me because I am Indian or I follow a different religion from yours.

Scary*

4 Likes

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by subbieD(f): 11:50am On Mar 13, 2016
What Nonsense!!! What right do they have to take his life? Its his life now not theirs ....#iranu....mmmttttchewwwww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 13, 2016
So you killed a man because he is gay yet that honourable that is responsible for your generations' doomed future will continue to live

Humanity is a joke

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by tevinsolt: 11:52am On Mar 13, 2016
M5direct:
I am not in support of mob law, the sane thing is to hand any suspect to law enforcement agent
Meanwhile for those that said it was the guy choice to be gay n it's no one business! i disagree because homosexual act has been criminalized in Nigeria. Would you say it's your choice to be an armed robber when you know it's a criminal offence?

criminalizing homosexuality is so funny and idiotic also ignorant, it's like criminalizing disabilities in people, something they can't help. But then again this is Africa where everything is relayed back to archaic traditions.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by Jacko1(m): 11:52am On Mar 13, 2016
Denrele dont go to dat place in ondo state oh..... But this is gud very gud i like it
Gay is an individual lifestyle.... He never stole from you ... Or attacked u.... But you choose to kill him for his lifestly.... A lifestyl dat is not wat is the word pernicious to u lik our politicians.... Like rapists..... Paedophiles.... No it is very gud infact beautiful keep it up.... Hop all of u dat beat him meet him for restitutuion oh b4 judgement day
Oh wait he is dead already.... Yall lot goin to hell business class tickets

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by tevinsolt: 11:52am On Mar 13, 2016
you know what's worse than being gay? actively choosing to unjustly take a life.
is it ok to kill for culture?
is it ok to kill for religion?
or for personal prejudice?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by yinkslinks(m): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2016
His choice in usa or in nigeria? Gay don't let them come for u
Erfolg:
Jeez but that's not enough reason to take his life now. That's his choice, atleast he didn't rape or force any guy. The best thing God did for me last year is leaving that country where important issue are not priority. When would the youth mob a politician for stealing or under performing. Na gay be their problem. He probably would have changed if he had the chance.we need to appreciate life more, people dying in very mysterious and unnecessary ways and it's painful. No body holy pass. lets not always take laws into our hands, you never can tell, some people might mob you tomorrow for the crime you did not commit. Take a criminal to the police and stop jungle justice.
Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 13, 2016
Now his blood will be added to those crying for justice. The sufferings of Nigerians has just increased. Please lets stop all these senseless killings. I am sure those that killed him were probably influenced by all the hate talk against gays on social media like Nairaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by Localamos(m): 11:56am On Mar 13, 2016
They just used the accusation of homosexuality to get back at the council man who has not done their bidding.

Violent end awaits those who deny their fellow men life and justice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by Djmamman(m): 11:56am On Mar 13, 2016
obiremy:
According to multiple mssages on his FB wall, Akinnifesi Olumide Olubunmi, was accused of being gay and was attacked on the 17th of February, 2016. He died the following day. Many people have taken to his Facebook wall to write some less-than-friendly things about him.

One Ogbeni Ade Omo Ade, wrote: “End of a gay! This will serve as a lesson to all the people that loves engaging in bisexual,homosexual,lesbianism and gay

Akinnifesi was a guy that everybody in the community thought was a responsible person not until his secret was revealed when he was caught hands down with honourable Dotun who was a serving supervisory councillor in Ondo west local government in Ondo state he was beating mercilessly by Ondo youths that saw everything bad in a man dating a man he was rushed to the hospital but he later died of internal bleeding due to the mob beating the honourable has commited a lot of atrocities by engaging in bisexual activities he is still on the run although his properties has being destroyed his house and family’s house has being burned down this should serve as a great lesson to all youths!”

Adewale Victor, wrote: “Akinnifesi Olumide Olubunmi When I heard this news of your attacked in Ondo on Facebook I was so disturbed. I said it to myself, that can this be possible that you involved in gay practices? or it was a set up until I investigate the whole story. You disappointed many people including your family and friends. Though I don’t support attack or jungle justice on gay instead they should be handover to the police for proper prosicution in law court of the law. What police should do is to get the run away politician involved arrested so gay will not be spread in the community and it will serve as a lesson to others.”

Another man, Mark John, wrote: “This is the last respect paid to the accused gay boy that was attacked on 17th January 2016 later died on 18th February 2016. Rest in peace if you like Akinnifesi olumide olubunmi”

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/alleged-gay-man-dies-after-being-beaten.html
Neither of the religious faith support such characters, therefore any body practicing it is fighting with Allah, they deserve it let the community find the councilor for capital punishment.
Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:57am On Mar 13, 2016
Nigerians ehhh, HYPOCRITES! We'v seen the blood flow from a dead person & we switch tune. When Chimamanda Adichie wrote about this, they all called her names & a lesbian. Now that someone has been mobbed, they turn around scream Jungle Justice is bad...HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by Manofvalor1: 11:58am On Mar 13, 2016
Cursed be on those who partook in the gruesome murder of this promising young man. Who did the young man hurt by being gay? They say gayism is a sin and they are now murderers and haters. A murderer,a hater,a fornicator is no different from the worst homosexual in the sight of God. Taking the life of an innocent person under any guise or excuse is a crime against God and humanity. Many nigerians are a bunch of bigoted, frustuated hypocrites who are quick to vent their anger and frustuation on innocent petty theives and socalled accused persons but they have done worse that warrants death. Jesus said to the accusers of the adultrous woman,he who has no sin should cast the first stone. Jesus hates all forms of sin but loves the sinner,and so must every true christian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by yinkslinks(m): 11:58am On Mar 13, 2016
Gay
COOL10:
shebi una don kill psn lyk say una fit create life nd lyk say una holy pass. God is wtchn nd wl surely judge u guys wt such hatred and unremorsefulness u used in kiln him

1 Like

Re: Gay Man Caught In Ondo Dies From Beating (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 13, 2016
donem:
Since acts of sodomy remains outlawed in Nigeria, for justice to take its course, I suggest the dead body to be jailed for 14 years.

After that, then it should be lawfully handed over to relatives for adequate funeral.

Don't worry, it will soon be your turn. Next week you will mistakenly hit an okada man who will die. The okada drivers will gather and beat you. After beating you they will pour petrol on your body and burn you alive. The ashes will then be handed to your relatives to bury.

Or it might be a different scenario that will play out in your life next week. Maybe you will be falsely accused as a thief, etc etc, but the end result will always remain the same, in which there will be a mob action on your life, you will be beaten and burnt alive, and the ashes handed over to your relatives for adequate funeral.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Most Wanted People Hiding From Nigeria’s Security Agencies (Photos) / Man, 25, Uploads Lady’s Nude Pictures On Social Media After Sex In Hotel / Yahoo Boys Eat Live Chicken As 'Native Doctor' Performs Ritual On Them (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.