Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

2Ebisco's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2Ebisco's Profile / 2Ebisco's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 20 pages)

Politics / Buhari Asks Tinubu To Take Charge Of Campaign Council by 2Ebisco: 8:55pm On Jan 07, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday inaugurated the All Progressives Congress (APC) Campaign Council and asked Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the co-chairman of the council to fully take charge of the campaign.

Speaking at the inauguration of the Council at the International Conference Centre, Abuja, the president, who is the Chairman of the Council, said the leadership that formulated the campaign policy would supervise its execution.

According to him, the Director-General of the council will have overall responsibility for all aspects of the campaign, including field operations while the Secretary will be responsible for all administrative and treasury-related activities of the council.

“Even though we have only 40 days, this campaign is going to tax us all, because we intend to touch all corners of our great and vast country.

“But I must also add that, though we will all be deeply involved, I would like to assure the nation that I will do my part without making governance or my work suffer.

“Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, my co-chairman, will be fully in charge, and is going to be on 24-hour vigil.’’

The president implored the leadership of the party to resist being provoked, remain focused and civil in their campaigns.

“Let us engage our citizens on issues and ask for reflection on the comparative difference between 2015 and 2019 on security, economy and corruption and abuse by those entrusted with leadership in Nigeria.

“As we embark on the campaign to secure mandate for the next level, I want to acknowledge the sacrifices and contributions of all stakeholders who have endeavoured to keep our party united, and our governance successful,’’ he added.

While appealing to all members to be guided by the enduring vision behind the formation and sustenance of the party, the president urged them to always “keep their eyes on the ball, which is the success of our party at the polls’’.

“I wish to appeal to all members to be guided by the enduring vision behind the formation and sustenance of our party, which is anchored, on sacrifice and imperative to salvage and stabilise our great and promising nation.

“I appeal to all our members, and especially those who are in the campaign council, to unite and cooperate and ensure a smooth operation.

“Needless to add, Directorates could co-opt on full or part-time basic persons who could add value to our campaign and help us to attain success,’’ he said.

Earlier in his remarks, the Director-General of the Council, Mr Rotimi Ameachi narrated the tremendous achievements of the Buhari administration in the past three and half years.

Ameachi, who is the Minister of Transportation, assured that members of the council would do all they could legally to ensure electoral victory for the APC in the forthcoming general elections. (NAN)

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/07/buhari-asks-tinubu-take-charge-campaign-council/

Politics / IGP: CUPP Directs Members To Embark On Nationwide Protest On January 15 by 2Ebisco: 6:20am On Jan 07, 2019
The Coalition of United Political Parties (CUPP) has directed all its members in 36 states to begin preparation for nationwide protests from 15th January, if the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris is seen dressed in Police Uniform around the Force Headquarters.

The coalition, which described Idris as retired IGP, going by his attainment of 35 years in the office, urged President Muhammadu Buhari to appoint a serving police officer into the vacant office of the IGP as required by the 1999 Constitution, since Idris is no longer a police officer going by his clocking of the statutory 35 years in active service.

The CUPP, in a statement by its spokesman, Ikenga Imo Ugochinyere, noted that Idris has reached the mandatory retirement age of 35 years of active service on January 3rd, 2019 and will be 60 years of age on January 15.

The coalition said: “The continuous illegal parading of himself as the Inspector General of Police is an act of impersonation and a threat to our national security which should be stopped summarily.

“The opposition coalition wish to remind President Buhari to the sacred provision of Section 215(1)a of the 1999 Constitution which clearly holds that the President can only appoint A SERVING POLICE OFFICER AS INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE .

“This means that with the reaching of the mandatory retirement age of 35 years of active service on Jan 3rd 2019 and the mandatory retirement age of 60 years of age while in service by the IGP (which comes up on 15th Jan 2019) the IGP is constitutionally barred from been retained or reappointed as Police IGP as he is no longer a serving Police Officer and his continued stay in office is illegal and an act of impersonation as there is no legal or documentary contrary evidence to back up his stay as IGP.

“We call on President Buhari to be courageous to announce the replacement and not bow to the pressure to cement illegality in the core of the nation’s security architecture due to his desperation to rig himself back to power knowing he has been rejected by the Nigerian people.

“The uncertainty in the leadership of the Police in such auspicious moment emboldens persons with sinister motives and demoralizes senior officers of the force due to this abrupt and unlawful halt to their career progression.

“The law is clear on who can be appointed as Inspector General of Police and who cannot be appointed as Inspector General of Police and Mr. Ibrahim Idris is now in the latter group.

“It is flowing from this and to save our dear country from further drift from a government that lacks capacity to provide leadership to our country that the Secretariat of CUPP hereby directs all coalition members in the 36 states to begin preparation for nationwide protests from 15th January if the retired IGP is seen dressed in Police Uniform around the Force Headquarters.

“The protests will be in front of the Police Command headquarters of every state and shall be continuous till the right thing is done.

“During the protests, there shall be a declaration that since Mr. Ibrahim Idris is no longer a police officer can not be addressed as IGP and a call to him to stay clear of the Force Headquarters.

“By the 15th January, Mr. Ibrahim Idris would have attained both 35 years (Jan 3rd 2019) in service and 60 years of age (Jan 15 2019) and he would have been roundly unqualified to occupy the office of the Inspector General of Police.

“We call on President Buhari that he should realize now that he would be held personally responsible if there is a breakdown of law and order, loss of lives and property if he continues down this path of noxious plots to rig himself into power. A word is enough for the wise!”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/07/igp-cupp-directs-members-embark-nationwide-protest-january-15/

Crime / Sexual Harassment: Group Vows To Get Justice For Female Poly Student by 2Ebisco: 7:21am On Jan 06, 2019
The African Students Education Support Initiative (ASESI) has assured Miss Oko Osinachi of justice over her alleged sexual harassment by the Head of Marketing Department, Federal Polytechnic, Uwanna, Afikpo, Ebonyi State.

ASESI’s Executive Director, Mr Chinonso Obasi, in a statement on Saturday in Abuja, recalled that the group started canvassing for justice for the female student in December, 2018.

Obasi said that ASESI began its independent investigation on Dec. 3, 2018 with a visit to miss Osinachi in her workplace, Timber-shade market Afikpo.

The executive director said that the victim gave a full account of the pressure mounted by the lecturer; her decline and the resultant victimization by failing the lecturer’s course alongside other setbacks in her academics.

She said, however, that the lecturer did not rape her despite the sexual advances.

“I want to graduate with my mates and I wish to appeal to ASESI to mandate necessary authorities to prohibit lectures from inviting students against their will to places outside the assigned offices and classrooms.

“The businesses of lecturers must start in school environment and end within the school except on mutual agreement between the both parties,’’ Obasi quoted Osinachi as saying.

Obasi said that the lecturer in his own account told ASESI that the drama was uncalled for as the whole situation was politically motivated by those who were working had to make sure his hard earned name and integrity was tarnished.

He said that the lecturer appreciated Osinachi for standing by the truth that he never raped her nor forced her to bed as detractors exaggerated.

Obasi said that the rector of the institution Ven. Ibe Enwo, told the ASESI delegates that a lot of groups had been calling on the matter, adding that he was glad that ASESI had gone far in finding the facts by visiting physically.

“Our institution is a government owned and we acknowledge written memos for documentation purposes.

“My attention was called upon by the Deputy Rector Administration, Elder Ibiam who stood-in for me as Acting Rector when I travelled overseas to represent other Rectors in Sweden.

“I mandated him to act on it as I await briefing when I return. We have a committee already on the matter; the lecturer, Mr Chris Izuma, has been relinquished of his post as the head of the Department of Marketing.

“He was not also allowed to partake in the contest for the Deanship in the school of Business because of the allegations leveled against him.

“I wish to establish a fact in the case which is concerning the allegation that the lecturer failed his student intentionally in the course.

“We have sent her script to an external examiner and it was remarked with a confirmation that she failed the course and not that her lecture failed her.

“Osinachi failed the course because she failed.

“I am a Pastor in the church of God therefore, I condemn any form of sexual harassment and I must stand to protect my children who’re the students of the institution that I govern,’’ Obasi quoted the Rector as saying.

Obasi said that he thanked all the parties for their sincere cooperation in carrying out the tedious assignment.

He said that ASESI waded into the matter because student was involved, adding that the happiness of every African Student was ASESI’s utmost concern.

“A student who is not in a good mood cannot comprehend or assimilate anything being taught in the classroom.

“We are concerned that Osinachi’s psychological and emotional feelings have been tampered with and we look forward to seeing that she gets justice.

“We are impressed with the steps taken so far by the management of the institution as we continue to assure Osinachi that justice shall prevail for her.

“If you’re an African Student faced with any form of oppression or maltreatment feel free to report to ASESI through info@asesionline.org.

“We are here to be your voice,” Obasi said. (NAN)

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/06/sexual-harassment-group-vows-get-justice-female-poly-student/

Politics / How Amaechi Destroyed Buhari – Jonathan’s Ex-aide, Omokri Leaks Audio by 2Ebisco: 12:54pm On Jan 05, 2019
Reno Omokri, a former aide to ex-president Goodluck Jonathan has released short audio online of Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi allegedly speaking ill about President Muhammadu Buhari.

In the short audio released by Omokri on his twitter page, Amaechi was allegedly heard saying Buhari does not listen to complaints of Nigerians nor read comments concerning his administration.

“The President does not listen to anybody. Does he even read,” Amaechi allegedly said.

The former presidential spokesman wrote: “Nigerians hear the audio of Rotimi Amaechi’s conversation, they may weep. The man has no iota of respect for Buhari.

“In fact, he hero worshipped former President Obasanjo in the tape and said he is the only worthy Nigerian leader. They know the truth, but hide it!”

Omokri further threatened to release more audio of Amaechi criticizing Buhari if the minister does not own up to the statement.

“We have more of the secretly recorded audios of Chibuike Amaechi, DG of the Buhari campaign, saying terrible things about Buhari’s government. I hear Amaechi wants to lie that he was referring to Goodluck Jonathan.

“Let him do that and I will release part two, which clearly shows he referred to Buhari.”

AUDIO: https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1081287578295390219

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/05/amaechi-destroyed-buhari-jonathans-ex-aide-omokri-leaks-audio/

Politics / Delta: Ibori States Position On Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by 2Ebisco: 3:26am On Jan 05, 2019
A former Delta Governor, Chief James Ibori says Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa deserves a second term to sustain peace and developments in the state.

NAN reports that Ibori said this in his goodwill message on Friday when the State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) commenced its 2019 elections campaign for governorship and other candidates at Oghara Township Stadium, Oghara, Ethiope West Local Government Area.

He said that Okowa had performed creditably and had kept the peace and unity in line with the political mandate of the people of the state.

Ibori urged the Anioma people of the state to take up the challenge of ensuring the return of Okowa for a second term in office.

He said that Okowa had performed exceptionally, saying that he (Okowa) understood the political arrangements and had kept faith by honouring the political leaders of the state.

The former governor said that Okowa deserved a second term in office and urged all Deltans to support his governorship re-election bid.

“I have no doubt in my mind that the governor has done exceedingly well. He is confident, capable, knowledgeable, intelligent and have the capacity to rule the state for a second term.

“Okowa belongs to this political family and he has all it takes to lead.

“I am indeed very pleased with you because when I was away, in 2015 you (Okowa) started your campaign here and today you have returned to commence your campaign in Oghara.

“That tells me that you (Okowa) know the political history of this state and I (Chief James Ibori), as the head of the political family in Delta, I declare and decree that you have all it takes to lead our state.

“Gov. Okowa knows what to do at any time. He has respect for elders and I pray God to guide him and anybody that is planning evil will not succeed.

“On my own, I am solidly behind you. I am with you spiritually and politically and for you the Anioma people, this is your challenge; take up the challenge,’’ Ibori said.

He urged the people of the state to go all out and support Okowa and all the candidates of the PDP in the coming elections.

On his part, Okowa reassured the people of his resolve to continue with the poverty alleviation agenda of his administration if re-elected.

He said that plans were on to continue and complete all road projects awarded, job creation and other developmental programmes in the state.

Okowa said that with the achievements of his administration in the past three and half years, he was sure of victory in March.

He called on the people for support and urged them to carry the campaign to the grassroots.

The governor was confident that more people would defect from the opposition party to the PDP before the general elections.

He challenged the oppositions to a debate, saying: “I offer myself to a debate on issues concerning Delta.

“Can you be a governor when you are nowhere to be found. We don’t want strangers.

“They may be born here but they are strangers, who comes in only during elections.

“We are sure of winning the oppositions in all the senatorial districts, even in Ethiope East. So I urge you to take the campaign message from door to door.’’

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/05/delta-ibori-states-position-gov-okowas-re-election-bid/

Politics / Gov Bindow, Ribadu Reach Agreement Ahead Of 2019 Election by 2Ebisco: 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2019
The campaign organisations of Malam Nuhu Ribadu and Gov. Mohammed Bindow of Adamawa have fused to work for the victory of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2019 general elections.

Mr Salihu Bawuro, Director-General, Nuhu Ribadu Campaign Organisation, made the disclosure in Yola on Friday when the group paid a visit to Gov. Bindow in his private residence.

Bawuro said that the purpose of the visit was to assure the Governor of the group’s total loyalty as members of the APC in the state.

He said that Ribadu had accepted the fusion of his political structure with the governor’s campaign organisation.

‘‘We are pledging our total loyalty and commitment to Gov. Bindow campaign to ensure success for the party at all levels of contest in the general elections.

‘‘We have earlier issued a press statement on our resolve to render total support for the candidature of Gov. Bindow and that the party cannot be divided while facing elections,’’ he said.

Also, the Director-General, Black Cap Revolution Movement in the state, Alhaji Aliyu Bello, explained that the movement and Ribadu’s organisation have political structures with executives in all the local government areas.

Bello solicited the inclusion of his group in the campaign structure of the party, so as to enhance APC’s chances of winning all elective positions in the coming elections.

He dispelled rumours that Ribadu Campaign Organisation would not work for Bindow’s second term bid.

Responding, Bindow said that he and Ribadu were in politics to improve on the dilapidated infrastructure in the state, and expressed delight over the meeting.

He said that President Muhammadu Buhari had improved security and repaired infrastructure, hence the need for people of the North-East to vote for him in the February election.

He promised that members of the Ribadu Campaign Organisation would be given prominent roles to play during the election as well as when the government was formed thereafter.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/04/gov-bindow-ribadu-reach-agreement-ahead-2019-election/

3 Likes

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Premier League Table: Man City End Liverpool’s Unbeaten Run, Close Gap To 4 Poin by 2Ebisco: 8:45am On Jan 04, 2019
Manchester City blew the Premier League title race open again, following a 2-1 win over leaders Liverpool on Thursday night.

The defeat at The Etihad was the Reds’ first loss of the season, as they had gone unbeaten in their opening 20 fixtures.

Sergio Aguero opened scoring in the first half, powering a shot past Alisson Becker from an acute angle.

Roberto Firmino equalized for Liverpool after the break, before Leroy Sane fired in the winner 18 minutes from time.

City now trail Jurgen Klopp’s men by just four points.

A run of nine straight league wins had given Liverpool a commanding lead at the top of the table, as they edged towards a first top-flight title since 1989/90, particularly after City suffered back-to-back shock defeats to Crystal Palace and Leicester to begin the festive season.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/04/premier-league-table-man-city-end-liverpools-unbeaten-run-close-gap-4-points/

4 Likes

Politics / 2019: PDP Reacts As INEC Names Buhari’s Niece, Amina Zakari Official To Announce by 2Ebisco: 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2019
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on Thursday reacted as the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, appointed President Muhammadu Buhari’s niece, Amina Zakari as its head of Collation Center for the 2019 elections.

By her new appointment, Zakari, who was once the Commission’s Director of Operations, will be responsible for announcing the result of the presidential election.

Reacting to her appointment, PDP reiterated its recent claim that President Muhammadu Buhari was determined to rig himself back into power, hence the appointment of Zakari.

In a press statement issued by its spokesperson, Kola Ologbondiyan, the former ruling party said: “We have called you up again today to alert Nigerians of another heinous machination by the Buhari Presidency and
the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to subvert the will of the people and rig the February 16, Presidential election.

“You will recall that we have been raising the flag on how the Buhari Presidency, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and some individuals at the echelon of INEC have been seeking ways to compromise our electoral
processes and open the way for the allocation of fictitious votes to President Muhammadu Buhari, having realized that he cannot win in a credible, free and fair polls.

“Today, we have been informed that the Chairman of INEC, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, apparently in furtherance of the plots to rig the Presidential election, has appointed Mrs. Amina Zakari, a blood relation (niece) of
the APC candidate, President Muhammadu Buhari, as the Chairperson of INEC Advisory Committee and Presidential election Collation Center
Committee.

“The Peoples Democratic Party Presidential Campaign Organization (PPCO) outrightly, vehemently and unequivocally rejects, in its entirety, the
appointment of Mrs. Amina Zakari, President Buhari’s blood relation, as the head of the collation of results, in the same election in which his
uncle, President Buhari, as a candidate, has displayed a huge desperation to win.

“The appointment of Mrs. Amina Zakari, who had been openly accused in various quarters as being the link person between INEC and the Buhari
Presidency in their schemes to rig the election for President Buhari, constitutes a direct violence against the Presidential election and the PDP will not, in any way, whatsoever, accept it.

“This is the same Amina Zakari, who headed the ICT Department of INEC at the time that department was accused of manipulating the INEC voter register to accommodate fictitious, underage and alien voters,
particularly, in remote areas where they plan to allocate and announce conjured votes for President Buhari and the APC.

“It will interest Nigerians to note that this is the same Amina Zakari that was alleged to have played some roles in the 2018 governorship election in Osun state, where the electoral processes were flagrantly
abused.

“In appointing Mrs. Amina Zakari to head the collation of this Presidential election, Prof. Yakubu has confirmed that he has been compromised and that he has already succumbed to pressure by the Buhari Presidency and APC to open the way for the self-succession of President
Buhari.

“The fact remains that there is no way Amina Zakari will not allocate votes to her blood relation, President Buhari, whom Nigerians have indicated clearly that they are not ready to return to office as President.

“With Amina Zakari at the head of results collation, there is no way votes cast by Nigerians will count.

“We, therefore, call on all Nigerians and particularly the National Peace Committee to note that with the appointment of Amina Zakari, as head the
collation of Presidential results, the INEC Chairman is setting the stage for a very huge political crisis, which is capable of derailing our democratic process.

“We also urge the United Nations and other global democratic institutions to take copious note of this noxious appointment by the INEC Chairman.

“If the INEC Chairman wants a peaceful Presidential election, he should, with the speed of light, reverse himself on this appointment.

“In fact, the PPCO reiterates its position that for us to have a peaceful election, Mrs. Amina Zakari should not be seen anywhere near any of the 2019 election processes, not to talk of being involved in the collation
of Presidential results.”

PDP, however, assured that it remained “committed to a peaceful and credible process, but we will never, in any way, allow anybody to use any means, under any guise
whatsoever, to rig us out in this election. Not after it is clear that Nigerians have attained a consensus to rally behind our Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, as their next President.

“All we ask for is a free, fair, credible and transparent electoral process in which the votes of Nigerians will not only count but will be seen to have counted.

“Like Mr. President said during his 2019 budget presentation at the National Assembly, the world is watching us,” the statement added.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/03/2019-pdp-reacts-inec-names-buharis-niece-amina-zakari-official-announce-presidential-result/

2 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Former Governor Of Kano State, Hamza Abudullahi Is Dead by 2Ebisco: 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2019
The former Governor of Kano State, Hamza Abdullahi, is dead.

According to the Cable, Abdullahi who was a one- time former Minister of the FCT, reportedly died in Germany.

The former Minister was born March 2, 1945 and was Governor of Kano from January 1984 to August 1985 during the military regime of General Muhammadu Buhari.

After General Ibrahim Babangida took power, he was appointed Minister of Works and Housing, and later Minister of the Federal Capital Territory.

Abdullahi was born in Jigawa State. He attended the Nigeria Air Force Tactical Training Wing, kaduna in 1964.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/03/former-governor-kano-state-hamza-abudullahi-dead/

Politics / New Minimum Wage: Labour Announces Date For Nationwide Strike by 2Ebisco: 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2019
Following the inability of the Federal Government to urgently transmit the bill on the new national minimum wage to the National Assembly, the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, has set Jan. 8 as date for the commencement of an indefinite nationwide strike.

NAN reports that NLC president, Comrade Ayuba Wabba said the strike would be inevitable if nothing happened before the set date.

He appealed to workers across the nation to support the action to succeed in the interest of their social and economic prosperity.

Wabba called on the Federal Government to urgently transmit the bill on the new national minimum wage to the National Assembly for a speedy passage.

He said: “It is unfortunate that the Federal Government is yet to transmit to the National Assembly an executive bill for the enactment of N30,000 as the new national minimum wage.

“Government’s dilly-dallying on the issue has strained Government-Labour relations with a potential for a major national strike which could just be days away.

“I want to appeal to the government to do the needful by urgently transmitting the bill on the new national minimum wage to the National Assembly.

“We also would like to use this same opportunity to urge workers to fully mobilise for a prolonged national strike and enforce their right.”

Explaining that the strike has becomes inevitable as the last option for labour, the NLC president called on all Nigerians and businesses to understand and support it.

He however assured workers that their labour, patience and diligence would not be in vain.

Wabba said the NLC leadership remains committed to giving all it takes to ensure workers get just and fair wages in a decent work environment appropriate to their well-being.

He added that the NLC leadership is similarly committed to social protection for workers.

“The new year presents great opportunities for workers, pensioners, civil society allies and their friends and families to put their numbers to good use.

“This is by voting out, not on the basis of tribe or religion but purely policy, any candidate that cannot serve their interest.

“In the year that is ahead of us, the NLC remains unequivocally committed to the national and workers’ goals which include the campaign for industrialisation, against selective enforcement of “No Work, No Pay” policy of government, among others,” he said.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/02/new-minimum-wage-labour-announces-date-nationwide-strike/

Politics / Obaseki Begs Police To Investigate New Year Shooting In Edo by 2Ebisco: 12:40pm On Jan 02, 2019
The Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has urged the state Commissioner of Police, Johnson Kokumo, to investigate the shooting at Ring Road, Benin, the state capital on New Year’s Day.

In a statement issued by his Special Adviser on Media and Communication Strategy, Mr Crusoe Osagie, the governor said anyone found culpable would be brought to book.

Obaseki demanded for a clear report on what transpired and the condition under which the reported shooting took place.

He said the administration placed high priority on security of life and property with the huge investment in the state’s security architecture and trust fund.

The statement read in part: “Reports trending on some news platforms claim the incident at Ring Road happened during the frenzied celebration of the cross-over to the New Year.

“It is alleged a life was lost, but we are yet to get details of the incident from the Police and other security agencies.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/02/obaseki-begs-police-investigate-new-year-shooting-edo/

Foreign Affairs / Ghanaian Prophet Predicts Doom For Nigeria’s Elections, Reveals Buhari’s ‘plan’ by 2Ebisco: 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2019
Spiritual leader of the Glorious Wave Chapel International, Prophet Emmanuel Badu Kobi has predicted doom for Nigeria ahead of the country’s elections.

Prophet Badu Kobi predicted that Nigeria may not go to the polls in 2019 as planned because disaster awaits the country after the presidential elections.

He made the prediction in his prophecies for 2019 during the 31st December Crossover Service in his church in Sakumono, Ghana.

He claimed that the All Progressives Congress, APC, flagbearer, Muhammadu Buhari who is also the incumbent President of Nigeria, is hatching plans to rig the upcoming presidential election.

“Nigeria’s election may be put on hold or disaster after the elections. Either they’ll put it on hold or they’ll let the elections go on but after the election, the results will bring trouble because Buhari has decided to steal the election,” Prophet Badu Kobi said

He also foresees an attack on the electoral commissioner of Nigeria.

Nigerian televangelist and general overseer of Omega Fire Ministries International, Apostle Johnson Suleman somewhat buttressed Prophet Badu’s vision during his 2019 prophecies concerning Nigeria that the election will be hundred per cent rigged.

He however advised President Muhammadu Buhari to retire from active politics and make way for another person to take his place.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/01/ghanaian-prophet-predicts-doom-nigerias-elections-reveals-buharis-plan/

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL: Michael Owen Reveals Teams That Will Finish In Top Four, Get Relegated by 2Ebisco: 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2018
Former Liverpool and Manchester United striker, Michael Owen, has picked the teams he expects to finish in the Premier League top four this season.

In an interactive session on Twitter, Owen went for Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur.

When asked by a user by the handle @ScottyHall3_ who the top four teams will be and the three that will be relegated, he replied: “Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs.

“Huddersfield and Cardiff. Not sure about the 3rd team. I said Fulham at the start so I’ll stick with them.

The campaign is already over the halfway point, with the Reds leading by seven points, ahead of second-placed City ahead of Thursday’s titanic meeting at the Etihad Stadium.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/31/epl-michael-owen-reveals-teams-will-finish-top-four-get-relegated/

Politics / Boko Haram: 100,000 People Purportedly Flee Borno To Chad Republic by 2Ebisco: 11:51am On Dec 31, 2018
Following series of attacks by terrorists across Borno state in Nigeria’s northeast, over one hundred thousand people are said to have crossed over to Chad republic, claiming that they have no hope remaining in that part of the country.

Malam Shuibu Isa, one of the people who are part of the movement, told newsmen on phone that there was no sincerity in the Nigeria military’s claims regarding the fight against insurgents in the northeast.

“We are tired of reporting issues to the military because they are not doing anything about it. Before the attack in Baga, we have reported on the impending attacks but nothing was done even when we see the Boko Haram fighters gathering,” he said.

Already hundreds of residents from the northern part of Borno state have fled their homes and return to Maiduguri with already new registration of 2,400 IDPs at the teachers’ village IDPs camp along Pompomari ward in Maiduguri.

It was also reported that over 63,000 people from Abadam local government area are
already settled in Niger republic at the height of the crises.

DAILY POST also gathered that more and more people are leaving their home in the northern part of Borno on daily basis owing to recent attacks in the area with International non government organisations and other NGOs also evacuating their staff and workers from that part of the state.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/31/boko-haram-100000-people-purportedly-flee-borno-chad-republic/

Politics / EPL: Solskjaer Reveals What Pogba Shouldn’t Have Done In 4-1 Win Over Bournemout by 2Ebisco: 8:18am On Dec 31, 2018
Manchester United interim manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has said Paul Pogba’s performance against Bournemouth. proved that he does not need to showboat to prove how good he is.

Pogba scored twice and laid on one assist, in the 4-1 win at Old Trafford, as Solskjaer continued his perfect start since taking over from Jose Mourinho.

“That is a top, top performance from a midfielder.

“It’s work rate, headers, winning tackles, no showboating and it’s touch, pass, move and he’s at his best when he plays that game.

“There was maybe one flick he could have done better with, but not a lot else he could have done,” Solskjaer said after the game.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/31/epl-solskjaer-reveals-pogba-shouldnt-done-4-1-win-bournemouth/

Politics / Ambode Appoints New Head Of Service, Perm Secs by 2Ebisco: 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2018
Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State, on Sunday approved the appointment of Mr. Hakeem Muri-Okunola as the state’s 21st Head of Service (HOS).

Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Habib Aruna, said Muri-Okunola’s appointment followed the retirement of Mrs. Folasade Adesoye on Dec. 27.

According to Aruna, in a statement, Muri-Okunola was the former Executive Secretary, Land Use and Allocation Committee between 2005 and 2011.

Until his appointment, he was the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Youth and Social Development.

The statement qouted Ambode as thanking the outgoing HOS, Adesoye, for her meritorious service to the state and wished her well in her future endeavours.

Similarly, the governor also appointed six new Permanent Secretaries.

They were: Dr Goncalves Fausat; Mr Kosoko Adeyemi; Dr Balogun Sherifat; Mr Adeniji Olufemi; Mrs Adelaja Omobolanle and Dr Lawal Temidayo.

Ambode said, the new HOS and the Permanent Secretaries would be sworn in on Monday at the Lagos House, Alausa, Ikeja.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/30/ambode-appoints-new-head-service-perm-secs/

Politics / PDP Rejects Nationwide Operation Python Dance by 2Ebisco: 5:47am On Dec 30, 2018
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has rejected a nationwide military ‘Operation Python Dance, claiming that it was a ploy by President Muhammadu Buhari to use it to intimidate voters and rig the 2019 Presidential election, having realised he could not win in a free and fair poll.

The Director of Media and Publicity, PDP Campaign Organisation, Mr. Kola Ologbondiyan faulted the operation in a statement yesterday, calming that investigation by the party showed that the plot “is to use the military operation as a subterfuge to unleash heavy security presence to intimidate, harass and instill fear in voters in PDP strongholds across the country and pave the way for the allocation of fictitious votes to the APC.

Toward this end, the main opposition party rejected deliberate attempt by the Buhari Presidency “to set the military on collision course with Nigerians, bearing in mind the collateral damage that usually occurs whenever the civilian population clashes with military.”

Ologbondiyan noted that the country “is a democratic state and obviously not in a state of emergency that requires the militarization of the electoral process. This plot is in consonance with the desperation of the Buhari Presidency to foist a siege mentality on the nation ahead of the 2019 general elections, harass voters and create a sense of escalated insecurity to stalemate the electoral process, once it becomes clearer that the APC was losing.

“Further, investigation reveals that agents of the Buhari Presidency are working in cahoot with some compromised top officials of the Prof. Mahmood Yakubu-led Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to use soldiers to provide cover for diversion of electoral materials, as well as aid APC agents in their plan to unleash violence and disrupt the electoral process in areas where the PDP is winning.

“In spanning the military operation to February 28, 2019, the Buhari Presidency betrayed its anticipation of public rejection or violence, which can only come when a result that does not reflect the actual wish of the people is announced.”

He said the only threat to peaceful election today “is the Buhari Presidency, which has been overheating the polity with its official high handedness, clamp down on opposition and desperation to rig the polls.

He noted that the authorities believe that military steps are genuinely required to ensure peaceful poll in any part of the country, they should recourse to the constitutional approval of the National Assembly and not making impositions as if the nation is under a military regime.

According to him, all that Nigerians desire at this point is to go to the polls and peacefully elect a new President to reposition our nation and not another round of electoral crisis.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/30/pdp-rejects-nationwide-operation-python-dance/

Politics / NANS Speaks On Shehu Shagari’s Death by 2Ebisco: 11:31am On Dec 29, 2018
The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) has described the late Alhaji Shehu Shagari, as a patriotic elder statesman, who built bridges of unity across the country.

DAILY POST had reported that Shagari died at the National Hospital Abuja on Friday after a brief illness at age 93.

Reacting to his death, the National Public Relations Officer of NANS, Mr Bestman Okereafor, in a statement to NAN in Enugu on Friday, said: “The attention of the National leadership of the apex students governing body, NANS, has been drawn to the demise of Nigeria’s first elected president, who served between 1979-1983, Alhaji Shehu Shagari.
“NANS is joining the Federal Government, all Nigerians both home and in Diaspora and the Shagari family in bidding the former president farewell.

“No doubt Shagari was a patriotic elder statesman worthy of emulation considering how he had continuously given responsive representation to the people.
“For example In 1954, he won a seat at the general election to represent Sokoto South-West Constituency, and four years later, he was appointed parliamentary secretary to the Prime Minister, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa.
“In 1960, he was appointed Minister of Economic Development, and then Minister of Internal Affairs in 1962.

“In 1965 he was Minister of Works and Survey (1965), until Jan. 15, 1966, when a bloody military coup cut short that regime.
”When the military government of Gen. Yakubu Gowon took over after a counter-coup, Shagari was appointed Commissioner of Economic Affairs and later Commissioner of Finance.’’

Okereafor recalled that at the birth of the Second Republic in 1979, a reluctant Shagari emerged the presidential candidate of the National Party of Nigeria (NPN), won the election and was sworn-in on Oct. 1 that year.

“It is worthy of note to state that Shagari assembled the best set of Nigerians into his cabinet, suggesting that he was willing to change track and tactics to move the nation in the right direction,’’ he said.
Okereafor added that Shagari was simply an embodiment of humility and decency.
“May his gentle soul rest in peace, even as we pray to God to grant him eternal rest,” he said.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/29/nans-speaks-shehu-shagaris-death/

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL: Sarri Confirms Two Chelsea Players Who Will Miss Crystal Palace Clash by 2Ebisco: 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2018
Chelsea manager, Maurizio Sarri has disclosed that his side will be without the likes of forwards, Pedro and Callum Hudson-Odoi when they tackle Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park in the Premier League fixture on Sunday afternoon.

According to Sarri, Pedro has a hamstring injury and the Spaniard will be out of action in the next ten days, while Hudson-Odoi has a slight knock.

Sarri’s side head to the game following a 2-1 victory over Watford on Wednesday.

“Two problems, the first more serious with Pedro,” Sarri was quoted by Metro UK as saying on Friday in his pre-match press conference.

“Pedro has a hamstring injury and I think that he will have to rest for about 10 days.

“The second problem was Odoi, it’s not a serious problem but I don’t think he will play in the next match.”

The kick-off time for the match is 1:00pm.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/28/epl-sarri-confirms-two-chelsea-players-will-miss-crystal-palace-clash/

Crime / Man Stones 7-Months Pregnant Wife To Death In Rivers State On Christmas Day by 2Ebisco: 9:55am On Dec 28, 2018
A middle aged man, Amos Ogbo is now cooling off his heels in detention over the alleged killing of his 7months pregnant wife on Christmas day.

The incident occured around Eliozu, Obio-Akpor Local government area of Rivers State.

The woman, according to eyewitness accounts, died of internal bleeding after her husband, Ogbo pelted a stone on her ribs when she tried to escape from a fight.

The eyewitness said Ogbo, who was under the influence of alcohol on Christmas day, started with beating his wife before using the stone.

“Neighbours were trying to separate them but the man refused to stop. When the woman tried to run away, the man stoned his wife and the woman fell. Immediately, she started loosing breath. By the time they got to the hospital, she had died,” the eyewitness narrated.

Spokesman of the Rivers State Police Command, DSP Nnamdi Omoni who said the stone used by the man has been kept as an exhibit, added that the
suspect has been transferred to the State CID.

DSP Omoni disclosed that, “The Commissioner of Police has ordered investigation into the matter. The homicide department are on it.

“The good thing is that the man has not denied the incident but he is claiming that he doesn’t know what came over him.”

DAILY POST reports that Amos Ogbo who rides tricycle, popularly called Keke around Eliozu in Port Harcourt, has 3 children with his late wife.

He told newsmen at the Police Command that, “I didn’t know that the stone will kill her. When the thing happened, I was trying to carry her but she was too heavy and nobody came to help me. I wanted to take her to the hospital when she fell but as I tried to stand, they will slap me and hit me with things.

“By the time we eventually got to the hospital she had died. I don’t know what happened to me. I didn’t know what to do. I was begging my wife not to leave me.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/28/man-stones-7-months-pregnant-wife-death-christmas-day/

Foreign Affairs / EPL: Klopp Reacts As Liverpool Go Seven Points Clear Of Manchester City by 2Ebisco: 9:00am On Dec 27, 2018
Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, has said Manchester City should not be concerned about the seven-point gap between them.

The Reds extended their lead over the Premier League champions on Boxing Day, with a 4-0 victory over Newcastle United at Anfield.

City, meanwhile, slipped further behind the pace as they suffered a 2-1 defeat to Leicester City.

Liverpool face Arsenal on Saturday before travelling to City next Thursday and Klopp believes their title rivals should get into the mindset of thinking they are only trailing by four points.

“We had no idea about the Manchester City result until after the game,” Klopp told the BBC after Liverpool’s win over Newcastle.

“We play City soon… if I was them I would think there is only four points because we still have to play them, then we play Arsenal before then as well.

“The only thing that matters to us is the performance and keeping that level of performance. It’s good but that’s all. Tottenham are flying, they had a difficult summer but they are doing brilliant.

“We are on a good run as well. Chelsea will win, Arsenal will win, it will be a race until the final day.

“But we are in it and that’s important. We’re just creating a basis for the rest of the season and the basis after the first part of the season is obviously a good one.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/27/epl-klopp-reacts-liverpool-go-seven-points-clear-manchester-city/

Politics / IG Plans To Arrest Me, Inject Me To Death – Melaye by 2Ebisco: 6:37am On Dec 26, 2018
•Senator’s statement misleading –Police

Jesusegun Alagbe

The lawmaker representing Kogi West Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Dino Melaye, has alleged that the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, is planning to arrest him and inject him to death.

The senator alleged that police operatives meant to carry out the IGP’s order had already been deployed.

“There is a plan by the IGP to arrest me today (Tuesday) and inject me to death. Men deployed already. The Commissioner of Police in Kogi State and others (have been) removed. Nigerians, watch out,” he wrote via his Twitter handle, @dinomelaye.

But the spokesperson for the Nigeria Police Force, Jimoh Moshood, described Melaye’s statement as mischievous, laughable and capable of misleading the public.

He said there were no plans by the police to arrest the senator, but that if he had committed a crime, he should come out of hiding and confess.

“There’s no such order by the IGP.”

“And we want to use this medium to tell high-profile people like the senator that they have a responsibility not to make utterances that are capable of misleading the public,” Moshood said.

The police spokesman asked the people to disregard Melaye’s statement.

He added, “There are no police personnel deployed to arrest him. Or does the senator knows something we don’t know? Has he committed a crime that he is afraid of?

“It’s a mischievous statement just to mislead the people and orchestrate disaffection towards the police.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/26/ig-plans-arrest-inject-death-melaye/

Politics / Rivers Guber: Tonye Cole Warns Gov. Wike by 2Ebisco: 7:37am On Dec 25, 2018
The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Rivers State, Tonye Cole, has warned the state Governor, Nyesom Wike, against taking political actions that might have negative effect on the economy of the state ahead of the 2019 elections.

Cole gave the warning when he spoke with journalists in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital on Monday.

Cole said “that the announcement by the State Executive Council, SEC, cancelling the sale of power station to subsidiaries of Sahara Energy was political and might have serious consequence for investors willing to do business in the state.”

The governorship aspirants explained that “some of business deals which included the concession of Olympia Hotel, were done in line with international best practices.”

He said that “the sale of the gas turbines power stations followed proper bidding process.”

But reacting to the statement by the APC governorship flag bearer, the state government advised him to stop sermonising about the tainted sale of high-value state assets to his companies.

Faulting Cole’s comments, the state Commissioner for Information and Communications, Emma Okah, told the APC governorship hopeful to search his conscience well about the sales of high-calibre public assets to companies linked to him by the previous administration headed by his friend and business partner.

Okah said the claim was coming late in the day because the State Executive Council which approved the implementation of the white paper is not a court and not equipped or authorised to carry out judicial functions.

“At the level of implementation of the recommendations of the judicial commission of inquiry accepted through the white paper, the duty of the exco is to obey the law and implement the stipulations as contained in the white paper and nothing more,” Okah said, noting that the courts are open to anyone who feels otherwise.

Okah noted that the affected companies linked to Cole defended themselves during the proceedings of the commission and urged him to test the findings of the commission if he felt short changed.

“Rivers State government is under an obligation to protect the interest of the people of the state and owes no apology to Arch. Tonye Cole or his companies, if a judicial commission finds that they acted improperly, especially where rules were compromised to make one man acquire such highly-valued assets of the state like the four power stations, Olympia Hotel in Old GRA and Abonemma Wharf.”

It would be recalled that the Rivers State government, at its last Executive Council meeting approved the implementation of the Government White Paper on the sale of highly-valued assets of the state by the previous administration.

The White Paper contained the recommendations of the report of the Justice George Omereji Judicial Commission of Inquiry, which were accepted by the State Executive Council and now overdue for implementation.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/25/rivers-guber-tonye-cole-warns-gov-wike/

Politics / Lagos 2019: I’ll Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected – Jimi Agbaje by 2Ebisco: 12:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Lagos State, Jimi Agbaje, has vowed to remove the Lekki Toll Gate, if voted into power in 2019.
Hide quoted text

Agbaje described the fee being collected at the toll gate as illegal.

The PDP guber candidate noted that though the toll gate was built by a concessionaire, it had since been bought over by the Lagos State Government.

He wondered why residents were still being forced to pay tolls to pass.

Agbaje was responding to the one-hour toll-free passage recently given to all motorists by his All Progressives Congress counterpart, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Agbaje said, “Unfortunately, the toll gate is opaque because no one knows its financial records. So, asking people on your campaign trail and others to pass without paying for just one hour is absurd and regrettable.

“Good road is a fundamental right of citizens and we promise to deliver on this and many other things.

“At the moment, most Lagos roads are impassable because of their poor condition. Now, motorists are compelled to pay heavily for passage.

“How about the so-called alternative routes? Ideally, government should have provided alternative routes to the Lekki Toll Gate, but the available alternate route is in a terrible shape, so everybody is forced to use the toll gate and pay.

“Therefore, yesterday’s drama by the governorship candidate of the APC is a farce. Nobody was deceived by the party’s action which also smacks of disrespect and bondage.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/24/lagos-2019-ill-dismantle-lekki-toll-gate-elected-jimi-agbaje/

Politics / 2019 Budget: Atiku Hits Buhari Again by 2Ebisco: 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar, has rubbished the 2019 budget President Muhammadu Buhari presented at the National Assembly last week.

Abubakar said the 2019 budget presented by Buhari was “fundamentally flawed,” adding that the budget was built on a “shaky foundation.”

In a statement he signed and issued on Sunday, the Waziri of Adamawa stated that it will be a disservice to the nation if the “fundamental flaws” are ignored.

Buhari had last week presented a budget proposal of N8.83 trillion for 2019 to a joint session of the National Assembly on December 19, 2018.

Reacting to the budget, Atiku accused the Presidency of filling the budget proposal with several inaccurate claims and making attempts to hide its failure to improve the welfare and living standards of Nigerians.

The statement entitled ‘My Takeaways from Budget 2019’ reads: “The proposed budget as presented is fundamentally flawed.

“It deliberately ignores and fails to address current realities and pretends, as Mr President asserts, ‘we are on the right direction.

“On the contrary, the 2019 budget is built on a very shaky foundation and makes very generous, often wild and untenable assumptions which pose significant risks to its implementation.”

“I see the rhetoric of ‘inclusive, diversified and sustainable growth’ as no more than an amplification of the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led government’s renewed propaganda to hoodwink the citizens into believing that there is ‘light at the end of the tunnel.”

Abubakar stated that the economy has yet to recover from the 2016/2017 recession as it remains “severely stressed, extremely fragile and vulnerable to external shocks.”

The former Vice President stated that the nation’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth declined from 2.11 per cent in 2017 to 1.9 per cent in Q1, and to 1.5 per cent in Q2 of 2018.

He, however, noted an increase of 0.3 per cent to 1.8 per cent in Q3 of 2018.

“In reality, Mr. President should expect no less. It is a fact that under his watch and resulting from his actions or inactions, investor confidence in the economy has waned like never before in Nigeria’s history.

“Nigeria remains an uncompetitive economy as demonstrated by the recent World Economic Forum (WEF), Global Competitiveness Index which positions Nigeria as 115th of 140 Countries.

“The Report shows that Nigeria has moved three places down, contrary to Mr President’s claim that ‘we are moving in the right direction’. Nigeria remains one of the most difficult places to do business as evidenced by the massive outflows of capital in recent times,” he said.

On the way forward, Abubakar said there should be an alternative to the government’s budget proposal.

He stressed that Nigeria needed a government which understands how to run the economy in order to get it working again.

“For the avoidance of doubt, an Atiku Presidency, come 2019, will present to Nigerians a people’s budget that will prioritise and focus on the twin challenges of unemployment and poverty.

“Nigeria’s high rates of unemployment, poverty and inequality represent both a significant distortion in the economic system and a lost opportunity for critical national development and could potentially threaten social stability,” he added.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/23/2019-budget-atiku-hits-buhari/

Politics / Imo Guber: Senator Uzodinma Not Our Member – APC by 2Ebisco: 10:34am On Dec 22, 2018
The All Progressives Congress, APC, in Imo State, has declared that Senator Hope Uzodinma, does not belong to the party.

Speaking through the state chairman, Daniel Nwafor, in an interview with Sun, the Imo APC also called on security agencies to investigate bribery allegations involving its National Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, and Senator Uzodinma.

Nwafor said “there are a lot of allegations of money changing hands, which I think the security agencies should investigate.”

Responding to question on why he has not invited Uzodinma to APC meeting since he emerged the party’s governorship candidate, Nwafor said, “I have called a press conference here sometime ago and said that Hope Uzodinma is not a member of our party.

“But because the party needed to move forward, we allowed certain things and rules to go.

“Hope Uzodinma we also challenge him now is not a member of this party.

“However, we have to allow certain things to be in the interest of peace in the party.

“I think they are not appreciating the efforts of the state structure of this party.”

He further described Oshiomhole as a reckless rascal for daring to ignore a valid court order restraining him from tampering with the state structure of the party.

He continued, “Two weeks ago, the governorship candidate of our party, Sen. Hope Uzodinma in connivance with Adams Oshiomhole requested that the state exco, the LGA and ward executives of the party should be dissolved.

“Sen. Hope Uzodinma said that he could not win elections in the state with the present party structure and requested Adams Oshiomhole to dissolve the party structure.

“At that meeting with candidates, state chairmen and state secretaries I also warned that if he grants the requests of Sen. Uzodinma in dissolving the entire state structure that he will taking the Imo APC 15 steps backwards.

“But as usual the National Chairman having already formed an alliance with Sen. Uzodinma, there are a lot of allegations of money changing hands, which I think the security agencies should investigate.

“It was at that meeting he admitted that he was going to dissolve the party structure in Imo state.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/22/imo-guber-senator-uzodinma-not-member-apc/

Politics / Enugu Govt Awards Multiple Contracts For Infrastructural Development, Purchase O by 2Ebisco: 7:05pm On Dec 21, 2018
The administration of Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, in keeping with its resolve to sustain the tempo of infrastructural development both at the urban and rural areas, yesterday, awarded multiple contracts for infrastructural development across the state, at the sum of over N1 billion.

The road projects, according to the Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Engr. Greg Nnaji, who briefed newsmen after the meeting of the State Executive Council (EXCO) include, the completion of Akpakwume-Nze-Aku road, between Udi and Igbo Etiti Local Government Areas (phase one); the construction of culverts/ river crossing along Nike Lake Junction-Harmony Estate- Amorji Nike-Adoration Ministry road – a bypass (phase one), in Enugu East LGA.

Others include: rehabilitation/construction of Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) Boulevard in Enugu North LGA; construction of Amalla Orba-Orie Orba-Eke Ovoko road (phase one), Udenu LGA; and the Amaechnenu junction to St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Eha Alumona in Nsukka LGA.

The Council also approved the purchase of five fire trucks for the newly constructed fire service stations across the three senatorial districts of Enugu State.

Also briefing newsmen, the Commissioner for Rural Development, Hon. Gab Onuzulike, disclosed that the fire-fighting equipment were expediently approved by the Council to ensure that the five new service stations commence full operation for safety of lives and property.

Hon. Onuzulike added that the EXCO also approved the recruitment of 52 qualified personnel to man the stations for efficient and effective service delivery, stressing that the decision was taken in view of the importance of the project and the fact that “the last time we had any construction of fire service stations was about 56 years ago, precisely in 1962”.

“So His Excellency at the EXCO meeting was very anxious to ensure that these stations are put into use because fire prevention and security of lives and property of the people of this great state are key to the policy thrust of his administration”, the commissioner said.

He explained that the personnel to be recruited to man the stations in Ogrute; Oji, Orba, Ozalla and 9th Mile are drivers, fire men and fire safety educators, disclosing that the State Civil Service Commission will undertake the process accordingly.

On works and infrastructure, Engr. Nnaji added that the Council in response to the request by the Court of Appeal considered and approved to construct a Court Building for use in the dispensation of justice by the arm of the judiciary pending the completion of the renovation of the Court of Appeal building in the state.

The commissioner noted that the state government’s intervention in the Judiciary in line with its four-point agenda has been exceptional, adding that approval was equally granted for the supply of furniture and other equipment as well as commencement of external works at the Magistrate Court building , Court Room and Registry at Ikem, Isi-Uzo LGA.

In his presentation, the Commissioner for Information, Mr. Ogbuagu Anikwe stated that the Council in recognition of the contributions of the state’s Neighborhood Watch group in assisting the security agencies to enhance peace and security, considered and approved N10,000 for each member as Christmas bonus.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/21/enugu-govt-awards-multiple-contracts-infrastructural-development-purchase-fire-trucks/

Politics / How Alex Badeh Was Killed – Police by 2Ebisco: 7:17am On Dec 20, 2018
The Nasarawa State Police Command on Wednesday revealed how former Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh was murdered

Badeh was killed on Tuesday by unidentified gunmen along Abuja-Keffi road while returning from his farm.

However, the Command disclosed that efforts were on to apprehend those behind the “dastardly act.”

A statement issued by the Command reads: “On the December 18, 2018 at about 18:35hrs, the former Chief of Defence Staff(rtd) while returning from his farm located in Panda Development Area of Karu LGA was attacked by gunmen at Tudu-Uku along Gitata-Keffi road.

“He was in the company of his friend and driver when the unknown gunmen ambushed and opened fire on his moving vehicle. The former Chief of Defence Staff suffered gunshot injuries, which resulted to his death while his driver was injured and the said friend abducted.

“The corpse of the late Air Chief Marshal and the injured driver has been taken to NAF Hospital in Abuja.

“Following the directive of the IGP Ibrahim K.Idris, the Commissioner of Police in Nassarawa State, CP Yahaya Bello and some senior military personnel have visited the scene alongside the IGP’s Intelligence Response Team, IRT, and Special Tactical Squad, STS, who are to carry out a discrete investigation into the case.

“Meanwhile, the police Command, Nigerian Army and Air Force personnel led by Deputy Commissioner of police are in the area immediately the incident occurred with a view to rescue the abducted person and arrest the perpetrators of the dastardly act.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/20/alex-badeh-former-chief-defense-staff-killed-police/

3 Likes 1 Share

Politics / New Minimum Wage: Buhari Finally Speaks On N30,000 Demand, Reveals Measures He’s by 2Ebisco: 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday declared that he was committed to resolving the issue of new minimum wage.

Buhari made the declaration while presenting the 2019 proposed budget before a joint session of the National Assembly.

In a bid to show his administration’s commitment towards resolving the issue of the new minimum wage, Buhari disclosed that he would be sending a bill to the National Assembly for consideration.

The President also disclosed that he had directed the setting up of a technical committee to look at the mode of implementation.

Buhari stated that the committee would recommend modalities for the implementation of the new minimum wage.

According to him, the move is to minimise inflationary impact as well as ensure that its introduction does not lead to job losses.

According to Buhari: “I’m committed to resolving the issue of minimum wage and I will be sending a bill to you.

“To avoid a system crisis on the Federal Government and states, it is important to device ways to ensure that its implementation does not lead to an increase in the level of borrowing.

“I am accordingly setting up a high powered technical committee to advice on ways of funding an increase in the minimum wage and attendant wage adjustments without having to resort to additional borrowing.

“The work of the committee will be the basis of finance bill which will be submitted to the national assembly alongside the minimum wage bill.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/19/new-minimum-wage-buhari-finally-speaks-n30000-demand-reveals-measures-hes-taking-end-issue/

Business / Nigeria's Access Bank To Buy Struggling Carlyle-backed Rival by 2Ebisco: 6:56am On Dec 19, 2018
INTERNATIONAL - Nigeria’s Access Bank Plc agreed to take over struggling local rival Diamond Bank Plc in a deal worth about $200 million that would create the nation’s biggest lender by assets. Both companies’ shares rose.

Access will buy Diamond for 72.5 billion naira ($199 million), with almost a third of that being paid for in cash and the rest in shares, the Lagos-based lenders said in statements to the Nigerian Stock Exchange on Monday. The offer price of 3.13 naira per share is more than triple Diamond’s previous closing price.

Carlyle Group, the U.S. private-equity firm, bought almost one-fifth of Diamond in 2014, its first-ever Nigerian deal. Since then, the value of the stake has tanked amid an economic slowdown in the oil-driven economy that sent bad loans soaring. The lender was downgraded by both Moody’s Investors Service and S&P Global Ratings last month to triple-C.

“The merger will be a positive for Access Bank,” Lagos-based CSL Research said in a note to clients. “Diamond Bank has a strong retail franchise, especially on the liability side, giving it the lowest funding cost among peers.”

If the takeover is approved, Access’s assets could swell to about $17 billion from $12.5 billion, according to Bloomberg calculations. Zenith Bank Plc is currently the largest Nigerian lender, with $15.4 billion of assets.

The combined entity will have the largest number of retail customers in Africa, Diamond said in a statement. Citigroup Inc. and Chapel Hill Denham, a Lagos-based investment bank, are advising Access on the deal while Exotix Partners LLP is advising Diamond.

The offer is a 260 percent premium to Diamond’s closing price of 0.87 naira a share on Dec. 13. Its stock rose 9.5 percent Monday to close at 1.04 naira in Lagos, far below the offer price, but paring its losses this year to 31 percent.

Access climbed 9.4 percent to 8.15 naira.

Nigeria’s banking sector faced government bailouts after a credit crunch in 2009. While the country’s biggest lenders now have strong capital buffers and solid assets and earnings, small lenders have been struggling to recover from the economy’s contraction two years ago. In September, Skye Bank collapsed and the Central Bank of Nigeria established Polaris Bank to take over its assets and liabilities and asked the Asset Management Corp. of Nigeria to capitalize the new entity.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/19/nigerias-access-bank-buy-struggling-carlyle-backed-rival/

Politics / Herdsmen: Retrieve Grazing Reserves From Farmers – Miyetti Allah Tells Buhari Go by 2Ebisco: 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
A Fulani socio-cultural association, Miyetti Allah Kautal-Hore has called on the Federal and State governments to retrieve lands gazetted as grazing reserves from farmers and hand them over to herdsmen.

The body made the call while insisting that government secure grazing reserves across the country to curb the recurring crisis between farmers and herdsmen across the country.

Speaking during a visit to the Governor of Sokoto State, the National President of the group, Alhaji Bello Badejo said most gazetted grazing reserves have been appropriated to farmers.

He said, “The Federal Government should bring back our grazing reserves, some are gazetted and some are not.

“We do not know the reason why the government is delaying the preparation of the grazing reserves so that cattle herders can go back to their grazing areas.

“We have the national and the international cattle route, where are they now? This is because the government is not serious about the reserves.

“We are saying that if these ranches are in place, farmers and herders crisis would have been resolved most significantly.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/18/herdsmen-retrieve-grazing-reserves-farmers-miyetti-allah-tells-buhari-govt-states/

Education / Strike: ASUU Walks Out On Federal Government Delegation by 2Ebisco: 7:58am On Dec 18, 2018
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) staged a walk out from the conciliation meeting with the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, on Monday.

But ASUU President, Biodun Ogunyemi, declined to comment on reasons for their walkout. The meeting lasted for more than two hours at the Federal Ministry of Labour.

ASUU is asking government to address infrastructural issues in the ivory towers, most of which were contained in the NEEDS assessment exercise conducted by previous administration.

Also, a truce meeting called by the Federal Government to resolve the ongoing strike by members of the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP) ended in a deadlock.

The meeting, which lasted for five hours, was presided over by the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Education, Sunny Echonu.

ASUP President, Usman Dutse, who came out from the meeting looking unhappy, told reporters that the position of government regarding their demands was not pleasing to the lecturers. He said government was proposing second week of January 2019 for the continuation of the meeting, a development that may not have gone down well with the striking polytechnic staff.

ASUP mobilised its members nationwide to resume strike on December 12, 2018, following what it described as government’s failure to keep to agreements reached on ‘NEEDS’ assessment, earned academic allowances, among other sundry issues.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/18/strike-ASUU-walks-federal-government-delegation/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 20 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.