Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,619 members, 7,865,489 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:05 PM

2odd's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2odd's Profile / 2odd's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (of 21 pages)

Car Talk / The Transparent Cars by 2odd(m): 6:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
Okay, no abuses o ,this is actually the first time am seeing this type of car and let me say WOW !!! ,They are amazing

1 Like

Art, Graphics & Video / Re: Amazing Floor Tiles by 2odd(m): 7:55pm On Aug 21, 2016
MORE

Art, Graphics & Video / Amazing Floor Tiles by 2odd(m): 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2016
JUST CAME ACROSS ITS REALLY AMAZING

Politics / Re: Buratai: Over 20000 Rescued From Boko Haram by 2odd(m): 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2016
Over 20000 rescued but they can't produce the chibok girls !!!!!
Politics / Buratai: Over 20000 Rescued From Boko Haram by 2odd(m): 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
According to the the chief of army staff TUKUR BURATAI,He said over 20000 Nigerians have been rescued from the notorious terrorist Group boko haram,he made this known while addressing newsmen from channels tv. Nigerians over to You ..

The Chief of Army Staff, COAS, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai has disclosed that over 20,000 people who were kidnapped by the Boko Haram terrorists in Nigeria’s northeast have been rescued from captivity by the troops since he assumed office.

He stressed that there was no going back on the rescue mission irrespective of any call by Nigerians to dialogue with the rampaging insurgents in the North East of the country.

He stated this yesterday while being interviewed by journalists shortly after commissioning Nigerian Army Officers Wife Association, NAOWA, Day Care, Nursery and primary school at Ribadu Cantonment, Kaduna.

The Army Chief appealed to anybody with useful information that could boost the rescue operations to volunteer such information to the military.

According to him, “We have so far rescued over 20000 abducted persons, and we are still rescuing more and we will continue to do that.

“We will continue to carry out our rescue operations, this rescue is ongoing, as far as the Army, and indeed the military is concerned, we will continue to play our own part.

“The negotiation is left for appropriate arm of government, but we are looking for any information to rescue anybody that is being held hostage,” he said.

Source :https://www.instagram.com/p/BJYJJM5BZ7h/

Cc: lalasticlala,seun, ladyf,slimbless,akinkonami,technol8

1 Like 2 Shares

Sports / Moral Lesson From The Olympics by 2odd(m): 1:55pm On Aug 17, 2016
In this life we all run a race where there are no actual winners lemme share the most iconic moment of RIO 2016 with you

Rio 2016: Runners Abbey D'Agostino, Nikki Hamblin Show True Meaning of Olympic Spirit

RIO DE JANEIRO — It's the moment of sportsmanship the world is talking about.

New Zealand runner Nikki Hamblin was lying on the track, dazed after a heavy fall and with her hopes of an Olympic medal seemingly over. Suddenly, there was a hand on her shoulder and a voice in her ear: "Get up. We have to finish this."

It was American Abbey D'Agostino, offering to help.

"I was like, "Yup, yup, you're right. This is the Olympics Games. We have to finish this,'" Hamblin said.

It was a scene to warm the hearts of fans during a qualifying heat of the women's 5,000 meters. Hamblin and D'Agostino set aside their own hopes of making the final to look out for a fellow competitor.

It started when D'Agostino clipped Hamblin from behind and they both went sprawling with about 2,000 meters to go.

Hamblin fell heavily on her right shoulder. D'Agostino got up, but Hamblin was just lying there. She appeared to be crying. Instead of running in pursuit of the others, D'Agostino crouched down and put her hand on the New Zealander's shoulder, then under her arms to help her up, and softly urged her not to quit.

"That girl is the Olympic spirit right there," Hamblin said of D'Agostino. "I've never met her before. Like I never met this girl before. And isn't that just so amazing. Such an amazing woman."

As it turned out, D'Agostino probably needed more help: She soon realized she'd hurt her ankle in the fall.

Grimacing, she refused to give up, though, running nearly half the race with the injury. Hamblin did what she could, hanging back with D'Agostino for a little while to return the favor and offer encouragement.

"She helped me first. I tried to help her. She was pretty bad," Hamblin said. She eventually had to leave D'Agostino behind and was certain that the American would have to stop.

Nope.

"I didn't even realize she was still running. When I turned around at the finish line and she's still running, I was like, wow," Hamblin said

She waited for her new friend to cross the line — D'Agostino had been lapped — and they hugged.

This time, it was D'Agostino who was in tears.

As D'Agostino was about to be taken away in a wheelchair, she stretched out her right hand and the two runners gripped each other's forearms for a few moments.

Olympic officials also decided that both runners, and Austria's Jennifer Wenth, who was also affected by the collision, would have places in Friday's final.

"I'm never going to forget that moment," Hamblin said. "When someone asks me what happened in Rio in 20 years' time, that's my story ... That girl shaking my shoulder, (saying) 'come on, get up'."

Politics / Re: Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt by 2odd(m): 8:35pm On Aug 16, 2016
Bro u ar wrong abt Lagos , go to the market n do a survey of the sales made on each religious festivity ,i can say for a fact that Christians outnumbered the muslims . Abt the ojude oba ,when Christians celebrates there's usually no space for any added ceremonies.
Gaddafithe2nd:

I laughed at your assumptions. Lagos 70% Christians, is it because of the mushroom churches scattered around nooks and crannies of Lagos . ileya is nearby, come and experience how Lagos would be deserted. Ogun state is not majorly Christians. I grew up among the Ijebus and Abeokuta people. If Muslims are dominant in Ogun state, why is their Ojude Oba always held 3,rd day after Ileya. Quit assuming.
The Christians started this mess, let the Muslims take their pound of flesh.
The two religion are foreign to Yoruba land, sorry bro
my ancestors don't worship deities, I don't know about yours.
Crime / Police Officer Shoots At PHCN Workers by 2odd(m): 6:48pm On Aug 16, 2016
It was no joke in sango ota yesterday ,when a police officer shoot thrice at phcn workers, the incident was said to have occur due to disagreement over the monthly power fee ,the officer was said to have defaulted which he disagrees with . Upon insistent by the PHCN official to disconnect his light ,he was said to have gone inside,brought his rifle and shoot at them,it was by a miracle that he missed n the PHCN OFFICIALS escaped with their lives.the matter is now pending investigation.
Celebrities / Ruggedman And 9ice Settles Quarrel by 2odd(m): 10:00pm On Aug 14, 2016
The duo have been at loggerheads since 2010 due to the Toni payne saga ,with both artists releasing diss tracks ,but it seemz the duo are friends again as they combine to release a dope track titled religion

Celebrities / Popular Oap And Hypeman Dotun Mocks Arsenal Fc by 2odd(m): 8:02pm On Aug 14, 2016
DOTUN POST THIS PIX OF BANKY W AND ADESUA , N I CAN'T JUST HELP BUT SAY ,"arsenal fans don suffer"
Cc: lalasticlala , ijebabe,airforce1, slimbless,akinkonami,ladyf,

1 Share

Nairaland / General / Re: The Beautiful Killers by 2odd(m): 4:26am On Aug 13, 2016
The Bloodred Corn Snake reside in North America and prefer forest openings, abandoned buildings and farms. Snake is named as Corn due to its existence near grain stores. The body is in the form of reddish-brown with black saddles.

Nairaland / General / Re: The Beautiful Killers by 2odd(m): 4:24am On Aug 13, 2016
The Red-headed Krait is a highly venomous snake which inhibits forested hills, lower areas below 400 meters elevation. It is mostly found in the southern part of Thailand. The Red-headed Krait grows up to 6.9 ft. Beauty of this snake is personified in the form of its bright orange-red head with pale body and short reddish tail.

Nairaland / General / Re: The Beautiful Killers by 2odd(m): 4:23am On Aug 13, 2016
The Blue Racer Snake is highly active, fast moving which inhibits a variety of places, including bushes, swamps, open woods, and weedy lake edges. It is mostly found in the southern part of Peninsula. Adult Blue Racer’s body is light blue whereas younger ones are greyish, with smooth scales of darker spots.

Nairaland / General / Re: The Beautiful Killers by 2odd(m): 4:22am On Aug 13, 2016
The Green Tree Python is found primarily in New Guinea and Australia. It can grow up to 6 ft. They inhibit a variety of places like trees, bushes, rainforests and shrubs. One cannot deny the beauty of this snake.

1 Share

Nairaland / General / The Beautiful Killers by 2odd(m): 4:14am On Aug 13, 2016
Snake comes in different colors. N they are quite breathtaking but dont let their beauty fool u.

Politics / Re: Ondo Governorship: PDP Disowns Jimoh Ibrahim by 2odd(m): 10:46am On Aug 12, 2016
Babatundecash:
Mehn!!! Jimoh Ibrahim and his grand son Mr.Niran sule and their God father Alimodu shekau sheriff has only help in nailing the Pdp coffin here in Ondo state......Dr.mimiko can wail from now till December 2016,all I know is that PDP will never win in any Local Government area of the state#DR.Mimiko has made things worst for himself and PDP as all the students who sat for the waec examination in the state own public are now unable to check their result because mimiko is owing the Waec bodies a huge amount.....admission exercise is going on across institution in the nation and those students have not being able to check theirs#Dr.mimiko abeg fear God ooo!!! You said you will work for us only for you to be owing our parents 6months salary under this current economy woes....what do you expect us to feed on,how did you expect us to meet our various needs...hmmm!!! Anyway... In the book of Ondo 3vs16 for Dr.mimiko so hate Ondo state that he gave his only forgotten Son(JEGEDE) That whoever vote for him would not get salary but everlasting Hunger#team Owo madee#team Ondo state#team Aketi#team Alagbaka straight.
and we should vote for some apshit n hear stories like buhari's own abi ??.abegi ,those idiots no get anything for head,lemme tell u what's going to happen if apc get there . They will smear us with enough propaganda to last generations
Jokes Etc / Rip English Language by 2odd(m): 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2016
i was literally roliing on the
Floor

1 Share

Politics / Re: "Operation No Shanties In Lagos" Kicks Off In Ikeja (photos) by 2odd(m): 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2016
In my opinion , the government should make sure that adequate infrastructure is on ground .if those pple in those supposed shanties Re displaced where Re are dey going to ??,is it not to the well developed areas ?....
Nairaland / General / How Did You Feel The First Time A Topic U Posted Made Front Page by 2odd(m): 4:34pm On Aug 10, 2016
Posting a topic is a thing , but for the MODs and fellow nairalanders to deem it a frontpage material is another thing entirely .
So many at times we post topics expecting them to garner responses that will prompt the mods to move it to FP but to our greatest surprise ,the post won't get up to five response( comments ).
What makes up a FP topic and how do u feel when such topics makes the front page .
Science/Technology / Re: See Innovations :mechanical Corn Roaster by 2odd(m): 10:49am On Aug 10, 2016
Yeah
Science/Technology / See Innovations :mechanical Corn Roaster by 2odd(m): 7:51am On Aug 10, 2016
I saw this on fb and i think this is a way of reducing the stress for manual corn roasting, a google search shows alot of these machines with different modifications and sizes

25 Likes 5 Shares

Nairaland / General / Re: The Day nigerians bathe with salt by 2odd(m): 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2016
Nairaland / General / The Day nigerians bathe with salt by 2odd(m): 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
Nigerians re one unique set of people ,come to think of it we've done crazy things n when i think about it ,i cant just stop laughing . I will name a few ,kindly add yours

1. Bathe with salt : you all remember during the ebola scourge ?? I bet u are laughing now

2.Dont wear Red : i blame MTN 5x bonus for this, i was like seriously ??

3. Dont pick midnight calls: i hope u remember that u all had to switch off ur mobiles because something bad will happen if u do otherwise.

4. Dont pick calls from a particular number : this one still happen.

5. Don't take one drink with one food: i will b like ,how will it happen ,which reaction go take place between the said items.
Feel free to add urs

cc: lalasticlala, missyb3 , ijebabe

1 Share

Celebrities / Re: 15 OAPs Dominating Mainstream Radio by 2odd(m): 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2016
Another notable mention here is Dan Foster who currently works at Classic FM. Foster is a Nigerian-based American media personality whose growth in Nigeria has been meteoric, not to say he isn’t blessed with the gift of gab.

Since moving down to Nigeria in 2000, hosting radio programmes and then reality shows on TV as well as corporate gigs, Foster has grown into a leading figure in Nigerian entertainment with an equally impressive figure in popular culture.

Source: https://www.naij.com/919981-15-oaps-shape-pop-culture-entertainment-nigeria.html
Cc:lalasticlala, missyb3 , ijebabe
Celebrities / Re: 15 OAPs Dominating Mainstream Radio by 2odd(m): 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2016
15. Douglas Wokocha-Jekan – Douglas Jekan is a force as far as evening radio is concerned and with his influence at Beat FM, Lagos, he has successfully curated some of the most talented, underground talents in Nigeria by virtue of his brilliant playlists. He also makes it happen on weekends on same station and at private gigs.

1 Share

Celebrities / Re: 15 OAPs Dominating Mainstream Radio by 2odd(m): 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
14. Anita ‘Omalicha’ Isedeh – Rhythm FM’s Omalicha is perhaps the most bubbly female radio host in Nigeria. She runs things on at the Lagos station and has had some stints with television as well, not to forget her involvements in corporate events.

1 Share

Celebrities / Re: 15 OAPs Dominating Mainstream Radio by 2odd(m): 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
13. Osikhena Dirisu – Here’s another young man doing big things via radio and the future for him is not in doubt. Coming from freelance radio gigs at Rhythm FM , Benin he moved over to Beat FM, Lagos and from there it’s been an upward movement for the often controversial compere.

1 Share

Celebrities / Re: 15 OAPs Dominating Mainstream Radio by 2odd(m): 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2016
12. Maria Okan – Coming into Beat FM, Lagos in 2012 with her experience from BBC, MTV and Dropout UK, Okanrede has grown into a dynamic industry and she has fast become a name to reckon with today in the industry.

1 Share

Celebrities / Re: 15 OAPs Dominating Mainstream Radio by 2odd(m): 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2016
11. Kaylah Oke Wemimo – One of the ‘youngsters’ ding big things n radio as well as influencing popular culture in Nigeria today is Kaylah and she makes it happen every other evening on Cool FM, Lagos.

1 Share

Celebrities / Re: 15 OAPs Dominating Mainstream Radio by 2odd(m): 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2016
10. Steve ‘Yaw’ Onu – Yaw is phenomenal and you can hardly talk about 21st century radio and events and not include him as one of the key figures who have contributed to the growth of the sector. He has also been involved in other private and corporate events in addition to media and his show on Wazobia FM is hugely followed.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (of 21 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.