Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

2odd's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2odd's Profile / 2odd's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 21 pages)

Education / Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by 2odd(m): 4:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
9jatriot:
Agreement?? Not really, have you?

Infrastructure I always use the low hanging fruits... agriculture as example, you have land as the basic raw material, why not come up with better ways of improving yield per plot. What of computer science? How many apps are being developed from our Unis? That one you basically need a laptop with development environments installed? what is holding that one back.

Now a days, salaries do not get delayed too much compared to many years ago so that is not an excuse.

bro, do you know what goes into App development ??
basic free WiFi these schools no get
Education / Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by 2odd(m): 4:48pm On Oct 08, 2020
Tranquility4u:
The government shouldn't underpay the ASSU lecturers who have already registered for IPPIS, so as to motivate and ginger the others not registered yet to do the same by registering.
and under paying them is what the govt is doing
Education / Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by 2odd(m): 4:46pm On Oct 08, 2020
9jatriot:
If you work in an NGO and go on strike for 6 months, please tell me if that NGO will still pay you. After national assembly, ASUU has one of the easiest job in the country. You go to work when and if you like. Unlike teachers that have to be at school at 8am, ASUU has no such restrictions.

Your employer says I want to pay you using this our platform, employee say no we want to use our platform for YOU to pay us. My friend, any organization will tell you to get and use the platform you developed for yourself to go and pay yourself.

this comparison is somehow,
NGOs don't have unions to my knowledge,
and ASUU was established by extant laws..
Education / Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by 2odd(m): 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
9jatriot:
Same way a bank worker in Zenith in one village has to channel his problem to head office in VI to get his issue resolved if there are challenges with his salary. So issues getting to Abuja is not the challenge.

No country that I know uses contract staff, but no other country that I know goes on more strikes than more that at least 1/6 of their career life. In most countries, when you get admitted, you know what year you will graduate. The only time calendar were disrupted was because of COVID-19, but in Nigeria, it is the number of years of your course + x, where x is equal to school closure and strikes by ASUU. So since ASUU likes free salary without considering other factors including students, then FG should explore the use of contract staff as banks and many other companies have done.

this your comparison is kinda funny
those other countries provide the basic infastructure needed for the smooth running of the university

just take for example Ghana budget about 23% of his expenditure on education but in Nigeria
7% or so..
and technically it won't be totally right to compare the running of a bank with the educational sector
Education / Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by 2odd(m): 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
9jatriot:
Excess workload indeed.
This is ASU(N)'s version and I do not believe it, because the millitary also have various allowances and I believe they have been captured on IPPIS.
I am just looking at a bank like GTB tells all her staff that they should register on one platform to receive next month salary and you as a staff will start forming strike. It can't happen. If you do not like IPPIS, go and work in Shell or other private universities not here dictating for your employer.
All serious universities in the world are involved in one way or the other about COVID, these ones de form strike.

have you taken your time to peruse what the agreement is all about ??

so you expect schools without infastructure to engage in research ??
really ??
is that not what ASUU is clamoring for ??

Take AAUA for example a state uni in ondo state
students are paying up to 150k

electricity in the school is not up to 4hrs
Internet goes off with the electricity..

a lecturer doing research have to fuel the generator and buy data with his money
and just so you know
in some experiment minute fluctuations in temp renders the whole experiment null and void !!!

oh make I remind you the same lecturers are being owed salaries as well.
Education / Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by 2odd(m): 2:57pm On Oct 08, 2020
9jatriot:
That amount will be paid to him even for the 6 months or more that he has been on strike, no deduction what so ever.
At the end of his career, he will get gratuity right? after that he will be on life pension on a salary till they die. Tell me any other non government organization that you know that pays life pension. I am waiting.
I'm not understanding your point but if I may
lecturering is a not an NGO..
I think you ought to do more research on the functions of NGOs
Education / Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by 2odd(m): 2:55pm On Oct 08, 2020
9jatriot:
Government should outsource lecturing and gradually phase out these selfish ASU(N) members, the same way banks and other serious companies now use contract staff to ensure efficiency.

When you make use of contract staff, you only business as employer is the company you gave the contract to, if that company is unable to manage her staff and they disrupt the academic calendar of the school allocated to them, you put up an advert for new contractors. Nonsense.

Every company has its own system of paying her staff, some companies will insist that you must have an account in a particular bank if you intend to receive your salary, yet you have ASUU telling government they do not want to receive their salary from IPPIS.

lemme give you a typical example,
when the govt paid the first two months it was owning lecturers (mar- April), a lecturer wasn't paid , didn't know why he wasn't paid ,

his complaint couldn't be rectified in his school, had to refer him to Abuja where IPPIS is being handled from.
took another month before the complaint was attended to, mind you another two months salary was paid to his colleagues.

this issue won't take days when and if handled by the individual schools bursary unit !

and there's the issue of taxation ,
most lecturer argued that the taxes deducted from their salary was much more than it ought to be...

you wanna make a complaint again ? You go reach Abuja...

on the issue of contract staffing
tell me which country is using contract staffs in their tertiary education sector
Celebrities / Peruzzi Apologies For Slapping Social Media Influencer Pamilerin by 2odd(m): 1:22pm On Jun 10, 2019
dmw act Peruzzi has apologised for slapping social media influencer Pamilerin at a Function yesterday

Sports / Re: Real Madrid Confirm Signing Of Eden Hazard From Chelsea On 5-Year Deal by 2odd(m): 10:34am On Jun 08, 2019
Sukakma:
oga..goan check how Chelsea maltreated Florent Malouda before selling him

If you have been a Chelsea fan for long..you wouldn't be saying this..
it's better you go and read up on it sir.
Chelsea wanted to sell him but he said he's not going anywhere just like Bale is doing and the coach said he's not in his plan hence he was relegated back to youth team

Sports / Re: Real Madrid Confirm Signing Of Eden Hazard From Chelsea On 5-Year Deal by 2odd(m): 10:26am On Jun 08, 2019
Cherrybae:
Hazard is broke and just wants the money, Hazard is an expired Attacker I wonder what he will contribute to Real Madrid.

This is indeed a bad market for Real Madrid.

Nonsense
damn
wise up woman

Sports / Re: Real Madrid Confirm Signing Of Eden Hazard From Chelsea On 5-Year Deal by 2odd(m): 10:25am On Jun 08, 2019
andrew444:

Hazard is 28 and his contract is remaining just 12 months
u dey mind pple wey no understand the intricacies of transfer ?

one it's £88m That will rise to £130m with add ons

2: he's 28 yes with one yr left on his contract
Madrid could just wait till January and sign pre contract with him like Ramsey did..
Politics / Re: Nigeria To Print 5000 Naira Note With The Face Of Dora Akunyili by 2odd(m): 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2019
trapQ:
I'm not igbo but in my opinion, Dora was and remains the greatest Nigerian ever. We don't have to bring up tribalism everytime.
lol I think both Dora and Stella adedvoh should be there
if I'm to choose one
I'll prefer Stella
Politics / Re: INEC Blocks APC From Fielding Candidates In Zamfara For 2019 Elections by 2odd(m): 9:10am On Oct 10, 2018
magoo10:
I doubt if you can read and understand.

APC did not successfully conduct any primaries in zamfara and no names were submitted to inec as their candidates.

Leave am, shebi APC will summit his name.

Politics / Re: INEC Blocks APC From Fielding Candidates In Zamfara For 2019 Elections by 2odd(m): 9:08am On Oct 10, 2018
Drabeey:
Hoist the colour
Ploughing through, till 'em succour
Pele o ,kamilu kompo
What's that supposed to be � ?
Anthem abi wetin cos u just muddle it up.
Anyway man must chow ,God will butter ur bread
Politics / We Don’t Have Criminal Case Against Atiku – US by 2odd(m): 1:02pm On Oct 08, 2018
We don’t have criminal case against Atiku – US

Travel / Re: God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering by 2odd(m): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
troublemakea:
You will never see ABC transport have accident in such manner

ABC all the way.....GIGM & piece Mass transit are two flying coffin
Without mincing words ,u are a fool !!!

Politics / Osun 2018: Senate President Bukola Saraki Meet With Omisore by 2odd(m): 4:17pm On Sep 24, 2018
Osun 2018: Senate president Bukola SARAKI MEET WITH OMISORE

The President of the Nigerian Senate DR ABUBAKAR BUKOLA SARAKI in Ife with SENATOR IYIOLA OMISORE and cousin BANKOLE OMISHORE, an SA to Senate President... https:///1MTvckVYTO

Politics / Waec Confirm Adeleke's Results by 2odd(m): 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2018
WAEC confirms Adeleke wrote his exams in 1981
-
The West African Examination Council, WAEC, Wednesday confirmed that the embattled Senator Ademola Adeleke… https:///Q6wtyZjQWT

The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has confirmed that Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Governorship Candidate, Senator Ademola Adeleke, sat for the May/June examination of the council in 1981.

The council in an affidavit deposed to by one Osindeinde Adewunmi and filed at the registry of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) High Court confirmed that Adeleke sat for the Senior Secondary School exams in May/June 1981.

The confirmation was contained in a four paragraph affidavit filed on Wednesday in compliance with the order of Justice Oathman Musa requesting the examination body to confirm whether the governorship candidate sat for the 1981 exams.

Justice Musa, had in a ruling delivered on September 11 directed that WAEC should depose an affidavit, to either deny or confirm that Adeleke who is currently representing Osun West Senatorial District, sat for the exams the Council conducted at Ede Muslim High School in Ede, Osun State, in 1981

www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/09/19/waec-confirms-pdp-candidate-adeleke-sat-for-1981-exams/%3famp

Politics / Re: Tinubu: I Didn't Disparage Osogbo People, My Comments Were Twisted by 2odd(m): 10:22am On Sep 11, 2018
O
Celebrities / Re: Top5 World Famous African Artists by 2odd(m): 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2018
Great list including King sunny Ade

Celebrities / Re: Angry Nigerian Lady Narrates How DJ Cuppy Jumped The Queue To Collect Her PVC by 2odd(m): 11:52pm On Aug 31, 2018
savio93:

And we should clap for you for jumping queue and bribing.
Later, you would say our leaders are corrupt.

I'm just tired of this country.

You are part of those encouraging illegality.
Yen yen yen ,dey dia , angry
Celebrities / Re: Angry Nigerian Lady Narrates How DJ Cuppy Jumped The Queue To Collect Her PVC by 2odd(m): 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2018
My whole family,crew & I did jump queue
Biko it's not poverty, for naija either u get money or u get madness
On dat day ,we got there mingle with the inec official, bought Dem cold drinks , help Dem sort forms , voila 1hr ,16 of us don do n vamoose,leave over 70 pple wey we meet for there

Crime / Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos Granted Bail by 2odd(m): 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2018
basty:
Some people mumu for this country especially Nairaland.

Same comments all the way. What were they doing in the hotel around 2am? and some lazy youths/cultists are supporting them.
Na u mumu pass ,so it's now offence to party at 2am abi , which kind of country is this sef
Crime / Re: 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos Granted Bail by 2odd(m): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2018
richiepolymer:
Those guys were gays. Its just that police wasn't smart when storming the venue. They should have blended in and even do some recording as hard evidence but typical of nigerian police, they stormed the place agbero style.
Eh eh , so 57 of Dem actually congregated to party ,
Receive sense bro
Crime / Man Bought Goods Worth #2.1million With Fake Bank Alert by 2odd(m): 8:40am On Aug 30, 2018
The guy in the pictures below was @wearitallmensluxury on monday august 27th 2018, he allegedly bought items worth 2.1million naira with fake bank alert.
Anyone with useful info that can lead to his arrest will be rewarded 100k naira, kindly dm @tundewearitall or @wearitallmensluxury or call 08077259999

Politics / Femi Adesina: Only God Knows When Leah Will Be Rescued by 2odd(m): 10:58am On Aug 28, 2018
Femi Adesina, special adviser to the president on media and publicity, says only God knows when Leah Sharibu, the kidnapped Dapchi girl, will be rescued.

TheCable had, on Monday, published a picture and audio of the teenager who was kidnapped in February begging the government for help.

“For how much longer, I think that question can only be answered by God. I believe that God is interested in that young girl and will ensure that she is preserved,” Adesina said on a Channels TV programme on Tuesday.

“I think when that clip that we have is verified, at least one will be sure that it’s her and when that is determined, we should all be glad that she is alive.

“When will she return, by the grace of God, the government is working on it and we believe she will be back.”

Adesina said President Muhammadu Buhari had made a commitment to do anything to rescue the kidnapped girls even if it means paying for their release.

“One thing we should always remember as Nigerians is that early in the life of this administration, then it was Chibok girls, the president said that whatever it will take to get the girls back including paying, he would do. It’s on record.”

The presidential spokesman, however, denied reports that paid government payed a ransom

“That is not confirming that there was payment on Dapchi because the then DG of DSS was categorical the day the girls were brought back and it was in public glare that no a dime was paid for Dapchi girls. On Dapchi, there was no payment.”

According to Adesina, reaching out to the Sharibu family is not “a presidency matter”.

“I expect that the Yobe state government is doing that. In Nigeria, they expect the presidency to do everything.

www.thecable.ng/femi-adesina-god-knows-leah-will-rescue

pulse.ng/news/local/only-god-knows-when-leah-sharibu-will-return-presidency-id8778673.html

Sports / Re: Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Puts Club Up For Sale For £2 Billion by 2odd(m): 9:22am On Aug 26, 2018
Y can't dis mod verify news before posting Dem sef ?? Skysports dey there, BBC sport, Eurosport, CNN . this are verified news channel not rumor mongers,
A site that Chelsea sued 9years ago for libel
Sports / Re: Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Puts Club Up For Sale For £2 Billion by 2odd(m): 9:20am On Aug 26, 2018
obafemee80:

The normal thing to do is to deny it
Chelsea had sued dailymail for making such claim 9yrs ago
Politics / Re: Akin Alabi's Tweet About SEGUN AWOSANYA Segalink, That Put Him In Trouble by 2odd(m): 11:03am On Aug 24, 2018
Baselm:
we are in the era of politics and whether u like to admit it or not, Segalink's post has a political undertone. what connects GEJ and PMB if not politics? The only mistake akin made was using the word "candidate ". PMB posted pictures of him working 800m to score political points, Atiku posted his picture on a threadmill to score political point, Sowore posted his picture racing in the London marathon for same reason, so how is Segalink posting GEJ picture not political. Akin was made a scapegoat cos he wasn't ready or able to push the debate further, but he definitely had a point.
He posted those pix in 2015......
Come on !!
If he's a PDP member nkor ?, almost every activists are politicians
Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr, GANI FAWEHINMI,others
The man did a great job without asking for ur party inclinations

Politics / Re: 2019: Labour Party Pledges 16m Votes For PMB by 2odd(m): 1:06am On Aug 24, 2018
Glink2018:
Politicians are branded with lies.

They lie for living.

16million votes, haba.

The total votes buhari got in 2015 presidential election was 21million votes.
Na 15 he got , mimiko worked for GEJ IN 2015 n PDP lost d state

Politics / Re: Nairabet Ceo Akin Alabi Apologies For His Earlier Tweet About Segun Awosanya by 2odd(m): 12:28am On Aug 24, 2018
amaniro:
He shouldn't have gotten involved at first. This type of people knows little or nothing of politics yet they want to indulge
with all zeal and enthusiasm. Segalinks is a political man who doesn't know that a person involved in activism shouldn't be political
All activist are politicians , Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr, gani fawehinmi etc
Politics / Nairabet Ceo Akin Alabi Apologies For His Earlier Tweet About Segun Awosanya by 2odd(m): 11:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
Nairabet CEO , has shown rare humility by admitting he was in the wrong and he apologized for his earlier tweet
Way to GO,KUDOS TO HIM ,he just won my Respect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 21 pages)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68