Stats: 3,159,168 members, 7,838,993 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

2roodi's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2roodi's Profile / 2roodi's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by 2roodi(f): 6:22am On Jun 24, 2021
Wifefo88:

Great school I'm currently studying there

Yes, it definitely is! I graduated from Cambrian College smiley
Are you currently in Sudbury or studying remotely?

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by 2roodi(f): 7:16pm On Feb 22, 2021
SandyTom:

Hy Guys please I need your help, I am new here and need advice like a lot.
1. I am a graduate of Mass Communication 3rd Class but I want to go for a Diploma/Certificate in Hospitality Management. I was told I could apply for it but I needed to explain why I am going for the study. The thing now is do I need my degree certificate to apply? I need your candid opinion and advise. Thank you

Yes, you do.
If your fear is that you came out with a 3rd class; no worries, it wouldn’t affect your chances of getting a PGD/PGC admission.
Like the person has rightly told you, you need to explain why you intend on pursuing that course.
All the best SandyTom!
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by 2roodi(f): 4:31pm On Feb 22, 2021
OBANLABAMIDELE2:
Hello everyone
Good morning
Please the agent that help me in packaging my student permit application created an email address for me by herself,but I don't have access to the Gmail she use and now I mailed the embassy concerning my application telling them that my application has exceeded the processing time,there response was I should use the email on my application to enquire for my application status and me and the agent are not in good terms anymore please what can I do

Wow! Sorry about this
You need to sort things out with your agent, make amends. He/she is actually the main channel of communication.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by 2roodi(f): 10:11am On Feb 22, 2021
Tim4humanity:

Thanks for the advice boss, my Reason for the pdg is I wanted a course that is more practical and hands on, the college I applied for offers that practicality ( I stated all of this in my SOP). Also when I started applying for schools, I applied at Trent university for an MSc in Data analysis and I wasn't successful so I had opt for this pdg program.

To be honest, it doesn’t really matter as long as you have a valid reason.
I graduated with a 2:1 as well, but opted for a PGC in a totally unrelated field and I was granted admission and also visa approval.
I also didn’t submit an SOP (it wasn’t intentional though) yet my visa was approved, even though I was venturing into a new field of study.
*just thought to put this out there*
As long as you have a valid reason/supporting documents, you should be alright.
All the best!!

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by 2roodi(f): 9:49am On Feb 22, 2021
stephanie94:
Good day lovely people, I studied English Education but I had a low CGPA from Nigeria, 2.68 and I’m currently doing my masters in Germany. I have realized most schools cannot accept my CGPA in Canada because it’s too low. Therefore, I have decided to through the PGC route. My intention is to study Special Education/ Early Childhood Education. My question is are there any CGPA limit for PGC and would applying from Germany give me an edge concerning getting my visa? Please give help me sad

Hi Stephanie!
Firstly, yes you can definitely apply for a PGC with a 2.68 CGPA. You should consider Cambrian College, they offer a good Early Childhood Education program (co-op).
However, I don’t quite understand your backstory, can you please clarify. So you are currently doing your masters and at the same want to apply for a PGC?

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 8:28am On Mar 23, 2020
geosolomac:

Hello, am a Cambrian college applicant, would love to connect with you and ask u some questions and enquire about some things as regards Cambrian College & Sudbury.

Warm Regards

Hey there!
Trust you’re doing well amidst this pandemic.
Yes, I have replied your to email, twice. Waiting to hear back from you.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 8:24am On Mar 23, 2020
[quote author=geosolomac post=87659647]
Hello, am a Cambrian college applicant, would love to connect with you and ask u some questions and enquire about some things as regards Cambrian College & Sudbury.

Warm Regards

Hey there!
Trust you’re doing well amidst this pandemic.
Yes, I have replied your to email, twice. Waiting to hear back from you.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2020
Omah7979:
did You apply to Cambrian

Yes, I’m currently enrolled in the HR program and I work in the college as well, that’s why I reached out.
Please feel free to send me an email if you have more questions smiley

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 3:41am On Feb 10, 2020
Olayinkaji:

Sorry, you in Canada?

Hi! Yes I am
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 1:51am On Feb 09, 2020
adurajoseph:
Good day everyone, I have been trying my best searching for safe schools that I could get into to study information systems or Project management, but it has not been successful due to my GPA 2.5/4.
Please, can anyone either recommend safe schools that could accept me?

I also tried Postgraduate diplomas in the same field, but it seems that universities do not offer courses in that field, which is demoralizing.
Does anyone know a way around this?
or is there something I am missing?
or somewhere I may not be checking?

Try applying to Cambrian College smiley
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 3:58pm On Feb 07, 2020
Boy6199:
Hello guys,

I need help with my bank statement. I am planning to apply for my student visa. And looking forward to use bank statements from two different banks. One bank is in Nigeria while the other one is in the UK. I have opened my account in the UK while I was studying there. The account is still running and valid. But I am not living in the UK anymore.

Both accounts are in my name.

Is it OK to use my Barclays account which is in the UK? Or do I need to transfer the money from my UK bank account to my account in my home country?

I really need your help guys with this matter.

Thank You.

Hi there,

Not necessarily. You don’t have to transfer the money to your Nigerian account. If you have your account statement from the Uk, then you can use it as it is. That was what my parents did though.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 3:46pm On Feb 07, 2020
Omah7979:
I applied for spring 2020 the course is HRM post graduate program

Oh okay.
Have you tried calling the school? Or you could leave them an email at enrolmentcentre@cambriancollege.ca
They can get pretty busy, but it’s worth the try.

Hope this helps.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 4:23pm On Feb 06, 2020
Omah7979:
Hi guys good morning please has anyone been offered admission letter from Cambrian College? I applied since December 23 am yet to get response. The application status is still saying pending.

Hi!
Which semester and program did you apply for?
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 6:44pm On Jan 30, 2020
[quote author=Qudkom post=86228760]
To be honest, it doesn't matter who submits the visa application. There isn't any favoritism given to the agent or third party that submitted. Matter of fact a foreign lawyer will simply ask for default documents and doesn't know the detailed requirements, methods etc most Nigerian applicant utilise when submitting applications. I am here in Canada and I know this for a fact.all you get is a default to do list....

Not 100% true though. It depends on the agency smiley
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 6:40pm On Jan 30, 2020
[quote author=Qudkom post=86228760]
To be honest, it doesn't matter who submits the visa application. There isn't any favoritism given to the agent or third party that submitted. Matter of fact a foreign lawyer will simply ask for default documents and doesn't know the detailed requirements, methods etc most Nigerian applicant utilise when submitting applications. I am here in Canada and I know this for a fact. *all you get is a default to do list....*

Not 100% true though. It depends on the agency smiley
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 3:51am On Jan 24, 2020
Next2Bezee:

Wow, that's quite the coincidence! Thank you so, so much for the encouraging words.

You’re most welcome smiley

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 7:19am On Jan 23, 2020
feclela:
Please what are the documents you used to secure admission with Cambrian College ??

Hey,
I’m so sorry I can’t really recall everything in detail. But, you’ll have to apply through OCAS (Ontario College Application Service). On the site, there’s a step by step procedure on how to go about the whole application process.

Hope this helps smiley

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
joyblinks:
Good evening house.

Please I need names of schools that does not require application fee when applying. My Husband has already paid for 1 school's application. Now need to spread our net but cant seem to find those without application fee.

Suggestions please.
Thank you

Cambrian College.
As at last year when I applied, I didn’t pay an application fee.
Not sure about now though.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 9:22pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hi everyone!!!
It feels good to be back. Happy new year smiley

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 9:20pm On Jan 20, 2020
Next2Bezee:
Hey, house gurus

I'm new here and interested in pursuing an MSC (Educational Leadership) in Canada.

I completed my Bsc (Accounting) in Malaysia. My sponsor will be my mum, and she will be able to pay my full tuition and other fees in one go, even before the visa application. I have no issues with finances.

I am going for Educational Leadership because my family owns a school, whose management I am a part of. I plan to take over the school after my MSC. That's why I switched careers (From accounting to education). Will this fly to an embassy vo?

Also, I don't have any ties except for my job. Will that a problem?

PS: I was denied a US study visa in November 2019.

Hi there!
It’s amazing how we have similar intentions. With the whole school stuff, taking over from your parents when you graduate, change of course, everything lol!!!!
Honestly, as long as your reasons are justifiable, you’re good to go!
All the best smiley

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2019
makano:
Mr Man, SOP isnt compulsory but very necessary. We have seen peeps here getting their TRV without any SOP but that doesn't mean you not submitting an SOP will work for you.. Canadian embassy does not conduct Interviews for applicants(Except on very rare occasions) unlike USA. So its ur SOP u will use to sell ursef to the Visa Offcier, so I will advise u write an SOP and if u have been refused before, U will also need to write an LOE.. And to the Questionnaire, please dnt let me get angry with you, u said u need an already filled form to fill urs, were u serious or Joking there? *Its peeps like u that use expo to write exam, so when u eventually get to Canada now, u will be looking for someone that have finished his papers in an exam hall so he can give u his answer sheet for u to write his answers*... Common please stop this and do the right thing.. Ur present situation/condition is different from any other person's situation so u dnt need another person's own to write yours.. Like its being called Questionnaire, so u just have to answer those questions as it relates to you. These question was for Austacus but I just had to answer, cos anybody can answer.. Peace

To the expo part, honestly that wasn’t necessary at all. Let’s be mindful of the way we reply people. I don’t see anything wrong with asking for a sample, it’s the same way people ask for SOP samples to draft theirs.

Please let’s learn to breathe a bit before answering questions. Some replies are just too harsh biko.

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 11:26am On Apr 18, 2019
emmaxman:
House Pls, I requested for my transcript so that I can add it to my documents to present for SP. Now, the Sch said they either send it to my Canadian Sch or the visa office.
Pls, how best do I get to input it into my docs.
I want to get it by hand and add it to docs I need to present.
Another thing, is it advisable to take medical upfront?

Schools usually don’t give out official copies to students. But you can get the students’ copy
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 11:21pm On Apr 15, 2019
Timothyphillips:

....How much did u pay?

I did mine in Port Harcourt. As at then, I paid N1500

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 10:06pm On Apr 15, 2019
Timothyphillips:

.....thanks 2roodi...
Please how did you go about it?

You’re welcome.
I went to a court, told them my situation and it was done.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 2:19pm On Apr 15, 2019
Timothyphillips:

@Bracha-thanks.....I go try!
Please if a candidate has different certificates with the names not been arranged properly, what should the candidate do to regularise (e.g WAEC has ABC as names, NECO has ACB as names, BSC has BAC as names, NYSC has BCA as names)?
Thanks People

I had the same issue. What I did was swear an affidavit stating that all names belong to one and the same person and that I now wish to be addressed as........(as it is on my Int’l passport and birth certificate)
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2019
sashaa:

Thanks a lot.

You is a guru here��

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 12:22am On Apr 14, 2019
adeyusuf2000:

Good Morning bro,

Many thanks for all you guidance provided on this platform. I just send you an email, Kindly reply with your whatsapp contact as i will be need your assistance on my Visa application. I just gained admission at Cambrian College to study IT Business Analysis. Thanks in Anticipation

Yayyyy another prospective student of Cambrian College lol....congratulations on your admission and I wish you a successful visa application as well. See you soon smiley

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 11:07pm On Apr 13, 2019
sashaa:

Alright, thanks

You’re welcome
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 8:22pm On Apr 13, 2019
sashaa:

Please what of Abuja? Any idea?

Oh sorry, I don’t know about Abuja. Try googling it
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2019
042viber12:
Quick one, I plan on doing the medicals hopeful before Wednesday. Qlife is my choice...i want to ask, how long does it take to get the result updated on my cic account plus wen I get my passport request, must I go Immediately to submit at vfs cos I want to travel for my bro wedding...just need to know the passport request doesn't have a deadline for the passport to be submitted

Your passport must be submitted within 30 days
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 7:04pm On Apr 12, 2019
favoured247:
Please house where can one get d address and locations of where one can do biometrics?

VFS Global, Lagos;
Manor house, 110 Ayinla Admiral way, Lekki phase 1.

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)