Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,444 members, 7,830,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club (29611 Views)

Poll: Are You In Support Of This Action By The G.O

Yes: 35% (40 votes)
No: 64% (74 votes)
This poll has ended

Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic / Gov Kwankwaso Floats Private Army, Relegates Hisbah Guard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by JomoGbomo2(m): 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2009
@ikeyman and Tudor, this is not abt ethcin diatribe or personal tirade,

the argument is simple, daddy RCCG should begin to touch the lives of his flocks not only by giving them false hope aka spiriual help, we should start seeing the impact of his teaching in the live of every common redeemer,

This country does not need "men of God using space shuttle of private jets" now when their followers are languishing in hunger and helplessness, we need Men that would do what they preach and show it by examples too.

How will it sound if daddy RCCG asks those member of club70 and club 10 or what to start sponsoring less priviledge students to school, the orphanages and the rest questions as raised below.

How come God is only "demanding" and "wanting" money?

1. When will God demand that 1,000 poor RCCG members with diabetes be given insulin treatment?
2. When will God demand that 1,000 poor RCCG couples who cannot afford a lavish wedding a la RCCG, will be wedded without much fanfare?
3. When will God demand that 1,000 unemployed RCCG youths be given jobs?
4. When will God demand that 1,000 poor RCCG members who have defaulted in paying their rents be given money to pay at least one-year of rent to prevent them being homeless?
5. When will God demand that 1,000 poor RCCG members in police detention be afforded lawyers to expedite their cases and return to freedom?

I would like to suggest that we remove sentiments from this but the truth is that religion is synonymous to sentiments, its difficult to see through the sheild religion.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by nex(m): 9:21pm On Aug 11, 2009
If there is N3 billion in RCCG, will it serve a more heavenly purpose to give 1,000 teenagers in RCCG full scholarships to go to college or to buy a private jet for the prophet of God to cruise around the globe in style?

Haba my people, use your brains even if It's once in a while.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 11, 2009
@ Jakumo, Tudor and Richy.

Why are you guys critisizing god man of god?
I wont be suprised if the holy ghostfire arrests you guys along lagos expressway and without delay sends you to meet Onovo for an interview, after which you may be lined up and shot like yusuf of Boko haram. tongue

Watch your mouths cos demi god has spoken. angry
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by RichyBlacK(m): 9:25pm On Aug 11, 2009
nex:

@Richyblack

you're going too far by asking what Daddy G. O should do for Nigeria. Ask what he should do for the suffering, the sick and the poor who make up the majority of RCCG.

@nex,

That's what I'm asking o. After all the poor RCCG members are still Nigerians.

Last time I checked, the entire Lagos State had only two functional MRI machines in private hospitals.

Can RCCG establish a hospital that would specialize in diagnosing diseases? One huge problem today in Nigeria is that diagnosis is very poor. When somebody dies in Naija and you dare ask about "diagnosis", you are viewed either as an ITK or someone who just likes to ask irrelevant questions. Most Nigerians are still happy to attribute all deaths to juju or that wicked old witch in the village. Of course this creates more opportunity for pastors to pray against witchcraft and untimely death, and later ask for the all-important tithe offering!

The first step to curing an ailment is to know it is exactly is behind the illness. For Lagos, everything na typhoid! angry
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by bawomolo(m): 9:30pm On Aug 11, 2009
nuzo:

@ Jakumo, Tudor and Richy.

Why are you guys critisizing god man of god?
I wont be suprised to if the holy ghost fire arrests you guys along lagos expressway and without delay sends you to meet Onovo for an interview, after which you may be lined up and shot like yusuf of Boko haram. tongue

Watch your mouths cos demi god has spoken. angry

ha you are mistaking RCCG with MFM.  Adeboye employs more refined extortion tactics  cheesy
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by asha80(m): 9:33pm On Aug 11, 2009
nex:

If there is N3 billion in RCCG, will it serve a more heavenly purpose to give 1,000 teenagers in RCCG full scholarships to go to college or to buy a private jet for the prophet of God to cruise around the globe in style?

Haba my people, use your brains even if It's once in a while.

What are you talking about?When with his plane he can fly to heaven to receive messages directly from God.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by bawomolo(m): 9:38pm On Aug 11, 2009
sleek_p:

On behalf of G.O I must remind you its not church policy to do the above.

Of course it isn't. that's why groups like the catholic charities organization should be commended.

One thing though. Community involvement is a role of the church and what's a better way to get involved than promoting healthcare? Should a church keep shut while the community around it is decaying?
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by playahP(m): 9:39pm On Aug 11, 2009
PLEASE READ THIS PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there are people suffering and dieing everyday,
if you have been blessed by God, use the money to give to the poor,
go to hospitals and clear peoples medical bills,
for GOD SAID THAT WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR BROTHER, YOU DO UNTO ME,

i am not spiritually inclined but i know what is good and bad,

there are already churches in Europe and all those countries he is planning to expand to so those people can be saved by the churches over there, LIVES CAN BE TOUCHED BY HELPING THOSE WHO NEED IT, ANY MAN WITH AN EMPTY POCKET WON'T REALLY  CARE ABOUT YOUR PREACHING,

OPEN YOUR EYES COS GOD IS WATCHING, PEOPLE HAVE CANCER, AIDS AND OPERATIONS WAITING TO BE DONE, HELP THEM INSTEAD OF XPANDING THE CHURCH TO OTHER PLACES COS THERE ARE ALREADY CHURCHES THERE, IF YOU WANNA EXPAND THEN GO TO IRAQ, IRAN AND COUNTRIES THAT ARE WAR TORN COS THEY NEED HEALING,

PLEASE I APPEAL TO ANYBODY WITH SUCH MONEY TO VISIT PRISONS AND HOSPITALS, PLEASE
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 11, 2009
bawomolo:

ha you are mistaking RCCG with MFM.  Adeboye employs more refined extortion tactics  cheesy

Like asking "god" to miraculiously siphon all the fuel in their cars whenever they are plying on the lagos expressway? Of which will make them seek refuge and deliverance in the nearby redemption camp.
And after the deliverance, they will be hypnotized into being part of the millioniare's club.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by nex(m): 9:39pm On Aug 11, 2009
Messages directing him of when and how frequently club 1,000 should be called to duty.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by bawomolo(m): 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2009
nex:

Messages directing him of when and how frequently club 1,000 should be called to duty.

he has been anointed to have a personal relationship with God. do not question his methods.

nuzo:

Like asking "god" to miraculiously siphon all the fuel in their cars whenever they are plying on the lagos expressway? Of which will make them seek refuge and deliverance in the nearby redemption camp.
And after the deliverance, they will be hypnotized into being part of the millioniare's club.

and then charged 10 naira to use the camps toilet facilities. all these to spread the increasingly costly word of God.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Agbotoba(m): 9:49pm On Aug 11, 2009
Watch what you say about men of God.It might boomerang later in life.
I have spoken.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by mustafar1: 9:51pm On Aug 11, 2009
what a dilema. you attend a church function. you have only N20 in ur pocket. u r hungry, u need to use the bathroom cos u have an upset stomach, yet you also want to donate when the offering basket passes by.

Agbotoba:

Watch what you say about men of God.It might boomerang later in life.
I have spoken.

who are you? identify urself
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by playahP(m): 10:00pm On Aug 11, 2009
even jesus fed his sheep, REMEMBER THAT JESUS NEVER HAD NOTHING,

JESUS RODE ASS INSTEAD OF HORSE
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by ikeyman00(m): 10:06pm On Aug 11, 2009
@@@@@@@@@@@@

when will god demand that all looters die in office table
?

pls pastor oga Adeboye have vision on that

abi na only micheal jeackson and north korea u fit see
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by erico2k2(m): 10:34pm On Aug 11, 2009
Im surprised to see people encourage such practice on here, I would think if you have ever been in a church abroad you will think different, are our churches better than those abroad? you will never hear anyone raising issues as to ask members to give I million oh boy God I beg oh take control.PS,Im waiting for anyone who can guide me by the scriptures and quote me where there was similar case in the bible where a sum of money was agreed to be paid and delegated to members by a preacher/pastor or a priest, I dey wait oH
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 10:55pm On Aug 11, 2009
@JomoGbomo.
Believe me this is personal.
This charade has gone on for too long and people are ignoring this in the name of "touch not my anointed".
The man has become so bold and brazen in recent years that he thinks nobody can question him. . . .imagine him charging N1O to N20 each time you wanna use toilets and bathrooms at the camp ground. I mean for hells' sake, who taxes the poor man when he wants to take a bloody shite?!?
must_a_far:

what a dilema. you attend a church function. you have only N20 in ur pocket. u r hungry, u need to use the bathroom cos u have an upset stomach, yet you also want to donate when the offering basket passes by.
Sadly this is the real life experience of many RCCG members,  I weep for my country!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by RichyBlacK(m): 11:12pm On Aug 11, 2009
playah P:

PLEASE READ THIS PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there are people suffering and dieing everyday,
if you have been blessed by God, use the money to give to the poor,
go to hospitals and clear peoples medical bills,
for GOD SAID THAT WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR BROTHER, YOU DO UNTO ME,

i am not spiritually inclined but i know what is good and bad,

there are already churches in Europe and all those countries he is planning to expand to so those people can be saved by the churches over there, LIVES CAN BE TOUCHED BY HELPING THOSE WHO NEED IT, ANY MAN WITH AN EMPTY POCKET WON'T REALLY  CARE ABOUT YOUR PREACHING,

OPEN YOUR EYES COS GOD IS WATCHING, PEOPLE HAVE CANCER, AIDS AND OPERATIONS WAITING TO BE DONE, HELP THEM INSTEAD OF XPANDING THE CHURCH TO OTHER PLACES COS THERE ARE ALREADY CHURCHES THERE, IF YOU WANNA EXPAND THEN GO TO IRAQ, IRAN AND COUNTRIES THAT ARE WAR TORN COS THEY NEED HEALING,

PLEASE I APPEAL TO ANYBODY WITH SUCH MONEY TO VISIT PRISONS AND HOSPITALS, PLEASE

Story! They won't listen to you na.

They're more interested in screaming "my God is not a poor God but a rich God", which really translates to "my God doesn't bother with poor people, their wahala too much jare - where the Hummer abeg?" grin
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 11, 2009
Please what is the role of the church in the society? sad Churches establish schools,e.g Convenant,Redeemers University,Bowen,etc that even their members and some of the pastors cannot send their wards to.I am a bible believing christian and i feel the church has let the society down.With a vibrant church like the Nigerian one,there shouldn't even be crises like d Niger delta issue because thechurch should be a mediator.The men of God are enjoying,riding big cars in convoy, while d members trek home or are packed like sardine in commuter buses.Its is just unfair angry[color=#770077][/color].The church has become worldly, worshipping mammon,the Ashteroth and Baal of our time.Do not be surprised if some people go to hell for being too prosperous,either as xtians or not.We need a revival.it is frustrating.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Omojeje1: 11:49pm On Aug 11, 2009
I just want to say to you Tudor, you are blind spiritually. That is why Jesus said, Father forgive them for their no not what their are doing wink
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by 9ja4eva: 12:07am On Aug 12, 2009
Wow, I can not be fooled.

God is good
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 12, 2009
whts all these talk abput club 1000 and the like? i believe it is good to give to God if one has the means but i want us to know tht many of those who do give cannot help their citizens who genuinely need help. i happen to be one. i needed $850 to process a scholarship to study intl. relations by the university of southcentral california but couldnt raise it. no one volunteered to help even in my parish. am a redeem member. God knows o! i still need help but none forthcoming.maybe some millionaires here can help. i can be reached thru 07061523330.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by RichyBlacK(m): 1:10am On Aug 12, 2009
JaiyeJeje:

Please what is the role of the church in the society? sad Churches establish schools,e.g Convenant,Redeemers University,Bowen,etc that even their members and some of the pastors cannot send their wards to.I am a bible believing christian and i feel the church has let the society down.With a vibrant church like the Nigerian one,there shouldn't even be crises like d Niger delta issue because thechurch should be a mediator.The men of God are enjoying,riding big cars in convoy, while d members trek home or are packed like sardine in commuter buses.Its is just unfair angry[color=#770077][/color].The church has become worldly, worshipping mammon,the Ashteroth and Baal of our time.Do not be surprised if some people go to hell for being too prosperous,either as xtians or not.We need a revival.it is frustrating.

Thank you my fellow brethren in the Lord!

The church today in Nigeria has been hijacked by people who are more concerned with getting connected with the wealthy thieves in the society than with helping the orphans, the widows, the prisoners, the homeless and the poor.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by na2day2(m): 1:23am On Aug 12, 2009
@ OP

God don suffer for nigerians hands. na only club 1000, why not club 10,000 embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by SEFAGO(m): 2:01am On Aug 12, 2009
I wakaka everywhere in Africa, I wakaka everywhere in Africa, I go to every village in Africa, my people dey cry and dey go sing Amen Amen Amen. Suffering and smiling, na your fault me that- fela kuti
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by lannre(m): 2:33am On Aug 12, 2009
God is all knowing.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by nikky5(m): 3:12am On Aug 12, 2009
Candid speaking I found it shocking to read this post concerning what Daddy G.O. said on holy ghost night in this forum.I pity the poster and the babblers who wagged their tongues and cast aspersions on men of God.these are people that do not have the fear of God and are still gropping in the dark.No doubt Redeem is the fastest growing church in Africa and in the world.Go and see the new auditorium in the RCCG camp built without demanding any levy from any member.Besides the church is blessed with millionaires and one of such parishes is the CITY OF DAVID.Pastor Adeboye did not asked the government to give him money neither did he ask any bank for loan facility.so why the hullabaloo about the millionaire club when the millionaires are in the church already.He told the members what the projects on ground. Pray that God makes you one because it is the voice of povery that is crying out from these babblers.Be warned, Jesus said by the words of your mouth you shall be justified or condemn.May the good Lord have mercy on the enemies of the Lord's servants.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by mbulela: 4:16am On Aug 12, 2009
nikky5:

Candid speaking I found it shocking to read this post concerning what Daddy G.O. said on holy ghost night in this forum.I pity the poster and the babblers who wagged their tongues and cast aspersions on men of God.these are people that do not have the fear of God and are still gropping in the dark.No doubt Redeem is the fastest growing church in Africa and in the world.Go and see the new auditorium in the RCCG camp built without demanding any levy from any member.Besides the church is blessed with millionaires and one of such parishes is the CITY OF DAVID.Pastor Adeboye did not asked the government to give him money neither did he ask any bank for loan facility.so why the hullabaloo about the millionaire club when the millionaires are in the church already.He told the members what the projects on ground. Pray that God makes you one because it is the voice of povery that is crying out from these babblers.Be warned, Jesus said by the words of your mouth you shall be justified or condemn.May the good Lord have mercy on the enemies of the Lord's servants.
I am a Christian and attend Redeemed regularly but i put it to you that you comments are irrelevant.
what use is the massive auditorium in the camp when their are people who can barely feed in the congegrgation?
what use are all these projects when they are all centered around edifices that massage the human ego?
we are told that God does not swell in houses built by human hands, so what is the essence of all these projects upon projects?
schools and universities that wards of members cannot afford yet it was built from their offerings and tithes.
how about donating an MRI in each local govt in lagos state and one in each other state of the federation?
tangible projects that will touch the live of people and bring succor to the oppressed while also giving them the light of the gospel.
i know that RCCG does its bit but it can do so much more with the wealth at its disposal.
all these edifices, building projects and gulf streams will not account for anything in heaven.
i am a Christian but the state of the church especially the pentecostal church in Nigeria in particular is appalling.
do not bunch me together with the lot just criticizing the GO for the fun of it and for the sake of making fun of the faith.
but the fact is that display of wealth,opulence and materialism in the Naija church is sickening to say the least.
by the way, God will also have mercy on his servants.we all need it.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Chiddysville(m): 4:28am On Aug 12, 2009
@nikky5
never you boast of material things or earthly possessions of your church. Is your own brand of christianity or bible different? Even Jesus became poor so that we will be rich. God never said we should love our buildings or auditoriums rather He mandated us to love our neighbour as our ourselves. Just imagine a society where the words of God are preached and practised. We (the church) have failed God but it is never too late. Let me ask you, had it been the early christians were selfish as we are right now, are you gonna be where you are today? The truth is that we cannot give God who we cant see money. The God we can see is our neighbour, the poor, the widows, the fatherless, the rejected and the needy in the society. Most of us boasting today of being where we are now was actually delivered out of the pangs of poverty by the early missionaries through free education. Have you asked yourself how many poor people are being fed and given free education today? Why cant we do that for the next generation. No wonder the bible said in the last days, men will be lovers of themselves.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Chiddysville(m): 4:28am On Aug 12, 2009
@nikky5
never you boast of material things or earthly possessions of your church. Is your own brand of christianity or bible different? Even Jesus became poor so that we will be rich. God never said we should love our buildings or auditoriums rather He mandated us to love our neighbour as our ourselves. Just imagine a society where the words of God are preached and practised. We (the church) have failed God but it is never too late. Let me ask you, had it been the early christians were selfish as we are right now, are you gonna be where you are today? The truth is that we cannot give God who we cant see money. The God we can see is our neighbour, the poor, the widows, the fatherless, the rejected and the needy in the society. Most of us boasting today of being where we are now was actually delivered out of the pangs of poverty by the early missionaries through free education. Have you asked yourself how many poor people are being fed and given free education today? Why cant we do that for the next generation. No wonder the bible said in the last days, men will be lovers of themselves.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Chiddysville(m): 4:36am On Aug 12, 2009
Oh God, save us. The early church was never like this. Hmmm,
If men were God,
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by SEFAGO(m): 5:11am On Aug 12, 2009
^ ^^^Nikky5, abeg shattap there

"No doubt Redeem is the fastest growing church in Africa and in the world.Go and see the new auditorium in the RCCG camp built without demanding any levy from any member'

Congrats Africa. No notable company or business has come out of Africa, but our religious industry is booming. Despite the recession grappling the world, major religious institutions like Redeem Ltd, MFM & Co, Deeper life communications,Cele, Cherry Boom and Serafum industries are flourishing. Their reserves are strong and growing. Infact, these industries have decided to expand and become multinationals. Their award winning slogan "suffer suffer for world, enjoyment for heaven" keeps increasing their pockets. However like the characters in Animal farm, the CEOs of these multinational religious companies do not keep to the slogans. It remains for the  Nigerian government and the smart ones amongst us to wisen up, and begin to reap the benefits of this emerging and innovative industry. For one, I propose that Redeem and those other churches  should capitalise by becoming listed in the Nigerian stock exchange, as well as the london stock exchange and New York stock exchange.  

Imagine the possibilities. Mergers and acquisition of various religious institutions could create one mega church. Before you know it, Nigeria would become renowned for its religious organizations. I see $$$. And the market is large. There are so many mugu nigerians that consume what the churches produce, that it would take hundreds of years b4 consumer forget they have been boboed. Man massive ponzi scheme You guys this is a great investment opportunity. Stop complaining and let us talk of how we can get our own share. As I said if we cannot beat them, join and surpass them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Girl Killed In Aba Yesterday During The Search For IPOB Members / David Mark, Lamido, Dankwambo To Step Down For Tambuwal ‘within 48 Hours’ - SR / President Buhari Shows Off His 10-year Security Enhanced E-passport (pics, Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.