Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club (29575 Views)

Poll: Are You In Support Of This Action By The G.O

Yes: 35% (40 votes)
No: 64% (74 votes)
This poll has ended

Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic / Gov Kwankwaso Floats Private Army, Relegates Hisbah Guard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by ChiefS(m): 4:09pm On Aug 11, 2009
TUDOR,
Stop insulting the man of God.You are not forced to give.Lest you be smitten with a plague.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by nex(m): 4:12pm On Aug 11, 2009
@jakumo

I've been on WAP all along, so I didn't get to see the pics you've been posting. brother, these are eveil. Even for a 419 man of God, this is going to far.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by switch47(m): 4:14pm On Aug 11, 2009
THE CHURCH!!

The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) has a vision to spread the Word of God to the ends of the earth. It is a Bible believing church, where the teaching and a missionary approach emphasize the proper conduct and moral behavior of people. The church has an appeal to all types of people worldwide, with a determination to teach people in their various geographical areas, stages of secular life and levels of spiritual development.

The General Overseer of the church is Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

The church was founded in 1952 and since then, the church has grown to over 5,000 parishes worldwide with a total congregational strength of over one million people.

Presently, there are established missions in many African countries, as well as Europe, Asia, the United States, the Caribbean, Canada, South America and Australia.

RCCG has also been involved in establishing schools, rehabilitation centers, child care and support centers.

http://www.rccgna.org/church.asp
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 4:17pm On Aug 11, 2009
Mowire:

Sorry. Did you say you read the post? How come you did not see that the LESS PRIVILEDGED IN THEIR MIDST are not expected to be members of the club? Guess you need to be far more patient and reflect a little bit more before reaching some conclusion that may not Glorify the Lord.

May be for the sake of the brethren who are unneccessarily outraged (because of the caption), one is tempted to point out that it is more sensible to to have the very rich in the church bear a substantial portion of the development cost of the church than to Tax the whole church, of which the "less Priviledged" are in the majority, endlessly.

Oh so now you agree that the less privileged are in the majority. . .please do tell me, what is daddy 419 doing for them?
He bought a N3bn luxury jet inaddition to building a N7bn church auditorium yet you still have the effontry and pride to declare that the less privileged are in the majority.
How many of them can afford his mega expensive schools even they are persuaded to buy his crappy books yet some can't even feed?

The kind of arrangement reported in the post has always been in the RCCG (in the time of Pst Adeboye as GO at least). There has always been the Convenant Partners project that is in various arms and involved different areas of the church's life: Convenant partners in prayer is one of them, in which your money does not matter.

So he and pastor chris are in the same business of having "covenant partners" right?
Show me where in the bible it says clearly that you should have "covenant partners"??
These dolts would invent several wierd covenants not even mentioned in the bible. Damn!
As for looters being large contributors to the church through this sort of arrangement:

1) I feel sorry for those who are too "POOR" to see that you can be a multi-millionaire so comfortable as to be capable of doling out tens of million of any denomination regularly without being a Treasury Looter, or any criminal of any sort. (I'm yet to hear of which treasury people like Bill Gates looted, and I'm yet to see any looter as rich as him)
I'm yet to see any "covenant partner " or tithe and offering payer as rich as him.

Even daddy 419 with all his crimes wouldn't smell him.
2) This good man has always shared testimonies of refusing money/donations from questionable sources. claims without rebuttals.

Yet OBJ dropped offerings in the basket each time he visited the camp ground, OBJ even gave him a special import waiver yet we didn't see daddy crook reject it.
Daddy will go to birthday parties for OBJ to go and eat free rice- what a greedy man!
See how this thread is growing? After,  they will say the man is not a Legend grin
He's a legend in his own right, one of the greatest crooks this country has ever seen.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Jakumo(m): 4:19pm On Aug 11, 2009
"  And yea I sayeth verily unto thee, that the Man of Cloth doest deserveth all riches bestowed upon him in the name of Jeeesus, and shalt not spendeth yon gold and silver in vain. "  Amen.  

" Sharest thee thine plundered loot, O harvesters of Nigeria, and the salvation of the Good Lord awaiteth thee at the Redeemed Camp of Nigeria, as surely as the glorious dawn followeth the darkest of nights."

:  The Thoughts of  Big Daddy Eunuch.   Chapter 5, Verse 14    

Oooooh yeah.   Can you feel it ?  Can you feel the spirit y'all ?    Let me hear somebody HALLA Hallelujah !

Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 4:21pm On Aug 11, 2009
ChiefS:

TUDOR,
Stop insulting the man of God.You are not forced to give.Lest you be smitten with a plague.
Am i supposed to be trembling with fear or what?
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by switch47(m): 4:23pm On Aug 11, 2009
THE CHURCH!!

The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) has a vision to spread the Word of God to the ends of the earth. It is a Bible believing church, where the teaching and a missionary approach emphasize the proper conduct and moral behavior of people. The church has an appeal to all types of people worldwide, with a determination to teach people in their various geographical areas, stages of secular life and levels of spiritual development.

The General Overseer of the church is Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

The church was founded in 1952 and since then, the church has grown to over 5,000 parishes worldwide with a total congregational strength of over one million people.

Presently, there are established missions in many African countries, as well as Europe, Asia, the United States, the Caribbean, Canada, South America and Australia.

RCCG has also been involved in establishing schools, rehabilitation centers, child care and support centers.

http://www.rccgna.org/church.asp
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by blacksta(m): 4:28pm On Aug 11, 2009
Tudór:

Oh so now you agree that the less privileged are in the majority. . .please do tell me, what is daddy 419 doing for them?
He bought a N3bn luxury jet inaddition to building a N7bn church auditorium yet you still have the effontry and pride to declare that the less privileged are in the majority.
How many of them can afford his mega expensive schools even they are persuaded to buy his crappy books yet some can't even feed?

So he and pastor chris are in the same business of having "covenant partners" right?
Show me where in the bible it says clearly that you should have "covenant partners"??
These dolts would invent several wierd covenants not even mentioned in the bible. Damn!I'm yet to see any "covenant partner " or tithe and offering payer as rich as him.

I am not member of RCCG so this my personal opioion

Let it go  - Let God himself Judge. - Any true Christian will not fall for any church gimmicks
off topic

I never knew atheists knew the content of a bible .
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Mowire: 4:37pm On Aug 11, 2009
@Topsy25
How many people did you share your meal with today? Okay, how many poor people in the church have you invited to live in your house til they are able to fend for themselves?

It's so easy to be a critic.

That there are areas that we feel the church should concentrate more effort on does not mean that the areas the GO is tackling, or his style of tackling them, should be ignored or condemned seeing (at least from my own perspective) that they are necessary for the vision of the church.

@Tudor, you should know that I won't want to reckon with people like you so much on a subject like this.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by audio: 4:42pm On Aug 11, 2009
As a Christian, i find stories like this very upsetting. In Nigeria, The Church is a business like any other. A brand to be exploited. Pastor Adeboye, like Idahosa (who set the template) has obviously found the winning formula. Good luck to him. He is obviously not a man of God. Anyone who calls himself a dedicated servant, but is still worried about worldly possessions (ie Private Jets) when people are starving all over Nigeria is as far as I'm concerned a false prophet.

Anyway, everyone shall be judged independently when the time comes, so we go see how far
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by domwas2(m): 4:46pm On Aug 11, 2009
Ac 8:18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
Ac 8:20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by dave07(m): 4:48pm On Aug 11, 2009
Where is the man who started this post? what about the journalist who could only pick yhis from a week-long program, what are their goals? Greatness comes with some price and fools will always make mockery of anything! I strongly believe everyone should adopt kobojunkie position- keep out of this thread, let fools continue blabbering, the thread will die naturally. it doesnt deserve this long discourse! REFUSE TO BE A FOOL! God bless you all
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2009
blacksta:

I am not member of RCCG so this my personal opioion

Let it go  - Let God himself Judge. - Any true Christian will not fall for any church gimmicks

Thats the same thing they were saying about Rev. King till the lunatic killed a church member.
Even in prison some members still go to worship with him. . .
off topic

I never knew atheists knew the content of a bible .
is the bible not a story book like all others?
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by anonimi: 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2009
Gbomojomo2
i will only want him to start asking his followers where they get their money from before collecting it from them espeacially the public office holder amogst them

Daday GO no fit see that kin vision, na im fit stop da flow of filthy lucre while the nation languishes in darkness, unemployment, roberries, kidnapping etc.
Someone shout hallelujah!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 11, 2009
Religion is now a tool.
As long as the pastor says it, it stands, no arguments.
People have sold their reasoning abilities to their pastors.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by BlackRevo: 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2009
dave07:

Where is the man who started this post? what about the journalist who could only pick yhis from a week-long program, what are their goals? Greatness comes with some price and fools will always make mockery of anything! I strongly believe everyone should adopt kobojunkie position- keep out of this thread, let fools continue blabbering, the thread will die naturally. it doesnt deserve this long discourse! REFUSE TO BE A FOOL! God bless you all

Yeah i am here do you have any problem or question you want to ask me?
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Mowire: 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2009
audio:

As a Christian, i find stories like this very upsetting. In Nigeria, The Church is a business like any other. A brand to be exploited. Pastor Adeboye, like Idahosa (who set the template) has obviously found the winning formula. Good luck to him. He is obviously not a man of God. Anyone who calls himself a dedicated servant, but is still worried about worldly possessions (ie Private Jets) when people are starving all over Nigeria is as far as I'm concerned a false prophet.

Anyway, everyone shall be judged independently when the time comes, so we go see how far

What kind of "a Christian", really are you? It looks to me like you are reacting to the caption and not the content of the post. That is why you made such sweeping condemnation. If I were you I will guard my salvation far more jealously so that the accuser will not have such against me as bearing false witness (it looks as weighty as murder).

May be you can just go over the post again and also investigate the person of Pst Adeboye more closely. We may not agree with all of his styles but we should be cautious of the intent and manner of our comments on peolple like him.

Hey, @Jakumo have your fun grin. I have a strong feeling that you are not as mischievious (bad) as you portray yourself, so I see you in that light as of one just having fun. But once again the man's name is ENOCH ADEJARE ADEBOYE.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Mortiple(m): 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2009
@dave07
God bless you!  I refuse to be a FOOL!!  

Is it not absurd that some suspected Yahoo boys would come on Nairaland to talk about issues they know nothing about.  Spiritual things are foolishness to them that are perishing.

As a free moral agent, I have chosen to "spend and be spent for Christ" under the leadership of my daddy G.O., Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye.  God bless him!

Let somebody shout Hallelujah!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by candylips(m): 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2009
Mortiple:

As a free moral agent, I have chosen to "spend and be spent for Christ" under the leadership of my daddy G.O., Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye.  God bless him!

Which account does all these money go. What some people are looking for is accountability . Pastors can't just keep asking for donations and then don't account for it.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Chiddysville(m): 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2009
@ mowire and switch47,
trying to justify having a club for some special breeds in the house of God is unbiblical. Don't you read your bible? Don't you know that what we have all belongs to God and are only being borrowed from Him? What happens to the widows mite? How do you people want the 'unimportant' poor breeds to feel? Everyone wants to feel a sense of belonging and dividing the house of God between the rich and the poor is not acceptable. If we are truly christians and confirmed followers of Jesus, then let us all follow His footsteps.
On you having missions in Canada, UK, US etc is inconsequential. The question is what has your mission done for  less priviledged and the down trodden in the society? Remember, Jesus COMMANDED us to love our neighbour as ourselves. Our neighbour could be people of other faith, denominations, the rejected etc. The University the RCCG built, how many of the children of the poor are attending the school? You should bear in mind they and their wards contributed toward establishing the school. Today, it has been hijacked by the rich. So tell me bro, where is the love?
I still maintain, it is the responsibility of the church to dip their hands into the church savings and start paying the poor in order to alleviate their sufferings in this trying times in order for them to remain steadfast in the lord.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Witi(m): 5:28pm On Aug 11, 2009
May Ogun the god of Iron slaughter everyone of you insulting the Man of God. angry sad shocked embarassed
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by candylips(m): 5:28pm On Aug 11, 2009
@Chiddysville
my guy you are absolutely spot on. Instead these churches seem to be extorting from these very poor people they are supposed to be helping.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2009
Witi:

May Ogun the god of Iron slaughter everyone of you insulting the Man of God. angry sad shocked embarassed
I claim it in jesus name! Amen.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2009
Witi:

I claim it in jesus name! Amen.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by RichyBlacK(m): 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2009
Total rubbish!

These so-called "new-generation" churches are frauds! Uselessness of the highest order!

What are they going to use all the money for? Buy another jet for their CEO?

When the "old-generation" churches like Baptists, Anglicans, Catholics and Presbyterian helped societies in many ways, especially building schools and hospitals in many parts of rural Nigeria, these fraudulent churches just want to squeeze their members dry by telling them to pay tithes, which only go to enrich their board of directors.

These churches are part of the problem facing Nigeria! From exploiting the high illiteracy rates in Nigeria by telling dirt-poor and illiterate parents to pay huge sums of money to liberate their children from witchcraft to encouraging the thousands of politicians that worship with them to keep stealing money from the treasury to enrich the church coffers.

RCCG is probably the worst culprit! We all know that thousands of politicians and so-called "businessmen" attend these churches. However, no pastor in RCCG has the courage to look into the eyes of these kleptomaniacs and tell them to their ugly faces that their actions are ruining the nation; that their penchant to steal government funds and engage in illegal "deals" will never help the country. They will never do that because they're afraid that the millions and billions they get as "tithes" and "offerings" will dry out should they call the thieves by their names.

Many of the members of these churches are very poor and in very bad states of health. Is their a charity arm of any of these churches? No! They're simply for-profit businesses, out to make money and increase the wealth of their board members.

That so many Nigerians are being fooled by these churches is a testimony to widespread illiteracy and dangerous servitude, that dulls the mind and substitutes real discussions/actions/concerns of the ills of the Nigerian society with empty talks of "salvation"!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by BlackRevo: 5:35pm On Aug 11, 2009
Mowire:

What kind of "a Christian", really are you? It looks to me like you are reacting to the caption and not the content of the post. That is why you made such sweeping condemnation. If I were you I will guard my salvation far more jealously so that the accuser will not have such against me as bearing false witness (it looks as weighty as murder).

May be you can just go over the post again and also investigate the person of Pst Adeboye more closely. We may not agree with all of his styles but we should be cautious of the intent and manner of our comments on peolple like him.

Hey, @Jakumo have your fun grin. I have a strong feeling that you are not as mischievious (bad) as you portray yourself, so I see you in that light as of one just having fun. But once again the man's name is ENOCH ADEJARE ADEBOYE.

Can you please explain more about the bolded above and i think you should read the story of ( David and prophet nathan) also try to read about the (rebuke samuel gave to king saul).

And Please before you start  quoting touch not my anointed, That verse was meant for the kings and prophets of Israel and not our present generation pastors. The verse does not prevent Christians like us from rebuking our leaders and that touch not was specifically about physical harm to the anointed and prophets of God.

David rebuke and condemned King Saul the anointed of God but he refused to harm him physically according to that verse.

And don't tell me we are not to Judge so check this article out.

Question: "What does the Bible mean that we are not to judge others?"

Answer: This is an issue that has confused many people. On one hand, we are commanded by the Lord Jesus, “Do not judge, or you too will be judged” (Matthew 7:1). On the other hand, the Bible also exhorts us to beware of evildoers and false prophets and to avoid those who practice all kinds of evil. How are we to discern who these people are if we do not make some kind of judgment about them?

Christians are often accused of "judging" whenever they speak out against a sinful activity. However, that is not the meaning of the Scripture verses that state, "Do not judge." There is a righteous kind of judgment we are supposed to exercise—with careful discernment (John 7:24). When Jesus told us not to judge (Matthew 7:1), He was telling us not to judge hypocritically. Matthew 7:2-5 declares, "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." What Jesus was condemning here was hypocritical, self-righteous judgments of others.

In Matthew 7:2-5, Jesus warns against judging someone else for his sin when you yourself are sinning even worse. That is the kind of judging Jesus commanded us not to do. If a believer sees another believer sinning, it is his Christian duty to lovingly and respectfully confront the person with his sin (Matthew 18:15-17). This is not judging, but rather pointing out the truth in hope—and with the ultimate goal—of bringing repentance in the other person (James 5:20) and restoration to the fellowship. We are to speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15). We are to proclaim what God's Word says about sin. 2 Timothy 4:2 instructs us, "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage — with great patience and careful instruction." We are to "judge" sin, but always with the goal of presenting the solution for sin and its consequences—the Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6).

http://www.gotquestions.org/do-not-judge.html
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Jakumo(m): 5:38pm On Aug 11, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Total rubbish!

These so-called "new-generation" churches are frauds! Uselessness of the highest order!

What are they going to use all the money for? Buy another jet for their CEO?

When the "old-generation" churches like Baptists, Anglicans, Catholics and Presbyterian helped societies in many ways, especially building schools and hospitals in many parts of rural Nigeria, these fraudulent churches just want to squeeze their members dry by telling them to pay tithes, which only go to enrich their board of directors.

These churches are part of the problem facing Nigeria! From exploiting the high illiteracy rates in Nigeria by telling dirt-poor and illiterate parents to pay huge sums of money to liberate their children from witchcraft to encouraging the thousands of politicians that worship with them to keep stealing money from the treasury to enrich the church coffers.

RCCG is probably the worst culprit! We all know that thousands of politicians and so-called "businessmen" attend these churches. However, no pastor in RCCG has the courage to look into the eyes of these kleptomaniacs and tell them to their ugly faces that their actions are ruining the nation; that their penchant to steal government funds and engage in illegal "deals" will never help the country. They will never do that because they're afraid that the millions and billions they get as "tithes" and "offerings" will dry out should they call the thieves by their names.

Many of the members of these churches are very poor and in very bad states of health. Is their a charity arm of any of these churches? No! They're simply for-profit businesses, out to make money and increase the wealth of their board members.

That so many Nigerians are being fooled by these churches is a testimony to widespread illiteracy and dangerous servitude, that dulls the mind and substitutes real discussions/actions/concerns of the ills of the Nigerian society with empty talks of "salvation"!

The hypnotized will read, but not comprehend the above words, which is a good thing for the miracle pastors, their accountants and bankers.  Praise the Lord !
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Fhemmmy: 5:42pm On Aug 11, 2009
The man never put his hands in anyone's pocket.
The people are not even complaining, so let us worry abt the political situation of Nigeria and leave people like Adeboye alone
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by candylips(m): 5:43pm On Aug 11, 2009
hypnotized brainwashed zombies. Do as i do. don't ask any questions God says so God commands so. blah blah blah . . .
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Nija4Life(m): 5:43pm On Aug 11, 2009
Unfortunately the problem is not very much with these pastors and their quest for riches but with the ignorance that is very rife in the Nigerian society. The way forward I think is by regulating religious bodies in order to protect the vulnerable who themselves don't realise how vulnerable they are. Join the debate on this issue here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-304431.0.html
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by sweet7799: 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2009
God i want to belong to dis club plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 6:00pm On Aug 11, 2009
GBAM! GBAM!! GBAM!!! GBAM GBAM!!! GBAM!! [/b]GBAM!!!
RichyBlacK:

Total rubbish!

[b]What are they going to use all the money for? Buy another jet for their CEO?

If it were I who said this, blacksta and mowire would say its because i hate jesus.
But this is coming from a born again christian!

The sad part is adeboye probably attended the free mission schools set up in the old days by the missionaries but the greedy old Arrow sets up his own "mission" school that even the average nigerian can't afford.

The 62 year old kleptomaniac must have received cheap if not free treatment from the hospitals and clinics set up by missionaries in the old days. Instead of him to show some gratitude and do same he prefers to pack his members into a camp ground and ask them to pray for miracle healing at the same time telling them to drop thanksgiving offerings in anticipation for the miracle to come.

If the catholics and early missionaries didn't set up their free clinics, daddy crook would probably be dead long ago and we wouldn't have to be worrying about a scum like him today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills 4 Vigilantes While Others Surrender To Military(photos / Electricity: Uncertainty, As Discos Bid To Pull Out / Private Refineries Licensed By DPR (full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.