Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,430 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

When you choose to be a fool for love. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When you choose to be a fool for love. (47708 Views)

When You Choose To Be A Drama Queen / The Guy That Loves You Or The One You Love: Who Would You Choose? (pic) / (pics)top10 Most Handsome Nairalanders That Should Get You Gawking Like A Fool. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by ariyebaba(m): 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
Where is ''foolinlove'' ?
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by starlingbawa(m): 10:12pm On Jul 03, 2016
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by eph12(m): 10:15pm On Jul 03, 2016
Maybe it's me but anytime I open a thread and it's this tok thread I just close it immediately.
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by iykenathan162(m): 10:18pm On Jul 03, 2016
Toks2008:
A "fool for love" is a phrase used to describe a seemingly willing party who is ready to go all the way to please the other party to the very best of his or her ability.

We all know that love is a figment of imagination and no matter how you profess love to another person,that same person can turn around and rub it on your face and this is why many people are extremely careful in the way they express their affection towards whoever they claim to love just to avoid being called a fool for love.

But the bigger problem lies in trying to be too careful as many people have lost potentially wonderful affairs just because they preempt the motive of the other person who might just be very sincere with them thereby losing that person to another who is ready to be a fool for that same man or woman regardless of the expectations.

I have come to realize that the best way you can have peace in any affair is to risk it all...in other words, become a fool for that man or woman you truly desire..

If you feel like helping your bae through school,business or just buying him or her an expensive gift as well as going an extra mile please go ahead without second guessing or thinking negatively that the person could leave you someday for another.

How many of us have felt like getting an expensive gift for our bae or going the extra mile but have stopped to think "Is he/she really worth it?,what if he/she leaves me eventually?,what if he/she is cheating on me?" and we just change our mind.

If we must have a great affair and a peaceful one at that,we must learn to follow our heart and act towards our bae as if such person will never leave but at the same time, expect them to leave even if you give same the whole world.

The truth is that you don't go into any investment with mediocrity and expect a favourable outcome.

Every love affair is like a profit or loss business investment with an element of risk but deserves our "best" input to succeed and whether it works out or not is a different ball game.

Just follow your heart.

my bae for 2 yrs now is requesting for an android phone since her old phone is given her hell of issues.though the money is not the issue here

but it is wise enough for me to buy that phone for her since I have not married her pls I need yr advice
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Euckybaby(f): 10:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
Issorite
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by idesylvester(m): 10:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
Advice that is meant 4 those born in d year 1805 is what u r giving us in this new century, bros take ur time b4 amadioah locate u!!!

Women of this days eh.. bro I agree with refuse because I refuse to agree
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by olimsySC5: 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2016
ii
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Shobizz(m): 10:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
I go love ooO

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Sirmuel1(m): 10:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
Risk all? God forbid! grin grin grin

Send her through school? Tufiakwa grin grin
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by goingape: 10:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
@ Toks2008 are you trying to tell me to take the risk and spend all my MONEY for just one EEDIOT who at the end may be facking one mechanic while I play the so called FOOL ya is talkingundecided

I think your BRAIN is overclouded with expired pussiessss.

someone please take this mad man to the hospital PLSangry

4 Likes

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by calmG(m): 10:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
Op if you're "a fool for love"... then yoire indeed a big fool...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by goingape: 10:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
iykenathan162:

my bae for 2 yrs now is requesting for an android phone since her old phone is given her hell of issues.though the money is not the issue here

but it is wise enough for me to buy that phone for her since I have not married her pls I need yr advice

when LAST you don buy your mother phone?

when last you buy your sister phone? or her phone never old?

when last you give the needy?

answer this questions and there goes your answer.

2 Likes

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by calmG(m): 10:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
Op if you're "a fool for love"... then you're indeed a big fool...
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by goingape: 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
eph12:
Maybe it's me but anytime I open a thread and it's this tok thread I just close it immediately.
bros I tire ohh!

that guy get acute brain syndrome
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by SAMBATLAN(m): 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
I stopped loving since 2002... Love is cancelled out of my life for now. I want to live long

2 Likes

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 10:58pm On Jul 03, 2016
When we talk about love what comes to our mind should be ..unconcious events because we never choosed to but we do because it is an attraction that leads to affection so it will entail going extra mile that is doing any thing possible to ser that it workes out for the better...so saying that we should be cautious is out of the game..every one has a different name and so different approach..
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Toks2008(m): 10:58pm On Jul 03, 2016
iykenathan162:

Don't allow prejudice cloud your intent. If you have the money pls buy for her.
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Okeycima: 11:01pm On Jul 03, 2016
My man with all due respect for the time you took †̥♥ compose this epistle,all you have written here is based on probability and the probability ☀̤̣̈̇f what you wrote here †̥♥ work is half as it is in the hands ☀̤̣̈̇f Both parties engage in the so called relationship, as the one playing the fool can wake up †̥♥ realize that he is been fool and the one fooling the fool shouldn't turn the fool †̥♥ slave. grin grin grin kiss undecided lipsrsealed
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Toks2008(m): 11:02pm On Jul 03, 2016
idesylvester:
Advice that is meant 4 those born in d year 1805 is what u r giving us in this new century, bros take ur time b4 amadioah locate u!!!

Women of this days eh.. bro I agree with refuse because I refuse to agree

Apparently you don't even need to buy a good wedding ring.

2 Likes

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by chronique(m): 11:02pm On Jul 03, 2016
Sometimes,I tend to flow with this schol of thought. It makes sense sort of.
Aviero:
Negative mindsets shouldn't deter us from showing good affection to the people in our lives. Abi?

I've learnt the hard way. These days, it's all about reciprocality. If I show bae adequate affection, and she doesn't reciprocate well, I begin to have second thoughts. I slow down on whatever it is I am doing.

You can't tell me to keep doing good to bae, when I know that bae is taking the good for granted and giving the goods to someone else.

I can't risk it all for any bae that's not going to risk it all for me.

So, OP, being careful matters alot.

I can't just be doing mumu all the time, and in the end, get heartbroken. I need to be careful this time around.

2 Likes

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Sylvester70(m): 11:05pm On Jul 03, 2016
one day i went to my sis lougde,she then went to the bathroom and i was holding her phone then her phone rang and the caller's name was stored as "ATM" since then i jst the fear our girls.by the way na for dis buhari economy wey i go come dey spend anyhow on top girl wey i no fit swear for op abeg go back seat go sit.

1 Like

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Olabestonic001(m): 11:06pm On Jul 03, 2016
Toks2008:
A "fool for love" is a phrase used to describe a seemingly willing party who is ready to go all the way to please the other party to the very best of his or her ability.

We all know that love is a figment of imagination and no matter how you profess love to another person,that same person can turn around and rub it on your face and this is why many people are extremely careful in the way they express their affection towards whoever they claim to love just to avoid being called a fool for love.

But the bigger problem lies in trying to be too careful as many people have lost potentially wonderful affairs just because they preempt the motive of the other person who might just be very sincere with them thereby losing that person to another who is ready to be a fool for that same man or woman regardless of the expectations.

I have come to realize that the best way you can have peace in any affair is to risk it all...in other words, become a fool for that man or woman you truly desire..

If you feel like helping your bae through school,business or just buying him or her an expensive gift as well as going an extra mile please go ahead without second guessing or thinking negatively that the person could leave you someday for another.

How many of us have felt like getting an expensive gift for our bae or going the extra mile but have stopped to think "Is he/she really worth it?,what if he/she leaves me eventually?,what if he/she is cheating on me?" and we just change our mind.

If we must have a great affair and a peaceful one at that,we must learn to follow our heart and act towards our bae as if such person will never leave but at the same time, expect them to leave even if you give same the whole world.

The truth is that you don't go into any investment with mediocrity and expect a favourable outcome.

Every love affair is like a profit or loss business investment with an element of risk but deserves our "best" input to succeed and whether it works out or not is a different ball game.

Just follow your heart.

Stop following your heart, it might disappoint you. Follow GOD always.

1 Like

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Toks2008(m): 11:06pm On Jul 03, 2016
Okeycima:
My man with all due respect for the time you took †̥♥ compose this epistle,all you have written here is based on probability and the probability ☀̤̣̈̇f what you wrote here †̥♥ work is half as it is in the hands ☀̤̣̈̇f Both parties engage in the so called relationship, as the one playing the fool can wake up †̥♥ realize that he is been fool and the one fooling the fool shouldn't turn the fool †̥♥ slave. grin grin grin kiss undecided lipsrsealed

What is the assurance that your job or business will be there next year?

What is the assurance that anyone will live to see the next 3yrs?

Life is a risk,ur job is a risk yet you give it ur best cos u wnt d best result from it so we need to approach our love life in same way.

Except u don't love d lady.

1 Like

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by blezynetym(f): 11:06pm On Jul 03, 2016
Correct
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Kondomatic(m): 11:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by chronique(m): 11:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
Several times,I've been in a situation where I wanted to get someone couple of items,but had to pause to ask myself if truly this person is worth it...
Toks2008:

Just follow your heart.
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Toks2008(m): 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2016
Aviero:
Negative mindsets shouldn't deter us from showing good affection to the people in our lives. Abi?

I've learnt the hard way. These days, it's all about reciprocality. If I show bae adequate affection, and she doesn't reciprocate well, I begin to have second thoughts. I slow down on whatever it is I am doing.

You can't tell me to keep doing good to bae, when I know that bae is taking the good for granted and giving the goods to someone else.

I can't risk it all for any bae that's not going to risk it all for me.

So, OP, being careful matters alot.

I can't just be doing mumu all the time, and in the end, get heartbroken. I need to be careful this time around.

Nah you are getting it all twisted.

If you treat your bae well nd the affection is not returned please stop n reevaluate your stands.

My piece dwells on presumptive ideas of an unseen negative action from your bae.

How can I be sponsoring a babe for instance and I catch her cheatn on me nd still continues funding her haba?
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by lawngmahan(m): 11:14pm On Jul 03, 2016
lawngmahan:
smiley

I still feel no matter hw in love u are, there should always be a limit to ur openness till u are sure the person is as well of the same mind set

my opinion

3 Likes

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Toks2008(m): 11:17pm On Jul 03, 2016
chronique:
Several times,I've been in a situation where I wanted to get someone couple of items,but had to pause to ask myself if truly this person is worth it...

This is exactly my point.

Has that person shown you any signs that suggests a sinister motive?

If No then go ahead and follow your heart.

That gift may even enders that person to u the more.
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by kowalsky: 11:20pm On Jul 03, 2016
sure smiley
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by chronique(m): 11:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
Well,I'd say yes. Initial stage,I fell like a fool but when I started noticing some stuffs,I decided to start applying my handbrakes.
Toks2008:

This is exactly my point.

Has that person shown you any signs that suggests a sinister motive?

If No then go ahead and follow your heart.

That gift may even enders that person to u the more.
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Misogynist2014(m): 11:24pm On Jul 03, 2016
This post is worth its weight in gold.
"The very essence of romance is uncertainty." Oscar Wilde.
Just try not to be selfish or too expectant.
Follow your brain, not your heart, thank me later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

» Top 10 Female Nairalanders With The Cutest Smiles / I Am Getting Married , Engagement Pictures / Man Gets Awesome Reward From His Girlfriend After He Made Unusual Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.