Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

When you choose to be a fool for love. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When you choose to be a fool for love. (47709 Views)

When You Choose To Be A Drama Queen / The Guy That Loves You Or The One You Love: Who Would You Choose? (pic) / (pics)top10 Most Handsome Nairalanders That Should Get You Gawking Like A Fool. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by piagetskinner(m): 11:25pm On Jul 03, 2016
All these love ish sef...I think ill pass

1 Like

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:28pm On Jul 03, 2016
OP do you love?
Is there any one you love?

You can't write what you don't know.

God is Love. You can't love God whom you don't see if you do not love your neighbour whom you see.

You have your WHOLE life to practice love. Because by the time your life is over, that is the report card you will use to enter or not to enter heaven.

So how far? Redefine again.
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Toks2008(m): 11:28pm On Jul 03, 2016
Misogynist2014:
This post is worth its weight in gold.
"The very essence of romance is uncertainty." Oscar Wilde.
Just try not to be selfish or too expectant.
Follow your brain, not your heart, thank me later.

Seconded.
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by tete7000(m): 11:30pm On Jul 03, 2016
Toks2008:
A "fool for love" is a phrase used to describe a seemingly willing party who is ready to go all the way to please the other party to the very best of his or her ability.

Just follow your heart. [/b]

God is love and if we must truly love we must love like God. He loves us, created us out of love willingly to share his divinity with us and yet willing to not deny us our freedom of seeking other gods, other pleasures. If we must love him it must be from our freewill, not something we are coerced to do or have forced upon us but whatever our choice he never stops loving us. Even after we have strayed and turn away from him, as a loving Father he expectantly wait and look forward for our return willing to welcome us with an open and honest embrace.

Our love for each other to be real must mimick this godly model of love. Sacrificial yet not denying our object of love their freedom, freedom to leave us, freedom to love others. Only in freedom do we really find those who truly love us. True love even if it strays will always return to look for one he/she truly loves. With God for us and we for God we can find this love. Let open our heart to God, outside of him, love becomes a mirage.

4 Likes

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Okeycima: 11:33pm On Jul 03, 2016
Toks2008:

What is the assurance that your job or business will be there next year?

What is the assurance that anyone will live to see the next 3yrs?

Life is a risk,ur job is a risk yet you give it ur best cos u wnt d best result from it so we need to approach our love life in same way.

Except u don't love d lady.
oga I would like †̥♥ explain further, but my phone's keywords is faulty
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Toks2008(m): 11:35pm On Jul 03, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
OP do you love?
Is there any one you love?

You can't write what you don't know.

God is Love. You can't love God whom you don't see if you do not love your neighbour whom you see.

You have your WHOLE life to practice love. Because by the time your life is over, that is the report card you will use to enter or not to enter heaven.

So how far? Redefine again.

Wettin you take this evening?
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Crieff(m): 11:45pm On Jul 03, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
I don't understand these.

As used in this context, it means you're both talking about two different issue.

1 Like

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by FireKing: 11:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
Common nigga dont waste ur LOVE on someone who dnt need it......................Don't let your HEART BLEED just becos u are in LOVE.
A TRUE LOVE RELATIONSHIP IS WHEN BOTH PARTIES HELP EACH OTHER TO FEEL LOVED,HAPPINESS AND PEACE........So my guy use ur head grin
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by chinchum(m): 11:50pm On Jul 03, 2016
Aviero:
Negative mindsets shouldn't deter us from showing good affection to the people in our lives. Abi?

I've learnt the hard way. These days, it's all about reciprocality. If I show bae adequate affection, and she doesn't reciprocate well, I begin to have second thoughts. I slow down on whatever it is I am doing.

You can't tell me to keep doing good to bae, when I know that bae is taking the good for granted and giving the goods to someone else.

I can't risk it all for any bae that's not going to risk it all for me.

So, OP, being careful matters alot.

I can't just be doing mumu all the time, and in the end, get heartbroken. I need to be careful this time around.
The part in bold answers it all. At the initial stage a man may appear to throw in everything , but he must withdraw gently and allow the lady to show her own form of love, till an equilibrum is reached.

1 Like

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by TuneChi369(m): 12:03am On Jul 04, 2016
Aviero:
Negative mindsets shouldn't deter us from showing good affection to the people in our lives. Abi?

I've learnt the hard way. These days, it's all about reciprocality. If I show bae adequate affection, and she doesn't reciprocate well, I begin to have second thoughts. I slow down on whatever it is I am doing.

You can't tell me to keep doing good to bae, when I know that bae is taking the good for granted and giving the goods to someone else.

I can't risk it all for any bae that's not going to risk it all for me.

So, OP, being careful matters alot.

I can't just be doing mumu all the time, and in the end, get heartbroken. I need to be careful this time around.
You nailed it.

1 Like

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Thobiy(m): 12:11am On Jul 04, 2016
wink
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Thobiy(m): 12:12am On Jul 04, 2016
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by dwebs(m): 12:16am On Jul 04, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
I don't understand these.

meaning what i carry. what you are throw grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by InvertedHammer: 12:22am On Jul 04, 2016
/

LOVE IS AN ILLUSION.

|
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by canDy4eva(f): 12:32am On Jul 04, 2016
Toks2008:

6 paragraphs...too lengthy? shocked

GOD have mercy
,,,n yet he had d boldness to ask us to vote him in2 one stupid position Our generation z done for! Hw cn I vote som1 in2 a position dat doz nt have a "face value" I wount try it!
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by msadesk: 1:42am On Jul 04, 2016
true talk jor
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Nobody: 1:58am On Jul 04, 2016
Honestly what is love without sharing every part of you. Gifts that come from the heart are way more valuable than superficial public appealing we remember them till we leave this earth or amnesia kicks in

Whatever the case I don't think anyone is a fool for love Looking from outside you dont have the rose tinted glasses ..the one in the honeymoon phase where nothing could absolutely go wrong before the adjusting phase. Also nowadays not everyone is honest about their true intentions uncle kayode is marking multiple babes but still professing love for his main babe ...some act different around everyone some just wait till your comfortable to unleash the Karashika.

Man nowadays is content to be promiscous and glorified on earth only

We should all find the deepest kind of love inside of us. And be happy with that until your partner comes along because love wont be like a movie you might not get presents sometimes all you get is another beating heart that says Love you too...let's do this.
Love is inspiration to do...could be for/ could be with

You are unlucky if your fall in love with a selfish person you will be called a fool because your brave enough to love ... the most widely known form of appreciation is a gift and most times peoole take advantage of it but karma lives

1 Like

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Nobody: 2:19am On Jul 04, 2016
Hell NO!...once beaten, twice shy!...# u don't ascertain the depth of a river with both feet!!..ain't no b*tch can fool me no more!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Nobody: 2:28am On Jul 04, 2016
Seenyo:
Hell NO!...once beaten, twice shy!...# u don't ascertain the depth of a river with both feet!!..ain't no b*tch can fool me no more!!!

Betrayal hurts but if you didn't go through that you won't value the worth of being in love the right way...no drama no stories ...no lies just real

i could text like 5 times a day randomly and the truth is have never felt love like this so I figure instead of wondering where the love is why don't I become the love I want to receive and keep us both happy

If he betrays me...his choice ...won't put love on hold

Don't give up not everyone one is out to fool

1 Like

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by zeberebe: 3:03am On Jul 04, 2016
I don't love
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Nobody: 3:43am On Jul 04, 2016
Hmmmm. OP,why waste time explaining love to people who are hell bent on misunderstanding you?? Most don't even know difference BTW lust and love. As far as am concerned, only those that can tell the difference can understand your writeup. undecided
As for me,God is love. Once you sincerely love God,you find it easy loving a fellow humanbeing.
#peace.

1 Like

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by GodblessNig247(m): 4:05am On Jul 04, 2016
mimzy:
Hmmmm...

What's ur take mimzy?
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by zheroes(m): 5:18am On Jul 04, 2016
Toks2008:
A "fool for love" is a phrase used to describe a seemingly willing party who is ready to go all the way to please the other party to the very best of his or her ability.

We all know that love is a figment of imagination and no matter how you profess love to another person,that same person can turn around and rub it on your face and this is why many people are extremely careful in the way they express their affection towards whoever they claim to love just to avoid being called a fool for love.

But the bigger problem lies in trying to be too careful as many people have lost potentially wonderful affairs just because they preempt the motive of the other person who might just be very sincere with them thereby losing that person to another who is ready to be a fool for that same man or woman regardless of the expectations.

I have come to realize that the best way you can have peace in any affair is to risk it all...in other words, become a fool for that man or woman you truly desire..

If you feel like helping your bae through school,business or just buying him or her an expensive gift as well as going an extra mile please go ahead without second guessing or thinking negatively that the person could leave you someday for another.

How many of us have felt like getting an expensive gift for our bae or going the extra mile but have stopped to think "Is he/she really worth it?,what if he/she leaves me eventually?,what if he/she is cheating on me?" and we just change our mind.

If we must have a great affair and a peaceful one at that,we must learn to follow our heart and act towards our bae as if such person will never leave but at the same time, expect them to leave even if you give same the whole world.

The truth is that you don't go into any investment with mediocrity and expect a favourable outcome.

Every love affair is like a profit or loss business investment with an element of risk but deserves our "best" input to succeed and whether it works out or not is a different ball game.

Just follow your heart.
you have a point but I totally dissagree with it. Would you jump into untested waters with both feet? That's a suicide mission.

I can speak because I have been there. Its one step at a time, show some level of love, if the other party does same then you can begin to increase you level of commitment.

I used to have your idea of love , that is go at it with your all, when you do youu will defintely be taken for granted.

Some persons happen to be with us due to circumstance and when their situations changes you then realise they never liked you in the first place. They only stuck because of the benefits

So take one step at a time, if the other party doesn't reciprocate, take another step to clear any sort of doubt, if they still don't reciprocate, kindly lock up. That's became my style when I found my wife and we are both happy today.

Some people are naturally cheats, they have fish brain thinking they are wise. So NEVER EVER give it your all, if you do and the person is changing or changes , you too change. Its that simple.

2 Likes

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by gondon(m): 6:10am On Jul 04, 2016
I felt pained upon seeing a topic like dis. Lost my job bcoz of a Woman, got my first passport with 6 open visas seized coz of her, got another passport with 2 visa seized coz of her again, not in good terms with my Family coz of her, dont hv male or female frndz coz of her, do everytin in dis world to make her happy, got public insults daily from her, be it in public buses, Church, market and even enough slaps to top it up; yet i still gave her my love.
Her true being came out, wen my mum spoke to her to free me, since den my life hv neva been dsame. She calls me a jobless being, a poor man and above all an hopeless man. But d truth be told, wen u love someone; u wouldnt knw how to control it, expecially if u happen to be someone like me.
Still pursading me to sell my 4bedroom duplex i built at GRA ENUGU, to clear a debt of 100k i owe her....... Bur i still love her even though she is gone.
And d said lady i spoke about isnt a graduate, nor knows how to read or write, but yet treated me like a trash; just bcoz tinz changed. All i wrote happened from Feb 2016 to Date.......

I am using this medium to call on a good lady out there, in search of a soul mate. You cant tell where our luck is, so i wouldnt change my nature. Also, i call on good people who could help a brother stand up back, not monetary stuff, but a contact or link to a job would be d best.

God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by menxer: 6:22am On Jul 04, 2016
Love is love.
You give love to get loved,
Giving Anything else to get loved is a transaction.
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Anijay1212(m): 6:27am On Jul 04, 2016
Smellymouth:
There's no love without risk, and, worse, there's no love without loss.

In romance,in friendship, in parenting—in every kind of love that matters—it's just one risk after another.

We have to love and know that loss hovers nearby.There are some of us: lucky and scared, hating to be disappointed, sorry to be disappointing, but unwilling to do without. For all the ants at the picnic and the jellyfish in the ocean, for all the love we have that goes astray or is never returned or is shared until old age, only to have our hearts broken by a parting no less painful, we clamor for that chance and we wouldn't have it any other way.

If you love, there is no other way.
cool
Beautiful piece

1 Like

Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by butanep(m): 6:43am On Jul 04, 2016
I even read this crap till page 2...

Let's stop fooling ourselves for love. We aren't watching Korea or philippian movies. Love can't be a fool in reality.
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 04, 2016
Toks2008:

Kilagbe kileju?
I yaff miss you
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by lodphil(m): 7:08am On Jul 04, 2016
Mehn, if I should try this my dad will course me from the grave.I can never sacrifice my all for some one DAt will not reciprocate.It's better I give everything I have to charity,than one unappreciating chick that thinks d world revolve around her.
Re: When you choose to be a fool for love. by ichomi(m): 7:23am On Jul 04, 2016
Follow ur hearts...... Sometimes ur heart fails being clouded with love and u wont see clearly........

Well i will rather say let love leads.

But then those bitches aint loyal..... Dont fight it, its the truth.

Shallom!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Am Getting Married , Engagement Pictures / Man Gets Awesome Reward From His Girlfriend After He Made Unusual Sacrifice / Ladies, Are You Attracted To Muscular Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.