Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,828 members, 7,956,144 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:18 AM

15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. (64741 Views)

Reps Battle Amaechi Over Infrastructure In South East / 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion / Ogbeni Aregbesola's Road infrastructure In Osun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 9:28am On Jun 19, 2016
still OWERri

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 9:32am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:
It's comments like this that shows ignorance instead. You don't have to believe it, but Ibadan will always be more developed than owerri or any eastern town

more of OWERRI

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 9:34am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:
It's comments like this that shows ignorance instead. You don't have to believe it, but Ibadan will always be more developed than owerri or any eastern town

still OWERRI

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 9:38am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

OWERRI city still uploading...take a look at this

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 9:44am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

oya..take am OWERRI

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 9:47am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

you want more....still owerri

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 9:51am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

this are all old part of Owerri,,,if I show you d new part of Owerri....you will be marvelled at d amazing work of GOD( in nature) and man ( in buildings and structures)
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 9:57am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

Owerri mall

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 10:10am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

more of owerri

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 10:13am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

oguta lake resort

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 10:36am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

my friend,are you still there... more of OWERRI

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 10:39am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

my friend,are u still there....more of OWERRI

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 10:41am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

OWERri still coming

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 10:43am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

OWErri Gold city

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 10:46am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

concord hotel OWERri

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 10:48am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

more Owerri pics comming

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 10:51am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

ala oweRRI

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 11:09am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

more from owerri

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 11:13am On Jun 19, 2016
obaino860:

concord hotel OWERri

By the end of 2016 the gap between Owerri and most cities will become obvious but right now Owerri has a lot of ongoing metamorphosis in all parts.

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 11:16am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

these are just few of d online pictures of Owerri....but you need to visit d town....at least to know other places before making comparison..... if I can show you Owerri city as a whole,,you will not believe that such a place exist in Nigeria.........But Enugu is d bomb,I will want to unfold....but next time......don't forget visit KANO and OWERri b4 making comparison....
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
chaiiiiiiii see beautiful cities dnt believe we have such cities in dis country. Hope Saraki & Ahmed are seeing dis, States dat are born after kwara av gone far..
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by usibengate(m): 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2016
Cities representing
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by B2mario(m): 7:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
Obaino860, you have done well. but still keep it coming. I also want someone to show Enugu, Asaba, Uyo and Calabar.

I've seen many people drew their analysis of beautiful/infrastructural advanced cities, but believe me I've gone round Nigeria and will tell you that I remove cap for OWERRI and Okorocha.

I was born in the East, I've stayed in the west and now I'm residing in the North, far north for that matter.

please let no one misunderstand me, when it comes to infrastructural advanced cities whether new or dilapidated, the list goes this:
1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Portharcourt
4. kano
5. Ibadan(though accident)
6. Enugu
7. Uyo(though small but contain solid infrastructures)
8. Owerri
9. calabar
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by B2mario(m): 8:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
Obaino860, you have done well. but still keep it coming. I also want someone to show Enugu, Asaba, Uyo and Calabar.

I've seen many people drew their analysis of beautiful/infrastructural advanced cities, but believe me I've gone round Nigeria and will tell you that I remove cap for OWERRI and Okorocha.

I was born in the East, I've stayed in the west and now I'm residing in the North, far north for that matter.

please let no one misunderstand me, when it comes to infrastructural advanced cities whether new or dilapidated, the list goes like this:
1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Portharcourt
4. kano
5. Ibadan(though accident)
6. Enugu
7. Uyo(though small but contain solid infrastructures)
8. Owerri
9. calabar
10. Kaduna
11. Asaba/Jos

But in terms of beauty the list goes like this:
1. Abuja
2. Lagos
3. portharcourt
4. Enugu
5. Uyo
6. Calabar
7. Owerri
9. Kaduna
10. Ibadan
11. Asaba
12. Kano

let's not be deceived by name or propaganda. apart from major roads, Northern cities are pool. Kano for instance, has good wide roads but very scanty with ghetto-like houses that are peculiar to most northern cities.

In the North, they give more attention to major roads and very poor attention to inner streets. 70% of areas in northern cities look like ghetto with very poor housing.

former Gov. Aliyu magatakarda wamakko of sokoto and kwakwanso of Kano tried in the area of housing. At least one can see the beautiful estate under construction along Kano/Zaria expressway if you are entering Kano city.

Apart from wide roads, nothing is in Kano forget about propaganda, portharcourt is lager than Kano. Those that have Google map can prove me right. Kano is scanty and characterized with poor housing in most area of the city. I even prefer Sokoto to kano.

Kaduna has wide road but not like Kano. you can count flyovers in Kaduna if not just 1. it has some attribute of Kano, poor housing(downstairs with send-down-the-rain-roofs) as well though it has some good houses along major roads.
It's slightly larger than Enugu.

Owerri is more beautiful than Kano and Kaduna, although Kano is more infrastructural advanced.
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2016
B2mario:

In the North, they give more attention to major roads and
very poor attention to inner streets. 70% of areas in
northern cities look like ghetto with very poor housing.

Uyo is no different from what you alleged about Northern cities. So if you think Uyo is good then Kano is better. Only a handful of cities in Nigeria have majority good inner streets above 50% . Maybe Owerri, Abuja and Enugu. Port Harcourt is bad as well with over 70% untarred inner streets.
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by B2mario(m): 10:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
Abagworo:

Uyo is no different from what you alleged about Northern cities. So if you think Uyo is good then Kano is better. Only a handful of cities in Nigeria have majority good inner streets above 50% . Maybe Owerri, Abuja and Enugu. Port Harcourt is bad as well with over 70% untarred inner streets.

Abagworo, actually I don't know what to say again. I don't know the yardstick you are using to draw your judgement with respect to housing and inner streets I pointed out earlier. But can still tell you that Uyo is better in terms of housing and inner streets compare to kano, or are you using the unity bank headquarters tower to judge.

Oga, nothing is in kano. Remove the wide roads and overhead ridges Kano is just empty.

Infact, when counting beautiful cities in Nigeria, most southern cities will come before any northern city apart from Abuja and to some extent, Kaduna.

If we are analysing nigerian cities based on housing, then I will tell you that Owerri surpass both portharcourt, calabar, Uyo, Kaduna, Kano, and Ibadan. And here Aba and Onitsha may come in.
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by Eastlink(m): 11:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
Owerri try, Enugu dope but still my PH city still comes top. Aha!
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 11:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
B2mario:

Abagworo, actually I don't know what to say again. I don't know the yardstick you are using to draw yout judge with respect to housing and inner streets I pointed out earlier. But can still tell you that Uyo is better in terms of housing and inner streets compare to kano, or are you using the unity bank headquarters tower to judge.

Oga, nothing is in kano. Remove the wide roads and overhead ridges Kano is just empty.

Infact, when counting beautiful cities in Nigeria, most southern cities will come before any northern city apart from Abuja and to some extent, Kaduna.

If we are analysing nigerian cities based on housing, then I will tell you that Owerri surpass both portharcourt, calabar, Uyo, Kaduna, Kano, and Ibadan. And here Aba and Onitsha may come in.

I have only been to Kano on a brief stop over without exploration but Nigerian cities are generally centered on the major roads. Amaechi tried in giving D-Line area of Port Harcourt the best inner city roads in the East but that is just 2% to 5% of the city. Most Governors need to visit D-Line and catch a glimpse of how it should be done but 70% of inner streets in Port Harcourt are not paved.
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by B2mario(m): 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2016
Abagworo:

I have only been to Kano on a brief stop over without exploration but Nigerian cities are generally centered on the major roads. Amaechi tried in giving D-Line area of Port Harcourt the best inner city roads in the East but that is just 2% to 5% of the city. Most Governors need to visit D-Line and catch a glimpse of how it should be done but 70% of inner streets in Port Harcourt are not paved.

When it comes to planning and tarring of inner streets, eastern cities are the best. You are a Google map expert, you can use google map and confirm my statement. You can't see the type of street lining we see in eastern cities in any of the northern cities apart from Abuja.

Eastern governors give equal attention to major roads and inner streets while in north the ratio is 95:5, that is, 95% attention to major roads and 5% attention to inner streets. there are many areas you will go without seeing a single planned street talk more of tarred, most streets are just Appian way, ghetto-like style.

In the North I don't think that they know much about anything called streets as known in the east. lack of maintenance culture is inherent in the north where one can see many abandoned govt properties and even abandoned towns.

Any other time you go to Kano try and explore the city. I like the city for just 2 things:
1. wide major roads, their double lane is two and half compared to east where they normally add something to the existing one lane and divide it into two. size of most roads in kano is like Aba road in portharcourt and
2. planting of trees along the major roads just like other northern cities and towns.

quote me anywhere, when you are ranking cities based on beauty and social development like tourism and housing, apart from Abuja no northern cities can come before Owerri. Owerri is well planned and very beautiful in its unique way.
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by TiriB12(f): 4:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
Abuja is no 1 without any doubt.
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by iamNifemi(m): 11:07am On Jul 28, 2016
Henrydone:
Lagos is just like New York,for example New York has different cities in it cities like jersey,broklyn,long and Yonkers city just to mention a few but there is an actual place called New York,likewise Lagos it has a lot of cities in it ikeja,ikorodu, iddo are just few of it but there is a particular place called Lagos which is on the island and it's known to be in the central of Lagos,So Lagos is a state an island,a metropolis and also a city smiley smiley smiley
wagbayi....
itesiwaju EKO loje wa logun
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by Henrydone: 1:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
obaino860:

OWERRI city still uploading...take a look at this
we are talking infrastructure not greenness

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Police Invite Isreal Balogun For Exposing Apostle Suleman's Money Miracle Scam⁠ / Combat Aircrafts Of The Nigerian Airforce (Photos) / ISWAP Claims Responsibility For Kuje Prison Attack, Releases Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.