Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help (94841 Views)

"Why I Proposed To My Girlfriend With N2 Million Dummy Cheque" - Nigerian Man / She's HIV Positive, How Do I Tell Her?? / I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by sanitelag(m): 10:53pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout, takia of yourself for yourself!

you can live with her only if she got HIV while you are married.

but the difficulties and sacrifice of living with her at this junction is much that one is not advised to accept.

just let her look for her +ve partner.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
Yes sir and mine is negative. But, the Doctor asked me to come for another test next 3 month.
Note: we only had protected sex just once
run for ur life... Why will a girl that claimed she loves you expose u to danger of getting infected without her warning u of the inherent danger? That sex is protected doesn't mean it is safe...anything could have happened.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by SmartMugu: 10:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
eigmaticme:
Omo see gobe...

...but love conqueres all
Love conquers nothing in this case. If it was me, there's nothing else to discuss. This is reality, not nollywood things.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by divineappo(m): 10:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
I may be wrong, but i strongly believe she is not HIV positive. She wants to test you to ascertain if you truly love her. My advise is, tell her u will take her to hospital for medical confirmation. But If she is positive, Whether u truly love her to still marry her, that is what me i dont know.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by excel101(m): 10:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
Yes, we had sex just once and it was protected
As 2 wrongs can't make a right, so also 2HIV patients cant make a living.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by chiwex(m): 10:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
run for your life

you can find another Juliet elsewhere

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by hadaydoyin(m): 10:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
OP YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN OO.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by peculyachi(f): 10:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
histemple:
For those of you asking if he had unprotected s3x with her, he could have unprotected s3x without contracting the virus.
A man contracting the HIV from a lady is very slim except there are cracks. But a lady contracts it immediately a male carrier ejaculates in her, no matter the quantity of fluid.

Back to your concern OP. You may have to be sure that she isn't pulling your legs to watch your reaction. She may possibly be trying to gauge how you will tolerate or discriminate against disability.

a lady does not contract it immediately d man ejaculates in her...
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by 735i(m): 10:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
She's positive while mine is negative

Bro...
Commot your shoe..
Dust your leg...
..run...!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by joenor(m): 10:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
Run for your life!!
Gasout:
Good evening members in the house. I purposely brought this topic to this section (family) cos I blive i'll have a mature responses and contributions.

I'll try to be brief as possible.
I met this lady 2014 but we started dating November last year. It took her a whole year for her to accept dating me.

But then, she told me that, there is something she will tell any man who desire to marry her bt, depend on the level of seriousness of the man.

Then, I took what she planned telling her hubby to be as nothing serious nt until d relationship began to wax stronger. After being in the relationship for a while, I discovered she posses virtually all d qualities I desire in a lady and wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with her.

I tried to make her tell me what she has in mind that she plan to tell her hubby to be, she refused. At this stage, our both parents re aware of our relationship and we planned to have our INTRO this June.

I proposed to her last week, she accepted and busted to tears. Initially, I thought it was a tears of joy, nt knowing it was something entirely different from my thought.

I took her home with different feelings within me since she couldn't stop crying. When we got to their house b4 she alighted, she hold my hands and told me me 'she's HIV positive'

I was startled for minutes. She said I should think about it if I still want the relationship.

I have make enquiries from Doctors if both of us can marry and He said yes Bt the am nt still convince. Please, Nairalanders, I need ur sincere advice on this issue...

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by babeface3: 10:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
nasha1:
That girl is evil, very evil.
there is nothing 4 u to contemplate other dan walking away. If u have a contagious terminal disease,u need 2 let the person u are in a sexual relationship with know immediately.It is not fair nd such a person can never be trusted.
did u read the story well
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by queenfav(f): 10:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
@Op,with all due respect,you are really dense!You are still asking nairalanders what to do when its crystal clear?No o,marry her. My issue is not the fact that she is HIV +...nope!In fact HIV carriers even outlive people with cancer and diabetes.Its not a death sentence so long as its managed well. My annoyance with u is the fact that you see absolutely nothing wrong with the fact that she kept it from you.Take it from me,that lady can kill u.HIV status is not what she can easily drop in the middle of conversation casually like "oh,by the way did i tell u i am HIV +"However,she owed you a duty to let you know the moment you starred dating seriously.She exposed you to risk of contacting it, abi u feel day na only thru sex HIV dey transfer? No...She could have cut herself,u could have come in contact with her blood or other bodily fluid and somehow got infected.Then she would say sorry abi?Dont be self destructive by playing the part of a fool in love, end that relationship ASAP.. I repeat,a woman who hides such a crucial thing from you can kill you,that's if she hasn't killed you already by passing it on to u.Love is honest in all things no matter how dirty or embarrasing,she didn't play fair at all...

5 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Johnbosco77(m): 10:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
walai kwo, if say dis op de near me ehhh, d kind slap wey I go nack am ehhh, if u ask am to spell HIV Na BUHARI him go spell.

wat nonsense film are u acting??
I jus hop u de lie since..

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Subom1(f): 10:58pm On Jun 19, 2016
son4century:
OK, this is what u shd do

Tell her u also have something in mind to tell her but not yet time

Then, on the wedding eve, tell her to walk away (if possible fly away sef) or surprise her with a bride mama has brought from the village to fill her spot the next day
grin grin you have been watching way too many Nollywood movies
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Hotguy27: 11:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
Simply walk away.
She got the infection from unexpected person or means and she wants to change her status to an acceptable one as if she does not have such problem. She is ready to even die shortly after the marriage and you will start your own secret journey in agony. My concern is that she hid this fom you for a long time.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
Good evening members in the house. I purposely brought this topic to this section (family) cos I blive i'll have a mature responses and contributions.

I met this lady 2014 but we started dating November last year. It took her a whole year for her to accept dating me.

But then, she told me that, there is something she will tell any man who desire to marry her bt, depend on the level of seriousness of the man.

Then, I took what she planned telling her hubby to be as nothing serious nt until d relationship began to wax stronger. After being in the relationship for a while, I discovered she posses virtually all d qualities I desire in a lady and wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with her.

I tried to make her tell me what she has in mind that she plan to tell her hubby to be, she refused. At this stage, our both parents re aware of our relationship and we planned to have our INTRO this June.

I proposed to her last week, she accepted and busted to tears. Initially, I thought it was a tears of joy, nt knowing it was something entirely different from my thought.

I took her home with different feelings within me since she couldn't stop crying. When we got to their house b4 she alighted, she hold my hands and told me me 'she's HIV positive'

I was startled for minutes. She said I should think about it if I still want the relationship.

I have make enquiries from Doctors if both of us can marry and He said yes Bt the am nt still convince. Please, Nairalanders, I need ur sincere advice on this issue...

But you have already eaten from her pot nah. probably + yourself
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:

OP she messed up big time...She is the perfect Example of the real Shaitan...why didnt she tell you over a year ago? it has been you decision to either stay or go but she didnt tell you. I wont blame u for sleeping with her,ur a man,so u have a weakneas. But am so upset with her a similar incident almost happened to me,someone i was liking was HIV positive and never for once did she tell me and we were best buddies. It was someone else that discovered her ART drugs thats when she now confessed,i was embarassed and dejected. I forgave her cos i have no right no to moreover we are still best buddies. All am saying is this your fiancee might have been very scared of loosing you,you know not everyone is brave when it comes to such matters. Decision lies in your hands. Marry the love of your life then be on drugs as well i.e truvada so u wont contact d virus or dont marry her. But think twice though cos anyone can die at any f*cking time,even fever kills more than HIV nowadays.all d best

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by femzysticks(m): 11:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
Yes sir and mine is negative. But, the Doctor asked me to come for another test next 3 month.
Note: we only had protected sex just once

do you Believe in Jesus?

he can heal any disease

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by sweetcocoa(f): 11:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
afroditte:
All she needs is to consistently be on the anti retroviral drugs and you two will be fine. It will suppress the HIV and she can have kids and live a normal life.

Wetin go kill person go kill person jare. A healthy person can die tomorrow unexpectedly in a car accident or something while A HIV person will live way longer.

Nothing to be afraid of abeg. Most people are taking drugs and managing themselves with one disease or the other, lungs, kidney, heart, high BP, diabetes, cancer. Just because they cannot be contracted doesn't make them any less deadlier than HIV.
I don't understand how a person can type this post and be comfortable with it.

So because people die everyday, it's cool to go seek death then? How can you just say there's nothing to be afraid of, like we are talking about taking a walk in a park?

Plus not to mention the fact that, this lady is a heartless bish, who gives no feck about the OP.

Na wa o.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by LaurelP(m): 11:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
Op do you even know that in some countries, it is criminal for a person with a deadly disease like HIV to knowingly have sex with another negative person?
She could be jailed for that.
Better use you're head, love get expiry date o.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by NICOGRAVITY: 11:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
4reala:
gud, I think she acted wrongly by waiting too long to inform u about this. Even allowing u to do intro. Damn, she wass trying to tak u to a point of no return. Where u either face d shame of telling u parent or keep quiet and continue wit d marriage cos of d love she had helped u build around her.
Before I giv my final suggestion, I will like u to knw who suggested protection, when both of u made love?

She is a very wise lady. If you were her, will go around telling everyone that approaches you that you are hiv positive? Just because she has hiv doesn't mean she should be stigmatized. Malaria is more dangerous than hiv.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Priceless830(m): 11:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
Go on with your marriage, she just wanna text your strength and seriousness....... Rising Sun
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by ercel: 11:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
@OP,Nairaland contributors might further confuse you.
Your two options are either 'stay' or 'walk away'. All have their consequences.
Just weigh the possible outcomes and choose,above all,pray and follow your heart.
One basic principle you should analyse is "could she have been so nice and perfect wife-material so that when the time to decide on her comes you'll find it difficult doing away with her?". If you spot any element of pretence and manipulation,pls run,otherwise,you could be seeing your treasure wrapped in pseudo-problem (HIV).

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Adekorya: 11:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
histemple:
For those of you asking if he had unprotected s3x with her, he could have unprotected s3x without contracting the virus.
A man contracting the HIV from a lady is very slim except there are cracks. But a lady contracts it immediately a male carrier ejaculates in her, no matter the quantity of fluid.

Back to your concern OP. You may have to be sure that she isn't pulling your legs to watch your reaction. She may possibly be trying to gauge how you will tolerate or discriminate against disability.
What kind of pulling leg will someone pull with HIV for that matter?
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 19, 2016
duality:
Governor fayose already answered this question in advance.. People say the man is a prophet. smiley
Omg grin the hiv bride cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by LaurelP(m): 11:06pm On Jun 19, 2016
divineappo:
I may be wrong, but i strongly believe she is not HIV positive. She wants to test you to ascertain if you truly love her. My advise is, tell her u will take her to hospital for medical confirmation. But If she is positive, Whether u truly love her to still marry her, that is what me i dont know.

Oga he said they've both gone for test. The girl is +ve while he's -ve.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by flokii: 11:06pm On Jun 19, 2016
hadaydoyin:
OP YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN OO.

grin grin

Like O.Y.O right?

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 19, 2016
Well, this man is bleeped

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by ibietela2(m): 11:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
histemple:

What do you mean by Cracks?
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by flokii: 11:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
@OP might be to test you.. To see if you'd stay..

Buh if it's not.. Then follow ur mind, some folks are irreplaceable.. Just think well so you dnt regret later

cheers & goodluck
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by fart: 11:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
the love better be strong.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
fadjnr:

Oga what are you saying nao. The chances of a male contracting the virus during unprotected sex is equal to that of the female because there's definitely going to be exchange of body fluids
You are wrong. Viral loads greatly determines the possibility of spreading the virus. The viral load in the blood is usually at its peak 8 to 12 weeks after getting the virus at this stage it could be easily transferred to the other person via sex. But females can't easily transfer the virus because the vigna fluid has very little or non of the viral loads except during menstruation. This explains why 3% of hiv cases was transferred via MouthAction by a hiv negative man on a hiv positive female. Studies also show that this male victims had dentition cases with bleeding gums or wonds. But a hiv positive male has a high concentration of the virus in his semen and can easily transfer the virus from ejaculation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Guys, Stop Searching For The Perfect woman... See This (picture) / Eudoxie Yao Joins Twerking Gang. Fans Go Gaga / I Tested My Girlfriend And She Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.