Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,844 members, 7,813,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. (5184 Views)

10 Hilarious Cliches Nigerian Men Often Use To Woo A Lady- By Tosyne2much / The Way British, Americans And Nigerians Woo A Girl (photo) / Nigerian Guy Calls Out Lagos Lady That Dumped Him After A N45k Dinner Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Magz(m): 11:25pm On Sep 09, 2009
I also have to reject the notion that love has nothing to do with it. Our number one primary biological function as human beings is to survive long enough to reproduce and continue the species. Because of this, it is only human nature for a woman to desire a man who is the most equipped as a provider. The degree of a man's capability to provide for and take care of a woman will always weigh in. It definately matters. I'm not saying that a poor man cannot win any woman's heart. I'm just saying that a wealthy man is able to allocate more resources that will aid him, and therfore he has one certain advantage, ,
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 11:54pm On Sep 09, 2009
frank3.16:

i think Amaka is hitting on the poster.

@ poster, u sound like an intelligent, probably u are rich. then go for your girl.
what are you talking about? hitting on what poster?
UH NO. . .
i was "hitting"/talking at Magz!!, not the poster.
where is the indication that i was getting at the poster, or were you half asleep?
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 11:55pm On Sep 09, 2009
damn mofo!
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 12:13am On Sep 10, 2009
Magz:

I also have to reject the notion that love has nothing to do with it. Our number one primary biological function as human beings is to survive long enough to reproduce and continue the species. Because of this, it is only human nature for a woman to desire a man who is the most equipped as a provider. The degree of a man's capability to provide for and take care of a woman will always weigh in. It definitely matters. I'm not saying that a poor man cannot win any woman's heart. I'm just saying that a wealthy man is able to allocate more resources that will aid him, and therefore he has one certain advantage, ,

It is evident that we are on the same page but on different paragraphs of that page.  Speaking about a "man's capability to provide for and take care of a woman"( his wife) is the true essence of the nature of the man's rresponsibility-- that is the essence of true manhood.  But that is not to say that this is the basis for love.  Such a conclusion reveals a fundamental misunderstanding love.  Having money gives you the power to exert power and influence over all kinds of women, but such is not the  context or fertile soil  in which true love is nurtured.  There is a fear that the wealthy have: they are very conscious that their partners (or future partners)would love them for 'who they are and not for what they have'.  The reason for this is clear; they know the incredible influence money weilds. Meet a lady and start your spending spree and watch how many times a day she will call you.  Do you think she is doing that because she really cares about or truly loves you?  Be true to yourself.  
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Magz(m): 12:34am On Sep 10, 2009
I agree totally!

I have nothing further to say.

Same page, same pragraph, same sentence.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 12:41am On Sep 10, 2009
I suggest that the need for security is a fundamental need in the woman.  Certainly, countless women have given their hands in marriage to men because they could fulfill their security needs (after all she wants to be secure).   But after a while in such relationships she finds true love outside of her matrimonial home (where she has everything money can buy).  Our societies are replete with such stories.  Your money can fulfill her every material need without touching her at the core of her being.  That inner sanctuary of a woman is the spiritual citadel where her love abides.  A woman can give you her body without surrendering her heart to you; your money notwithstanding.  

I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE OGA.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 1:55am On Sep 10, 2009
okay i think what is best for you to do is find out who she is, see her, and really get to know her.
i dont see why people think money is the issue now.
isnt that something to worry about when you are about to SETTLE DOWN?
just take a chance, i mean why not?
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 4:22am On Sep 10, 2009
THE AMAKA:

okay i think what is best for you to do is find out who she is, see her, and really get to know her.
i don't see why people think money is the issue now.
isn't that something to worry about when you are about to SETTLE DOWN?
just take a chance, i mean why not?

I completely agree with you yet I do not want to be dismissive of the views of others who see things from a totally different perspective; after all our experiences usually color the way we perceive things. If a guy has been shot in the heart by a woman because his pocket book wasn't singing, he most certainly would make sure fix that the next time. On the other hand I ask myself if this mindset is culturally induced. I just don't know; but I guess the sisters have to speak truth to the situation.

By the way let me ask you this: How much will it cost to live in Lagos for three weeks to a month ( hotel, feeding, transport, the whole nine yards)?
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 4:25am On Sep 10, 2009
i wasnt born in nigeria/lagos, never lived in Nigeria/lagos, dont know anything about nigeria/lagos
but of course it aint cheap.

i really dont think you should spend that much money too see a girl you arent even that sure about.
i dont know, do long distance relationships really work?
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 4:46am On Sep 10, 2009
I am not going over there primarily to see that woman; come on. I have decided to spend the holidays in that country because like I said I just love Nigeria. I also intend to visit Benin city and I wouldn't leave Nigeria if I did not visit Abuja too. However if I get to Lagos I intend to find the woman and see what happens. I wear African attires a lot and hope to furnish my wardrobe with the real deal ( kinda expensive over here.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by topup: 5:02am On Sep 10, 2009
Man, I really hope this woman is fantastic. You seem like a smart guy, I hope you have judged well, and I sincerely hope that what drew you to her is still there, that she does not change, and if so, she does for the better.

Hopefully you are genuine, I get the feeling you are, and so I wish you all the best.

Nigeria is a wonderful place if you are equipped with the knowledge to deal with a place like it, wisdom, courage and a sense of humour (and some money), would help you to adjust well.

Please keep us updated, I always like to follow a success story smiley.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 5:28am On Sep 10, 2009
topup:

Man, I really hope this woman is fantastic. You seem like a smart guy, I hope you have judged well, and I sincerely hope that what drew you to her is still there, that she does not change, and if so, she does for the better.

Hopefully you are genuine, I get the feeling you are, and so I wish you all the best.

Nigeria is a wonderful place if you are equipped with the knowledge to deal with a place like it, wisdom, courage and a sense of humour (and some money), would help you to adjust well.

Please keep us updated, I always like to follow a success story smiley.

Yes ooo. I don't know whether to call you my guy or lady. When I return by the grace of God I will give you guys a gist of "how I pass".
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by honeric01(m): 6:07am On Sep 10, 2009
Good luck, your heart desires will be met, Once more good luck lover boy. By the way, don't forget to come with your camera so that you can take pictures of how far Lagos has changed from the dirty city people knew Lagos for to a fast rising mega city. Maybe you could sell the pics to the clueless CNN. LOL
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 6:37am On Sep 10, 2009
honeric01:

Good luck, your heart desires will be met, Once more good luck lover boy. By the way, don't forget to come with your camera so that you can take pictures of how far Lagos has changed from the dirty city people knew Lagos for to a fast rising mega city. Maybe you could sell the pics to the clueless CNN. LOL

I was informed that using a camera in Lagos is an invitation to the bad guys. I was also told that taking pictures of government buildings could get me arrested or detained by the police.  Could you confirm any of this?
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 6:49am On Sep 10, 2009
nigeria especially lagos is crazy.
maybe its best that you not take pictures, in public places.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 7:09am On Sep 10, 2009
THE AMAKA:

nigeria especially lagos is crazy.
maybe its best that you not take pictures, in public places.

Thanks for the tip off.  When was the last time you visited Lagos?  Just curious oooo
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by C2H5OH(f): 7:12am On Sep 10, 2009
Buy her recharge cards dude.

If she keeps refusing your advances despite this, find out who her mother is.

Send her mother 10 recharge cards in an envelope. Include your picture % phone number in the envelope, and let her know that you are the man asking for her daughter's hand in marriage. Leave the rest to mama to complete the task. smiley Thank me later.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 7:17am On Sep 10, 2009
who said anything about marriage?
hunger is killing you oo

he isnt even DATING the girl!! what is the talk about marriage?
Equipper, dont mind him. lol
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by chic2pimp(m): 7:18am On Sep 10, 2009
C2H5OH:

Send her mother 10 recharge cards in an envelope. Include your picture % phone number in the envelope, and let her know that you are the man asking for her daughter's hand in marriage. Leave the rest to mama to complete the task. smiley Thank me later.
Hehehehehe grin grin grin grin Funny but true.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by C2H5OH(f): 7:21am On Sep 10, 2009
lol @ amaka

i'm going to your village next year to try that trick
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 7:22am On Sep 10, 2009
C2H5OH:

Marriage!!!  I think you are reading too much too soon into this situation. That was supersonic man!
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 7:22am On Sep 10, 2009
i guess, whatever you do.
i dont think it works that way where im from.

you go pay =N=750,000 before you even think about stepping into my village to do anything.
grin grin grin
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by C2H5OH(f): 7:28am On Sep 10, 2009
THE AMAKA:

you go pay =N=750,000 before you even think about stepping into my village to do anything.
grin grin grin
If I'm paying that much money I better be getting 10 voluptuous female slaves in return
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 7:30am On Sep 10, 2009
THE AMAKA:

grin grin grin

Is it true that in a particular tribe in Nigeria the bride price (dowry) is set propotionately to the educational level of the bride?  This means the more educated the bride the higher the bride price.  Is this true?  A good topic for another thread,
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by C2H5OH(f): 7:32am On Sep 10, 2009
Equipper:

Marriage!!!  I think you are reading too much too soon into this situation. That was supersonic man!
Don't knock it till you try it.  lol
you just use the mother as an ally in your favor to help you hook the babe.
whether you decide to marry her after proper sampling is left to you  wink
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 7:32am On Sep 10, 2009
man i really dont know!!
lol

i dont know these things, i just made it up, just talk you know.

C2H5OH:

If I'm paying that much money I better be getting 10 voluptuous female slaves in return
see who is talking? SHHHAAAARRRAAAAPP!
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by C2H5OH(f): 7:32am On Sep 10, 2009
education level? akaka's price would be 1# if that's the case lol.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 7:35am On Sep 10, 2009
DONT MIND HIM OOO
HM!

dont make me do my toe touch and knock you out!! tongue
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by C2H5OH(f): 7:37am On Sep 10, 2009
if you do a toe touch there i will send 5 young men to lipsrsealed

amaka why do you need 750 naira, i thought your parents are nigerian billionaires
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 7:40am On Sep 10, 2009
hahahaha!! 750,000 NAIRA!
can you read or is hunger still killing you? lol

5 young men to do what? WHAT?
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 7:41am On Sep 10, 2009
My father told me many years ago "If the mother of a girl you're in love with doesn't like you, that relationship will be subjected to trauma and will eventually suffer a miscarriage."  I  Guess the pops understood the powerful influence of a mother over her daughter.  lol
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by chic2pimp(m): 7:44am On Sep 10, 2009
Equipper:

Is it true that in a particular tribe in Nigeria the bride price (dowry) is set propotionately to the educational level of the bride?  This means the more educated the bride the higher the bride price.  Is this true?  A good topic for another thread,
Certain tribes charge bride prices according to the lady's level of beauty. A pretty chic would cost more  a fugly chic. I have not heard about educational levels though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Do People Mean When They Say "irreconcilable Differences" / Photo: OMG! Can You Allow This On Your Wife? / Me, Vicstar And Our Girlfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.