Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. (5183 Views)

10 Hilarious Cliches Nigerian Men Often Use To Woo A Lady- By Tosyne2much / The Way British, Americans And Nigerians Woo A Girl (photo) / Nigerian Guy Calls Out Lagos Lady That Dumped Him After A N45k Dinner Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by C2H5OH(f): 7:46am On Sep 10, 2009
THE AMAKA:

hahahaha!! 750,000 NAIRA!
can you read or is hunger still killing you? lol

5 young men to do what? WHAT?
I don't know what you are talking about again
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 7:52am On Sep 10, 2009
Well, I thought they said "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder?"
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by chic2pimp(m): 8:00am On Sep 10, 2009
Equipper:

Well, I thought they said "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder?"
While u might think so,this certain tribe don't share your point of view. If beauty was truly in the eyes of the beholder then beauty contest/pageants would always end in a draw.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 8:03am On Sep 10, 2009
SO TRUE
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by chic2pimp(m): 8:04am On Sep 10, 2009
YEP. IT IS TRUE. cool
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 8:13am On Sep 10, 2009
The African culture comprises many diverse strands harmoniously woven together into a beautiful tapestry with its own peculiar features.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by frank317: 9:19am On Sep 10, 2009
@poster, re-read the subject of ur post and u will understand why u are getting the sort of replies you are getting.

Amaka, please you claim u dont know anything about Nigeria, but instead if keeping quite and let people who know more about the country talk, u are busy forming knowing it all.

@poster enuf of Nigerian chiks, lets talk about Liberian chiks. Tell us more about them, i heard they are pretty, sexy, and they will love you for who u are and not what u've got.

i know most nairaland guys wont mind trade by bater. Give on just one of ur sisters and we will deliver you ten better samples of ur lagos girlfriend.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2009
the guy is asking me questions about hotel prices, transport and all of that.
do i live in lagos? was i even born in nigeria sef? how should i know THE PRICES of things in lagos.
i have a big fat comphy house where i stay in naija, no need to live in lagos, that place is NAWWW.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2009
frank3.16:

@poster, re-read the subject of your post and u will understand why u are getting the sort of replies you are getting.

Amaka, please you claim u dont know anything about Nigeria, but instead if keeping quite and let people who know more about the country talk, u are busy forming knowing it all.

@poster enuf of Nigerian chiks, lets talk about Liberian chiks. Tell us more about them, i heard they are pretty, sexy, and they will love you for who u are and not what u've got.

i know most nairaland guys wont mind trade by bater. Give on just one of your sisters and we will deliver you ten better samples of your lagos girlfriend.

There are quite a number of Nigerian men married to (some shackng up wth) Liberian women. I know a chap who was an oficer in the Nigerian military; after his tour of duty, returned to Liberia and married the woman he was courting. He has a thriving business in Monrovia and they are doing very well.

I just have this bias towards Nigerian women. I cannot explain it nor can I excape it.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2009
Equipper:

There are quite a number of Nigerian men married to (some shackng up wth) Liberian women. I know a chap who was an oficer in the Nigerian military; after his tour of duty, returned to Liberia and married the woman he was courting. He has a thriving business in Monrovia and they are doing very well.

I just have this bias towards Nigerian women. I cannot explain it nor can I excape it.

Good for you! You gat taste wink cheesy
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 4:36pm On Sep 10, 2009
@UJUJOAN
Maybe it is spiritual, psychical (or I must have been a Nigerian in my past life LOL)
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Magz(m): 6:58pm On Sep 10, 2009
THE AMAKA:

the guy is asking me questions about hotel prices, transport and all of that.
do i live in lagos? was i even born in nigeria sef? how should i know THE PRICES of things in lagos.
i have a big fat comphy house where i stay in naija, no need to live in lagos, that place is NAWWW.

So where do you live?
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 7:42pm On Sep 10, 2009
Do not keep the gentleman waiting THE AMAKA. Answer
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 12:40am On Sep 11, 2009
hahahahaha a girl was doing thing during the day, sorry ooo!!
i live in Cali, U.S.
but where i live in naija is Imo State. so how the hell am i suppose to know whats in Lagos?
i have some family (aunts, cousins, second cousins) living in lagos, do you want me to call them up Frank 3.16 so then i can tell you i know about lagos?
rubbish.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 12:47am On Sep 11, 2009
Frank 3.16 there you have it o. by the way THE AMAKA is Imo State an Ibo state? Just wonderin
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 12:49am On Sep 11, 2009
yes ooo!!
Imo State, Anambra State, Abia State, and Enugu State are all igbo states.
but igbos also occupy a lot of other south eastern states with other ethnic groups.
so basically igbos are all over the south.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Yumi(f): 12:54am On Sep 11, 2009
I would try opening yourself up and telling the truth.  A lot of guys in Nigeria lie to women so that will be a good start and give you the heads up.  If you can be faithful too that will give you more points cause faithful men are hard to find.  Don't buy her expensive gifts but if she is doing something at university buy her a book she might need  thoughtful gifts like that mean much more than D & G handbags or money packages.  That shows you are thinking of her.  Also maybe i would try to communicate daily women love that shows ur consistent, ur serious and that ur thinking about them.  Even if its just for a couple of minutes before sleeping.  Most of all show her you don't have another woman in your life and you are ready to make her a priority no woman wants to be an option.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 12:55am On Sep 11, 2009
Is it true that almost all Ibos ( by the way what is the difference between Ibo and Igbo?) are Christians ? I hear they are very, very,  religious.  
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 1:02am On Sep 11, 2009
@Yumi
Thanks for the tip off Yumi, however I am trying to get to know this woman. I hope to find out a little more about her and I will also give her the opportunity to know me too. I'll watch out for that -- by the way she is a professional (career woman) and no longer a student.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Yumi(f): 1:11am On Sep 11, 2009
If you want to get to know her you open up to her be honest and as she begins to trust you she will do the same in return. If shes a professional career woman you can do other things, send a nice dress down for her. Not an expensive one just a nice one or perfume or something. Not something expensive but thoughtful if she likes music find the artist she likes and send her a cd or something. Things that show you listen and pay attention to her detail and are really interested in knowing her.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 1:24am On Sep 11, 2009
well the majority of them are. i mean probably more than 85% of them are.
Ibo is the name of the people Igbo is the name of the language.
but i dont know if its true, but i think the british gave us the name "Ibo" or maybe not.
but i say Igbo when i talk about the people and the language. its not wrong if you use Igbo both ways, a lot of people do.

IGBO BAYBEEEEEEE!! lol
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 1:24am On Sep 11, 2009
Yumi:

If you want to get to know her you open up to her be honest and as she begins to trust you she will do the same in return. If shes a professional career woman you can do other things, send a nice dress down for her. Not an expensive one just a nice one or perfume or something. Not something expensive but thoughtful if she likes music find the artist she likes and send her a cd or something. Things that show you listen and pay attention to her detail and are really interested in knowing her.

Openess and honesty you say; then I have nothing to worry about because I am a straight shooter.  Your pieces of advice have got me thinking about some observations I made about her during her visit.   Certainly only a woman knows the heart of a woman.  Gee! you are so very right.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 1:39am On Sep 11, 2009
THE AMAKA:

well the majority of them are. i mean probably more than 95% of them are.
Ibo is the name of the people Igbo is the name of the language.
but i dont know if its true, but i think the british gave us the name "Ibo" or maybe not.
but i say Igbo when i talk about the people and the language. its not wrong if you use Igbo both ways, a lot of people do.

IGBO BAYBEEEEEEE!! lol

Very Interesting and coincidental; listen:  In my country there is a tribe called Kpelle (pronounced kpehl-leh).  When the Western missionaries entered that part of the country they could not pronounced the "kp" sound since they did not have it in English, so the "k" was assimilated in their pronounciation.  Kpelle became "Pelle".   No sooner "Pelle" was the word used in the history books etc.  But the people continued to use the word Kpelle.  Westerners have difficuty pronouncing the diagraphs: gb, kp, etc.  No wonder it was easier to pronounce Ibo instead of Igbo.  Hope I did not bore you with my lecture in phonetics lol
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 1:41am On Sep 11, 2009
OH NO! you didnt bore me at all.
i thought it was very interesting.
yeah most people just say Igbo for the language and the people.
same thing, really.

MUY INTELIGENTE!!!
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 1:46am On Sep 11, 2009
I don't mean to embarrass you but I have a question:  Do you speak your native language?  Are you literate in your language. 
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 1:51am On Sep 11, 2009
tongue   tongue   tongue    tongue
no i dont speak igbo, but sadly i wish i did.
i know some things though, some basic things.
okay no more questions.

grin
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 2:08am On Sep 11, 2009
   UNDERSTOOD!!!
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 2:09am On Sep 11, 2009
hahahaha
cool cool cool
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 2:14am On Sep 11, 2009
He/she who laughs last will , (fill in the blanks) ho ho ho ho
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 2:16am On Sep 11, 2009
i seriously dont get it
undecided
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 2:21am On Sep 11, 2009
Don't get too serious. Just having fun. Laughing is a social contagion; one starts to laugh and the other joins in even if they do not understand the basis of the initial laugh. Got it now?
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 2:23am On Sep 11, 2009
oh yes i get it now
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Is For My BABY OKU / Am I Being Too Jealous And Insecure? Or Is He Really Cheating? / Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.