Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,920 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me (17466 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Ranchhoddas: 10:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
Image123:

i love when people have seen the raw demonstration of the power of the supernatural like you have done, it makes one almost impregnable by nonsense. But then it's not fireproof like we evidently see with the OP who is the only atheist around here that has been thus privileged.
I have seen and experienced some of these demonstrations. I don fall for church more than once. Even female pastor don touch my head and I fall. Person don lay hands on me and I begin speak in tongues (or so I thought).
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by BossTtdiamonds(m): 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
HardMirror:

I hope flesh and blood did not reveal that to you.

By the way I don't even care. God is not real to me anymore so you are free to say what you like, makes no difference to me.
K
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by damogulxx: 10:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hardmirror pls answer this if you can.

We all know that the earth exists and scientists claim they know how it came about. We also knlw that the sun, moon, sun and stars exist because we see them (based on atheists quest for proof).

Now if these other celestial bodies exist including all thd other planets. How did they come about? How did the universe come to exist and how would all of them be so well synchronised?

How is independent thought possible in a world ruled by chance and necessity?

You do know that anthropologists have discovered a lot of lost tribes and all but one thing has been common among these discoveries. All of them seemed to have some higher diety they worshipped. From stone age to modern so how come Anthropologists have never discovered a tribe of atheists?

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by damogulxx: 10:51pm On Jul 12, 2016
AccidentalGenius:
our life her on earth is centered on the choices each an every individual makes irrespective of their beliefs. Every choice a man makes takes him on a path. Good people make a choice to be good. Some claim to be good for religion, some don't. Evil people made a choice to be evil. Some are evil on for their beliefs, some aren't. A person is responsible for himself and his choices. A person who chooses to believe in a god is his choice. A person who chooses to not believe in a god is his choice. That is what our time on earth is centered on. Our choices. Don't attach everything evil to atheism indirectly. Whats the difference between that and tribalism?

Atheists believe that morality is subjective so where is this your good or evil talk coming from? How can you conclude an act of evil isnt actually good or vice versa?

Why would you call anyone evil or good? If you believe morality is subjective then any negative comment made about atheism or atheists should not upset you should it?

So why even mention evil?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Image123(m): 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I have seen and experienced some of these demonstrations. I don fall for church more than once. Even female pastor don touch my head and I fall. Person don lay hands on me and I begin speak in tongues (or so I thought).

Falling down is no demonstration, kids do it all the time. i said "raw demonstration of the power of the supernatural".
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Ranchhoddas: 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2016
Image123:

Falling down is no demonstration, kids do it all the time. i said "raw demonstration of the power of the supernatural".
Person blow you breeze you fall for ground no be demonstration again. If what you mean is healing of amputees, I never see that one o. You don see am before?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Image123(m): 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Person blow you breeze you fall for ground no be demonstration again. If what you mean is healing of amputees, I never see that one o. You don see am before?

How is falling down a raw demonstration of supernatural power, kindly explain? What did you get after falling? i've never personally met(in a church service) or known an amputee, sorry. How many do you know?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Ranchhoddas: 1:27pm On Jul 13, 2016
Image123:

How is falling down a raw demonstration of supernatural power, kindly explain? What did you get after falling? i've never personally met(in a church service) or known an amputee, sorry. How many do you know?
What is it with you and the word 'raw'.? Is it that falling is not a raw demonstration or that it is not a demonstration at all. What is the difference between the two?- Demonstration and raw demonstration that is.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Image123(m): 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What is it with you and the word 'raw'.? Is it that falling is not a raw demonstration or that it is not a demonstration at all. What is the difference between the two?- Demonstration and raw demonstration that is.

What did you get after falling? Stay in context.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Ranchhoddas: 1:38pm On Jul 13, 2016
Image123:

What did you get after falling? Stay in context.
Absolutely nothing.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Image123(m): 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Absolutely nothing.

Exactly, that was why i hailed the fellow who had experienced a raw demonstration of the supernatural. People who have experienced real testimonies, striking experiences. Not falling down that 2 year olds experience daily.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Ranchhoddas: 2:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
Image123:

Exactly, that was why i hailed the fellow who had experienced a raw demonstration of the supernatural. People who have experienced real testimonies, striking experiences. Not falling down that 2 year olds experience daily.
So it wasn't God?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by cloudgoddess(f): 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
Image123:

Exactly, you don't think. If you did, you would believe God.
Is that all you got from those words? Let me try and break it down for you a bit more.

There isn't just "one reason" for my, or any person's existence. Everyone who is alive now is alive because of an infinite number of events including the birth of their earliest ancestors, dating all the way back to the common non-human ancestors we all share, and the chemical & physical processes that led to their emergence (including the formation of the milky way galaxy and our sun), not to mention all the events that have kept them alive thus far. Tagging a single target as the reason for one's existence would be viewing things from a very myopic & incomplete scope.

Great you started thinking here. Your parents are responsible for your birth or abortion. It had nothing to do with your other ancestors.
See the above. Also what's with the useless insults? Was I insulting you in my original responses to you? If not then where's this coming from? Do you have an inferiority complex or something?

Only that you only trace by faith. i also trace by faith. Thanking non-living things is not one of the smartest things to do IMHO. Don't ever be found doing it, even if you are thinking it please.
Nope, not faith. Evidence & education.

And I'll just ignore the additional pettiness & deflection attempt.

Meaning HardMirror is not natural or normal i guess. He considers human life and ant life to be of the same relevance.
Or maybe he has a different way of thinking of the situation. On a time scale of 14 billion years (the age of the universe), one could say an ant's life (.0000000000357% of that) and a human's life (.00000000643%) are nearly indistinguishable at least as far as length goes.

If we choose, it is fine by you. If God chooses, na wahala, you see everything wrong with it.
Because god is supposed to be omnipotent and an omnipotent god shouldn't exhibit biased human thinking. Unless he was invented by humans.

In other words, there is no "you". The you that stole yesterday is different and should not be punished today because the atoms have been exchanged by the second, or what is the point you are trying to make with this common knowledge of body metabolism?
It was merely a "food for thought" side note, which is what the star was supposed to indicate. Stop jumping to conclusions, it isn't making you look any smarter if that is your goal.

2 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Image123(m): 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
So it wasn't God?

i don't know, i wasn't there for instance. What i said is that it is not a raw demonstration of the supernatural. By the way, not everything supernatural or powerful is God. There be many spirits out there.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Ranchhoddas: 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2016
Image123:

i don't know, i wasn't there for instance. What i said is that it is not a raw demonstration of the supernatural. By the way, not everything supernatural or powerful is God. There be many spirits out there.
Whatever you say boss. You are the authority on these things.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Image123(m): 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Whatever you say boss. You are the authority on these things.

lol, Jesus is oh.My prayers for you remain the same. That you are saved.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Ranchhoddas: 3:21pm On Jul 13, 2016
Image123:

lol, Jesus is oh.My prayers for you remain the same. That you are saved.
Okay oo. Pray very well. Don't forget to add prayer for money. That one dey more urgent.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Image123(m): 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Okay oo. Pray very well. Don't forget to add prayer for money. That one dey more urgent.

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
The Lord will provide, He does it all the time.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Image123(m): 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Is that all you got from those words? Let me try and break it down for you a bit more.

There isn't just "one reason" for my, or any person's existence. Everyone who is alive now is alive because of an infinite number of events including the birth of their earliest ancestors, dating all the way back to the common non-human ancestors we all share, and the chemical & physical processes that led to their emergence (including the formation of the milky way galaxy and our sun), not to mention all the events that have kept them alive thus far. Tagging a single target as the reason for one's existence would be viewing things from a very myopic & incomplete scope.

No, that was not all i got, that was why i later said "Your parents are responsible for your birth or abortion. It had nothing to do with your other ancestors." Your parents and God are the primary reasons for your existence hence the need to thank them primarily instead of losing focus like you are attempting to. Your drab reasons can be an excuse to never be thankful for anything at all. If you do not understand that(i know you would), simply give me an example of something to say thank you for, and watch me throw in your line of reasoning why one should not be thankful.

See the above. Also what's with the useless insults? Was I insulting you in my original responses to you? If not then where's this coming from? Do you have an inferiority complex or something?

You do know that i do not have an inferiority complex, the question is needless. Sorry you felt insulted as that was not my motive. i said that "you don't think" because you said that you don't think. You did say so. But looking back and putting myself in your shoes, i see you'd feel insulted because unbelievers pride themselves in thinking and being freethinkers as it were. For me as a believer, it's almost usual to be told that i don't think, and come to think of it i do base my life on the Word, not on thinkability. So, accept my sincere apologies again.

Nope, not faith. Evidence & education.

And I'll just ignore the additional pettiness & deflection attempt.

Education? What do you mean by education, degrees? Because people with degrees also believe what i believe. If you mean you were taught, of course everyone is taught. Teaching takes place everywhere. i did not receive my beliefs in a vision either, i was educated. And i believed what i was taught, just like you believed what you were educated on.
Evidence, what evidence do you have? Some bones in the laboratory?

Or maybe he has a different way of thinking of the situation. On a time scale of 14 billion years (the age of the universe), one could say an ant's life (.0000000000357% of that) and a human's life (.00000000643%) are nearly indistinguishable at least as far as length goes.

But i see your fellows complaining all the time about christians having a different way of thinking, and about different denominations. Aren't you guys supposed to have the same way of thinking or what was the fuss about? It's very convenient for you to fix a time scale of 14 billion years to justify HardMirror's view that a ant's life and human life are of the same relevance. Yet, you scream if i fix God's timescale of eternity to justify punishment of sinners. In your timescale, are ant's life and human life of the same relevance?

Because god is supposed to be omnipotent and an omnipotent god shouldn't exhibit biased human thinking. Unless he was invented by humans.

You based your premise on "our enhanced ability to imagine and empathize with the suffering of other members of our species outside of our kin, & even members of other species, might see all life as equally valuable if we choose". Now you are forming weak and biased.

It was merely a "food for thought" side note, which is what the star was supposed to indicate. Stop jumping to conclusions, it isn't making you look any smarter if that is your goal.

Food for thought? What kind of thought exactly?You said "Its impossible to pin down any particular group of atoms and accurately call it "me" my entire life." What sort of thought is this meant to foster? Kindly elucidate, it makes no sense when put to test apparently. Whatever symbol you feel like putting in front or back or middle, whether star or moon or sun or asterisk, your statement falls meaningless/absurd in the face of reality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by adoyi8: 11:06pm On Jul 15, 2016
promise10:

Nice? Wow!
Really?

I will as well like to see someone get a miracle from the god of batman. If you have any video showing someone praying to batman and getting a miracle from the god of batman, I would like you to post the video of it, as I have searched and found none.

You may not have to ask for an evidence of yaweeh healing people by the name of his son Jesus, because there are thousands, if not millions on the internet. But, even if you must ask, try to search then if you didn't see, you can then ask for evidences from me since I have access to many christian miracle videos.

As for my question, I search and found NONE, that's why I am asking.

Thank you in advance for granting my request.

The video you are looking for is called 'Batman Forever' or you can try 'Batman Returns'
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by davien(m): 1:33am On Jul 16, 2016
Image123:

i also was surprised at his line of reasoning, but i later felt maybe he's trying to tie the OP to the faith thing. We are all believing that the sun will "die" basically.
The difference is that belief is based on evidence... it's a fact that stars die.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Rankine(m): 2:54am On Jul 16, 2016
A question for the athiest..... pls wat first existed in this universe nd how did it exist on its own from nothing..... simply put can something exist out of nothing based on scientific prove?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by KingEbukaNaija: 10:01am On Jul 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This one craze pass KingEbukasblog and KingEbukaNaija put together. Respect Man!

grin grin . The dude is good . But you have not seen anything yet wink wink .

1 Like

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Image123(m): 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2016
davien:
The difference is that belief is based on evidence... it's a fact that stars die.

It's a fact that sinners will go to hell too. Where is your fact that stars die?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by davien(m): 3:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
Image123:

It's a fact that sinners will go to hell too. Where is your fact that stars die?
It's not a fact that people go to hell... facts are demonstrable, stars have been known to follow the fact of nuclear fusion and thus are liable to die when no fuel source can be used in fusion or the creation of a nuclei of iron too heavy for the star to remain in balance.

Is going to hell even remotely that precise or demonstrable? or is it the same wishy washy I feel it so it must be true ideology?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Image123(m): 11:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
davien:
It's not a fact that people go to hell... facts are demonstrable, stars have been known to follow the fact of nuclear fusion and thus are liable to die when no fuel source can be used in fusion or the creation of a nuclei of iron too heavy for the star to remain in balance.

Is going to hell even remotely that precise or demonstrable? or is it the same wishy washy I feel it so it must be true ideology?

A fact is something known to be true or actual, not necessarily demonstrable. Kindly demonstrate a star dying, have you ever seen one die? Many people know going to hell to be true. Some people even claim to have been there, hehehehe.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by wirinet(m): 6:54am On Jul 20, 2016
Dejideji1:

I know where you are going, your question simply means, "if God created everything, then he too must have been created then who created God?"

I can't believe you are still asking this question, because it has been raised several times on this forum and it has been dealt with.

Answering that question will lead to an infinite regression of causes. If we go by the law of cause and effect.
God is eternal, he caused time to exist so that the law of cause and effect will hold thus there will be consequences for every action taken.

God is not bound by the dimensions of space and time thus he doesn't need to be created, it's only something that is bounded by time that needs to be created.

The Bible also attest to the eternal nature of God. Only that you choose not to believe the Bible.

I will refer you to a topic that once made FP for more details.
Search for:

"if God created everything, who created God?"

This is one question that has trouble theists from the dawn of time. I remembered asking this same question some 30 years ago, and no one could provide an answer. I decided to search for answers and my search lead to unexpected and unusual answers.

Your god is eternal and not bound by time is just an houdini style excapist argument. It does nothing to answer the question. It does not answer the question of who created god or when it started to exist. If you say it solves the question of infinite regression, it does not. Why does the regression have to stop at your god? Why does it not stop at his creator or even the universe itself.

The universe could be eternal, needing no creator. The universe itself is outside time and space because space and time is a consequence of an expanding universe, before the universe started expanding, there was nothing like space and time.

1 Like

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by wirinet(m): 10:19am On Jul 20, 2016
Image123:

So you want to tell me you do not know that stars are born, burn their fuel and eventually die?
As I always say, you guys need to put your bibles and Korans once a while and get some proper education.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by wirinet(m): 10:21am On Jul 20, 2016
Rankine:
A question for the athiest..... pls wat first existed in this universe nd how did it exist on its own from nothing..... simply put can something exist out of nothing based on scientific prove?
We have no clue. But what we know is that the Universe is, was and probably will always be.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Image123(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2016
wirinet:

So you want to tell me you do not know that stars are born, burn their fuel and eventually die?
As I always say, you guys need to put your bibles and Korans once a while and get some proper education.

Of course i know, it's a miracle you didn't read me say i know. You want to tell me that you don't know that there's hell and you will go there without repenting?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by wirinet(m): 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2016
Image123:

Of course i know, it's a miracle you didn't read me say i know. You want to tell me that you don't know that there's hell and you will go there without repenting?

I honestly do not know there is hell. can you show me what it is, The composition, constituents and location?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Image123(m): 7:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
wirinet:

I honestly do not know there is hell. can you show me what it is, The composition, constituents and location?

After you. Show me a star being born and a star dying, its composition, constituents and how you know. There's hell, now you know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

The New Deeper Life Headquarter Church(pictures) / December 31 Without Crossover Service.. / Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.