Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,135 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me (17487 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
BossTtdiamonds:

Sorry Sir, but I prefer when individuals are specific... In your previous statement, you made use of the word more of;

Your use of the word made me think you're not entirely sure.

Might I ask again sir. What was the conviction of your calling and how were you called?
From the time I was saved, all I desired was to win souls. I just can't be at peace with my self when I am not winning souls. I discovered I also had a strong attraction to evangelists and apostles, more than I had to teachers and pastors. Most of my friends were evangelists too.
As for conviction. Those were times I communicated with the Holy Spirit so it was easy to hear the Holy Spirit expressly tell me all God wanted was for me to win souls.

I kept seeing visions of me evangelising to muslims in islamic nations. Being an evangelist in islamic nations was my vision
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by BossTtdiamonds(m): 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

From the time I was saved, all I desired was to win souls. I just can't be at peace with my self when I am not winning souls. I discovered I also had a strong attraction to evangelists and apostles, more than I had to teachers and pastors. [b]Most of my friends were evangelists too.
[/b]As for conviction. Those were times I communicated with the Holy Spirit so it was easy to hear the Holy Spirit expressly tell me all God wanted was for me to win souls.

I kept seeing visions of me evangelising to muslims in islamic nations. Being an evangelist in islamic nations was my vision

Might I ask sir, we're you aware of the scripture in the bible (Ezekiel 14:4) that states "Therefore speak unto them, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Every man of the house of Israel that setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to the prophet; I the LORD will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols"

Could it have been that what really made you an evangelist was your fantasy about one and not the true call of God for you?
I do hope this dosen't anger you in anyway sir. I await your sincere reply.
If you're wondering why I'd assert this sir, the bolded in your response prompted me to inquire.

The Holy Spirit expressly tell me all God wanted was for me to win souls.
If you're in disagreement with my above stated assertion, you would quite agree with me that the winning of souls can be accomplished in any department of the five fold ministry.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 8:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
BossTtdiamonds:

Might I ask sir, we're you aware of the scripture in the bible (Ezekiel 14:4) that states "Therefore speak unto them, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Every man of the house of Israel that setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to the prophet; I the LORD will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols"

Could it have been that what really made you an evangelist was your fantasy about one and not the true call of God for you?
I do hope this dosen't anger you in anyway sir. I await your sincere reply.
If you're wondering why I'd assert this sir, the bolded in your response prompted me to inquire.

If you're in disagreement with my above stated assertion, you would quite agree with me that the winning of souls can be accomplished in any department of the five fold ministry.
I was definite about my calling.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by BossTtdiamonds(m): 8:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

I was definite about my calling.

Considering the aforementioned or not?
Also, might I ask of your definition of definite?
I'd also appreciate if you could also give instances of this definite claim?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Dejideji1(m): 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Pascal's wager again, it assumes Yahweh is the true god

So what if you die and find out Allah is actually the true god? You're just as screwed as us

Bro you are still living in your state of confusion, remember our last encounter? This your points are very weak and silly this time. How many times will i tell you there is only one God?

Do you know what Allah means? If you do then you will realize your question does not make sense.

Allah means God. ask any Muslim and they will tell you that it's the God that created the universe and the things in it. And that is still the same God Christians make reference to. So what are you saying?

The only set of people you share the same fate with are the hindus(their believe is skewed), Buddhist, new age, and Idol worshipers.

Pls come up with a reasonable point if you want to argue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 9:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
BossTtdiamonds:

Considering the aforementioned or not?
Also, might I ask of your definition of definite?
I'd also appreciate if you could also give instances of this definite claim?
I undertook several discipleship under various pastors (I travel a lot so had lots of pastors) and many of them confirmed this too.
My definition of definite? Well all I know I had a calling not to build churches, or have denominations (I related with many denominations) my job was simple win souls and move on to the next soul to be won.
Conviction is not something I can explain to you. I have expressly stated that the Holy spirit related things to me. So knowing my calling was child's play.
Can we quit going in circles now?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Dejideji1(m): 9:13pm On Jul 05, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

*modified, pls refresh
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
I'm sorry this might be lengthy, but please bear with my long post.. Also I'll be treating you as one who has read much on things embedded in the bible - meaning I'll be making more scriptural references.

HardMirror:

I undertook several discipleship under various pastors (I travel a lot so had lots of pastors) and many of them confirmed this too.
My definition of definite? Well all I know I had a calling not to build churches, or have denominations (I related with many denominations) my job was simple win souls and move on to the next soul to be won.
Conviction is not something I can explain to you. I have expressly stated that the Holy spirit related things to me. So knowing my calling was child's play.
Can we quit going in circles now?

Sensitive matters are at best treated with patience... I do hope you grant me patience with regards my questions..
I might sound ridiculous asking questions that look/seem I'm repeating myself, but believe me, I'm not... Please also do pardon my imprudence in advance if you feel I'm stepping on your nerves.

Still re-iterating the quote below, how are you sure things related to you by the spirit we're not things you placed as idols in your heart?
I have expressly stated that the Holy spirit related things to me.

In terms of the idols - referencing your fantasy about "Your desire was to win souls, strong attraction to evangelists and apostles".
Could this have been the little thing that you probably didn't think count but caused a massive alteration to your purpose and destiny.
Although you might want to reiterate your argument that your calling was definite, but there are chances what you thought was your calling wasn't really your calling. It could be the strange sons David talked about in Psalms 144:7 - 14. Or could be that you were answered according to what you kept as idols in your heart.
Secondly, could it have been that when you turned to Christ, you separated yourself from the world but not unto God - implying that although you were separated, you never really journeyed unto God. It might have looked like it on the physical, but never on the spiritual.

Just incase the above pissed you off, you might want to skip to the next question
You must have been prone to some bad habits before you turned to Christ, might I ask what those bad habits were?

2 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Ranchhoddas: 9:41pm On Jul 05, 2016
BossTtdiamonds:

The fact that the odd of choosing right doesn't negate the fact that the one he choose might just be right.

Take for instance 5000 persons each having a personal key.
You wish to access a door and of the 5000 persons, you can select any to try of their key.
Should you by chance choose the correct person with the correct key does not negate the fact of truth here cuz the odds states 1 in 5000.
Its not about the odds bro, its about choosing right..
So you admit that you are gambling?

1 Like

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by hopefulLandlord: 10:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
Dejideji1:

Bro you are still living in your state of confusion, remember our last encounter?

No one is more confused than someone who played a gamble with the odds of 1/5000 when he most likely doesn't even need to

This your points are very weak and silly this time. How many times will i tell you there is only one God?

Repeating something doesn't make it suddenly truer, I'm sure Hindus would tell you there's ONLY one god and its definitely not Yahweh

Do you know what Allah means? If you do then you will realize your question does not make sense.

Good, funny, I placed a web and I knew you'll fall into it, you were quick to answer because I wrote Allah, Allah is different from Yahweh, if you doubt this bros, google is your friend

Allah means God.
So is Vishnu to the Hindu and Buddha to Buddhists, that Europeans suddenly started using the first letter as capital when talking about Yahweh doesn't make it any bigger, think for yourself and stop doing what you're told all the time

ask any Muslim and they will tell you that it's the God that created the universe and the things in it. And that is still the same God Christians make reference to. So what are you saying?
There are differences between Yahweh and Allah, Google it and be wiser, that both of them use Capital g doesn't make them the same

http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/god.htm

https://oncedelivered.net/2007/12/20/yahweh-the-god-of-the-bible-vs-allah-the-god-of-the-koran/

The below link went deeper and told us why they're both called God but why they're also not the same

http://www.ciu.edu/content/allah-islam-same-yahweh-christianity

The below is also interesting

http://www.truthortradition.com/articles/what-are-the-differences-between-allah-and-the-god-of-the-christian-bible

The only set of people you share the same fate with are the hindus(their believe is skewed), Buddhist, new age, and Idol worshipers.

This is hilarious, what does John 3:16 or John 14:6 mean to you? So you admit your BuyBull is not so true
After all, read http://www.gotquestions.org/way-truth-life.html

You should stop spreading Paschals wager about like a flawless thing, it has its flaws
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_Wager

Go to the "Criticism" section of that

Like I said to you before, you're better off praying to your god to touch our heart (after all he can do all things according to you) than pulling up Pascal's wager like a Christian that has so to speak played football all his life as though it were a no contact sport

2 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Dejideji1(m): 7:25am On Jul 06, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Repeating something doesn't make it suddenly truer, I'm sure Hindus would tell you there's ONLY one god and its definitely not Yahweh

You are wrong here Bro, take your time to know more about Hinduism, like i quoted in brackets in my last reply, their believe is skewed, they believe in gods not God and also reincarnation, pls go and read more about them and stop arguing ignorantly.

hopefulLandlord:

Good, funny, I placed a web and I knew you'll fall into it, you were quick to answer because I wrote Allah, Allah is different from Yahweh, if you doubt this bros, google is your friend

Actually you are the one that needs Google here, google that word and see what you will come up with. Allah in Arabic means God, so i don't know where you are getting other translations from.

And what does Muslims say about Allah and the creation of the universe.? I still don't get your point here.

If you examine the Quran and Bible, you will find some similar accounts for example the Quran also talks about Jesus (isa) and that he was born of a virgin (Sura 3:47), called the Messiah (Sura 3:45), performed miracles such as raising the dead (Sura 5:110), and bodily ascended into heaven (Sura 4:158)

It also gives similar accounts of Moses (Musa), pharaoh (firaun), Job (Ayub), Solomon (sulayman) etc. In fact it also says that the Bible is God's previous revelation (Sura 2:136; 4:163).
And Muhammad even told people to read it (Sura 5:68; 10:94).

When I said you Share the same fate with Hindu, Buddhist, etc above, i intentionally removed Muslims from the list because they are still in a better position than u guys, you guys are sitting on the fence in this matter.

hopefulLandlord:

So is Vishnu to the Hindu and Buddha to Buddhists, that Europeans suddenly started using the first letter as capital when talking about Yahweh doesn't make it any bigger, think for yourself and stop doing what you're told all the time

Bro you don't know what you are talking about. Pls try to make research and get your facts right before coming here to display your ignorance. I have talked about Hindu above.

Buddhists do not worship any Gods or God. People outside of Buddhism often think that Buddhists worship the Buddha.

However, the Buddha (Siddhartha Gautama) never claimed to be divine, but rather he is viewed by Buddhists as having attained what they are also striving to attain, which is spiritual enlightenment and, with it, freedom from the continuous cycle of life and death.

Bro pls make your next reply short and concise, because I'm typing on a phone and I'm really straining my self to type all this lengthy replies.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Dejideji1(m): 7:29am On Jul 06, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
*modified, pls refresh
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:57am On Jul 06, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
So you admit that you are gambling?

Very much unimpressive...
Read the comments that followed tis' ...
You should get your answer....
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Ranchhoddas: 8:05am On Jul 06, 2016
BossTtdiamonds:

Very much unimpressive...
Read the comments that followed tis' ...
You should get your answer....
This is not an answer. It is not my intention to impress...
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by KingEbukaNaija: 8:23am On Jul 06, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Multiple Personality Disorder?

Are you okay at all ?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 06, 2016
Dejideji1:

Bro you are still living in your state of confusion, remember our last encounter? This your points are very weak and silly this time. How many times will i tell you there is only one God?

Allah means God. ask any Muslim and they will tell you that it's the God that created the universe and the things in it. And that is still the same God Christians make reference to. So what are you saying?

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 06, 2016
Dejideji1:

Allah doesn't mean God, Ilah is the right interpretation for God in arabic, check your facts well

1 Like

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by KingEbukaNaija: 8:29am On Jul 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
This is where I need kingebukanaija to troll the hell out of this poltroon

Bro . I am here . cool
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by KingEbukaNaija: 8:36am On Jul 06, 2016
BeastAmbition:

Allah doesn't mean God, Ilah is the right interpretation for God in arabic, check your facts well

Allah was used to address God by the Arabic Christians prior to the rise of Islam in Arab countries . You are the ignorant one here , sorry to point that out
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:47am On Jul 06, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Allah was used to address God by the Arabic Christians prior to the rise of Islam in Arab countries . You are the ignorant one here , sorry to point that out

You for no tell am na . Leave them to continue their ignorant talk
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Ranchhoddas: 8:55am On Jul 06, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Are you okay at all ?
Get help ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Brymo: 9:14am On Jul 06, 2016
HardMirror:

It would lead to more research and development that would better lives and society.

A good example is medicine. Knowing that there is no God to miraculously heal has lead to man helping himself. We have been progressing in developing medications, vaccines, surgical procedures to save lives.

Amputees have more hope relying on science to give them artificial limbs. There is absolutely no God that can give an amputee back his limbs.
u clearly did not understand the question, anyways give me one clear reason to deny the existence of God.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 06, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Are you for real? - or you just come up here to say whatever you deemed right with you?

Do you know what allah means at all?

Allah is nt the same as yahweh and will never be, though allah has come to stay as referring to the same god the christians worship; nevertheless, it should be noted that initially they were nt same. it is clear that when christians use d name allah as referring to god: it actually stands for the god of the bible but that doesn't mean it's right - it was translated wrongly by the ignorant arabic christians like you.

Allah is the name of a moon god located in mecca - you need to be better informed to avoid embarrassin yaself next time.

Christians made a mistake in using the word allah as god in the bible translation.

A few islamic scripture tell us who allah really was

2 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by hopefulLandlord: 9:16am On Jul 06, 2016
Dejideji1:

You are wrong here Bro, take your time to know more about Hinduism, like i quoted in brackets in my last reply, their believe is skewed, they believe in gods not God and also reincarnation, pls go and read more about them and stop arguing ignorantly.

Actually you are the one that needs Google here, google that word and see what you will come up with. Allah in Arabic means God, so i don't know where you are getting other translations from.

And what does Muslims say about Allah and the creation of the universe.? I still don't get your point here.

If you examine the Quran and Bible, you will find some similar accounts for example the Quran also talks about Jesus (isa) and that he was born of a virgin (Sura 3:47), called the Messiah (Sura 3:45), performed miracles such as raising the dead (Sura 5:110), and bodily ascended into heaven (Sura 4:158)

It also gives similar accounts of Moses (Musa), pharaoh (firaun), Job (Ayub), Solomon (sulayman) etc. In fact it also says that the Bible is God's previous revelation (Sura 2:136; 4:163).
And Muhammad even told people to read it (Sura 5:68; 10:94).

When I said you Share the same fate with Hindu, Buddhist, etc above, i intentionally removed Muslims from the list because they are still in a better position than u guys, you guys are sitting on the fence in this matter.

Bro you don't know what you are talking about. Pls try to make research and get your facts right before coming here to display your ignorance. I have talked about Hindu above.

Buddhists do not worship any Gods or God. People outside of Buddhism often think that Buddhists worship the Buddha.

However, the Buddha (Siddhartha Gautama) never claimed to be divine, but rather he is viewed by Buddhists as having attained what they are also striving to attain, which is spiritual enlightenment and, with it, freedom from the continuous cycle of life and death.

Bro pls make your next reply short and concise, because I'm typing on a phone and I'm really straining my self to type all this lengthy replies.

When comparing two things, while you focus on only similarities; you're totally ignoring the DIFFERENCES I'm very sure you didn't visit ANY of the links I gave you, what is it that you're afraid of?

There are a variety of these similarities, but similarities are not as important as differences when it comes to whether two things are the same or not.

If someone says Nairaland and Facebook are the same and you want to compare them, the differences are what you'll focus more on, that they're both on the internet, both are social media etc doesn't make them the same

You focus on differences

Visit the links I gave up there and find out yourself

That they've been hammering the same thing all the time doesn't make it true

Truth withstands test of time and scrutiny

Allah and Yahweh are NOT the same

Calling them God doesn't suddenly make them the same

4 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 06, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

In depth study of the quran and hadiths, revealed the true identity of allah which has made the translation inaccurate.
let's look at a few islamic scripture that tell us who allah really was.

Q3:62 "this is the true account, the true explanation: There is no Ilah (God) except Allah."
Q52:43 "or have they an ilah ( a god) other than Allah..." Khan.

Q21:108 "say: (muhammad) 'it is revealed to me that your Ilah (God) is only one Ilah (God).

From the above verses it is clear that Allah is not a generic name for God but a personal name for Mohammed's God. In Arabic, the generic name for god is Ilah and not Allah.

Go check your facts right and stop spewing trash on my mention

Next time, if you wanna troll, troll with brain

4 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 10:45am On Jul 06, 2016
Brymo:
u clearly did not understand the question, anyways give me one clear reason to deny the existence of God.
There is simple no reason to even believe there was a God in the first place.
This is like asking why deny the existence of great gwagwa.
What is great gwagwa? What is God?

1 Like

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Dejideji1(m): 11:23am On Jul 06, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

When comparing two things, while you focus on only similarities; you're totally ignoring the DIFFERENCES I'm very sure you didn't visit ANY of the links I gave you, what is it that you're afraid of?

There are a variety of these similarities, but similarities are not as important as differences when it comes to whether two things are the same or not.

If someone says Nairaland and Facebook are the same and you want to compare them, the differences are what you'll focus more on, that they're both on the internet, both are social media etc doesn't make them the same

You focus on differences

Visit the links I gave up there and find out yourself

That they've been hammering the same thing all the time doesn't make it true

Truth withstands test of time and scrutiny

Allah and Yahweh are NOT the same

Calling them God doesn't suddenly make them the same

Bro you are really confused., you keep laying emphasis on "difference" but what can you say about (Sura 2:136; 4:163) which says the Bible is God's previous revelation? Pls which God is the Quran referring to here?

Continue living in your state of confusion and deluded mind.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 11:34am On Jul 06, 2016
BossTtdiamonds:
I'm sorry this might be lengthy, but please bear with my long post.. Also I'll be treating you as one who has read much on things embedded in the bible - meaning I'll be making more scriptural references.

Sensitive matters are at best treated with patience... I do hope you grant me patience with regards my questions..
I might sound ridiculous asking questions that look/seem I'm repeating myself, but believe me, I'm not... Please also do pardon my imprudence in advance if you feel I'm stepping on your nerves.

Still re-iterating the quote below, how are you sure things related to you by the spirit we're not things you placed as idols in your heart?

In terms of the idols - referencing your fantasy about "Your desire was to win souls, strong attraction to evangelists and apostles".
Could this have been the little thing that you probably didn't think count but caused a massive alteration to your purpose and destiny.
Although you might want to reiterate your argument that your calling was definite, but there are chances what you thought was your calling wasn't really your calling. It could be the strange sons David talked about in Psalms 144:7 - 14. Or could be that you were answered according to what you kept as idols in your heart.
Secondly, could it have been that when you turned to Christ, you separated yourself from the world but not unto God - implying that although you were separated, you never really journeyed unto God. It might have looked like it on the physical, but never on the spiritual.

Just incase the above pissed you off, you might want to skip to the next question
You must have been prone to some bad habits before you turned to Christ, might I ask what those bad habits were?

All in the mind. Based on pre conditioning. Nothing of these is real.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by hopefulLandlord: 1:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
Dejideji1:

Bro you are really confused., you keep laying emphasis on "difference" but what can you say about (Sura 2:136; 4:163) which says the Bible is God's previous revelation? Pls which God is the Quran referring to here?

Continue living in your state of confusion and deluded mind.

Looks like your mind is made up, hence your reluctance to compare the differences and hold on to only similarities, so I'll drop Allah and God issue for my own safety because I'm very scared of Muslims, I try not to subject their faith to scrutiny if I can avoid it

However, popping up with Pascal's wager to every atheist you can is ignorance that bothers on arrogance

You are popping it up by assuming they're not aware of the wager, I'm sure 99% of atheists on NAIRALAND (emphasis on Nairaland) know about the wager but chose atheism anyway, when you pop it up its just annoying, you usually sound like they don't know it and you've just discovered a sure way of taking them to OR back to Christianity

Any atheist on Nairaland that doesn't know Pascal's wager is not to be taken seriously

Future atheists may not be aware as atheism may end up being acceptable and some people might just chose without considering it

But any atheist that argues with you on this forum is already aware of it

He has already considered the wager

So, please, look for another "groundbreaking" way other than this

But like I said, not all of us have lost faith in your god

Some of us already have faith in YOU, you have faith in your god which you said can do anything and everything

So kindly pray for us if you're sure of your god, pray to him to touch our heart and make us accept him

After all its not too big for your god to do

Arguing all day won't solve anything

P.S ignore any part of this post you find offensive, correct it on your mind's eye

Thank you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by cloudgoddess(f): 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2016
tempem:

Yeah..
But the sun, moon and the stars stays.. You met those things and you'll leave them here.
Be honest, do you find the thought that one day "you'll die" and interesting one?
Like the others have said, planets and stars also die (this is how planetary nebulas are made, extremely beautiful spectacles of stardust). And their atoms that disperse through the solar system after their death, eventually gather via gravity to form new planets and stars. And on it goes.

Existence is a beautiful cycle of matter and energy expressing in different forms over time. For me to be alive and even typing this here, in the 21st century no less, is a precious gift in itself. Of course like any human or living thing, I'd like to live long. But I humbly accept the reality that one day all the atoms that make up "me" will be dispersed into the earth, and eventually the universe, to form something else. I recognize how much of a priveledge it is to have even gotten the chance to live in the first place.

I think if such an appreciation can be developed (which is quite difficult when one still clinging to religious ideas of eternal life) death becomes far less daunting, and life is more appreciated & less taken for granted.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by tempem: 1:59pm On Jul 06, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Like the others have said, planets and stars also die (this is how planetary nebulas are made, extremely beautiful spectacles of stardust). And their atoms that disperse through the solar system after their death, eventually gather via gravity to form new planets and stars. And on it goes.

Existence is a beautiful cycle of matter and energy expressing in different forms over time. For me to be alive and even typing this here, in the 21st century no less, is a precious gift in itself. Of course like any human or living thing, I'd like to live long. But I humbly accept the reality that one day all the atoms that make up "me" will be dispersed into the earth, and eventually the universe, to form something else. I recognize how much of a priveledge it is to have even gotten the chance to live in the first place.

I think if such an appreciation can be developed (which is quite difficult when one still clinging to religious ideas of eternal life) death becomes far less daunting, and life is more appreciated & less taken for granted.
What evidence do you have that someday the sun and the moon will go out of existence? Since man has endure for *centuries* and yet they still stand!!!
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Dejideji1(m): 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Looks like your mind is made up, hence your reluctance to compare the differences and hold on to only similarities, so I'll drop Allah and God issue for my own safety because I'm very scared of Muslims, I try not to subject their faith to scrutiny if I can avoid it

However, popping up with Pascal's wager to every atheist you can is ignorance that bothers on arrogance

You are popping it up by assuming they're not aware of the wager, I'm sure 99% of atheists on NAIRALAND (emphasis on Nairaland) know about the wager but chose atheism anyway, when you pop it up its just annoying, you usually sound like they don't know it and you've just discovered a sure way of taking them to OR back to Christianity

Any atheist on Nairaland that doesn't know Pascal's wager is not to be taken seriously

Future atheists may not be aware as atheism may end up being acceptable and some people might just chose without considering it

But any atheist that argues with you on this forum is already aware of it

He has already considered the wager

So, please, look for another "groundbreaking" way other than this

But like I said, not all of us have lost faith in your god

Some of us already have faith in YOU, you have faith in your god which you said can do anything and everything

So kindly pray for us if you're sure of your god, pray to him to touch our heart and make us accept him

After all its not too big for your god to do

Arguing all day won't solve anything

P.S ignore any part of this post you find offensive, correct it on your mind's eye

Thank you

Humm, you can't answer the question, you are dropping it for your safety,
Alright i understand you.

But the part i find offensive is your use of "god" to refer to my God. That is derogatory and offensive. this is the second time i will be correcting you on this. There are many gods but one God. The word "god" is synonymous with Idol worshipers.

Pls note that, when ever you are arguing with someone that is religious (either Christian or Muslim).
You can't even try that with Muslims using "god" instead of God. you know what will happen, i won't say more than that.

So pls correct your self. you are free to use "god" whenever you are arguing or discussing with your colleagues (fellow Atheists). But not a Christian or Muslim.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? / "POVERTY" Is A Choice, True Or False?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.