Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,020 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me (17484 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by tonio2wo: 11:49am On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

Ok. Help me understand you better. What supernatural powers are you referring to?
I am sincerely lost here.

Supernatural powers. Things out of the ordinary.
We are africans, we see such around us.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 11:56am On Jul 05, 2016
tempem:

Yeah..
But the sun, moon and the stars stays.. You met those things and you'll leave them here.
Be honest, do you find the thought that one day "you'll die" and interesting one?
Absolutely! Death is a fascinating subject. I want to enjoy life as long as possible and I want my life to be pleasant.
Everything will "die" even the sun. Even the planets. Our life and death are all necessary. If plants don't die, how would I have food to eat? If animals don't die how would plants have food to eat?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2016
tonio2wo:

Supernatural powers. Things out of the ordinary. We are africans, we see such around us.
Like what?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by tempem: 11:59am On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

Absolutely! Death is a fascinating subject. I want to enjoy life as long as possible and I want my life to be pleasant.
Everything will "die" even the sun. Even the planets. Our life and death are all necessary. If plants don't die, how would I have food to eat? If animals don't die how would plants have food to eat?
You sure don't wish to die now, do you?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
tempem:
You sure don't wish to die now, do you?
If I can avoid it, yes I will want to stay alive.

5 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by tempem: 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

If I can avoid it, yes I will want to stay alive.
I love your honesty.
The fact is, we all want to live...
But, it's a wishful dream. 'cause sooner or later we'll die.
Now, why are we even here? Just to live shortly and die? Right?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
tempem:

I love your honesty.
The fact is, we all want to live...
But, it's a wishful dream. 'cause sooner or later we'll die.
Now, why are we even here? Just to live shortly and die? Right?
I think because we humans are intelligent we can choose to give our lives any purpose we choose. Even if it means being a suicide bomber. Else we should just live, enjoy it while it lasts (or suffer it while it lasts) and then die

3 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by tempem: 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

I think because we humans are intelligent we can choose to give our lives any purpose we choose. Even if it means being a suicide bomber. Else we should just live, enjoy it while it lasts (or suffer it while it lasts) and then die
That shows you can sadden someone just to fill in your desire, right?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
tempem:
That shows you can sadden someone just to fill in your desire, right?
Yes I can.

1 Like

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by tempem: 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

Yes I can.
And if any member of your family is being saddened or even if it affected you, for example, someone maimed you, or your kids.. Won't that sadden you?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2016
tempem:

And if any member of your family is being saddened or even if it affected you, for example, someone maimed you, or your kids.. Won't that sadden you?
It would.

2 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by tempem: 12:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

It would.
But the person who did the act is happy that he's made himself happy and here, you are sad about what has happened.
What's that to be called? I don't get it, bro.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 12:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
tempem:

But the person who did the act is happy that he's made himself happy and here, you are sad about what has happened.
What's that to be called? I don't get it, bro.
Selfishness or being inconsiderate.

How does these questions have to do with me, atheism or religion?

Start asking relevant questions and don't take my attention for granted

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by ValentineMary(m): 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ravenna:

Those peeps are so st.upid, they could trip over a cordless phone.
Their mommas had carried crap for nine months.
They could argue Nairaland existed on it's own without the designer- SEUN.
If Seun believes such argument is incoherent baseless and outright st.upidity, kindly unban o.femmanu1 now, i've got better things to post bout politics.
Guy shut up u are just making noise. Can't u see that nobody here takes u serious?

2 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Ranchhoddas: 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ravenna:

Those peeps are so st.upid, they could trip over a cordless phone.
Their mommas had carried crap for nine months.
They could argue Nairaland existed on it's own without the designer- SEUN.
If Seun believes such argument is incoherent baseless and outright st.upidity, kindly unban o.femmanu1 now, i've got better things to post bout politics.
Receive sense!

1 Like

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by tempem: 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

Selfishness or being inconsiderate.

How does these questions have to do with me, atheism or religion?

Start asking relevant questions and don't take my attention for granted
Am not even going there.
What am trying to let us picture is this..

Let's examine what our life here on earth centers on.
I hope you got me now?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 12:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
Let's keep to the topic please.

Thank you.

Keep the questions coming
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 12:54pm On Jul 05, 2016
tempem:

Am not even going there.

I hope you got me now?
Your life centers on the expectations of the society you live in or what you choose for yourself if you are a non-conformist.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Ranchhoddas: 12:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

I guess you want this account banned too.
If you have nothing relevant to say, why don't you ignore the thread.
Wrong guy
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by AccidentalGenius: 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
tempem:

Am not even going there.

I hope you got me now?
our life her on earth is centered on the choices each an every individual makes irrespective of their beliefs. Every choice a man makes takes him on a path. Good people make a choice to be good. Some claim to be good for religion, some don't. Evil people made a choice to be evil. Some are evil on for their beliefs, some aren't. A person is responsible for himself and his choices. A person who chooses to believe in a god is his choice. A person who chooses to not believe in a god is his choice. That is what our time on earth is centered on. Our choices. Don't attach everything evil to atheism indirectly. Whats the difference between that and tribalism?

4 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Wrong guy
Oooops. So sorry. Will modify my post now.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by johnydon22(m): 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
tempem:

Yeah..
But the sun, moon and the stars stays.. You met those things and you'll leave them here.
Be honest, do you find the thought that one day "you'll die" and interesting one?

Nope everything dies, the sun, the moon the stars... they are all caught in the doom of universal catastrophe.

even the universe itself.

You outlive a mosquito that lives just 9 days, these are all varying timeline of a blinkful existence in a vast cosmos of colliding causalities and annihilation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 2:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
johnydon22:

Nope everything dies, the sun, the moon the stars... they are all caught in the doom of universal catastrophe.

You outlive a mosquito that lives just 9 days, these are all varying timeline of a blinkful existence in a vast cosmos of colliding causalities and annihilation.
That is just it.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Dejideji1(m): 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

I have been carefully following your replies to tempem, but after reading this particular one, i felt the urge to cut in.

You said, everything will die, agreed. But there is something you are not sensitive enough to note, or chose to ignore. In the latter part of your reply above, haven't you noticed the cycle and intricate interdepence in nature?

Pls how can we account for those cycles and interdependence if an intelligent mind is not behind it? If everything came into being by chance and not by design as science believe, then the earth and the universe at large would be in a state of chaos.

Just take a look around you and see the orderliness in nature.

1 Like

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Dejideji1(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:
*modified pls refresh
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by tempem: 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
johnydon22:

How long has the sun been?
Let's start from there.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by tempem: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
AccidentalGenius:
our life her on earth is centered on the choices each an every individual makes irrespective of their beliefs. Every choice a man makes takes him on a path. Good people make a choice to be good. Some claim to be good for religion, some don't. Evil people made a choice to be evil. Some are evil on for their beliefs, some aren't. A person is responsible for himself and his choices. A person who chooses to believe in a god is his choice. A person who chooses to not believe in a god is his choice. That is what our time on earth is centered on. Our choices. Don't attach everything evil to atheism indirectly. Whats the difference between that and tribalism?

What?
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 3:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
Dejideji1:

I have been carefully following your replies to tempem, but after reading this particular one, i felt the urge to cut in.

You said, everything will die, agreed. But there is something you are not sensitive enough to note, or chose to ignore. In the latter part of your reply above, haven't you noticed the cycle and intricate interdepence in nature?

Pls how can we account for those cycles and interdependence if an intelligent mind is not behind it? If everything came into being by chance as science believe, then the earth and the universe at large would be in a state of chaos.

Just take a look around you and see the orderliness in nature.

Beautiful.
These are the questions I relish.

When you look around and study nature closest to you, you would notice that everything seems to survive on what is immediately available to them.

You can either look at this as a proof that these organisms were designed to survive on each other OR you could choose to see them as evolving to make use of what is immediately available to them.

Eg why should carnivores exist? It would have been simpler to have herbivores only. But carnivores have to chase their prey and struggle to kill them before they can feed. So why have carnivores?
For one, digestion of meat is far more easier than digestion of vegetation.

So the way I see it, every organism has evolved to survive on what is immediately available.

Plants evolved before animals. By the time animals were evolving oxygen was abundant, thanks to the plants and the easiest thing to feed on was the plants. Process of extracting energy out of the starch in the plants means animals would need oxygen so it was natural that animals evolved to breath in oxygen to enable this digestion to be possible.

So our dependence on each other is due to our history. We are all related. Even animals to plants and we all make use of what is available to survive.

Dejideji1:

If everything came into being by chance as science believe, then the earth and the universe at large would be in a state of chaos.
Why do you thinks what we have now is not chaos?

If I scattered letters of the alphabets on the floor, you have words like.

Hgjdeid

Saghsy

Owuyewtyek

Sdh

Siuwty

Sduswayu

Lkjdui

To you these words may not make any sense because your mind has been trained to expect some words you are familiar with.

But really those random words make sense if we choose to give them meaning. The words I type in english only makes sense to you because we gave them meaning.

So there can be order in disorder.

What makes you think clay or water are not alive in their own way? What makes you think dust and stone are not alive in their own way?

you only partially understand the world you think you understand. In reality it is possible that there is nothing like chaos.

6 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Dejideji1(m): 4:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

Beautiful.
These are the questions I relish.

When you look around and study nature closest to you, you would notice that everything seems to survive on what is immediately available to them.

You can either look at this as a proof that these organisms were designed to survive on each other OR you could choose to see them as evolving to make use of what is immediately available to them.

Eg why should carnivores exist? It would have been simpler to have herbivores only. But carnivores have to chase their prey and struggle to kill them before they can feed. So why have carnivores?
For one, digestion of meat is far more easier than digestion of vegetation.

So the way I see it, every organism has evolved to survive on what is immediately available.

Plants evolved before animals. By the time animals were evolving oxygen was abundant, thanks to the plants and the easiest thing to feed on was the plants. Process of extracting energy out of the starch in the plants means animals would need oxygen so it was natural that animals evolved to breath in oxygen to enable this digestion to be possible.

So our dependence on each other is due to our history. We are all related. Even animals to plants and we all make use of what is available to survive.

Your explanation still doesn't disprove the believe of creationists. Let's look at it practically, As a Creator if you want to create a living thing, let's say man for example, which of the things currently in existence would you create first?

Definitely you would have to create the things he will need to survive first, i can't create man before creating plants for instance because he won't survive.

So your idea of something evolving on what is available to survive is still justified by the idea of creationists. (You were formerly a Christian and you know the sequence of creation in Genesis)

Thus the explanation you gave still doesn't rule out the existence of an intelligent mind(God) behind creation.

HardMirror:

Why do you thinks what we have now is not chaos?

If I scattered letters of the alphabets on the floor, you have words like.

Hgjdeid

Saghsy

Owuyewtyek

Sdh

Siuwty

Sduswayu

Lkjdui

To you these words may not make any sense because your mind has been trained to expect some words you are familiar with.

But really those random words make sense if we choose to give them meaning. The words I type in english only makes sense to you because we gave them meaning.

So there can be order in disorder.

What makes you think clay or water are not alive in their own way? What makes you think dust and stone are not alive in their own way?

you only partially understand the world you think you understand. In reality it is possible that there is nothing like chaos.

Let me shed more light on what i meant by chaos in that context.

In the absence of chaos, there is orderliness, like i said, take a look around you and see things for yourself.
Examples to prove orderliness in nature are many let me sight some of them:
-day and night sequence
-seasons
-water cycle

-planets in orbits (note how accurate/orderly it is for Kepler to generate laws and equation for it.)

-DNA sequence
-food chain (note the cycle living things go through, its so well planned that everything is utilized, and becomes food to the other)
And many more..

A system in chaos can not have any of those listed above

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
Dejideji1:

Your explanation still doesn't disprove the the idea of the creationists. Let's look at it practically, As a Creator if you want to create a living thing, let's say man for example, which of the things currently in existence would you create first?

Definitely you would have to create the things he will need to survive first, i can't create man before creating plants for instance because he won't survive.

So your idea of something evolving on what is available to survive is still justified by the idea of creationists. (You were formerly a Christian and you know the sequence of creation in Genesis)

Thus the explanation you gave still doesn't rule out the existence of an intelligent mind(God) behind creation.

Let me shed more light on what i meant by chaos in that context.

In the absence of chaos, there is orderliness, like i said, take a look around you and see things for yourself.
Examples to prove orderliness in nature are many let me sight some of them:
-day and night sequence
-seasons
-water cycle

-planets in orbits (note how accurate/orderly it is for Kepler to generate laws and equation for it.)

-DNA sequence
-food chain (note the cycle living things go through, its so well planned that everything is utilized, and becomes food to the other)
And many more..

A system in chaos can not have any of those listed above

Good job bro. Keep pushing him till admits he does not know but then he'll disappointingly end it with "...but its not God" . Oh well

1 Like

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by tonio2wo: 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

Like what?
smiley
I really thought u know ur onions but feigning ignorance to this question shows you r not being sincere to ur quest of being an atheist (ur problem though)
You sound like someone who feels betrayed by god and wants to get back at him by disbelieving him.

Mind u, I am not a religious or churchious person. I thought I have met someone that can give cogent reasons/proofs of the in existence of gods. I was wrong!

Have a great life.

2 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Dejideji1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Good job bro. Keep pushing him till admits he does not know but then he'll disappointingly end it with "...but its not God" . Oh well

Don't mind him, i know when i push him to the wall, that is what he will eventually say.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? / CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.